PDA

View Full Version : Rappies and the 1Up Platinum Cup: Are you kidding me?!

Googlebonker
Oct 17, 2007, 03:20 AM
We're getting the 1Up Platinum cup! Yay! I'm glad that the non-Japanese servers are getting an event in the first place. Don't get me wrong,...

but what's up with this Halloween stuff?! I know it's that time of year, and the online Phantasy Star games have both usually observed Halloween, but why, during an event where you have to collect Rappy Feathers to trade for certain items AND that seems to be on an abbrviated schedule compared to the Famitsu Cup?!

With the amount of Rappy Feathers I want to get to trade for items, I'd really rather not sift my way through repetitive Halloween drops to get to them.

Not only that, but what about Giga / Skill PP Save? Will that not be included as one of the rares we have a 5x chance of getting in EX Missions?

Will the event missions have regular Rappies? Will the trade rates for certain items be reduced? Will Giga / Skill PP Save drop from anything but normal Rappies?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Googlebonker on 2007-10-17 01:53 ]</font>

Kuruda
Oct 17, 2007, 03:30 AM
This has been said beforw on this very forum;
This shouldn't be that big a deal.

Everytime i've ever killed any event rappies I always got feathers or money instead of whatever the evet drops were. Same with Jaos, I usually got nothing but delma and money while looking for my Ank Bico & Fireworks. So as far as feathers go, I think they'll be plenty to go around.

As for the unit..... idk. You might very well be SOL on that one.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 17, 2007, 05:12 AM
Feathers are a special drop from all rappies.

the latter, idk...do Duel In The Ruins? >.>'

RedMussel
Oct 17, 2007, 05:18 AM
so basicly what your saying is halloweens going to last for 4 weeks on psu >_>

Nyreal
Oct 17, 2007, 05:20 AM
From what I've learned about Sega on PSO, they'll give us the event late and extend it for awhile. No big loss.

Honestly, I don't care what they do. Give me 1-Up and AoI.

Zarbolord
Oct 17, 2007, 05:27 AM
The skill PP saves won't drop from rappies, and furthermore I don't see why you'd want to hunt a rappy for its feathers, as when you S rank an EX mission you'll receive an abundant amount of feathers (was it 10 for S rank on C?). Anyway only look for rappies for the deco and the other event drops.

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2007, 06:21 AM
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww?

Googlebonker
Oct 17, 2007, 06:58 AM
On 2007-10-17 03:27, Zarbolord wrote:
The skill PP saves won't drop from rappies, and furthermore I don't see why you'd want to hunt a rappy for its feathers, as when you S rank an EX mission you'll receive an abundant amount of feathers (was it 10 for S rank on C?). Anyway only look for rappies for the deco and the other event drops.

No, from what I read, you can get 10 when you complete all the event missions on a single difficulty for up to 30 Feathers per character. If you don't have four characters LV50 or above, you can't get the 120 possible if you did have four chars LV50 or above.

Maybe I should tell how many Rappy Feathers I'm wanting.
If Bikini Swimwear comes in 5 designs for each gender of Humans, Newmans, and Beasts (who, as long as they're the same gender, can wear the same Bikini Swimwear, but not at the same time) and only one is needed for each gender of CAST, and if the traderates are the same as in the Famitsu Cup, that's 180 Rappy Feathers. Apply those parameters for Formalwear, and that's 300. Add 55 more for a Rabol Rappy and a Rappy Mode. I have four Rappy Feathers atm, so atm I'm wanting 531 more Rappy Feathers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Googlebonker on 2007-10-17 05:10 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Oct 17, 2007, 07:20 AM
Thats a LOT of feathers....all those poor naked rappies....;_;

Mr_Confused
Oct 17, 2007, 07:26 AM
i saw a video from famitsu and at the end of a mission it said that they recieved thirty rappy feathers. i remember reading that you get thirty feathers for each A S rank, i think rappy feathers arent really supposed to be that hard to get during the event.

TranceZiggy
Oct 17, 2007, 07:36 AM
30 Feathers for completing S rank, on A. Rappy Feathers will be as easy to get as Ban-photons were in FB, don't stress lol.

Neoptolemus
Oct 17, 2007, 07:45 AM
On 2007-10-17 05:36, TranceZiggy wrote:
30 Feathers for completing S rank, on A. Rappy Feathers will be as easy to get as Ban-photons were in FB, don't stress lol.

Not only that, but the Halloween rappies aren't going to stay around for the entire time of the event. They'll probably only be around until Nov. 1st (the first Thursday after Halloween), or Nov. 8th at the very latest. Japan had the same issue with the Jaggos during their last two weeks of the event were the Sonic ones. To the best of my knowledge, they never got the regular ones.

