PDA

View Full Version : 1up, so are we all having fun?

Darkly
Oct 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
Just want to listen to people's initial reactions to the cup.

So far I am really enjoying it, levelling up fast makes me happy. The missions actually involve thinking and co-ordination so its much more active and far less grinding. I am also enjoying how two missions have been released so we can have a nice change of pace.

So what does pso-world think ?

RegulusHikari
Oct 19, 2007, 07:08 PM
The missions are awesome, the EX missions are even better. Massive rarz and lots of EXP.

Seeing a 10 on our first full A rank Parum run was awesome. XD

IsoDonk
Oct 19, 2007, 07:08 PM
Definitely, bar the De Ragnus issue. I think one A run on Parum yields about 25k EXP, if not more.

Bonkers.

Turbobrain
Oct 19, 2007, 07:10 PM
Absoloutley awesome. The one and only time I have ever whined about getting something so much and (some)people said they could'nt care less about it.... LOL... I have yet to meet anyone who does not like it. VBrilliiant.

Darkly
Oct 19, 2007, 07:24 PM
It's very encouraging to see this much positivity on live and on the forums. Just good honest fun at last!

Rashiid
Oct 19, 2007, 07:35 PM
im lovin` it.

ive lvled 3 times 2day - from 91 to 94

Dragwind
Oct 19, 2007, 07:38 PM
I'm fapping nonstop to the fun.

Kimil
Oct 19, 2007, 07:42 PM
It sucks -.-

1) Mid-term Exam time right now for me so I can't really put in the time
2) The random groups I've joined always suck =(

bahk
Oct 19, 2007, 08:07 PM
It'd be a lot nicer without so many people deciding to join and then afk right before the ex mission, etc. I really want to grind for rares, but everyone I know doesn't seem to agree with this and would rather take 20 minute breaks between each mission and afk when they feel like it... Here I thought I'd be all set with a group but geez.

Carlo210
Oct 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
Fun missions, but...

I've only beaten the boss maybe 2 times. Other than that, my connection has been dropped every other time. It's not ym connection, it's Sonic Team's crappy excuse for a game server. I WANT to play, but Sonic Team, in a nutshell, won't let me. Smart move.

Phoenix_Black
Oct 19, 2007, 09:36 PM
I want easier feathers!

Addark
Oct 19, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'm honestly loving it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif This is really fun and it shows a ton of teamwork. Definitely bringing friends together, too. XD

Zainith
Oct 19, 2007, 09:37 PM
The event is great! I am not having the trouble alot of others are having with De Ragnus(sorry guys) so today I encountered 12 Latans, and got over 100K in just mission rewards and sold items(mind you, this is on C rank, one more level and I will try to join A rank parties...if anyone lets me)

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
It's okay, but I miss the Hive already. No PA fragments and nobody's going to want to do anything else. ; ; I really just want to save up for the Ult laser cannon PA (90, but I only have 25 right now...) /cry

At least I'm leveling up a little more. But I got to lv79 without the cup in two months anyway.

Morganna
Oct 19, 2007, 09:56 PM
I love it. Asuka went from 23 to 25 so far, and I plan to spend all night on it, so I will likely be even further along.

Anduril
Oct 19, 2007, 10:37 PM
I had a ball doing these missions. I met a great group that was really nice. Only thing that sucks is the whole De Ragnus issue...

Carlo210
Oct 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
Must be fuc/*ing nice to be playing without getting booted from the servers constantly. I'm having my connection dropped once per mission. Fantastic way to spend 15$ a month.
Sonic, get your shi* together.

Mystil
Oct 19, 2007, 11:30 PM
I leveled up 9 times today... holy crap.

Noblewine
Oct 19, 2007, 11:36 PM
I've played it a couple of times and fighting lv. 30 monsters is really challenging especially since I don't fight monsters at that level yet. It's pretty fun but since I dislike thinking the puzzles tend to confuse me ALOT. XD

Wallin
Oct 19, 2007, 11:39 PM
I'd be having more fun if...

...the Moatoob mission didn't completely suck.
...the dance club wasn't more packed with people than the missions are with monsters.
...the rappies would spawn more (8 hours of playing, only saw one spawn so far).
...I had an Me/Quick or if it were Neudaiz week since monsters keep pwning me faster than I can cast.
...I weren't so worried about how I'm going to get enough feathers for all the formal clothing.

The experience is nice though, so I'm just plugging along and getting closer to 55.

