PDA

View Full Version : Giving PAs to alts in AOI

Totti
Oct 17, 2007, 10:41 PM
What i mean is, say one character levelling up a tech to 30 and then turning it back into a disk, and then giving it to one of my alts.

Is this possible?

omegapirate2k
Oct 17, 2007, 10:42 PM
Yes.

AerisZeal
Oct 17, 2007, 10:43 PM
Yes... >.> No really, it is.

Mayu
Oct 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
Correct

Para
Oct 17, 2007, 10:45 PM
You can only give the disk to your own characters fyi.

Totti
Oct 17, 2007, 10:47 PM
Woot woot! So im not wasting my time levelling techs!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thx guys.

Totti
Oct 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
Oh, does it retain its level?

Gemel
Oct 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
Yup it keeps the level and percentage that it needs for the next level.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
On 2007-10-17 20:48, Totti wrote:
Oh, does it retain its level?

It wouldn't be very useful if it didn't.

AerisZeal
Oct 17, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-07-21 07:49, EspioKaos wrote:
02-05. Photon art disk conversion
After you've learned a photon art, you have the ability to convert it back into disk form, freeing up space in your learned PAs. When you convert a PA back into a disk, its level will be retained so that if you decide to relearn it later, you'll pick back up where you left off. Just like PA fragment-traded PAs, these converted, leveled PAs cannot be dropped, traded or sold in player shops as they are tied solely to your account. They can be kept only in your personal nanotransformer (inventory), your PM's storage or your room's common box. When in your common box, any character on your account will have access to these leveled PAs as well as the ability to learn them at whatever level the disk is at.

I think that should do it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anduril
Oct 17, 2007, 11:14 PM
Excellent. Now I won't need to buy multiples of the Ultimate PA Bullets. When I want them on certain characters I'll just move them over.
Question: Does the PA conversion cost anything, or is it free?

Nyreal
Oct 17, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'd like to know this, too.

Hopefully, you can just do it from your room, or your character. But we'll see...

Nai_Calus
Oct 17, 2007, 11:42 PM
You look at your learned PAs as usual from the menu. You select a PA with whatever your selection button is, and it asks you if you want to turn it into a disk. You say 'yes', and wham, there it is in your inventory. This works anywhere, and does not cost anything. Then you just have to give it to your alt or tuck it away for the next time you need it if you're unlearning it to make room for something else.

Theoderic
Oct 18, 2007, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know how broken that actually is? If it can be done anywhere, then there really isn't a point to the 36 PA cap. You can essentially swap PAs in and out as you please... NOT cool.

CelestialBlade
Oct 18, 2007, 06:22 AM
On 2007-10-18 04:18, Theoderic wrote:
Does anyone know how broken that actually is? If it can be done anywhere, then there really isn't a point to the 36 PA cap. You can essentially swap PAs in and out as you please... NOT cool.

No, that's similar to how Guild Wars does Skills. You may learn an unlimited amount of Skills, but when you go out into the battlefield, you may only use 8 (or was it 10?) of those at any one time. It's not broken in that you can still only really use 36 skills at once (nobody does that, or at least I don't see how/why you would) but you can always transfer stuff to disks if you play a bunch of different classes on a single character.

Darkly
Oct 18, 2007, 06:27 AM
This is very pleasing! for one it will mean i can give 'hand-me-downs' pa's to my alts. Pa's that i dont use anymore will be given to my alts. Any kind of pa that crosses over - especially bullet pa's can just be swapped around.

I can even speed level pa's for my newer alts and give them the pa's.

Hurray for reduced grind!

RegulusHikari
Oct 18, 2007, 06:31 AM
It's not broken. That term is way too overused.

It doesn't change the way the game mechanics work, you wont see FFs swapping in Resta or WTs swapping in Killer Shot. Unless you use all 36 PAs in a single mission, it doesn't give you much advantage in that respect.

All it does is throw PA customization out the window. WHY there is still a limit, I am not sure.

