PDA

View Full Version : The "what did you spend you meseta on" topic

SolomonGrundy
Oct 14, 2007, 03:25 AM
Use this topic to post about you recent purchases from player shops. Feel free to include any detail as to why you made your purchase:

Like a lot of folks lately, I have been saving meseta, trying to figure out what's going to become cheap during the 1UP cup, or when AoI comes.

Buuuut...sometimes you can't help yourself.

The good:
1.2 million
24% light weldline. I don't care if we are getting rabol rappy with 25% light, I have more than character, and this one needed a light armor with an extra slot. Fortefighter's don't have a ton of options until 8*

The 'meh':
38% light ageha-senba. Let's just say I had higher hopes. I thought this would give me damage immunity vs level 65 golormo's with deband and jellen. It doesn't, so I pretty much wasted my meseta.

The unknown:
50% fire gigaline. Yes a crappy B rank armor. But when I see 50% for under a million on the 360 server, I hop on it. Should make soloing de regan/onmagog a cinch. I know another guy that has one, and he takes zero's from a lot of enemies that pummel me.

RedMussel
Oct 14, 2007, 03:34 AM
i had like 3 mil and somehow spent it all on making a pure range bot by using G traps (be for the de ragens breath came out) and a pure striking bot

IsoDonk
Oct 14, 2007, 05:40 AM
Instead of buying weapons and armour and useful stuff with my first 500-odd k, I spent it on the Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Amy statues. Then I realised I only had a Mayrod and a load of cheap tat to my name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The good: 10% light Jogiri, 50k
The bad: 16% ground Gudda Waya, 20k (doesn't do any more damage than my 20% 4*)
The unknown: Having no idea what to spend my current 400k on

AerisZeal
Oct 14, 2007, 06:06 AM
I was trying to save too... But the other night I found myself face-to-face
with a 38% Ice Crea Doubles... I'm 23 million meseta poorer now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soulvayne
Oct 14, 2007, 06:35 AM
Hmm. Spent 4.6 mil on a Solid /Power S and 1 mil on 2 Phantoms (2).

Though I've still saved up nearly 3 mil on my character at this time.

Nyreal
Oct 14, 2007, 06:50 AM
I bought a Burning Rangers poster.

It was so worth it. >_>;

IsoDonk
Oct 14, 2007, 06:54 AM
On 2007-10-14 04:50, Nyreal wrote:
I bought a Burning Rangers poster.

It was so worth it. >_>;

Ha ha ha ha-

-yeah, me too. >_>;

XenithFlare
Oct 14, 2007, 07:27 AM
Excellent:

+10 Ank Pikor 18% Dark -- 1mil

Good:

Hirokteri -- 15mil

Good (but crappy now that I look back on it):

Ank Dedda -- 15mil + aforementioned Hirokteri

Let's just say that my careful plan of selling 65mil worth of stuff and saving for AoI went horribly, horribly wrong very quickly. =( Now I have to deal with the gf yelling at me for spending the money I just got back XD

Nyreal
Oct 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
At least your girlfriend cares. My girlfriend hates the fact that I even play PSO.

Damned PSO Purist. XD

Dragon_Knight
Oct 14, 2007, 07:37 AM
How you people get that 65 mil to start with is beyond me...my shops are lost in the sea of storage and insane prices, I'm ever so lucky to sell some Di photons and ebons. No one buys anything else I can sell.

Anyway all totaled my meseta count is probably in the range of 600k. And there just isn't anything worth buying at this point that I could afford. Best I've done is a Asclon+5 with a 30% lightning for 50K. Everything else...well its just out of my price range.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
I barely sale anything now too, just Di and Ray photons. I buy a couple 8 * or 9 * weapons and now all I've got is a little over 1 mill total.

I had more months ago, but several failed synths on a pure strike PM. >_<
A lot of my meseta got ate up trying to replace half of the materials lost or buying replacement a-rank weapon boards.

XenithFlare
Oct 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
Yeah, my gf plays PSU, too. =P Between the two of us, we have three accounts. One for our mains, one for alts so that we can play simultaneously, and one for X360. Ie: reasonable prices/store-bought S-ranks XD

On 2007-10-14 05:37, Dragon_Knight wrote:
How you people get that 65 mil to start with is beyond me...my shops are lost in the sea of storage and insane prices, I'm ever so lucky to sell some Di photons and ebons. No one buys anything else I can sell.

Anyway all totaled my meseta count is probably in the range of 600k. And there just isn't anything worth buying at this point that I could afford. Best I've done is a Asclon+5 with a 30% lightning for 50K. Everything else...well its just out of my price range.

How'd I get 65mil? Well, it's a lengthy story that began with me finding a SPS on accident, and trading that, and trading what I got there for other stuff, and so on and so forth... until I acquired a 26% Lightning Deva-Zashi, which I sold for 30mil. Then I sold my +10 Phantom (also acquired in a trade) for 15mil. Those keeping track will note that this equals 45million meseta.