Dhylec
Oct 20, 2007, 12:01 AM
The event is like a big rain after a drought, many dormant plants start to appear. ;]

Nyreal
Oct 20, 2007, 12:05 AM
In one run, I nearly gained a whole level. I like it alot, but now I need to study the guides. My first run took half an hour!

omegapirate2k
Oct 20, 2007, 12:42 AM
Disappointed I'm not around to play it and level my alts, but pretty happy were getting it so my friends can nab me some stuff I want easier than usual.

Besides, in AoI, leveling will be cake.

Stezan
Oct 20, 2007, 01:27 AM
So far everything has been great. My party got 6 S-ranks drop through the whole day: 2 halarods, 2 twin Ragnus, 1 Mugun..the spear, and a Svaltus Sword. I nabbed my first S-rank, a Twin Ragnus. We had 2 runs with rappies that dropped decors and a Magic Wand.

T'was a good day. Can't wait for Neudaiz and Linear Line missions.

Gryffin
Oct 20, 2007, 01:28 AM
One day. 2 Levels, 5 S ranks, 3 Vahra Claws, Rabol Rappy, Capped a class I like but hate, and TONS of rare mats.

Short Answer: Yes.

pikachief
Oct 20, 2007, 02:39 AM
On 2007-10-20 00:39, LS_Aksion wrote:
The 1st day i would say "YES" having fun!

Found x3 Twin Ragnus o.O (Holy S...!) a Meteor Cannon, lots of high lvl mats, confused about Ol' Brucey being in the mission lol... & finaly capped Dus Majarra at 30 (too awsome!)

Have yet to find rappies! wont be giving up that easily http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i got the oposite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i got 3 meteor canons adn 1 ragnus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LS_Aksion
Oct 20, 2007, 02:39 AM
The 1st day i would say "YES" having fun!

Found x3 Twin Ragnus o.O (Holy S...!) a Meteor Cannon, lots of high lvl mats, confused about Ol' Brucey being in the mission lol... & finaly capped Dus Majarra at 30 (too awsome!)

Have yet to find rappies! wont be giving up that easily http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tigerram
Oct 20, 2007, 03:00 AM
Indeed, this is a ball in a half http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Unfortuantely, no Halarods of course, but I did find Meteor Cannon and Crea Saber boards with 2 Rappy Feathers.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 20, 2007, 03:06 AM
Still only able to play on C, but i've made lots of meseta and have been able to upgrade my arsenal about as fast as I've leveled. As for random teams, I've been in a couple good and one awesome one. I am SO GLAD I started playing online last weekend!

pikachief
Oct 20, 2007, 03:10 AM
if my game would stop freezing everytime i'd be having more un XD

besides that yes its very fun

Cerberus1981
Oct 20, 2007, 04:06 AM
I love it, one day in and.....

- Hit L96 (up 2 levels)
- Two sets of rare rappies
- Halarod board
- Ragnus board
- Earnt enough money to buy a Blackbull board

The only annoying thing is the freezes on the boss and I missed out on perfect scores.

LaMBoLOgy
Oct 20, 2007, 04:15 AM
i think its sic and all, like the missions do cause for some brain usage and what not, but dudes getting the same rares u got with not even 1% of the effort you put in hunting before 1up, i think thats the wahckest part..

PJ
Oct 20, 2007, 06:53 AM
I posted this on another forum, but I figure it's full of good and positive and what not, so why not post it here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(I've only levelled up 3 times so far, so I know I'm not playing as much as other people already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

"So, playing a bunch of 1up and enjoying myself so far. Silver's levelled up twice, Ashura once, and the rest I'll get to eventually. I'd really like to get Ashura 80+ by the end of the event, Silver 70+ and the 2 otheres to 60+. Well, one can hope anyways. But Silver's now PT6 and can equip GRENADEs, which make me happier beyond belief. The only thing that truly makes Rangers broken, and what make me and my friends low leveledness be able to do the United Path, yeees.

So haven't found anything of interest yet, but when Gaz and Snickerman got impatient to wait for me, they played with randoms and a Gur Bazga dropped. They didn't get it.

I have to say, in PSO the VR Temple music sucked, I dunno why they brought it back. It's fitting for Nanoblasts though, that's about it, TERRIBLE music though. LOVE the Sonic Heroes theme while doing the EX Mission. And I love the guys who run in and are all, "1UP!"

