PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: NO MORE SCAPE DOLLS!!!

Bman40
Oct 16, 2007, 10:27 PM
Phantasy star universe announced that the death penalty for dying without a scape doll are being removed, however if you die and return to the lobby you will still be penilized, but if you are revived with a moon atomizer or Gi-Resta you will not be penilized!

Zorafim
Oct 16, 2007, 10:29 PM
Rejoice, for the coming of the money saver has come.

Kamiense
Oct 16, 2007, 10:29 PM
That won't change 360's elitism. You'll still be kicked probably for dying.

pikachief
Oct 16, 2007, 10:30 PM
WHOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayz ^.^

Bman40
lol

Bman40
i dont think so, i think they wont care anymore if it dosnt penilize you

Dragwind
Oct 16, 2007, 10:32 PM
Have fun, enjoy.

Bman40
Oct 16, 2007, 10:40 PM
Phantasystaruniverse.com announced that there will be no more death penalty for dying without a scape, as long as you dont return to the lobby!!

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 16, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-10-16 20:30, Bman40 wrote:
i dont think so, i think they wont care anymore if it dosnt penilize you

You'd be surprised. Chances are, there will be a great deal of players that are so set in their ways of kicking people who die, that they won't even be aware of the change for weeks to come. You'd be surprised at how quickly some people will kick you.

Bman40
Oct 16, 2007, 10:43 PM
ya i know but im saying in the long term people will hopefully learn not to boot for deaths anymore

Bman40
Oct 16, 2007, 10:54 PM
"the dark age has ended and a new day will come when parties will be more friendly"

R2R_Crysaki
Oct 16, 2007, 11:15 PM
at least we dont have to buy scapes for every damn run

omegapirate2k
Oct 16, 2007, 11:27 PM
Meh, fuck randoms I say.

They can go to hell.

StanleyPain
Oct 16, 2007, 11:51 PM
Dude, who even cares about the money....now if I accidentally forget to get Scapes, I won't get weird, beardy, geeky lectures when I'm hit with a death spell from people with considerably too much free time on their hands.

Authenticate
Oct 17, 2007, 12:21 AM
I never died that much in the first place, so this doesn't mean much to me. I'm just glad NPCs dieing won't mean instant rank down. I like having the extra pocket DPS around. I usually have 4-5 scapes on me anyway just so I can hop back into the action like I did in PSO.

Powder Keg
Oct 17, 2007, 12:33 AM
Glad you hear you're finally getting it.

frosty003
Oct 17, 2007, 01:56 AM
woohoo!!! i can now run around scapeless on 360!!! Tis a happy day!

CyarVictor
Oct 17, 2007, 03:56 AM
Are you serious... money saver?! Really not hard to make meseta with these new runs plus the fact many of the missions have been nerfed to hell and back. Wow. Honestly if you have rely on someone else, pretty much shows of a team player you are. I wish it only applied to pms and npcs. Sigh. Bad enough people can't use a trimate when they're about to die and wait for the techer to do all the work for em. And now they're gonna rely on someone else to res them. I can understand losing scapes and then using a moon, but to walk into a mission without at least a few and to die is a whole another story. On I know plenty who will revive your sorry ass for dying without a scape and then give you the boot. I would do the same. How'd you like it if someone came into your party, kept dying, and you had to use moons/giresta constantly? Bet you wouldn't like it at all. Feels like people are getting even more lazy.

I may be an ass for saying that, but seriously this game has become even easier. Do a few True Darkness B through S missions and you'll have a few hundred-thousand in matter of time.

physic
Oct 17, 2007, 04:43 AM
there it goes, pointless elitism. spend 5k instead of 500, but because it makes me feel good

F-Gattaca
Oct 17, 2007, 05:27 AM
Huh ... nope, this thread didn't beat the record. 16 posts before a "psu iz ez mode nao"/anti-scape nerf rant.

*ahem* COUNTER!

Since I started from the PSO:BB days, all I can do is laugh bitterly at the hardkorr people who flail their arms in the face of the scape nerf, screaming how carebear the game is and trying to assert their belief that people who die without scapes are not team players even when all they need to do is use a freaking Moon Atomizer to save rank now.