The other 20mil I earned through my shop, selling rare mats, grinded B-weapons, grinded A-rank guns, and photons. It took a while, but the weapons helped break the barrier.

And of course now I'm left with about 20-30. Damns AoI...

Kamiense
Oct 14, 2007, 08:04 AM
I spent my money on Zalure disks for my PM. Stupid money sink. ; ;

SAtaarcoeny
Oct 14, 2007, 08:04 AM
well i spent 270 mill from the 360 version on $5,400 in real life stuff for me and my girl.... so i think i win this topic for being the smartest with my meseta....

Genoa
Oct 14, 2007, 08:08 AM
Crozara (7) 20k
Hikauri (8) 75k
Ank Pikor 28% Ice 200k (during the time Ice weapons were still the most desired)

When I'm looking for something, I go through EVERYONE'S shop who owns one before making a decision, remembering each shop name that I consider as I go down the list.

XenithFlare
Oct 14, 2007, 08:12 AM
On 2007-10-14 06:06, SAtaarcoeny wrote:
well i spent 270 mill from the 360 version on $5,400 in real life stuff for me and my girl.... so i think i win this topic for being the smartest with my meseta....

Bitter irony.

1. (obligatory) Apparently not smart enough to know only to hit "Submit" once.
2. If you earned 270mil on 360 in the first place, that's very depressing.
3. Being "smart" and "engaging in illegal activities" are two different things. In fact... I'm pretty sure those are two opposite things...

Skuda
Oct 14, 2007, 08:23 AM
Nothing.

I've been saving http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

... well, untill I find a decently priced Fuka-Misaki, which isn't bound to happen anytime soon...

Gunslinger-08
Oct 14, 2007, 08:26 AM
I bought a sniper last night for 800! (My first night playing ^_^)

Nyreal
Oct 14, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-10-14 06:12, XenithFlare wrote:

3. Being "smart" and "engaging in illegal activities" are two different things. In fact... I'm pretty sure those are two opposite things...

If you're not going to play PSU anymore, I think it's a decent idea to just sell your meseta. Might as well get some money if you're not going to use that lovely digital currency anymore.

amtalx
Oct 14, 2007, 09:29 AM
I don't buy much. Just healing items to get by and the occasional 9*, when I don't feel like making my myself. I have all the S-ranks that aren't unreasonably priced/impossible to find. I need some good Lightning armor though...

e_Tard
Oct 14, 2007, 11:10 AM
Lately I haven't been buying much, just a few 18-22% 8* and 9* FF/FG weapons here and there.

Of course there was that complete failure of my beam vulcanic project last week... failed 7/9 of the synths then broke both of the surviving ones grinding 2-->3... seriously weaksauce... Thx PSU! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Last time I spent a good amount of money was a few months ago when I went on a synthing / gridning spree. Dropped 5 mil, and ended up with 3x Phantom (5), 2x Phantom (4), 2x Shigga Bines(4), 3x Drumline (3), 3x Cubo Mamba (4), 4x howrod (5), 2x Ulteri (3), 3x Mira-Kikami (3), 2x Majimra (3). Not too bad if you ask me.

F-Gattaca
Oct 14, 2007, 11:19 AM
Well, for the most part, I've been trying to SELL things in my shop for people to buy. PM food/lowbie weapons, elemental photons, ore and metal ... no one's been biting as of late. Curses!

Though, as my off-main Raul DiUragano, the most recent things I bought from a player's store were Moatoob Primitive Idols and a Gi-Senba, both items were priced at bargain basement values (the Idols were around 1000 meseta and the Gi-Senba was below the NPC price).

gryphonvii
Oct 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
I bought a 14% light weldline for 150k which I will probably give to one of my lower characters when I get rabol rappy, I will get all my s ranks during the cup event to, I'm hoping. If I don't find anything during that time, I probably am not meant to have anything.

-Tidus_415-
Oct 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-10-14 06:04, SAtaarcoeny wrote:

Lol ok. Pretend to be rich off PSU. If your going to lie you should of at least said 50 Mil to make it a little believable.

Anyway...

2.75 Mil on Hard / Power Charge
4 Mil on [B] Sweet Death (Back when it was still new)
7.5 Mil on Crea Doubles

XenithFlare
Oct 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a useful idea to sell your meseta. I just said it was illegal. Which it is. Still isn't smart.

e_Tard; if you were on ps2, I could help you out. XD I've got about 8 +4 Beam Vulcanics back from when I was levelling mechgun PAs... For some reason, I had REALLY good luck synthing those suckers...

