PDA

View Full Version : Ugh 1Up Perfect Moatoob

BigBadWolf
Oct 20, 2007, 04:05 PM
I really need help. We can't get higher than 8 on the Moatoob mission 'cause we always miss 1 mob. Where the heck is it?

We go backtrack in the 2nd block to kill the respawns there, but there's still one mob left. Is it in the first block? Hidden in a box?

It's driving me nuts. @_@

Mr_Confused
Oct 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=156582&forum=22&17

BigBadWolf
Oct 20, 2007, 04:32 PM
I must have read that topic like 3 times and didn't find that fake wall light. I thought he was talking about the first light
Well thank you anyway.
You can lock this now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2007-10-20 14:50 ]</font>

l_Will_l
Oct 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
i dunno if it helps but after the from with the jigsh in it you then have to hold a button down to let 2 ppl into the room with the mallets with the buttons under them. when they unlock that gate the 4th person goes in at the opposite side of the map to get the key for the first dark room with the first light switch. well theres rocks beyond the key. go thru them and theres a box, break it and mobs will come out and theres the light switch. i dunno if that helped out any dont have time to read that last topic posted

XDeathX
Oct 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
Did that and killed only 90 creatures. Thats not enough.

Sasamichan
Oct 20, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-10-20 16:49, XDeathX wrote:
Did that and killed only 90 creatures. Thats not enough.

Did you miss the hidded room in the dark area where you split up?

imfanboy
Oct 20, 2007, 07:24 PM
actually, it sounds like you're missing the mob of vanda which spawn after you trigger the 2-key door in B2 - they spawn in the place that you picked up the FIRST key, so to do it fast the rangers have to shoot over the gorge in the last room at the small mob of vanda, while the hunters take care of the crocs.

Helps?

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 20, 2007, 08:26 PM
I'll make a video later tonight to help you guys with this mission.

Carlo210
Oct 20, 2007, 08:34 PM
One of our players went afk in the room where vandas spawn, so when they spawned and he returned from the bathroom, he was able to whoop their arse.
And we didn't have a gunner in our party, so thank god he had to take a crap.

Cerberus1981
Oct 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-10-20 17:24, imfanboy wrote:
actually, it sounds like you're missing the mob of vanda which spawn after you trigger the 2-key door in B2 - they spawn in the place that you picked up the FIRST key, so to do it fast the rangers have to shoot over the gorge in the last room at the small mob of vanda, while the hunters take care of the crocs.

Helps?

Yeah, our party found it quicker and easier to leave a beast behind to deal with them, we'd split into teams of two and then I would leave him behind to deal with the new vandas and I'd go and join up with the other two, he would deal with them whilst everyone else was fighting the crocs.

For the crocs we found the qucikest way to deal with them was for me to paralyse them with my SUV and then another beast could mop them up without fear of being hit. I'd then drop back to the floor switch and let the beast in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-20 18:51 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 20, 2007, 08:55 PM
that box behind the rocks (which is somewhat of a secret/hidden area), sometimes contains a lapucha.

BigBadWolf
Oct 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
Thank you for all your posts

Alamar
Oct 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
the big slow down is the nadds. have 3 go and keep one back to fight them. our team got a 10 on it. we had a lvl 68,lvl,100,lvl98,lvl94. after we did that, that saved the 3 mins. we where missing to get a 10.

XDeathX
Oct 21, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-10-20 18:55, SolomonGrundy wrote:
that box behind the rocks (which is somewhat of a secret/hidden area), sometimes contains a lapucha.

Or a Rappy.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 21, 2007, 03:49 AM
My team already 10'ed both missions. Leave 2 people for the last Vanda spawn and let 2 go further ahead to open the lock which will make them appear.

Can they be killed on that high platform with a ranger? No one has tried it yet with me.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 21, 2007, 06:53 AM
I have completed uploading. There are three parts, though. Not a speed run or anything xD. Just wanted to show one way to fully complete the area.

Has three parts, which includes the EX1 mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856mWl57mN8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqI7VMv2lgs

and the EX1 mission
http://www.youtube.com/v/0GGjDMmMRz4

If only I can get better frames I would probably have better quality videos xD... Oh well.

-Ryuki-
Oct 21, 2007, 07:03 AM
And DJ proves that you DON'T need a Gunner after all XD

Neith
Oct 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
Personally, I think it's faster if a Gunner snipes the Vandas over the gorge with Rifle/Bow, while the rest of the team concentrate on the Vandas/Druas on the same side you're on.

