PDA

View Full Version : Me / Quick Vs Har / Quick

Fresh
Oct 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
Is there a video of me quick and har quick casting next to eachother to show the difference in speed? If there is can you please post the link

amtalx
Oct 15, 2007, 12:34 PM
There's a side-by-side comparison of Me / Quick and Har / Quick in casts per minute somewhere in the Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs section. It's old and I'm not sure what the topic name is but...that's what search is for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

imfanboy
Oct 15, 2007, 01:17 PM
The topic is "Fanboy's (im)Perfect Guide to Forteteching." It lists off the counts of how fast you can cast each Technic per minute with no/quick, me/quick, and har/quick. It's at the very end of the guide.

Huh, I really should go pick up Regrants and add it to my guide...

-Ryuki-
Oct 15, 2007, 02:36 PM
Personally, I would equip a Me/Quick on the AT class (considering they cast fast enough, and it's a less of a reduction on the stat), and then Har/Quick on a normal Teching class. I've tried both, but on a normal Teching class. If I could test both of the units out on the AT class, I'd probably change my mind about it.

Howard_Shark
Oct 15, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-10-15 12:36, RyukiZero wrote:
Personally, I would equip a Me/Quick on the AT class (considering they cast fast enough, and it's a less of a reduction on the stat), and then Har/Quick on a normal Teching class. I've tried both, but on a normal Teching class. If I could test both of the units out on the AT class, I'd probably change my mind about it.

Me too.

mvffin
Oct 15, 2007, 03:05 PM
does hiragi-senba increase casting speed as well? i was in a buff party the other day, and one guy was casting noticeably faster then everyone else, and i noticed he had hiragi, but no me/quick or har/quick equipped. there was another mne in the party with a rod, not nearly casting as fast. if anyone else could test this, i'd appreciate it. or if anyone wants to run moonlight beast hit me. = P

beatrixkiddo
Oct 15, 2007, 03:09 PM
On the 360 version it does, but it doesn't on PC/PS2. Some people here ran tests on it a while back.

WolfBlade
Oct 15, 2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1IQVLnJvfo

Kismet
Oct 15, 2007, 03:41 PM
I know this is a really stupid noobish question... But WHAT are Me/Quick & Har/Quick,a nd what EXACTLY do they do? People big making a big deal out of them, but I have no idea about them what-so-ever... (I live under a rock, yes, I do.) :3

WolfBlade
Oct 15, 2007, 03:54 PM
its make u cast tech faster me/quick is -30 tp and har/quick is -100 tp but its faster casting speed dat is

Xaeris
Oct 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
They're units that go in the head slot of armor. For the price of a TP reduction, they shorten the casting animation (the part where you're waving your wand around before swinging it) of all techs. Lovely unit; some go as far to say that it's required for teching to be enjoyable. I wouldn't go that far, but the difference is definitely noticeable.

mvffin
Oct 15, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-10-15 13:09, beatrixkiddo wrote:
On the 360 version it does, but it doesn't on PC/PS2. Some people here ran tests on it a while back.

ok, now im definitely playing moonlight beast S. does the hiragi effect stack with me/quick or har/quick? i wanna be an acrofortetecher. = P

amtalx
Oct 15, 2007, 06:02 PM
My answer to all of this quick unit talk:

GIB GOD/BATTLE BACK NAO!!

OldCoot
Oct 15, 2007, 06:09 PM
One thing I have noticed about the Har/quick is the animation of your rod going up and then coming down to cast is shorter. Can't tell you how much but you noticed it.

pikachief
Oct 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-10-15 16:09, OldCoot wrote:
One thing I have noticed about the Har/quick is the animation of your rod going up and then coming down to cast is shorter. Can't tell you how much but you noticed it.

yup thats what it does... makes the cast animation shorter..... thats pretty much it...

ThEoRy
Oct 15, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-10-15 13:09, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Does this Hiragi speed increase stack on top of a / quick unit or does it merely get absorbed by the / quick?

ThEoRy
Oct 15, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-10-15 16:02, amtalx wrote:
My answer to all of this quick unit talk:

GIB GOD/BATTLE++ BACK NAO!!

fixy

Chaobo99
Oct 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hiragi really affects casting on 360? Or are you unsure?

e_Tard
Oct 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
I just did some quick testing on a hiragi affecting casting speed on the 360. A rod was used for all tests. First, gi-diga casts in 1 min.

me/quick + Hiragi - 28 casts per min
no quick + Hiragi - 24 casts per min
me/quick + Te-senba - 28 casts per min
no quick + Te-senba - 24 casts per min

Also tried it with shifta:

me/quick + Hiragi - 28 casts per min
no quick + Hiragi - 25 casts per min
me/quick + Te-senba - 28 casts per min
no quick + Te-senba - 25 casts per min

Repeated each trial twice and got the same results. Based on this I'm going to say the hiragi does not significantly affect casting speeds on a rod.

Someone want to try it out with a wand?

Eri_Kasamoto
Oct 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
Hiragi Senba (or any force type armor) only boost your stats, not your casting speed

OldCoot
Oct 16, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-10-15 16:10, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-10-15 16:09, OldCoot wrote:

yup thats what it does... makes the cast animation shorter..... thats pretty much it...

Interesting. From what I have seen and experienced, you can outcast people using a Har/quick. This is really noticed with Gi-techs.

