PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel is Sega Famred this out to some other dev

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
Sega is preemptive with these things, getting wise in some respects because their in-house need sprucing up.
So How you react?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 16, 2007, 06:02 PM
That would never happen, so this is kind of a moot point.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 16, 2007, 06:04 PM
Well, that would depend on who it would be sold too. If it was sold to something like Square Cnix, or Team Ninja. I probably wouldn't mind too much.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2007, 06:05 PM
Team Ninja would be sweet. However, Karen would be upgraded.. XD
I'd think if somebody good did this the changes would be far better.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-10-16 16:05, ShinMaruku wrote:
However, Karen would be upgraded.. XD

I wonder what would happen with maya o_o

Anduril
Oct 16, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-10-16 16:15, chuck_norris wrote:

We can assume that Maya will be in a strange area of lowered gravity if Team Ninja gets their hands on her.

Helly
Oct 16, 2007, 06:23 PM
They should farm it out to CyberConnect2 @_@

That way instead of summoning my SUV I could summon my Avatar!

Come on... come on... I'm right here! Gorrrrrrrrrrrreeeeee!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helly on 2007-10-16 16:37 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Oct 16, 2007, 06:26 PM
....."famred"?

If by chance you meant "Farmed" I say a Super Phantasy Star Universe starring Ethans Long lost twin, Mario Waber. Jump, spit fireballs, and use yoshi Lungas to battle your way to The Dark Bowserfalz, to save the Princess!

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-10-16 16:15, chuck_norris wrote:

Maya would meet TI's version of Physics of course.

Pillan
Oct 16, 2007, 06:38 PM
Sonic's in Smash Brothers and Sonic Team is making a Sonic vs. Mario game. They've become too unpredictable to rule something like that out...

But, then again, PSO/U is Sonic Team's cash cow... When they bankrupt, maybe.

amtalx
Oct 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
I would welcome some kind of acquisition. Hopefully someone comes in and fires their entire programming and QA staff. I'm a software analyst by trade and work with a number of game developers. If Sega had ever let me get my hands on this game before release, I would have written enough failing reports to pave a road to the moon.

mizukage
Oct 16, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-10-16 17:00, amtalx wrote:

I'm a software analyst by trade and work with a number of game developers. If Sega had ever let me get my hands on this game before release, I would have written enough failing reports to pave a road to the moon.

Software analyst, that's a good job! In comparison to other similar video games in the rpg category, I actually like the other games a lot more. However, I don't understand the need of failing PSU/AOI though. What's so bad about this game without comparing it to the other video games in the similar rpg genre?

Sinue_v2
Oct 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
There is only one developer that I would want to see the Phantasy Star franchise given to - and that's Overworks (Or WoWWorks). The franchise should have followed the talent behind it, not stuck with the development house. Naka was alright, but he was a programmer on the original series - not a creative designer or writer. And he was barely involved in PSU's development, with Takao Miyoshi calling most of the shots.

Rieko Kodama and Tohru Yoshida have already proven themselves not only capable, but as the very soul of Phantasy Star. Placing the franchise in anyone else's hands would only be detrimental. Although on the downside, it may mean we won't get a Skies of Arcadia 2 for much longer, which we're currently not slated to get it at all so I guess that's a moot point.