So hoping to get a Svaltus Sword... I actually can't think of what else I want that'll actually be manageable for my friends of our low level to be able to obtain. Most of my wants are in Neudaiz. I know I'd LOVE a Gudda Hon, but like... yeah, we're not beating Maggas on A Rank AND getting EX Mission, so I'll have to wait a WHILE before I can even try for it. Maybe a Gudda Skela until then? Dunno.

But while waiting for people to come online MSN, raising my shiny Pachirisu. So I'm good for time.

EDIT: Also, got Pumpkinhead, and fell in love. Plan to grind one to +10, I've got one at +5 so far, and now I have 6 Pumpkinheads cause my friends didn't want theirs <3"

ChronoTrigga
Oct 20, 2007, 06:58 AM
Well, spending only about 4 hours on the first day, I managed to level up from lvl 70, to lvl 73. Which makes me thinking I'm going to be able to get to level 100 even before the week is up o.o (due to the fact of 2 days off in a row XD)

Edit: Also got a storm line board, two headed ragnus board, and the chance to see Rappy latan as i got disconnected by shitty dsl from verizon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Handsock on 2007-10-20 04:59 ]</font>

Rashiid
Oct 20, 2007, 07:04 AM
got from 91 to 94 1st day.

im lovin it, but i dont like how JP sugar-coated the difficulty of the EX missions.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/Kirbyzm2/monitorslapfe0.gif

Bad JP!

Vickie
Oct 20, 2007, 07:10 AM
i want to get that guitar grenade launcher if we can thats pretty cool

ShadowDragon28
Oct 20, 2007, 07:13 AM
200,000 pnts Get! CG Everyone! Lets keep this up Reward after the Cup ends 2 Weeks Super Holy Light!

I predict the next reward is a 10% increase in Armor synth rates... or something totally different *shrugs*
If ppl can keep this up, we may even win the 2 weeks of 15% increase to synth rates for all weapon and armor boards that the Jp won!

Vickie
Oct 20, 2007, 07:16 AM
only did a few runs but its cool

-Aurora-
Oct 20, 2007, 07:18 AM
it fails....500% drop my @ss

White_Mage
Oct 20, 2007, 07:20 AM
i think the parum one is the best but i keep on freezing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rashiid
Oct 20, 2007, 07:27 AM
On 2007-10-20 05:10, Vickie wrote:
i want to get that guitar grenade launcher if we can thats pretty cool

top 100 get it i believe

PJ
Oct 20, 2007, 07:30 AM
I think that was only the JP version, I think now everyone [who does all the missions?] gets it.

Rashiid
Oct 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
On 2007-10-20 05:18, spoiled808177 wrote:
it fails....500% drop my @ss

when it says 'increased drop rate' thats when its 500%

Rashiid
Oct 20, 2007, 07:33 AM
On 2007-10-20 05:30, PJ wrote:
I think that was only the JP version, I think now everyone [who does all the missions?] gets it.

oh damn - there goes its 'individuality'

Raven5_1
Oct 20, 2007, 07:35 AM
in 24 hours i've:
got my tails statue,
gone up six levels,
had someone gave me a crea saber,
got 2 feathers,
got 3 death dances,
got a shintsuki zashi,
got arabol rappy
and the cursed pumkin

yeah i'm having fun.

gonna try moatoob next.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raven5_1 on 2007-10-20 05:36 ]</font>

Vickie
Oct 20, 2007, 07:48 AM

i hope so.. im pretty sure not everyone wants to run those missions all day.

i know i dont 10*'s are played out.

rather waste my time lookin for 11's and the other rare stuff from that event.

lethe
Oct 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
Yay! we got over 200k points so far and unlocked the first secret, bum bum bummmmm!

Super holy light for 2 weeks after event is over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lethe
Oct 20, 2007, 08:15 AM
On 2007-10-20 05:48, Vickie wrote:

i hope so.. im pretty sure not everyone wants to run those missions all day.

i know i dont 10*'s are played out.

rather waste my time lookin for 11's and the other rare stuff from that event.

Yep this is true, clear all 4 missions at the same rank (as in C, B, or A runs) and you should recieve the song for death http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, but finish all 4 mission with a perfect score and you supposedly recieve a super secret special prize http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif i wonder what it could be ?:O

Rashiid
Oct 20, 2007, 08:29 AM
Rappy El-Suito

White_Mage
Oct 20, 2007, 09:18 AM
i think its crap.i keep on freezing on de ragnus and its getting on my freaking nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.sry had to get it out of my system.its good i like the exp and the drops

Powder Keg
Oct 20, 2007, 09:31 AM
I leveled from 93 to 94 and I'm almost to 95 already. Good thing I didn't powerlevel earlier.