Also, Anga Jabroga helps out a ton against the Druas, might be worth considering if anyone's short for time.

For the friendship test, one easy way is to have a Gunner Freeze Trap the monsters, or a Hunter distract them, while the 2 friendship players run past. If you have a decent party, you can actually walk the friendship test until the monsters spawn. What I do is just before the monsters spawn, say '3, 2, 1, go', and both friendship players run past the monsters while the gunner/hunter does their work. Head to the fence to finish the test, get the chip, then make sure you kill the monsters. I've got a 10 on this a couple of times now, it's a lot easier than it looks.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 21, 2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a gunner sniping from afar would make it faster, but its good to know that its possible without one. I personally think FIs are pretty good to take out those alligators and dinosaurs, they can use a burn trap, and then beat them up with some melee while they burn.

Elley
Oct 21, 2007, 12:27 PM
I've read a lot about people having a hard time with this one. Luckily I got in to a party that managed a perfect on our first try! Keep at it and try the C rank for practice.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
Don't forget that once both keys are recovered, there will be an extra spawn in the first room.
You may be able to snipe 2 of them, but there's still a King Vanda there. Taking him out on A may be a bit difficult.

Neith
Oct 21, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-10-21 13:27, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Don't forget that once both keys are recovered, there will be an extra spawn in the first room.
You may be able to snipe 2 of them, but there's still a King Vanda there. Taking him out on A may be a bit difficult.

Nah, if you have a Gunner, the leader goes down ok. Me and my team have done it a few times in A and got 10 points, using a Fortegunner to snipe the Vandas. It does take a few shots, but it's not too bad. We still manage to get under 22 minutes easily using this method.

Although, it is nice to know there's another way, incase a Gunner isn't readily available.

BigBadWolf
Oct 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-10-21 10:27, Elley wrote:
I've read a lot about people having a hard time with this one. Luckily I got in to a party that managed a perfect on our first try! Keep at it and try the C rank for practice.

Thank you for the video DJ, now I can show my friends. After (finally) getting Platinum Perfect I can say that the mission isn't really hard, you just need to know what you're doing. The problem is that so many ppl have no idea what their doing!

This level 92 FT was proudly bragging about how she kicked me out of a party once because I was standing there shooting the mobs from across ledge with my bow, trying to get the mob kill. She said she wanted to get 8, and to c'mon, and I already told her that we were already at 16:00min by that point the only way to get 8 was to kill all the mobs, and bam I got kicked.

If you know what you're doing, or actually listen to instructions, then the mission is easy. Otherwise, a lot of fights will break out, because unlike Parum, there's no margin for error here. If you don't kill all the mobs you can't get 10, if you don't collect all the chips you can't get 8, and that pisses people off.

But instead of learning how to do it, they cry and disband and go back to spamming Parnum.

BigBadWolf
Oct 22, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-10-22 11:44, BigBadWolf wrote:

On 2007-10-21 10:27, Elley wrote:

Thank you for the video DJ, now I can show my friends. After (finally) getting Platinum Perfect I can say that the mission isn't really hard, you just need to know what you're doing. The problem is that so many ppl have no idea what their doing!

This level 92 FT was proudly bragging about how she kicked me out of a party once because I was standing there shooting the mobs from across ledge with my bow, trying to get the mob kill. She said she wanted to get 8, and to c'mon, and I already told her that we were already at 16:00min by that point the only way to get 8 was to kill all the mobs, and bam I got kicked.

If you know what you're doing, or actually listen to instructions, then the mission is easy. Otherwise, a lot of fights will break out, because unlike Parum, there's no margin for error here. If you don't kill all the mobs you can't get 10, if you don't collect all the chips you can't get 8, and that pisses people off.

But instead of learning how to do it, they cry and disband and go back to spamming Parnum.

Edit: Also can I get a confirmation on this? You need Platinum 10 on the four missions to get 30 Rappy feathers correct? You need Platinum Perfect on ALL the missions to get the final secret prize (I'm thinking Rappy Suit) right?
Because my friend was talking about all you need is just S rank, which could be 8,8,8,8 or 10,10,10,8 whatever.

Zorafim
Oct 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
Nice video. I think I'm going to try to get some perfects this week.

Tekershee
Oct 22, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think the first door stays open if you stay near it, so you could have opened the door and ran to the door.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
Yes the door stays up if you have someone stand near it, but our party was killing them and getting times like 16 minute completion that I didn't feel the need to make someone stand there xD...

BigBadWolf
Oct 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
sorry about the weird double post, I must have accidently pushed reply with quote instead of edit X_X