PDA

View Full Version : Ok what is this thing?

Hatemachine
Oct 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
Ok not sure if anyone has aked or found out or even has a glimmer of an idea.

But what the hell is that little up down red blue arrow thingy in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I've heard it's a rare timer that helps with luck factored in for better finds.

It's a connection meter saying how well your connection is going.

It's a critical hit gauge when it's red arrow up you hit with crits and SE more than with blue arrow down.

The rare timer sounds plausible but unlikely. Noticed on a few occasions rappy's show up in concert with a schedule. On at least 3 occasions we got rappies at the same time in different servers and runs.

the connection sounds most sensible but seems fishy to me.

Since it seems to shift around alot sometimes up or down arrows when loading boss battles so no consistancy there.

The critical timer just sounds dumb but hey just word of mouth.

anyone know what this little bugger is?

Mayu
Oct 14, 2007, 01:30 AM
Down arrow-BLUE= Downloading DATA
UPPER arrow-RED= Uploading DATA

TranceZiggy
Oct 14, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yeahno, I figured that out like first day on PSU. It's not hard, really lol. Go stand in your room, alone. Stand still, and watch the lil thing disappear, then start moving your camera around, and the red arrow (up) will start flickering. Because you're uploading data about your character moving it's head around, to the server. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ZodiacNKnight
Oct 14, 2007, 01:51 AM
All it is is information being transfered.
Mostly packets for synching with the server.

Hatemachine
Oct 14, 2007, 02:01 AM
Ok groovy thanks folks

RedMussel
Oct 14, 2007, 02:42 AM
lol i thought the up arrow was people logging in and down arrow logging out >_> im dumb

Chibi_psu
Oct 14, 2007, 11:09 AM
Lol thats just the data.I find it usefull actually