Think about that for a second. A team player is someone who willingly works in cooperation with others to achieve a goal, right? The hardkorr players got away with accusations of not being team players before the scape nerf simply because there was no other way to save rank on death.

They can do that no longer. Now, if a hardkorr player insists on being enough of an ass to boot someone who dies without a scape, they should be the ones to face the music about not being a team player--because if they really were all about working with others, they should have no problems using a Moon or Moon X on their fallen teammate and keeping them around. Most people are not walking targets who will soak up a full stack of atomizers.

Seriously ... making Scapes buyable in the first place proved to be a horrible mistake given how it's affected the PSU community. I know that before the scape nerf on PC/PS2, I missed the days when having scapes was seen as a lucky luxury rather than something that must be carried in a full stack of 10 lest others view you as a worthless player not worth his salt ... no matter how much of a team player you may or may not be.

Rashiid
Oct 17, 2007, 06:27 AM
i will still make sure i have 10 scapes on me b4 the start of every mission

its 5k jesus - your poor if it effects you.

lethe
Oct 17, 2007, 06:30 AM
I guess im poor then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

F-Gattaca
Oct 17, 2007, 06:39 AM
On 2007-10-17 04:27, Rashiid wrote:
i will still make sure i have 10 scapes on me b4 the start of every mission

its 5k jesus - your poor if it effects you.

In a world where people expect you to use scapes and will kick you if you get KOed, three knockouts will negate your pay for completing True Darkness A on S-rank.

Considering how easy it is to take a dirtnap in that mission I think that says a lot. My off-main Raul had a hard time making money due to this until I was able to find some random parties that didn't want people using scapes.

Soulvayne
Oct 17, 2007, 06:55 AM
yeah they actually announced this a couple months ago, however it wasn't implemented on the 360 until this coming Thursday.

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 17, 2007, 06:56 AM
On 2007-10-16 21:51, StanleyPain wrote:
Dude, who even cares about the money....now if I accidentally forget to get Scapes, I won't get weird, beardy, geeky lectures when I'm hit with a death spell from people with considerably too much free time on their hands.

LOTFLMFAO, so true...

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
It's like I'm...seeing double...

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 07:44 AM
You bring scapes, I'll bring moons. Deal?

This is what I was affraid of...

Bman40
Oct 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
but this is going to encourage people to do harder missions like desert golith S2 and true darkness S2 a lot more

BLADE_EDGE
Oct 17, 2007, 08:46 AM
WOOOT NO MORE DEATH PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!
jus make sure you guys tell all your parties aka "spread the word" so we dont have those @sswholes who kick for every death in a heartbeat

Iduno
Oct 17, 2007, 09:41 AM
A word to the "elite" surely a team would all carry moons instead of scapes because it would save the whole team money so its more working as a team rather then 6 people with scapes who just happen to be in the same mission yelling at eachother when they die?

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 09:42 AM
On 2007-10-17 06:40, Bman40 wrote:
but this is going to encourage people to do harder missions like desert golith S2 and true darkness S2 a lot more

You have a Lvl 90 fG, those missions should be cake. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, what I want to avoid is the inevitable jackass thats going to roll into a party and die 20 times and say "Yo, someone moon me" every time. If someone is affraid of a mission to begin with, they probably aren't good enough to do it. Just because dying is consequence free now, doesn't make it any less of a burden on a team to moon someone every 5 minutes.

Iduno
Oct 17, 2007, 09:49 AM
but then again they may just happen to be the person who moons you when you die (actually that could be a usefull advertisement to get into partys "I suck but got moons!" ) (btw.I dont mean I suck its just an example)

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 09:54 AM
I will continue to carry scapes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fresh
Oct 17, 2007, 09:54 AM
Ok for those who are on here crying..... I'm a fortetecher and love being one it isn't going to really hurt using my giresta to revive people i cast it before my buffs anyways because of the auto recovery lvl 3 that it does. I don't see whats wrong with this I mean instead of doing a 2 man suicide run on the HIVE looking for Sranks and spending all your time recharging and going to the lobby and running all the way back to where you died, you will now actually get some money back at the end of the run if you don't find any S Ranks and it helps lvl the PA.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