-Aurora-
Oct 14, 2007, 01:35 PM
I gave most of my mesta to either friends or strangers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nobo
Oct 14, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-10-14 01:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:

The unknown:
50% fire gigaline. Yes a crappy B rank armor. But when I see 50% for under a million on the 360 server, I hop on it. Should make soloing de regan/onmagog a cinch. I know another guy that has one, and he takes zero's from a lot of enemies that pummel me.

You know you can buy the 7* 31% fire for 210k at NPC...

Darkly
Oct 14, 2007, 01:44 PM
For some reason, whenever i save up any money at all i blow it all on some scheme to get rich quick.

Never works.

But i'll keep trying dammit.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-10-14 11:44, Nobo wrote:

On 2007-10-14 01:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:

The unknown:

You know you can buy the 7* 31% fire for 210k at NPC...

I already own it. 50%>>31% especially since it has a body slot. Also the equiping requirements on the 5* armor means my alt (a protranser), can use it MUCH ealier.

mizukage
Oct 14, 2007, 03:13 PM
WOW!! I thought it is extremely difficult to earn meseta in the online, yet you people are so wealthy. In the extra mode, I only get about 30k per 10-min run. Supposedly, if I do 100 runs, I will get 3mil, but after 10 runs or so, I usually fall asleep. Jeez! Meseta is best spent on A-rank and S-rank goods, such as weaponry and armory.

panzer_unit
Oct 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
Best purchase I ever made was Rabol Dadan for 14 mil. Ended up swapping that for a Meteor Cannon, which is even sexier. Similarly I swapped a Rabol Rad bought for 5 mil for Vahra Claws +5. Shigga Damduc +10 for 4 mil, 50% light Gudda Godda for 800k from a friend. Good purchases all.

I bought a +10 Hikauri bow ages ago and while THAT wasn't a really good buy, it's STOPPED me from buying other +10 weapons when I've got a +5 or so... grinding bonuses from stats aren't that awesome. Especially on A ranks.

F-Gattaca
Oct 14, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-10-14 13:15, panzer_unit wrote:

I bought a +10 Hikauri bow ages ago and while THAT wasn't a really good buy, it's STOPPED me from buying other +10 weapons when I've got a +5 or so... grinding bonuses from stats aren't that awesome. Especially on A ranks.

Tell me about it! I'm in love with the Riflic. A friend pawned his max-grinded Riflic off on me now that he had +10 Phantoms and Phantomlines.

The grinds on a +10 Riflic make it a very close competitor to a +10 Phantom, although you don't get the ATA or the armor set bonus that comes with a Phantomline. But I'm a CAST; who needs all that ATA?

I'm personally waiting for a mechgun line shield bonus set ... if they ever happen.

Anduril
Oct 14, 2007, 03:43 PM
I really don't know where all my money goes... A 9* here, a scape doll there. And also looking for Vulcalines and Neu Ebons.

Bliven
Oct 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
I spend all my money breaking stuff to sell!

PJ
Oct 14, 2007, 04:06 PM
I bought a [b] Del Jagnus for 120k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Then Double S told me he only payed 80k for it, and I jokingly said I felt ripped off, so he gave me 40k back XD

mizukage
Oct 14, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-10-14 13:15, panzer_unit wrote:

Truly, the grinding system for the A-ranks aren't impressive at all, yet the only good thing about it is that A-ranks cannot be bought in NPC stores and can only be obtained through 45K synth. boards, which is much much cheaper compared to the 500k S-ranks.

Turbobrain
Oct 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
Sytnthing. All on synthening. The last week I've done about 10mil.... had one 50%(ahh it would be one of the very few Kubara 8*'s I dediced to put in to spend the Kubara woods I had lying around rather than a 9*), one 38%, a handfulll of 30%'s and all the other jubk wnt in the shop.

Oh yeah, made a 34% Fire-Yamato, failed 3 Ganna, synthed one crappy Rabol Rad(18% dark), and an handfull of other things. Nothing outstanding really.

I tell you its tougher selling value armours then value weps. I really don think ppl relaise what money goes into making them or who they can save you big time with the right %'s.

I to thought I would save for the cup and AoI but have failed. Again. I hope to make it back by selling ridulously over-priced rappy feathers and it seems I am not alone in this enterprise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-10-14 18:43 ]</font>

Genoa
Oct 14, 2007, 11:27 PM
I can barely hold my money, I roughly keep it in the hundred thousands. Of course, like most people I believe, I switch all my money to whatever character I'm playing. I do that with Equipment too, forget buying doubles, If I know I want to play one of my other characters later or the next day, I'll put all the things they need in my common box.

I buy a lot of B-stuff though too, mostly high-elements or high-grinds =/. Usually stuff just as a pre-requisite before I can use my 9*'s for that character... I've only remade 4, 5 characters <_> ... I'm settling with these 4 though. 2 male, 2 female, all 4 races. And if AoI somehow has more character slots, I'm in luck :3 because I have a hard time sticking with one character for too long.

