PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true?/psu rant

Darkly
Oct 20, 2007, 06:42 PM
So I am still loving 1up, but if it wasn't so damn good i would be throwing my 360 out of the window right now.

About 4/5 times on ragnus it freezes, it's starting to really stress me out. Finally a good event comes and something comes along that really does put a downer on the whole thing.

The best part is it never happens to my friend, so happily he goes off with the rest of the party to grab some loot whilst i'm busy resetting my console, it's one of those 'why me?' moments that just doesn't make sense.

I suppose the resolve is that it is only one mission and i can still (occasionally) access de ragnus. It's ironic that sega finally creates something the fans want and they still fudge it up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-10-20 16:44 ]</font>

Dragwind
Oct 20, 2007, 06:52 PM
Ouch, just think of the great rewards that would take you hella longer during normal missions. More than makes up for crashing and stuff, although its still annoying =

Darkly
Oct 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
exactly right. What keeps me going is that at least its here, so make the best of it.

Mystil
Oct 20, 2007, 11:43 PM
Yes thats the spirit.

If you're low level, its your time to shine in the high level lime light. Fight the good fight lol.

ulyoth
Oct 21, 2007, 05:32 PM
Im having the very same problem, just stopped playing because its really getting on my nerves. I want to know why its only certain people, none of my friends have this problem...

PJ
Oct 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Uh, I don't think it's Sega's fuck up that causes your console to freeze at Ragnus.

Powder Keg
Oct 21, 2007, 11:11 PM
Does this problem occur on PC/PS2 as well? I haven't heard anyone else mention it.

Nyreal
Oct 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
I've never seen it happen on PC/PS2. I'm rather sure that its xbox only.

Darkly
Oct 22, 2007, 07:36 AM
So i have officially given up on parum. I will just save up and buy a meteor cannon because im sick and tired of the same thing happening over and over, only for it to work just one time.

So i am going to stay on moatoob, hopefully they will fix the problem by the time parum comes back around

PJ
Oct 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
>_> Ever think it's just your game disc or your console?

I bet if more 360ers froze at De Ragnus because it's ST's fault, it'd be a bigger problem.

amtalx
Oct 23, 2007, 07:18 AM
Actually it is a pretty big problem... ST's sloppy coding strikes again. The only thing I've done to help is not even look at the dragon for the first 20 seconds or so. So if you see some guy off in the corner looking in the distance trying to heal with his back to the dragon, thats me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Does this actually help? Probably not, but it makes me feel like I can do something about it.

Darkly
Oct 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
I do strange quirks to try and avoid crashing too, the odd time i do parum with friends i make sure to run to his right side before attacking. the few times i dont crash - this is what i did.

panzer_unit
Oct 23, 2007, 12:57 PM
There was this guy I'd teamed up with a couple times yesterday who would disappear mid-mission or at the bossfight pretty reliably. A bit frustrating, that.

DikkyRay
Oct 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
Lol its the disk. I should know.
My forst PS2 disk went really fucked up. It didnt play ANY sound, took forever and a day to load, and i was never able to complete missions because my disk was unable to play the mission complete SFX. It was like a bad episode of the twighlight zone.
Anyway another PSU disk is probably only 20 bucks. At least thats how much my new PS2 one was