This is a lot of fun though, and not too hard to get the hang of eventually. It isn't ALWAYS easy to get 8+ points with just any party, either...especially on Moatoob.

xennec
Oct 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
I'm enjoying this a lot. Since I'm a slow leveler this will give me a chance to catch up with everyone I play with (I'm in high 70s they are in high 90s). Also I obtained my first S rank board, a two headed ragnus. It's synthing right now and I hope it succeeds. It warms my heart that this event actually requires decent teamwork to be successful. I was in a party once and a person died. Everyone else had gone ahead. When we went back to use a moon, we couldn't get back to the person so we had to restart. It was amusing. Maybe I'll take advantage of this for my alt too, just depends on how high I get Artek.

STRANG
Oct 20, 2007, 10:05 AM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooot

EMPYREAN
Oct 20, 2007, 10:32 AM
im not having fun anymore. im atm lv 55 and no1 of u high lvd players want us low lv players in your A party =/
wonder why?

CherryLunar
Oct 20, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-10-20 08:32, EMPYREAN wrote:
im not having fun anymore. im atm lv 55 and no1 of u high lvd players want us low lv players in your A party =/
wonder why?

You're probably not looking in the right places. Last night, I couldn't count the times that we only had 3 in our party and finding a 4th for A rank was an issue.

Phoenix_Black
Oct 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah... It's really no fun for anyone that is like 65 and down... I'm 55, too... I get too much crap, like "OMG, noob", and stuff, yet I've been around longer than them, and such. I can't get rappies to spawn. None of my friends will even play. I've basically just been soloing C for a while, now. It's a piece of crap.

LTrav2k
Oct 20, 2007, 10:50 AM
I've been having a lot of fun... found a couple halarods, stormlines, and other rare materials. I'm just happy that it's giving enough rare mats to compensate for the boards being handed out!! Both of these missions didn't take a long time to get the hang of, but I'm glad they require a little bit of thinking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EMPYREAN
Oct 20, 2007, 10:50 AM
i know , i was online for 1 H ago in uni 2 and every 1 only wanted 80 and 90+ caras for ther A runs.

Dhylec
Oct 20, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-10-20 08:50, EMPYREAN wrote:
i know , i was online for 1 H ago in uni 2 and every 1 only wanted 80 and 90+ caras for ther A runs.

If you must know, most PSOWers play on uni15. ;]

EMPYREAN
Oct 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
pretty shure that wont help me. but ill give it a try when i logg back in the game later 2day

ilovetypemoon
Oct 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-10-20 09:37, EMPYREAN wrote:
pretty shure that wont help me. but ill give it a try when i logg back in the game later 2day

Well I'm lvl 58, but if I was in the high 70's 80's and was forming an A party, I wouldn't invite anyone less that 65.

I formed a party for B, and this lvl 30 wanted to join. I said, what the hell, it's the req lvl so who cares. Wrong, BIG liability, kept dying, couldn't kill shit, and in the end, we got 7 points.

So you're lvl 55 and want to join an A run. You go in, cant really kill much, die in 3 hits. Would you want to invite yourself?

If the party already has 3 high level players it wouldnt matter much but for people who wants to work for 10 points or getting to EX missions, the last thing they want is a player who just meets the bare minimum req.

What am I trying to say? Go play some B runs, level up to 65, then ask again. It won't take you long to get there anyways.

buzyb77
Oct 20, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-10-20 11:37, ilovetypemoon wrote:

On 2007-10-20 09:37, EMPYREAN wrote:

Well I'm lvl 58, but if I was in the high 70's 80's and was forming an A party, I wouldn't invite anyone less that 65.

I formed a party for B, and this lvl 30 wanted to join. I said, what the hell, it's the req lvl so who cares. Wrong, BIG liability, kept dying, couldn't kill shit, and in the end, we got 7 points.

So you're lvl 55 and want to join an A run. You go in, cant really kill much, die in 3 hits. Would you want to invite yourself?

If the party already has 3 high level players it wouldnt matter much but for people who wants to work for 10 points or getting to EX missions, the last thing they want is a player who just meets the bare minimum req.

