PDA

View Full Version : SUV: rate of charges?

chibiLegolas
Oct 17, 2007, 02:37 PM
Has anyone experiment the different rates (if any) on how to build up SUV charges?

I've only assumed that it's when you get hit and when you connect a hit on enemies, like in PSO days.
But I could be wrong.

Is there an increase of SUV charge when you crit? Are there different amounts depending on how much damage you deal or receive?

Or is it like leveling bullets? You get the same amount as long as you get a hit in per enemy? If so, I was wondering if whips on casts might be a fast SUV charging weapon, since it's not primarily for damage. But it hits a LOT of enemies in each combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-10-17 12:38 ]</font>

Eri_Kasamoto
Oct 17, 2007, 02:47 PM
Higher damage to you/and or to enemies increases SUV charge rate.

High attack rate also affects its charging time

Umberger
Oct 17, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:47, Eri_Kasamoto wrote:

I thought it was just a static "point" for getting hit or hitting something?

RegulusHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-10-17 12:49, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-10-17 12:47, Eri_Kasamoto wrote:

I thought it was just a static "point" for getting hit or hitting something?

Don't think so. Some of Fakis'/Ragnus' stronger hits really give it a boost. Definitely more than a smack from a Polty.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
It's very much based on the amount of damage dealt/received.

amtalx
Oct 17, 2007, 04:22 PM
I think it's also proportional to the damage you do relative to the HP of your target. Example: takes me about 3 minutes to get my SUV on C ranks...not so much on S2. Cracking enemies for 4x their total HP does wonders for your SUV meter.

mvffin
Oct 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
i agree, its either based on damage/hp ratio, or level based, because it charges much faster on C, even though im doing the same damage with my bow. also, it seems to charge more when you get hurt than it does when you hit enemies.

Cerberus1981
Oct 17, 2007, 05:25 PM
Machine guns are your friend.

I recently switched from a fortefighter to a gunner and I find that my machine guns build up my SUV as quick if not quicker than when I was a fortefighter getting smacked about. On S2 labs I can practically see the bar slowly going up all the time I'm firing which is why I usually carry about six Drumlines on my character.

Another trick I do is I put on a weaker armour and let the Pol(whatever they are called) stomp the hell out of me to build up my SUV quicker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-17 15:28 ]</font>

Turambar
Oct 17, 2007, 06:13 PM
It's dependent on damage dealt and damage received. Also, landing the killing blow on an enemy also seems to give you a bonus, as can be seen by the absurdly fast charging rate when you're passing through a C zone at lv 80 one hitting everything.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
As most people have already stated, it is based off the damage dealt or received. During the mission at the Hot Springs, I was often bit during the boss fight and it would instantly build up my SUV gauge, but 99% of the time, I would die, sooo...it wouldn't really matter XD

Point is, it does build up based on the more damage you do and the more damage you take.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

xgp
Oct 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
the new pa for grnads macks it go up fast du to the damg out put

i sill thek the recol maek the bar go up

Theoderic
Oct 17, 2007, 09:03 PM
Damaged received builds it at a constant rate, whereas damage dealt builds it up, but is affected by the Rank of the Mission. Each Mission Rank has a modifier for building up the meter. If you can do the same exact damage on A as you would do on S, you probably would build up twice as much SUV/Nanoblasts on A than on S.

chibiLegolas
Oct 18, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-10-17 19:03, Theoderic wrote:
Damaged received builds it at a constant rate, whereas damage dealt builds it up, but is affected by the Rank of the Mission.
Interesting info everyone. Thanks!
I'm still curious about whips. Not a lot of damage, but a lot of hits in each combo. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on my meter once AoI is released.

And machine guns huh? They deal pretty good damage in a FiG, but not so much on my GT. Guess it's a balance of moderate damage with fast RoF with those that causes fast SUV build up?
But I thought machine guns were the weakest guns out there per bullet, to balance the fast firing rate. Which implies constant stream of hits supercedes big damage #?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-10-18 09:30 ]</font>

BahnKnakyu
Oct 18, 2007, 12:13 PM
From my experience it's based on the PERCENTAGE damage of the enemy's HP that you do. You can verify this by doing a C rank game. You'll do 80-100% of the enemy's HP per hit, and you'll notice your SUV/Nanoblast increase at a MUCH faster rate. Hit up S/S2 and hit the same stuff, and you'll notice you barely budge the bar.

So basically, the more HP an enemy has, the less charge you'll build up.