5k or 500 meseta recharge? what seems better
5k or 3.5k for 10 moons? what seems better
I mean come on you get to save some money.... I'm sure there will be plenty of ignorant people that go to the lobby just to piss people off so you still will have an excuse for those of you who love to boot people that forget scapes i mean yes it makes me mad too but who really cares they can have a bad name eventually they wont be invited into parties thats what the blacklist is for!!!

thebummers
Oct 17, 2007, 09:57 AM
Wow at all the lazy, cheap players of this game. ALWAYS carry a few scapes unless your toon is like level 4. That's it. Yes scape dolls are expensive. But with the rewards on True Darkness and the upcoming expansion increase in meseta drops, you have no excuse and can afford it. I am not going to waste MY time losing some xp going over to moon atom your sorry ass 10 times a run. I will leave you dead and risk MP loss so you learn how to play, learn what rank you should be doing, and learn how to be more considerate of other player's time. Hold your own.

Fresh
Oct 17, 2007, 10:00 AM
On 2007-10-17 07:42, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-10-17 06:40, Bman40 wrote:

You have a Lvl 90 fG, those missions should be cake. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, what I want to avoid is the inevitable jackass thats going to roll into a party and die 20 times and say "Yo, someone moon me" every time. If someone is affraid of a mission to begin with, they probably aren't good enough to do it. Just because dying is consequence free now, doesn't make it any less of a burden on a team to moon someone every 5 minutes.

Can i please ask who the hell you party with that you have to moon people 20 times? I'm sure your seems you never s rank any mission......

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
I'm trying to AVOID that type of person. And for the record yes, I have had people roll into a party I was in, burn through 7 or so scapes, and continue to die when they got to the boss. I don't party with randoms much, but when I do, it can be disaterous. Do you think that Cannon Fodder Guy #1 is going to care if he dies now since it won't be costing him 5k? My magic 8-ball says no.

But...I could just have bad luck. Who knows?

Fresh
Oct 17, 2007, 10:13 AM
well im fine with people dying the broke little people can now save there money and i can lvl my PA but if they go to the lobby i will be more than happy to go into my leader rights and boot them. Or...... If i have to use a whole rod on one person then they will get the boot also thats just stupid and annoying

thebummers
Oct 17, 2007, 10:15 AM
Since True Darkness became the bombzorz for leveling/MPing alts I have actually run into a couple players who actually have shortcuts made to tell the rest of us they died again and need to be moon atomed. Sad and true. And yeah, dying on Megids or Dulk multiple times is not uncommon from what I have seen.

pikachief
Oct 17, 2007, 10:52 AM
i did trudarkness S2 once.... I brought 9 scape dolls everyone else brought 4-5.

I brought the scape dolls because i knew other people would die.

I ended up having to lend people 7 of my scape dolls because everyone was dying too much.

Except for one guy..... he kept very quiet so no one knew he was out of scapes and lost the S rank literally less than 20 seconds before teh boss died >.>

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 17, 2007, 11:44 AM
If someone is dying a lot I think of it as a few things, it can be anything from them sucking(at the worst) and genuinely one of those horrible players. If you get someone who whines and you're leader bewt them.

I have a friend who dies a lot but that's because the bosses have it out for him...Serious, he got triple-Foie'd in the second block of TD, it was so awesomely painful to watch, I also mooned him a few times when Fakis was about to do that supernova attack. >_>(his reaction was worth every moon).

I play on PSU-Ps2 and I like the patch, y'all can mess around with your dead friends when they begin to whine 'til they say please. XD

Ancient
Oct 17, 2007, 12:27 PM
Seriously, I don't know what the whining is about. This isnt NERFing scapedolls, this is de-NERFing Moons and res spells. Scapedolls were always the preffered means of cheating death on PSO,but having moons or reverser(PSO) was the main way to res people, and it was a good system.
I've never used a moon in PSU, and frankly I'll be happy to once this comes out. And why all the hypothetical whining about people who would die a bazzilion times a mission? Can't you just kick them after they die a bunch just like you used to kick them after they died once, before the patch?