What am I trying to say? Go play some B runs, level up to 65, then ask again. It won't take you long to get there anyways.

Thank you for undestanding why High lVL don't want lower Lvls in...I am an 85..I think maybe 86 almost 87.. it was Late last night when I Logged out. and was really tired... anyway I Die in 1 hit from the End boss on Parnum...and a LVL 75/76 Beast Friend of mine Almost to nearly dies every time that thing does a "big Stop if he's no Careful as that Muti stomp can kill anyone..I wish More LVL 55-70 would Party together for this even and run thoughon B ranks or even A's ( I Say be cause odds are its easy to do) and Get the Boucoup LVLs while it lasts also these two Events Will Be Back the Last week and would it be Great to Be 85+ when All the Events are out with The New Friend you have made than to Still be waiting at LVL 55 for the High Lvl to inite you?

Cz
Oct 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
i like how gaining levels are so much easier now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

buzyb77
Oct 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-10-20 12:41, BunnyGirl wrote:
i like how gaining levels are so much easier now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

same..if I get time My negected Beast may gan many many lvls..and if I Get a Ton of free time then my Robot "Volton" will get some more play time than 10h...LOL

Zorafim
Oct 20, 2007, 02:59 PM
In fact, one may wager to say that it's 2.5 times easier to level now.

Darkly
Oct 20, 2007, 03:44 PM
Indeed Zorafim, indeed.

Nemhy
Oct 20, 2007, 03:47 PM
I have questions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Do we need perfect scores on all 4 for the rappy suite and 30 feathers bonus?

Can we choose our formalwear's and rappy suite's color?

Mystil
Oct 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
On the subject of low level in A runs, I considered myself ready when I got 60. I didnt get in one til 62.

I was expecting it to be a cake walk. Well I was wrong. I had to remind myself that this was LVL100 monsters vs. a LVL62 character. I was taking 218dmg from vahras with max def buff... Ragnus wasnt a problem though, he can't even hit me. That boss is so easy to hit. But the other monsters were a problem.

I didnt do anymore A runs after that. Probably not going to do anymore til Im 75. B runs give 20-21k xp and I'm fine with that.

Ogni-XR21
Oct 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
I like that its 4 player parties.

Enjoying it so far.

buzyb77
Oct 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-10-20 13:56, Mystil wrote:
On the subject of low level in A runs, I considered myself ready when I got 60. I didnt get in one til 62.

I was expecting it to be a cake walk. Well I was wrong. I had to remind myself that this was LVL100 monsters vs. a LVL62 character. I was taking 218dmg from vahras with max def buff... Ragnus wasnt a problem though, he can't even hit me. That boss is so easy to hit. But the other monsters were a problem.

I didnt do anymore A runs after that. Probably not going to do anymore til Im 75. B runs give 20-21k xp and I'm fine with that.

yeah I as Force thank You..LOL

Anyway on My beast fighter I plan on doing something simular..

Mystil
Oct 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
I got to admit, I overestimated my beast def that time >_>.

Ithildin
Oct 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
Very much enjoying it here. It's sort of breathed new life into PSU for myself and friends. The extra exp is helping rather a lot and I've found a few S-rank boards too. Oh and I find myself laughing loads at the song in the club. I do believe he sings... and I quote... "Just how you areee, you'll get a cottage pieee!"

EspioKaos
Oct 20, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-10-20 16:13, Ithildin wrote:
Very much enjoying it here. It's sort of breathed new life into PSU for myself and friends. The extra exp is helping rather a lot and I've found a few S-rank boards too. Oh and I find myself laughing loads at the song in the club. I do believe he sings... and I quote... "Just how you areee, you'll get a cottage pieee!"

"Just now you are cooking a cottage pie!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'm really enjoying this event. The EXP is awesome, the rares even more so. I still haven't gotten an S-rank, and I haven't seen any Rappy Latans, but all in due time. There's still a month of this left, and two more missions to come, so I'm sure I'll eventually see both happen!

Ithildin
Oct 20, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lol! I do apologize EspioKaos... I had no idea that was what he was signing! I just made that up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Raven5_1
Oct 20, 2007, 07:51 PM
getting raped on Moatoob is not fun.

otherwise... yeah, still having fun

Darkly
Oct 20, 2007, 07:53 PM
Me and my lvl 60ish friends thought we would have a go at moatoob A...

bad idea.