Indica
Oct 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
Har/Quick is only good for using Dambarta and Megiverse. I dont see any other use for that slot for anything else

Wallin
Oct 16, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-10-16 11:00, e_Tard wrote:
Also tried it with shifta:

Since when does Shifta increase casting speed?

Dragwind
Oct 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
I'd take either, but probably prefer Me/Quick due to less tp drain.

majan
Oct 16, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-10-15 13:05, mvffin wrote:
does hiragi-senba increase casting speed as well? i was in a buff party the other day, and one guy was casting noticeably faster then everyone else, and i noticed he had hiragi, but no me/quick or har/quick equipped. there was another mne in the party with a rod, not nearly casting as fast. if anyone else could test this, i'd appreciate it. or if anyone wants to run moonlight beast hit me. = P

the reason you saw that person casting faster than another person is probably because they were using a wand,and using low level buffs.there is a noticable difference from level 1-10 buffs to level 21+ buffs casting speed.

e_Tard
Oct 16, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-10-16 19:56, Wallin wrote:

does hiragi-senba increase casting speed as well? i was in a buff party the other day, and one guy was casting noticeably faster then everyone else, and i noticed he had hiragi, but no me/quick or har/quick equipped.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

majan
Oct 16, 2007, 11:09 PM
On 2007-10-16 19:50, Indica wrote:
Har/Quick is only good for using Dambarta and Megiverse. I dont see any other use for that slot for anything else

quite the opposite,although I cant say that completley because it is good for those techs.but its less beneficial to them than it is for others,especially gi-type techs,which are extremely slow,but do a lot of damage over a huge radius.the faster you can cast those,which is pretty fast on a wand with a har/quick,that is a very effective way to keep the enemies around you flinching constantly while doing a lot of damage.
although the less tp hurts dambarta,because you arent having the dambarta tick and do damage any faster,only the cassting animation itself.so those techs really suffer the most because the tp is just drained,while the damage isnt being done very much faster at all.though it does help to have the dambarta casted faster,which can make a huge difference,so i cant say the dam-types suffer THAT much from it,but compared to the other techs,they definitely suffer the most because besides getting the tech started quicker,the only effect the units have on it is minus damage.

On 2007-10-16 20:44, Dragwind wrote:
I'd take either, but probably prefer Me/Quick due to less tp drain.

though the tp drain hurts a bit which translates to less damage,you make up for and exceed the damage you would be doing without it because you cast more in less time.think of how unbalanced the unit would be if it didnt have some sort of drawback.
it depends though.from what I've seen,me and har quick have a very slim difference.for an additional minus 70 tp it may not seem worth it,but 2 things come to mind:
1-I doubt they made a very rare higher-rank unit to be outperformed by a similar unit of lesser rank and quality.even though this is ST were talking about,that still makes no sense whatsoever.
2-any fortetecher will testify that having the techs cast faster,even sometimes by a split second(i.e when you die whle casting resta and actualyl heal the people around you while sliding across the floor dead) is a very important thing.

Im happy as balls with my me/quick,but ill be hunting a har till the cows come home.hopefully this famitsu event will bring me my unit.

Wallin
Oct 16, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-10-16 20:57, e_Tard wrote:

On 2007-10-16 19:56, Wallin wrote:

does hiragi-senba increase casting speed as well? i was in a buff party the other day, and one guy was casting noticeably faster then everyone else, and i noticed he had hiragi, but no me/quick or har/quick equipped.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

WTH?

What does that have anything to do with the question I asked? You put in bold "I was in a buff party", which doesn't say, "I was in a buff party, and we all made sure we had Shifta up so that our techs would level faster with faster casting." Your quote about the buffing party didn't even have anything to do with your testing, and as Majan said below:

On 2007-10-16 20:48, majan wrote:
the reason you saw that person casting faster than another person is probably because they were using a wand,and using low level buffs.there is a noticable difference from level 1-10 buffs to level 21+ buffs casting speed.

So to get back to the response, I searched on the forums under Shifta and casting speed, not one of them mentioned Shifta in relation to casting speed. I've been in dozens of techer groups, most of which cast only Deband and Retier. So again I ask, and if someone could please actually verify this I would appreciate it, since when does Shifta have anything to do with casting speed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-16 21:15 ]</font>

Umberger
Oct 16, 2007, 11:35 PM
Wallin, he compared casting speeds of two different TECHs...

mvffin
Oct 17, 2007, 01:06 AM

he was using a rod, and had 21+ buffs

e_Tard
Oct 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
I figured you would pick it up from the quote but I guess not... So I'll break it down nicely for you, Wailin, despite your ignorant and rude response.

Shifta does not increase casting speeds... nor did I ever say that, so I'm not sure where you even got that idea from to begin with.

I was testing the casting speeds with/without a me/quick while wearing a hiragi-senba as opposed to a te-senba. The two techs I used in the tests were gi-diga and shifta... get it now?

The only reason I even did tests casting shifta was to relate my tests to Mvffin's experience in the buff party the other day. Hence the quote and bolding...

In the future if you have a question, be polite and please refrain from being an ignorant ass with something to prove.

majan
Oct 17, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-10-16 23:06, mvffin wrote:

he was using a rod, and had 21+ buffs

stumped me.maybe his character had a hardon.

I just hope that the acrotecher speed isnt that crazy faster than a fortetechers,because if its anything liek acrofighter,then holy shit,fortetechers are completely obsolete.if the difference is anyhting like acrofighter-wartecher(see the vid in one of the threads,someone made a comparison) then it will outdps a fortetecher any day of the week.which would piss me off.