PDA

View Full Version : Have you organised teams for 1up or going to wait and join a

Turbobrain
Oct 18, 2007, 07:08 AM
I ask this as I have not, although me and my friend are going to party together... between us we have every job/race at pretty high levels and besides have some good weps.

I know some people have already organised teams to do this in. TBH I have not really thought about it too much. Though someone made an interesting point last night that by not being in a team you could open yourself to being 'booted' when the time to do ex missions comes;)

I sort of doubt thats going to happen, at least that much. Given the size of the community I would think any persons who would do this would become known and would have difficulty themselves finding a party.

Me and my friend intend to be hitting these for the next few weeks pretty solid so another we figured it best just to go with people who are doing the missions.... it worked ok in Firebreak and I even met a load of pretty cool people.... though a lot ohave 'left' I am hoping to seem some return for this event. Is everyone else running this in pre selected teams or just going to run with whoever on the day?

Kamiense
Oct 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
I don't really know if on the PC/PS2 it would be a problem, I've never been kicked from a rare monster spawn or boss boxes, but I kind of have a team, anyone on my partner card list really.

Just because not many people has been on as of late, I can't really set one up. -.-

TranceZiggy
Oct 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
I haven't, but generally me and two close friends stick together like glue anyways, so we'll just find a random fourth. Otherwise, when theyre not around, I expect team will be formed the same way HSM was done. '1 For A' called out in lobbies as teams are created. Idm who I team with, honestly. As long as they're capable of obtaining S in the bonus missions n.n.

DarkShadowX
Oct 18, 2007, 07:12 AM
Well I don't plan on joining any random ones. I got plenty of friends I know who'll be on during Cup to party with so I think I'm good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Oct 18, 2007, 07:12 AM
I'd assume that partying up with friends for something like this would be the way to go. Random parties to me, would be to just complete the mission for rewards rather than hunting rares (even though you get both no matter what party you're with).

pikachief
Oct 18, 2007, 07:13 AM
On 2007-10-18 05:10, Kamiense wrote:
I don't really know if on the PC/PS2 it would be a problem, I've never been kicked from a rare monster spawn or boss boxes, but I kind of have a team, anyone on my partner card list really.

Just because not many people has been on as of late, I can't really set one up. -.-

idk y u would be kicked from a rare spawn becuase theres gonna be alot, and its mroe people the better for the EX mission anyways. it would be pretty dum to kcik people for this event.

PJ
Oct 18, 2007, 07:18 AM
Only gonna play with my friends for the EX Missions.

That's what the case has been anyways, partying with randoms is not how I enjoy playing PSUroll.

CelestialBlade
Oct 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
I've got a group of friends that're running Cup with me. We've clearly established our individual goals, so we won't have to worry about who gets what.

Guildenstern
Oct 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
I'm going with my two Beast Fighgunners and my CAST Fortegunner friend.

Spamming Resta for high level berserk grenades = adventure! D:

Kamiense
Oct 18, 2007, 07:20 AM
On 2007-10-18 05:13, pikachief wrote:

idk y u would be kicked from a rare spawn becuase theres gonna be alot, and its mroe people the better for the EX mission anyways. it would be pretty dum to kcik people for this event.

Well, that's the point. I've never seen in the community anyone being kicked for rare spawns. I think everyone just started to relax after the death penalty, which made it not a problem.

I'm not saying everyone won't kick, I'm sure there are people who do, but from my experience they won't.

As long as I get ONE Har/Quick, and high leveled, I'll be happy after this event.

TranceZiggy
Oct 18, 2007, 07:20 AM
On 2007-10-18 05:13, pikachief wrote:

Exactly. Long as rares are on random, everyone benefits from a stronger team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

milka
Oct 18, 2007, 07:22 AM
whatever just show me the RARES!!!!