Kion
Oct 18, 2007, 10:18 AM
this is going to be icredibly usefull for leveling PA's as you can use the complete wrong class to level them. I could use my cast with terrible TP and wrtecher level 1 to level techs before handing them over to my newman alt. or using ungrinded kubara melee weapons on my newman to hit for one damage so super-level skills to transfer to my beast. i am so going to abuse this system ^_^

OldCoot
Oct 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
This will be nice. I can't image going though and leveling techs all over again if I wanted to start a new force. Took long enough to get them to 30.

NosajX7
Oct 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
it's going to be interesting to see someone with every PA lvled up to 40. Of course, that won't be for a long, long time.

chibiLegolas
Oct 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'm all in favor for this new pa system. Mainly cause I'm sure I'll quite if ST makes me relevel all my rifle and/or xbow pa's on an alt.
x-bows on FiG? Like HELL if I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!

McLaughlin
Oct 18, 2007, 11:23 AM
You all think it's broken, but each PA disc takes up space in your inventory. and who's going to swap out every other minute?

Fredrick
Oct 18, 2007, 11:41 AM
So does each character have their own exp for each tech, or is the exp stored on the disk? In other words is it more like PSO where you could have a lv.3 Foie disk, as well as a lv.26?

Because that would be really cool. That would create the option of being able to find / buy different PA levels.

Kamiense
Oct 18, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-10-18 09:41, Fredrick wrote:
So does each character have their own exp for each tech, or is the exp stored on the disk? In other words is it more like PSO where you could have a lv.3 Foie disk, as well as a lv.26?

Because that would be really cool. That would create the option of being able to find / buy different PA levels.

You can't trade or sell used PA disks.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
It DOES mean the 36 limit is no longer makes sense. You can only carry 12 weapons MAX on your palette anyway, and maybe you have several back ups.

Even in the case of techers: 6x4=24, 24 is the max number of PAs you can have on your palette at any one time. And if you, for some reason, have a back up rod/wand+madoog, with a completely different set of techs, that's still only another 4 or 8.

Sega Sillyness

Theoderic
Oct 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't mind having the feature implemented, but I think that I disagree with allowing a player to do so at any given time.

I don't have any melee PAs other than the 3 for Saber. If there happens to be a certain variation of a map that has enemies that are bullet resistant and immune to SEs, I can convert a PA, learn a Spear PA, add a Spear from my inventory to my palette, and stick something to death. The 36 limit is thrown out the window, and palette space becomes less of a restriction as well. We should just be allowed to learn all of the PAs on one character, and be able to convert them into disks, to avoid the "once strategic, now a minor annoyance" task of weapon and PA customization.

I could essentially run around with a few guns I never use, and swap in the PAs of another gun to use it to better handle the situation. No more comparing weapons for certain purposes... I guess people complained too much... We should at the most be able to only convert PAs through a function in our PM, and have them be permanently stored in a "PA only" nanotransformer.

Kimil
Oct 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
Sweeet I guess I wasn't Wasting my time on my alts, I can use their PAs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kietrinia
Oct 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
Am I safe to assume that I can't level an attack PA up to 30 on a Fortefighter and then give it to my Fortetecher and she can then use it as a level 30 attack PA?

It'd be weird seeing that "dropkick" saber PA on a Foretecher..

Rizen
Oct 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-10-18 10:56, Kietrinia wrote:
Am I safe to assume that I can't level an attack PA up to 30 on a Fortefighter and then give it to my Fortetecher and she can then use it as a level 30 attack PA?

It'd be weird seeing that "dropkick" saber PA on a Foretecher..
The PA will be level 30, but Fortetecher has a cap on Skills at 10. So when your Fortetecher has the PA equipped, it will be capped at 10. (If you look in your menu under PAs, you will see 30->10 in blue meaning that the Skill level for that class is capped at 10). It works like this currently.