Xtian913
Oct 17, 2007, 08:41 AM
As long as I can snag myself a Halloween rod, just for the novelty, I'll be happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Googlebonker
Oct 17, 2007, 09:07 AM
30 Feathers for every A-rank S result? If that's the case, Rappy Feathers will be extremely easy to come by for me. (Yay!)

Kion
Oct 17, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hallowen rappies with the event are going to be pretty cool. i wouldn't cry over not getting one item when we're getting the famitsu cup (finally). it's one item, you'll still live. besides, it's going to be great being able to easily hunt for special halloween drops from rappies. and jaggo's should be the same, which means us rangers can still get our bullet save (HEL YEH).

on the update it looks like we're getting parum and moatoob at the same time, so it might be two weeks wth two missions, update : take off halloween and switch to neudaiz and colony. guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Sulfura
Oct 17, 2007, 11:15 AM
of course , impossible to get giga skill pp save during the cup.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fresh
Oct 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
On 2007-10-17 04:58, Googlebonker wrote:

On 2007-10-17 03:27, Zarbolord wrote:

No, from what I read, you can get 10 when you complete all the event missions on a single difficulty for up to 30 Feathers per character. If you don't have four characters LV50 or above, you can't get the 120 possible if you did have four chars LV50 or above.

Maybe I should tell how many Rappy Feathers I'm wanting.
If Bikini Swimwear comes in 5 designs for each gender of Humans, Newmans, and Beasts (who, as long as they're the same gender, can wear the same Bikini Swimwear, but not at the same time) and only one is needed for each gender of CAST, and if the traderates are the same as in the Famitsu Cup, that's 180 Rappy Feathers. Apply those parameters for Formalwear, and that's 300. Add 55 more for a Rabol Rappy and a Rappy Mode. I have four Rappy Feathers atm, so atm I'm wanting 531 more Rappy Feathers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Googlebonker on 2007-10-17 05:10 ]</font>

You just sound greedy as hell.... You need to find something to do with your life other than play psu! ITS A GAME!!!

OldCoot
Oct 17, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-10-17 09:15, Sulfura wrote:

Why. Can't a person go out and grind a non event mission and find high level Rappies there and hope to get a save?

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-10-17 09:30, OldCoot wrote:

On 2007-10-17 09:15, Sulfura wrote:

Why. Can't a person go out and grind a non event mission and find high level Rappies there and hope to get a save?

Nope, because ALL the Rappies whilst the theme is up will become Hallo-Rappies

Lyrise
Oct 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
There's a bit of misinformation here, so I'll clear it up, with a supposed possibility.

- Feathers shouldn't be that hard to find, if anything you should be seeing Rappies at a 1:7 encounter rate.

- You get 30 feathers for each set of missions you get max score per rank. What this means is you clear all 4 of the missions on C with a 10 per mission. Maximum score is 40, so if you get a 40 on C rank, you get 30 feathers. Repeat on B and A for another 30 feathers. So every character has the potential to get 90 feathers for free.

-If you're thinking of farming feathers through that bonus by rerolling charactersand getting the 40 points on C, you might want to rethink it. Moatoob and GColony have what might be the most annoying trials ever concieved; Due to what's actually in those missions, even on C its not easy to score a 10 (You need great teamwork for Moatoob, and absurd amount of luck to drive home an event that has 1/16 chance in happening in order to get a 10 for GColony.)

- The rappies in each of the trials should be fixed, due to the way the Japanese event was handled. It should be a normal rappy no matter where you are or the time it is. Even on Moatoob, home of the Jaggos, you will see rappies but you won't find a jaggo, since the server controls what's going to be in there. Even if all the rappies do turn into Latans, with it being so close to expansion, I don't think skillsave will see much use time anyway.

The supposed possibility: The Japanese crossreview coincided with Sonic's Birthday. As a result, people were left wondering if they should keep running it or hunt the Jaggo Sonichis. ST decided to solve that problem by stuffing the little guys into the bonus missions, but practically took out the rappies when it happened. What my inference is, is that for the US servers, you will more than likely see Rappy Latans in your bonus missions. However, this means you won'tbe able to see a normal one in there so it might be a little harder for you to find a skillsave, in comparison to the Japanese servers.

Midicronica
Oct 17, 2007, 02:23 PM
Ahh, I can see it now. Hey, look Halloween Rappies! *BOOT* Well, I won't have to worry about it. There's no way I'm partying with randoms during this event.

RegulusHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know what Hallow Rappies drop at LV 80+/100+? Back when JP had them, they were very low level. It's quite possible that instead of Skill Saves, we'll see something much better (ala Halp and Kohibumiteri).