Zabrio
Oct 15, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-10-14 03:40, IsoDonk wrote:
Instead of buying weapons and armour and useful stuff with my first 500-odd k, I spent it on the Sonic/[b]Tails[b]/Knuckles/Amy statues.

lucky 36o players i want tails statue...i would trade 100's of other one for 1 tails state tails>all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaro on 2007-10-14 23:47 ]</font>

SAtaarcoeny
Oct 15, 2007, 05:27 AM
On 2007-10-14 09:41, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Lol ok. Pretend to be rich off PSU. If your going to lie you should of at least said 50 Mil to make it a little believable.

Anyway...
lol the only thing that is funny is a noob like you trying to belittle me on the forum cause you cant even begin to imagine what i was worth the number one player in psu (360) server go read the forums on everything i sold your crazy i had the best of everything for every class and alot of it.. opening of my sale i made over 100 million in 1 hr every big name in the game just blowing there meseta.. but its ok i got rid of everything at the right time before it all devalued and i got to take a month break but now 1up cup is back and so is the best player in the game..
7.5 Mil on Crea Doubles

Dragon_Knight
Oct 15, 2007, 07:36 AM
*Looks at -Tidus_415-'s previous post...then look at the quote*

O_o I don't remember him writing all that in bad Engrish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Knight on 2007-10-15 05:38 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 15, 2007, 08:47 AM
On 2007-10-14 13:36, F-Gattaca wrote:
Tell me about it! I'm in love with the Riflic. A friend pawned his max-grinded Riflic off on me now that he had +10 Phantoms and Phantomlines.

The grinds on a +10 Riflic make it a very close competitor to a +10 Phantom, although you don't get the ATA or the armor set bonus that comes with a Phantomline. But I'm a CAST; who needs all that ATA?

LOL! Tell me about it ... I've started making and using grinded Rivet Gloves again instead of Gudda Godda. 100 less ATP is only -30 damage or so on a PA, and they've got more PP. That's knuckles though, they're by far the most messed up class of melee weapons.

XenithFlare
Oct 15, 2007, 10:24 AM
On 2007-10-15 03:27, SAtaarcoeny wrote:

On 2007-10-14 09:41, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Anyway...

7.5 Mil on Crea Doubles

lol the only thing that is funny is a noob like you trying to belittle me on the forum cause you cant even begin to imagine what i was worth the number one player in psu (360) server go read the forums on everything i sold your crazy i had the best of everything for every class and alot of it.. opening of my sale i made over 100 million in 1 hr every big name in the game just blowing there meseta.. but its ok i got rid of everything at the right time before it all devalued and i got to take a month break but now 1up cup is back and so is the best player in the game..

Aww, someone's insecure... you seem to like belittling people with a bit more force, don'tcha? Like this PM I got from you:

lol jealousey good feature on you huh fat kid thats why your a scrub on the game and real life keep trying to bash me in the forums cause ur worthless and all you can do is hate.

Go ahead, keep trying to bash me through private messages. It amuses me.

::ON-TOPIC::

I found a guy selling Relic Edges for 4k. =D So now I own a bunch 'o them for later.

Arcturus
Oct 15, 2007, 11:02 AM
I got a Burst +1 for 50k, plus a bunch of other 8*'s for 40k for my ranger. Kicks tail pretty hard for being level 31.

Now I'm poor. Gotta do HSM more... wish there was another mission that's as popular...

SolomonGrundy
Oct 15, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-10-15 06:47, panzer_unit wrote:

LOL! Tell me about it ... I've started making and using grinded Rivet Gloves again instead of Gudda Godda. 100 less ATP is only -30 damage or so on a PA, and they've got more PP. That's knuckles though, they're by far the most messed up class of melee weapons.

why not graters?

BTW, I think spears are pretty messed up to (at A rank). GRM spears are the best up until then, and all of a sudden ATP/PP on tenora spears goes through the roof.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 15, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-10-15 10:02, SolomonGrundy wrote:
[quote]On 2007-10-15 06:47, panzer_unit wrote:

why not graters?

BTW, I think spears are pretty messed up to (at A rank). GRM spears are the best up until then, and all of a sudden ATP/PP on tenora spears goes through the roof.

EDIT: another purchase I made: I bought every railgun in player shops that were 8K and under. I ground 3 of them to +5, then sold the rest back at 11k each. go me.

XenithFlare
Oct 15, 2007, 05:05 PM
I reaaaallly can't wait for Yohmei fists. Right now the B-rank Yohmei knuckles make me giggle; they just look awesome. I love the rods on 'em.

Rizen
Oct 15, 2007, 05:08 PM
I spend most of my money testing out new things and grinding lower rank weapons. Once in a while, I will buy new clothing.