On a side note, I just did a little small silly test. If you have a PA at lv 1 and you don't train it, you can turn it into a disk and drop/sell it still.

Darkly
Oct 18, 2007, 01:20 PM
You can see it now - a wave of super alts, all with their pa's at 40,class maxed with s-rank weapons to boot. All by level 12...

MSAksion
Oct 18, 2007, 01:26 PM
This makes me feel like leveling up my 2 alts XD

I can take my ranger and force's melee skills and just give them to my fighter classes to make room for more tech or bullets XD

So basically who cares about 36 pa skills - just get every single bullet, tech, and sword skill and turn them into an inventory item any time any place...

MSAksion
Oct 18, 2007, 01:30 PM
This makes me feel like leveling up my 2 alts XD

I can take my ranger and force's melee skills and just give them to my fighter classes to make room for more tech or bullets XD

So basically who cares about 36 pa skills - just get every single bullet, tech, and sword skill and turn them into an inventory item any time any place...

amtalx
Oct 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Just add this to the list of things ST has done to let everyone flip the easy switch. I guess my fG is GT ready now though...just switch over my lvled spells from my techer.

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-10-18 11:32, amtalx wrote:
Just add this to the list of things ST has done to let everyone flip the easy switch.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

All yours.

Rashiid
Oct 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
=O

seriously???

hmmm..

this changes huge plans...

so i could transfer all of Kandii's spells to BulletMaster - and have my caseal Acrotecher!

HAHA SCORE!!

edit : hmm this would make my resta not as resta-y....

but SUVs pwn...

but extra slots are useless then since i gotta use it for SUV....

UGHHHHHHH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-10-18 11:52 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Oct 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-10-18 11:12, Rizen wrote:
On a side note, I just did a little small silly test. If you have a PA at lv 1 and you don't train it, you can turn it into a disk and drop/sell it still.

You're kidding. Wouldn't that mean you could take a disc for an Ultimate PA and sell it, if you kept it at level 1?

landman
Oct 18, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm, I didn't read that part of the faq since previous actualization... I didn't know that, and I also think it is broken, now any of my characters can switch jobs and have full power with them, I'll give my Beast all the rifle and crossbow bullets and go fortegunner. The funny thing is... I was against using the same photon art on different characters, so I don't have any of them repeated xD

Edit: And I can go fortefighter with my newman!!! what do the players who worked hard on that "non favoured" combinations have to say on this? I lvld my skills with a characher full of HP and now I will have a newman fortefighter with all the hard work done...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-10-18 12:01 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-10-18 11:51, Typheros wrote:

You're kidding. Wouldn't that mean you could take a disc for an Ultimate PA and sell it, if you kept it at level 1?

Considering he PROBABLY tested it with a store bought PA, I'm gonna guess that's not the case

Rizen
Oct 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
Ultimate PAs are bond to you period.

And yes it was store bought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-10-18 12:03 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Oct 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-10-18 12:01, PJ wrote:

Considering he PROBABLY tested it with a store bought PA, I'm gonna guess that's not the case

I understand he tested it with a normal one, just curious about the possibility.

Rizen
Oct 18, 2007, 02:08 PM
*points up* Ultimate PAs are bond to you when you get them from the Exchange Missions.

amtalx
Oct 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-10-18 11:37, Zorafim wrote:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

All yours.

I've invested FAR too much at this point for that kind of nonsense.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 18, 2007, 04:02 PM
Try soloing Dulk Fakis S2 as a Fortefighter, then tell me that Sega's making the game into easy mode. Or better yet, make your CAST into a Fortetecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

amtalx
Oct 18, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm probably going to add fF and GT to my resume now that I have unlimted PA space...

Dragwind
Oct 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
One of the best and awesome time saving improvements evar. imo.

SStrikerR
Oct 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
cool ill be able to use all those hours on my other chars, AND if i switch constantly from fighter to gunner to forcer (lol) i can still use all my Pas for each class.