Fresh
Oct 17, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:34, RegulusHikari wrote:
Does anyone know what Hallow Rappies drop at LV 80+/100+? Back when JP had them, they were very low level. It's quite possible that instead of Skill Saves, we'll see something much better (ala Halp and Kohibumiteri).

the only thing they drop is the room deco and the pumpkin head 3* rod

RegulusHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:44, Fresh wrote:

Confirmed? If so, that's surprising. Each event rare spawn has a special drop (BT Lovers, Christmas Tree, Kitty Claws, etc) at all levels and a special drop at 80+(?) (Halp, Bear Claws, etc). I would assume Hallows follow the same pattern, but I could very well be wrong.

imfanboy
Oct 17, 2007, 06:15 PM

Last year this time, the JP side didn't have any 50+ rappies, let alone 80+. All they got was the deco and the rod because that's all there was to get.

We'll find out what they drop come Thursday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-10-17 16:18 ]</font>

Phetty
Oct 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:50, RegulusHikari wrote:

Confirmed? If so, that's surprising. Each event rare spawn has a special drop (BT Lovers, Christmas Tree, Kitty Claws, etc) at all levels and a special drop at 80+(?) (Halp, Bear Claws, etc). I would assume Hallows follow the same pattern, but I could very well be wrong.

PSUPedia had it posted up as their only drops, but it isn't reliable as at that time nobody knew 80+ Event Rappies had special drops. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rare unit, or possibly the candy longswords. They would at least make sense in this event, but it's Sega.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 06:35 PM
I wonder if there will be some kind of candy Swords. That would be pretty neat, I think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Maybe it's just wishful thinking though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

JinxoOrougeOo
Oct 17, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-10-17 05:36, TranceZiggy wrote:

loll yeah some1 needs to relax a little and try 2 enjoi the game instead of worryin about gettin everything

Freshellent
Oct 17, 2007, 06:42 PM
What about those Fists that look like Drills,is there a chance of those dropping? Or am I totally off base with that?

JinxoOrougeOo
Oct 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

let it be know that hallow rappies r not special rappies for 1up they r the halloween rappies we knew that actes would drop the bico y wouldnt we know what the hallows are gonna drop i could see how people would get that mixed though it took me some time

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 06:55 PM
Well..I don't want to play the role of Captain Obvious here, but...

I say, honestly..all we can do is wait. We won't know what they drop and such till they actually appear, and people start killing them, then post about their findings.

nooblet
Oct 17, 2007, 07:14 PM
as for the skill save unit, when aoi rolls around next month it will become obsolete. I wouldnt stress too bad about it.

Wallin
Oct 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-10-17 11:59, Lyrise wrote:
There's a bit of misinformation here, so I'll clear it up, with a supposed possibility.

- Feathers shouldn't be that hard to find, if anything you should be seeing Rappies at a 1:7 encounter rate.

- You get 30 feathers for each set of missions you get max score per rank. What this means is you clear all 4 of the missions on C with a 10 per mission. Maximum score is 40, so if you get a 40 on C rank, you get 30 feathers. Repeat on B and A for another 30 feathers. So every character has the potential to get 90 feathers for free.

-If you're thinking of farming feathers through that bonus by rerolling charactersand getting the 40 points on C, you might want to rethink it. Moatoob and GColony have what might be the most annoying trials ever concieved; Due to what's actually in those missions, even on C its not easy to score a 10 (You need great teamwork for Moatoob, and absurd amount of luck to drive home an event that has 1/16 chance in happening in order to get a 10 for GColony.)

- The rappies in each of the trials should be fixed, due to the way the Japanese event was handled. It should be a normal rappy no matter where you are or the time it is. Even on Moatoob, home of the Jaggos, you will see rappies but you won't find a jaggo, since the server controls what's going to be in there. Even if all the rappies do turn into Latans, with it being so close to expansion, I don't think skillsave will see much use time anyway.

The supposed possibility: The Japanese crossreview coincided with Sonic's Birthday. As a result, people were left wondering if they should keep running it or hunt the Jaggo Sonichis. ST decided to solve that problem by stuffing the little guys into the bonus missions, but practically took out the rappies when it happened. What my inference is, is that for the US servers, you will more than likely see Rappy Latans in your bonus missions. However, this means you won'tbe able to see a normal one in there so it might be a little harder for you to find a skillsave, in comparison to the Japanese servers.

That sucks, I need at least 400 feathers. Thanks again Sega for nerfing the duration of the event.

imfanboy
Oct 17, 2007, 11:16 PM
People can complain about ANYTHING. *eyeroll*

pikachief
Oct 18, 2007, 05:05 AM
On 2007-10-17 21:16, imfanboy wrote:
People can complain about ANYTHING. *eyeroll*

yup like the whole leaderboards and song of detah thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif u bring that up while your in a mission with me and i can complain for a good half an hour about it XD

Dragwind
Oct 18, 2007, 05:39 AM
You could always trade the tons of feathers in the future for a skill save XD (j/k)