MattMattic
Oct 18, 2007, 07:33 AM
i hope there will be some random teams that i can join, since i work on friday, and most of my friends no longer play =(

Fresh
Oct 18, 2007, 07:43 AM
I'm going to party with friends they are a 94, 86, 90, and me a 94 almost 95... after i find a few s ranks if any i will switch on 2 my good alt bumblebee who is SICK lvl 10 FG and only level 36.. I will try to lvl him up and then go find some more s ranks

Raven5_1
Oct 18, 2007, 07:45 AM
crap i need to find a group that wouldnt mind doing b with me till i hit 55 which is 13 lvls away for either cecilia or tessa

Fresh
Oct 18, 2007, 09:00 AM
On 2007-10-18 05:45, Raven5_1 wrote:
crap i need to find a group that wouldnt mind doing b with me till i hit 55 which is 13 lvls away for either cecilia or tessa

if you play on the xbox360 servers send me a friend request and i will play with you and help you level up my gamertag is in my signature

Raven5_1
Oct 18, 2007, 09:29 AM
On 2007-10-18 07:00, Fresh wrote:

On 2007-10-18 05:45, Raven5_1 wrote:

if you play on the xbox360 servers send me a friend request and i will play with you and help you level up my gamertag is in my signature

sadly i'm on the ps2/pc servers, but thanks for the offer.

Neoptolemus
Oct 18, 2007, 09:55 AM
I met some of the best people that I know on PSU while playing with random parties during Firebreak. I hope to play with many of those same players, but also look forward to meeting new people. I usually like to be leader, so if any of you happen to be on (PS2/PC) and see me, feel free to join!

Neith
Oct 18, 2007, 09:57 AM
For hunting S-Ranks and units, I'll primarily be running it with 3 friends, and splitting any S-Rank drops according to who needs them more.

For leveling, I'll join any random parties.

sKOsiris
Oct 18, 2007, 10:04 AM
everyone seems to have a team, im mostly of a freelance during the day, and my friends start playing somewhat late. lets see how a random party works, and i hope i dont get booted!!!

LTrav2k
Oct 18, 2007, 10:09 AM
I'm interested in joining a team, and I'll definitely put in the work both melee and tech side. If anyone's interested in having me, please let me know. I'm generally able to play from 8 am - 1pm EST and from 11:30 - 2:00 am EST.

CAST-Sapphire
Oct 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'll being joining pick up teams. I figure there will be enough A teams that getting in one wont be a problem.

Turbobrain
Oct 18, 2007, 11:35 AM
Well, me and my partner were/are not looking specially for a team but it would be cool to run with some people.... we'll be hitting this event hard prob 16 hours a day so it'll prob be multiple teams. I/we like playing a friendly teams with a sense of humour and share the rares(though it'll be on random/in order so its out of all our hands;)) Between us we have to lvl 95 Newman FT'rs, lvl 77 Beast FF/FiG, lvl 78 Cast FG, FiG, FF, GT'r so we can pretty much adapt to make the team as efficient as possible. Of course our main goal is to get as many good drops as possible(as a team) but to have a load of laughs and fun doing it. We have some pretty high level(%) equipment so our lvl 7X's are pretty strong though we will use our FT's if need be.... contact me if your interested in rolling with us through this event. Can't say I mind randoms either though as I said on Firebreak this made me a load of friends and I honestly cannot remember having ANY problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-10-18 09:36 ]</font>

MattMattic
Oct 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
all of the games i play will be random peeps, hopefully i can get a good party and grind it out with them for a good amount of time

Orin654
Oct 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
Turbo Brain Id like to join you guys if I can.

My current schedule is

Mondays: Free all Day after 12 PM
Tuesdays: Same as Monday
Wednesday: Same as Monday
Thursdays: Not Free at all
Friday: Free from Morning till Afternoon
Saturday: Free till Afternoon
Sunday: Varies

Shade-
Oct 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
I wish I had a set party to do this with, but my playtime is so random I can't really set anything up. It would probably more regular if I had people to play with at regular times. So unless someone desperately wants a level 65 fortegunner, I'll be sticking to random parties >.>

ilovetypemoon
Oct 18, 2007, 12:30 PM
So, what's the likeliness of a lvl 55 fortefighter being allowed in an A party? >.<

MattMattic
Oct 18, 2007, 12:51 PM
i have no qualms about playing with a lvl 55, that is the level req.

