PDA

View Full Version : Population?

-Serka-
Oct 17, 2007, 04:07 AM
I am a tad confused when it comes to the population in PSU both 360/PC/PS2, When I first purchesed my PSU I got it for the PS2, then the PC.. While I played on the PS2/PC the population was pretty nice, usally Uni1 would get filled up and the rest would leak into Uni2, but then I heard about people hacking in the PC/PS2 Version, So I decided to switch to the 360 version.

The 360 was pretty much the same as the PC/PS2 Population Uni1/Uni2 would get filled up. But recently (10/12/07) my 360 took a sh!t and can no longer read my CDs. So now I get back into the PC/PS2 version and to my suprise I see that Not one single person is in Uni1, and Uni2 had 1 filled star, Has the population of the PC/PS2 really collapsed that much!?

-I also had a concern about why they have so man Universes when Uni1 and Uni2 BARELY get filled up... I seriously only think PSU requires probaly 4-6 Universes at the most.

-Ryuki-
Oct 17, 2007, 04:12 AM
The population on PC/PS2 is dwindling. So far, the most stars we've had, even with the 1-up cup coming, is three. We had 3.5 stars filled once or twice, but that was it. Hopefully though, when 1-up IS here, we get our 5 stars back.

Nyreal
Oct 17, 2007, 04:24 AM
I hope so. Otherwise, it might die an early death. That or we'll merge with the Japanese players. >_>;

-Ryuki-
Oct 17, 2007, 04:37 AM
If we merged with the Japanese players, that could be a hit or miss. It was fine with FFXI, but.. PSU?

Nyreal
Oct 17, 2007, 04:39 AM
It worked well on PSO. Most of the time, people don't need to speak during a mission. I think it'd go over well.

-Ryuki-
Oct 17, 2007, 04:47 AM
Since I joined JP servers, I've only played with PSOW members, so I really don't know how it'd go.

-Serka-
Oct 17, 2007, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I seriously doubt the playin with the JP will couse much a diffrent, I would actuelly enjoy that more then sitting here with Uni2 having 2-3 stars every day lol

Tuxedose
Oct 17, 2007, 05:33 AM
I have seen 4 stars as most latley.

susaru7
Oct 17, 2007, 05:37 AM
you can forget ever having jp pc/ps2 joing with na. Cause the developer already said that never happening.

Zarbolord
Oct 17, 2007, 05:38 AM
Its gone up to 5 stars but that's cos I always fill one whole star by myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-Gattaca
Oct 17, 2007, 05:44 AM
Well ... I hadn't played PSO back in the olden days of Dreamcast, but given what I've heard from vets of those days, I think it might be safe to say that the Japanese PC/PS2 gamers will not tolerate a merger.

From what I've heard, it was the Japanese gamers who lobbied for a segregation of servers back in the PSO days, due to the perception that Western gamers were the worst hackers/exploiters/ill-mannered folk. They got what they wanted, and after that, Sega's management left the non-Japanese portion of PSO to rot.

And if I've remember what I heard from the PSU expats who play on JP PC/PS2 correctly, the Japanese version of PSU has more security measures to keep bad boys out--like keys and the like, which were not used on the international release ... I remember one of you guys saying SoA did that directly because they discreetly wanted the game passed around so that more people would go online, potentially ... I think that's a fair statement, but it does make it easier for the black hats to get back in the game as well. This security dispairty would only reinforce whatever negative stereotypes Japanese gamers have about the rest of us since the black hats would be harder to nail down as compared to the Japanese ones--especially if they're really determined.

Freshellent
Oct 17, 2007, 05:59 AM
I just left the best random party I've had in a long time.

True Darkness...B Rank. ( lvling the PT there. )

Good effort,nice people,I got to blow stuff up. No scapes,no whiners.

Mix of brand new 4k ID's and some 1k's.

It was great,personally,I think there is hope for the future.

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2007, 06:18 AM
Let's remember two things about the current population.

1) People are taking a break until 7up Cup.
2) People are taking a break until Ambition of Illuminus.

Once those two go live, I have faith that our population will be restored.

TranceZiggy
Oct 17, 2007, 07:48 AM
On 2007-10-17 04:18, Typheros wrote:
Let's remember two things about the current population.

1) People are taking a break until 7up Cup.
2) People are taking a break until Ambition of Illuminus.

Once those two go live, I have faith that our population will be restored.

Exactly.

And, I believe one of the original questions in this thread, was why most people were on Uni2..

Well, iirc, Uni1 used to always crash, so people just moved to Uni2 and ended up staying there.. And it's been that way ever since lol.

-Xios-
Oct 17, 2007, 08:09 AM
Psshh I hope the population starts to rise T_T I mean when AoI comes out!
More People = More Fun!

Tsundere
Oct 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
I hope with the "flood" of new/returning players we don't see a return of the hacking sprees. I'd rather have a small community of "legit" players, then have to deal with a bunch of hackers trying to make a name for themselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsundere on 2007-10-17 12:01 ]</font>