Sharkyland
Oct 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'd stay there is still a use for scape dolls we just won't see them until later on. Now everyone has to carry Moon Atomizer and Moon Atomizer X or have the force cast their expensive giresta.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2007, 02:04 PM
Party name: No moons = boot

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:04, Zorafim wrote:
Party name: No moons = boot

Zorafim in '08

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2007, 02:08 PM
Erm, PS2er here >.>

BLADE_EDGE
Oct 17, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-10-17 07:41, Iduno wrote:
A word to the "elite" surely a team would all carry moons instead of scapes because it would save the whole team money so its more working as a team rather then 6 people with scapes who just happen to be in the same mission yelling at eachother when they die?

like i said, just spread the word about this update cuz some "eleites" dont eat or sleep all they do is play psu so let them know that thier way of life has been made esier and they can now take a drink of water every now and then

-Tidus_415-
Oct 17, 2007, 02:28 PM
Im never going to carry scape dolls again. If I find one. Ok great but going out and buy some? Lol..yea right. 5K each time adds up to a lot. Don't like it? Buy my scape dolls for me then. Yes im cheap as hell but ill always carry 10 moons with me.

Miyuki-chan
Oct 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
I'm all for this patch coming to us on 360. I pretty much always carry 10 scapes even though I'm pretty much poor by all standards. I find it funny that I pretty much always have a stack of 10 Moons as well, even though before this patch they're considered to be pretty much useless since having to use one means that the mission rank is already ruined... I've always disliked this and wondered why we'd have such a useless item (with Moon X being worse...).

This is one of the best things yet! Promoting teamwork is a good thing, as is making these previously not-very-usefull items have actual usefull value.

Too bad 360 didnt get this sooner... damn ST and MS to hell for slacking on this for so long! ;p

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:11, BLADE_EDGE wrote:

On 2007-10-17 07:41, Iduno wrote:

like i said, just spread the word about this update cuz some "eleites" dont eat or sleep all they do is play psu so let them know that thier way of life has been made esier and they can now take a drink of water every now and then

No! Carry moons AND scapes. The 5 seconds it takes for me to come moon your ass drops party DPS by thousands, tens of thousands depending on the PA. Die 5 or 6 times and it really starts to become a burden. Besides, you should be avoiding death to begin with...

Darkly
Oct 17, 2007, 04:21 PM
If i pick up scapes i will keep them, but like many others I'm definately not buying anymore.

I also understand Amtalx that when you die you will lose out on DPS. But financially you are much better off. My way of thinking is, if average time per run may decrease, but average profit increases much more - I think its a worthy trade-off.

But I agree that one side-effect may be lazy players, Relying on everyone else constantly would be much of an annoyance when taken to extremes. However i think the majority of players will still try to stay alive as much as possible.

OldCoot
Oct 17, 2007, 04:23 PM
I think the kicking will go down because you can now save the rank. But, I doubt that if a player keeps dying a lot, that the PL will want to keep them around. I think the next step for some players is to now go without mates also (Some already do) because it will save them even more meseta for pallet building exercises!

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to hear about this and this change should have already happened a while ago. I just don't want it to become a fulltime job of reviving players who are not ready for a mission, either with a bad armor selection or just not playing well.

_Wolf_
Oct 17, 2007, 04:24 PM
I GOTS MAH MOONIES FIRED UP COME ON WHO WANTS TO DIE ILL REVIVE YOU W00T COME ON AND DIE ALREADY!

McLaughlin
Oct 17, 2007, 05:09 PM
The irony here is that the "Scapes or I'll still boot," assholes think they're being team players, when in actuality, would a team player not brings Moon Atomizers?

I don't have to put up with randoms, so it's really no concern of mine.

Reipard
Oct 17, 2007, 06:31 PM
This thread reminds me why I gave up on the argument last time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Bman40
Oct 17, 2007, 08:02 PM
ya i dont die much but when i do die without a scape its gonna be good to know that it wont hurt the mission rank anymore

Anduril
Oct 17, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm going to carry one or two, just incase of Megid Storms. Plus I want to make use of my Giresta, so I want to be alive to use it.

Honey_Bot
Oct 17, 2007, 09:40 PM
now people really will give half a sh!t towards the game more people running around saying there isn't enough in the game this is not good well maybe for the lvl 100 noob

Sekani
Oct 17, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-10-17 14:12, amtalx wrote:
The 5 seconds it takes for me to come moon your ass drops party DPS by thousands, tens of thousands depending on the PA. Die 5 or 6 times and it really starts to become a burden. Besides, you should be avoiding death to begin with...

DPS is serious business *facepalm*