ALC
Oct 18, 2007, 12:54 PM
Me and a friend have decided to do them together. Unfortunately, I don't know if the two of us will be able to get S ranks on the regular missions (to get to the EX missions) by ourselves, so we may have to beg people in our cards lists to come.

If they won't come, we may have to ask for some random people to join us. As long as the loot is on set-in-order or random, all should be well. And if any two people here want to team up with us, just look for ALC (me) on the PC/PS2 servers.

Turbobrain
Oct 18, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-10-18 09:57, Orin654 wrote:
Turbo Brain Id like to join you guys if I can.

My current schedule is

Mondays: Free all Day after 12 PM
Tuesdays: Same as Monday
Wednesday: Same as Monday
Thursdays: Not Free at all
Friday: Free from Morning till Afternoon
Saturday: Free till Afternoon
Sunday: Varies

ok, great. I live in the UK and try;) to stay to those hours sleep wise This works in my favour as the update is due to start at 8am GMT(I think thats midnight to 4am US time). Its anyones guess how long they will take to be back up and running but I think an hour or so.... in any case we'll be there for the start which is going to be 9am maybe past 10am GMT. I dont expect that many people are going to stay up or wake up at 4am in the US(what was I thinking... I would). In any case I/we'll be running for the day so look out for me.... I will be playing either Echo or Azatoth I'm not sure who my firend will be playing(prbably Pysche Echo).... in any case look out for us and I'll look out for you. I take it your guy is Orin H(if so we have partied before). Send a PM if you like....

I will be on later tonight at Dallgun, in Pysche's team. She has 3* luck so.

This also goes for anyone else that wants to party with us tommorow. The only things we ask is that in these missions you use your stongest weapons and PA's(NO PA levelling on other words;)... plenty of time for that later!).... we want to do these as quickly as possible! Also, no long AFKing(this is getting a problem on some runs). We also ask that people dont get greedy... it'll be on random or set in order depending on the parety preference. I'm sure there will be enough drops for everyone(crosses-fingers). Other than that, I'm sure we'll all do well and have a great time!

Oh yes, we need to figure out how to S these test missions but if it's anything like Firebreak this will only take a few hours. As people may have realised we are getting Parum and Moatoob together, making a total of 6(I think) ex missions. Basically everyone in our group will get a chance to choose which planet/'variation' they want to do but it's 1st come 1st served. Good luck everyone!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-10-18 11:12 ]</font>

MattMattic
Oct 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
i think we have the first two variations of the ex missions untill the last week when we get all 3 for all planets, and i beleive the max party member # is 4?

chibiLegolas
Oct 18, 2007, 02:30 PM
To me, PSU is a "pick up and play" type of game. Over strategizing about best race/class combos with friends or random parties takes out the fun of it all for me.

I just wanna sign in, equip myself and jump right into a game. I don't have a lot of hours devoted to PSU as I had in the past, so I wanna make each minute count. And less idle'n around, waiting for ppl to show up or not.

I'm always ready to meet new ppl and hope we can all have a good time together.

As long as we can S rank the missions, and have rares set in order, I could care less.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-10-18 12:32 ]</font>

Umberger
Oct 18, 2007, 02:33 PM
Three people who I've played with since they were level 1 and I are going to be playing very frequently, but I may play with some randoms if they're not on. =p

EMPYREAN
Oct 18, 2007, 02:39 PM
prolly gonna solo a lot since i only need the exp that this event gives. maybe hunt for a me/quick in the final week

Zorak000
Oct 18, 2007, 02:47 PM
I'll look for ppl, but I might have to join randoms. (especialy when I login tomorrow around 5AM EST)

Rashiid
Oct 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
i would - but everyone i know has skool 2marrow - so ill be like the only one online since im off.....

only place i can look is here.

Anduril
Oct 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
I wish I had people to play with, but those who I have become aquaintinces with have either been offline for a while, or have school. I think I'll starta thread on player match=ups to find one...

Complex_Jao
Oct 18, 2007, 08:05 PM
on 10/20 im gonna be with 360 but after that i dont know

Rashiid
Oct 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
ill be sitting in the Uni 1 Club if anyone needs me that day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif