PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity: AT vs FT (Slot Unit Debate)

Sharkyland
Oct 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
Okay, Acrotecher is definitely equipped with something har/quick maybe?

Which leads me to my next question...
- Can Acrotecher equip a me/quick or another har/quick and have their speed boosted up even higher?
- Or will whatever the Acrotecher is equipped override the unit that is equipped?

I'm just curious.

Fornever
Oct 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
It wont override, I think AT's speed boost comes from recharging from techs faster. I dont even think har quicks boost will slow down at all (being that X% of 100 is larger then X% of, lets say 70). But even if its not, I cant see the unit not working

RegulusHikari
Oct 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
I've just realized something. There's a big difference between a /Quick and an Acro class increase. When you equip a quick unit, casting time decreases, but as AT, rate of casting increases.

What I mean is, the character model itself actually MOVES quicker, you can see it in the video. The quick unit only makes the spell itself cast faster, but your character moves at normal speed.

It's safe to say these two modifiers have different values in the coding and will not overwrite each other. Still, Har / Quick on AT would probably be overkill. The Foie would cast before the wand was swung, and I don't see that happening.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
What RegulusHikari said: a quick unit reduced the start up time to cast a tech. Acro techers go through the animation prcocess about 11% more quickly. 10 casts in the same time it takes any other techer to do 9.

RedCoKid
Oct 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
I read a lot of comments from the beta about how Te / Tech PP Save would be better than a quick on an AT, and I was almost convinced until I read this:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=141833&forum=22&start=210&240#218

Cast time increase applies to weapon animation, not the tech charging, so AT is the fastest casting class.

and this:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=141833&forum=22&start=240&270#263

you will be using quick units until the end of days, I took mine off to see the techspeed with just AT bonus and it was fucking laughable

Soukosa
Oct 17, 2007, 05:34 PM
AT most definately has a built in quick unit like speed increase akin to that of a Mei/Quick or so. If they have a casting animation increase it's very very small. Quick units will stack with the natural boost. I use a Mei/Quick on mine to speed up the slower techs a bit more and overall I find that more useful than using a Tei/Tech PP Save.

Do note that the increase from adding the quick isn't nearly as big as you'd see on the other classes, obviously. A Har/Quick would probably result in such a small increase over a Har it wouldn't likely be worth it it over a Mei.

If you melee alot with the class (like you should be doing), you probably won't feel the need for a PP save unit. Madoogs have decent PP and good PP regen on ATs so you won't have massive PP problems with them. This is coming from one who can spam the hell out of Gi techs (granted only tier 2 ATM) on mobs at times.