PDA

View Full Version : Revival of Roleplaying

ShinMatsumoto
Oct 20, 2007, 06:08 AM
As a roleplaying addict, I think it's time we get PSU back onto the RP side. This isn't gonna be easy. It's probably not going to be all that fun at the beginning either. But it should be done. The story for PSU may be a bit cliched, but our characters need us! Without us, their faithful authors, nay, their fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers, they're nothing more than data stored in Sega's servers!

Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but to be quite honest, I love the Phantasy Star world. The environment, while a bit hostile to roleplaying (damn you straight to hell censor bars and small chat boxes!!) is no worse than World of Warcraft, and there are entire servers dedicated to roleplaying there!

I return to PSU hopefully within the next 24 hours, if I can find my disc to reinstall. I'd like to begin a revolution on PSU.

Stories.

Comics.

Pictures.

Whatever we must do to bring it back to life, let's do it!

Over the next two weeks or so, I'm going to attempt to put the defibrillators to the PSU roleplaying community, and hard. I'm going to get my pet PSU roleplaying project back up and running. I'm going to begin attempting to run events in game. I'm going to do whatever I can to encourage roleplaying in Phantasy Star Universe.

What can I necessarily do? If there's no interest, nothing. But one can become two, and two can become four. Four becomes eight, and soon, Universe 17 may have two stars worth of roleplayers on at peak hours.

I ask for support. Interested in roleplaying in PSU? C'mon, let's get it going! Hell, if even one person sits there for an hour in character with someone and walks away with a smile, it's worth it! Want to learn? Personally, I'll be glad to teach you, and I know I'm not the only one.

So come on, roleplayers of the Gurhal System. I ask for is a scoff. A scoff and a turn of the head. A giggle and a flirtatious wink. A gutteral growl and a manicial laugh.

I ask for are the characters you already have. The ones you love, but the ones in limbo, the ones unable to move forward because of a lack of interest online.

I ask for them to breathe, to exist, to move.

Is that so much to ask?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMatsumoto on 2007-10-20 04:10 ]</font>

KuroNetsune
Oct 23, 2007, 10:24 PM
blargh, more than willing to join in but saddly I might not play until december or so .o.

ShinMatsumoto
Oct 24, 2007, 03:26 AM
That's quite alright. As it's looking right now, it won't be all on PSU.

We'll see how well it works. If you can join in December, all worked well.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
I'd love to join in on this, I always wanted to get into role playing myself. I should be getting on sometime today so message me on AIM or MSN if you can.

Nisshoku
Oct 25, 2007, 09:47 AM
Well, as soon as I find of if I was apporved for a CC, and thus get the CC in the mail, you can definitely see me planning to RP on PSU. If anything, I want to seriously get some story going on this ole' Crimson Demon again...

Losyl
Oct 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
Well im always up for RPing ^,-,^ Characters are Arkaya, Losyl, Tierala, and Seila. Oh and im on PS2/PC server...(gotta start writeing that fanfic...)

PM me if ya wanna meet up in game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh and i think you may be setting your sights a bit high there...personaly right now id be happy to see 1 star worth of RPers...or even to meet up with some in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losyl on 2007-10-25 13:24 ]</font>

RyuRoots
Oct 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
While a full two stars may be a bit idealistic, I do think it's a wonderful idea to rally any who enjoy it together. Too many people never roleplay in what's classified as a "role playing game", and it'd be good to see at least some change in that. I love roleplay and am almost always up for it. I play on PC/PS2 servers and have 4 characters, with two that I mainly use (Karina[Newman F] and Artesia[CAST F])

ShinMatsumoto
Oct 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, it's on its way there, but I've actually got a forum devoted to PSU roleplaying on my signature now.

So let's start there and see how many are actually interested, mmm?

Losyl
Oct 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-10-27 08:24, ShinMatsumoto wrote:
Well, it's on its way there, but I've actually got a forum devoted to PSU roleplaying on my signature now.

So let's start there and see how many are actually interested, mmm?

Hmmm that looked more like simply a place to RP on forums? (maby ill poke around on the site more when im not half asleep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
Im mainly only interested in RPing in game

DonRoyale
Oct 28, 2007, 12:05 AM
I would, but I have little time on PSU as is, and what little time I have on it is spent on trying to become less and less of a burden to my friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Why not just do a written RP here? It's been done a couple times...

AverageJoe
Oct 28, 2007, 12:06 AM
I just got my PC account so im up for ingame RP anytime. That forum is a good place to set up people to roleplay though.

ShinMatsumoto
Oct 28, 2007, 03:02 AM
I'm making it for dual reasons. First is to not massively flood the Fan Works forum with RP posts. Second is to act as a meeting spot.

Actually, I'd like to schedule an RP event, first and foremost. To kind of break things in, see who all's interested, and get the going going.

If possible, post in the PSURPS under the appropriate thread. More details as they come to light in my head.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 28, 2007, 03:47 AM
Trust me, you wouldn't be doing Fan Works a disservice by "flooding it with RP posts." Please, if you know a way to flood Fan Works with any kind of legitimate, non-spam posts, by all means do so! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShinMatsumoto
Oct 28, 2007, 03:49 AM
Well then, I'll simply repost the PSURPS thread here.

Incoming event information.

Dragwind
Nov 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
I've been actually considering resorting to a RP type of gameplay with my characters since the people in PSU have been WAY too uptight and getting worse. Guess I'll be in.