Randomness
Oct 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-10-20 13:56, Mystil wrote:

Hmm... I was doing fine with newman war/fortecher around 70. I'd imagine you would be fine by then, as long as the party isnt all <70.

Neith
Oct 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
-Taking on Lv65 Go Vahras in B-Rank with a Lv35 Newman Fortefighter is awesome.
- Loads of rare drops is awesome
- Experience is awesome
- Missions feel fun- like PSO's Challenge Mode
- I'm making a killing in terms of cash and materials
- EX Missions are hilarious

Firebreak was a chore compared to this, well worth the wait and I don't want it to end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Carlo210
Oct 20, 2007, 08:26 PM
Servers seem a little less wonky today (I only played for 2 ish hours).

MrPOW
Oct 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
I'm having fun...but I've played most of the day, seen 10 S-ranks drop...and didn't get any of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Gonna try more later...

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 20, 2007, 08:48 PM
Man, I'm loving this cup. I don't care if I'm doing the same thing over and over, its not getting boring one bit yet.

buzyb77
Oct 20, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-10-20 18:47, MrPOW wrote:
I'm having fun...but I've played most of the day, seen 10 S-ranks drop...and didn't get any of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Gonna try more later...

yea somtimes just seeing the S ranks if Fun..LOL...but th Rare parade is realy Realy Fun...

But the money and EXp is the most fun..

SolomonGrundy
Oct 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Played from 10AM to 3PM.

Good: there are enought drops that folks do not fight over who gets what.

the missions feel fast, even though I understand they take almost half an our each (including EX)

the XP is insane. I gained a level in 4 or 5 runs.

the bad: it's hard to find a party. Alternately its hard to keep a party full

also, a lot of false rumors about how to get rappies, if/when to abort, and certain things that happen during the mission. (So far my favorite has been "if the svaltus does not spawn, you cannot get to the Ex mission).

Some random angst about certain peoples playstyles, but that has less to do with 1UP cup.

a simple fyi: there are areas where you can die, and if the party is split up (to increase kill count or whatever), no one can get to you to revive you. So please carry scapes.

MrPOW
Oct 20, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-10-20 18:49, buzyb77 wrote:
yea somtimes just seeing the S ranks if Fun..LOL...but th Rare parade is realy Realy Fun...

But the money and EXp is the most fun..

Well, it kind of was cool seeing them drop the first couple of times since I had never seen an S-rank drop before. After that, not so much, since I wasn't getting any and other people were getting multiples. But oh well, it's just the second day.

Remedy
Oct 20, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-10-19 21:39, Wallin wrote:
I'd be having more fun if...

...the Moatoob mission didn't completely suck.You take that back! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif The Moatoob mission is very fun, and it's Gizonde central! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mystil
Oct 20, 2007, 11:45 PM
Moatoob is ok. The suck part comes when its boss time and you only got 1 ranger, or worst = 0. That THING moves around too much and once the bottom comes off, all hell breaks loose >_>.

gryphonvii
Oct 20, 2007, 11:54 PM
I net around 30k exp from parum, I've maxed out two classes that I've been wanting to level up for a while, I've had freezing issues but not as bad as other people. This is just my practice week since I only want a desta and mugungruk from these places. Can't wait till the next two weeks come.

gryphonvii
Oct 20, 2007, 11:58 PM
I find moatoob fun, I actually get to use lightning weapons that I have had collecting dust since forever. I synthed a 20% lightning and ground muktrand to help out. Need to work on fire to prep for the nuedaiz mission.

Shishi-O
Oct 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-10-19 18:30, Carlo210 wrote:
Fun missions, but...

I've only beaten the boss maybe 2 times. Other than that, my connection has been dropped every other time. It's not ym connection, it's Sonic Team's crappy excuse for a game server. I WANT to play, but Sonic Team, in a nutshell, won't let me. Smart move.

not your fault or your connevtion, i just had mine overhauled and the speed limit maxed, and it have beaten the boss maybe 4 time without freezing.

i am not participating any longer, it is disheartening and lame, sega needs to fix this.

Neith
Oct 21, 2007, 07:01 AM
On 2007-10-20 21:45, Mystil wrote:
Moatoob is ok. The suck part comes when its boss time and you only got 1 ranger, or worst = 0. That THING moves around too much and once the bottom comes off, all hell breaks loose >_>.

It seems the bosses in the Cup have reduced HP though- Magas doesn't last that long unless it teleports all over the place. It's best when it tries attacks like it's body cannon which require it to stay still http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Oh, and the Moatoob mission rocks, it's like Challenge Mode all over again.

Raven5_1
Oct 21, 2007, 09:12 AM
10 lvls in 48hrs

capped fortefighter
leveled up to force lvl 7 in under 2 hours

FINALLY GOT 10 POINTS ON MOATOOB UNITED FRONT B!

Still having fun.

MrPOW
Oct 21, 2007, 12:29 PM
I'm keeping count at this point. I've seen 12 S-rank drops...but I am still S-rankless. 2 Halrods just dropped back-to-back, and there were only 3 of us in the party since one guy lagged out at the boss. I got neither. What I really want is a Mugunruk and a Bil De Bear Ax, but since it seems pretty hard to find Moatoob parties I've been banking on getting them by trading or selling what Parum S-ranks I get. But yeah...so far that isn't panning out.

Darkly
Oct 21, 2007, 12:54 PM
My own topic is being ironic to me. I would be having a better time if i didn't crash on ragnus a lot. Still though the whole community's much larger which is always pleasing to see.

Leonah
Oct 21, 2007, 01:13 PM
I've had fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif though sitting down outside the club in UNI2 can result in a lap dance o.o

1. I now get the money I need for weapons w/out HSM. THAT was killing me. My saber was only doing 130damage...Now I have a buccaneer, I'm doing 250's-300+'s. And mr.pikor(my axe) I can now use, and do about 999 damage with my special XD Needless to say I'm happy. I even maxed FF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

2. I think I was level37 when I started, I'm now level45 and inching towards 55.

3. It's actually fun!!! I have a pretty short attention span with these things, and I can play 1up Cup for a long time XD

4. I don't have to feel too bad when my friends do B (they're higher level and they always had to do lower grade missions with me) or C with me...because we still get wicked exp!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And the Friendship one's okay once you get the hang of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

One thing though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I've played for 2 1/2 days, and no rappy's. I'm hoping for a rappy item...especially that CAST suit for my Cast, who's ironically named R.A.P.P.Y http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and a formal thing for my Main. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RufuSwho
Oct 22, 2007, 05:02 PM
Good times!

I have the de ragnus glitch so i miss out (lag out) on over 50% of the EX missions on parum... but still havin' a great time!
(btw, some people report getting meseta even if they lag out)

exp wise --> from lvl 92 to 96 in two days!

drop wise -- > [B] Halarod, [B] Stormline, Magical wand, [B] Rabol Lebfa have all dropped to me (Not bad, these are my first 10* drops)

a good friend of mine got the famed [B] Shigga Desta, hope it makes

The cooperation required makes these runs superior for party fun!

Thanks ST.

PS: fix the dragon glitch, please http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dragwind
Oct 22, 2007, 06:52 PM
Still lovin' 1up. Too many S ranks to count already XD

Sylpheed
Oct 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
Great Event already got my fair share of boards:

Mugunruk
Shigga Desta
Meteor Cannon
Storm Line

Woot, *waits for neudaiz*

Skye-Fox713
Oct 22, 2007, 07:13 PM
It absolutely disgusting to me and I hate it............NAAAWWWTT (Borat NOT)

gebuscristo at the start of the event my main was 67 and now my main is 75 (thats 7 lv's in three days)working on 76, and thats just in the first three days. Best of all I finally got a Shigga Desta and I'm syingthing it right now, but I might not take it out till after the event with the super holy week for the success rate.

Darkly
Oct 22, 2007, 07:16 PM
Skye-fox713 i heard at the end of the event we get a synth-rate boost, so i'm waiting until then to make my weapons.

BFGfreak
Oct 22, 2007, 07:53 PM
The only thing I hate is (aside from rappies not being as common as some people lead me to belive) is the fact that Moatoob and Parum are on the same week, so all I've been seeing are parum parties. Other than that, it's fun. (found 6 feathers already, and capped my wartecher, not to mention that I went from about 100000 meseta to 660000 in about 4 days, so I am happy)

Yoshi_Ayarane
Oct 22, 2007, 08:04 PM
I only play with my guild (I dislike random teams unless it's unavoidable) and I juggle PSU and City of Heroes, so my progress is a little slower than most of you.

Priority is on making my weeny WT not suck... and by that I mean getting her to 55 so she can tag along on ACROSS' A-rank runs during the event. I kinda feel bad that they have to drop down to B so they can powerlevel me x.x