PDA

View Full Version : OMG I unloaded a clip into that guy!

PhotonDrop
Oct 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
While playing Rainbow Six Vegas, this and many other statements are things I hear all too often.

"I just unloaded a whole freakin clip into that guy and he didn't die!"

If you "unload a clip" into somebody and they are still walking around you obviously did not aim right.

"I just gave that guy a headshot! I saw the blood splatter and everything!"

This one is beyond control. There is probably a slight bit of lag going on, relax and compensate. It sucks, I know, but there's nothing that can be done til the lag clears up.

"Why is he using that MP5N/MP7A1/MP9/just about any other gun? It's such a noob gun!"

Usually people that say this were just killed by said weapon. Obviously the person using it is skilled with it, if you're going to call out noobs based on what weapon they use I suggest you put down your controller now.

"[clan name here] sucks! [Clan of person's belonging here] forever!"

This one is universal, but I here it often enough to warrant a mini-topic. Y'know I think it's GREAT that you feel so confident in your clan's skill. You probably are a quite skillful but all of it is irrelevant if you're going to make yourself look like an ass trying to put down a clan that you don't even know. Don't you even dare call out glitching when you get shot down by the same person you were talking shit to. Which brings me to...

"God damnit! That guy is glitching!"

Rainbow Six Vegas does have a lot of spots that could be considered a "glitch". Getting shot down by somebody that was behind cover because you were too absent-minded and stuck your head out for a moment too long does not instantly mean somebody is glitching.

"Hey why didn't you tell me they were coming?"

If I die I immediately call out where I was at and where my assassin is heading. It is not my fault in the least if you did not hear me.

"Yo, what the hell why did you shoot me?" / "I'm on your team, dumbass!"

Don't run out in front of me when I am shooting. Do not try to argue that "you were standing there the whole time". Simple.

"Geez you suck, how could you let those guys get by you?"

Sorry dude, maybe next time you'll pay attention when I say I need support at wherever I'm trying to hold. It wouldn't hurt you to stop running around the main room snatching up as many kills as you can and help out. Unless we are playing Sharpshooter your kill count is worthless if the opposing team can get by us.

"lol what a noob/OMG , he's using a Shield!"

Shields in this game are almost completely useless. You wouldn't beleive how many people I've seen go from laughing to crying over somebody using a Shield.

So what if somebody uses it? They lose a fuck-load of speed, can barely turn around, and are limited to a handgun. True, some people are insanely skilled with handguns, but what does it matter if you can run around behind them before they can do anything about it?

"BOOT THAT NOOB"

I like this one the best, because it most commonly comes from little kids and more commonly from british kids with absurdly heavy accents(No offense to my UK mates). Your rank, despite what you would like to think, is effectively useless and meaningless. If I'm hosting a game I decide who gets booted, not you. I don't mind if you do it in a calm, orderly manner and have a reason but I do not take orders from somebody that's half my age. If you argue that I will boot you.

"There should be a melee button."

This is not Halo. Rainbow Six is a Tactical Shooter. If you want melee and jump buttons, but don't like Halo then I suggest picking up Splinter Cell, it's just as good, or better than Rainbow if that's more to your likings.

- "I'd kill alot better, I unload clips into people and they don't die."

What people tend to ignore here is that if a melee option was available they'd be killed alot quicker aswell. It's like when explosives are blocked. The noobs are picked out swiftly because they don't know how to use their gun and have been relying on Frag Grenades to get kills. These same people who whine about explosives being blocked tend to ignore that everybody else gets to use them aswell.

I love run-on sentences.

BlackHat
Oct 22, 2007, 11:20 PM
I don't play Rainbow 6. I play Socom, but I can relate to some of that. Probably more people glitch on Socom though, because it's easier and not as refined as it should be.

On 2007-10-20 20:45, PhotonDrop wrote:
"I just unloaded a whole freakin clip into that guy and he didn't die!"

I hear that alot, most people are usually terrible at the game when they say that.

"I just gave that guy a headshot! I saw the blood splatter and everything!"

I hear that almost 8 times a day. One guy freaked out about it so bad we voted him out.

"Why is he using that MP5N/MP7A1/MP9/just about any other gun? It's such a noob gun!"

The only noob gun in Socom is the F90/M14A1. That's the only gun I usually get pissed about, However, I have heard people complaining about a 9MM Pistol being to good.

"Hey why didn't you tell me they were coming?"

I usually snipe when applicable and spot targets for the rest of my team. Communication hasn't been much of a problem for me when I play.

"Yo, what the hell why did you shoot me?" / "I'm on your team, dumbass!"

If you kill me on purpose I kill you. If you run me over with a vehicle constantly I kill you. If you try and kill me I kill you. Atleast I kill for a reason.

It's like when explosives are blocked. The noobs are picked out swiftly because they don't know how to use their gun and have been relying on Frag Grenades to get kills.

Explosive nubs are the worst. I usually don't call people noobs or say they are bad at the game until they spam frags and grenades constantly. I've seen mamny people booted from my own team that spam grenades. The people whom I usually play with don't bullshit on the grenade spamming, if you abuse explosives you'll get kicked.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 23, 2007, 12:15 AM
-_-

There is no such thing as a noob gun. Geez people get a grip, just because someone uses a gun that is not to your liking doesn't mean its a noobish move. Its called preference.

Grenade spamming? >.> Yeah, uh, sure. I flop thousands of grenades like this is DBZ or something. Again the game is designed to allow the use of grenades. If someone is using it too often, well, that just goes with their style.

I dont understand, the more I play this game the more I realize that I have to play the same exact way, use the same exact weapon, and do the same exact things as all my team members. yes, that sounds like a load of fun.

Granted, this is supposed to be a military type simmulation game, but frankly, does anyone actually call each other, make detailed plans with reconnaisance maps drawned out and synchronize their watches and have their position all preplaned before even getting onto the field? If not, just play the dam game and dont try to get killed. Game people. Its not an actual war you know.

Also... if people dont voice the way the game is going to be played as in: "Please refrain from constant use of grenades, or you will be booted" I really cant see how you can call them noobs because they do use grenades. Now if you (or anyone) had set down some ground rules before engaging in the game and said person deliberately breaks thems, by all means, boot them. This game requires team work in the truest sense of the word.

BlackHat
Oct 23, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-10-22 22:15, Scejntjynahl wrote:
-_-

There is no such thing as a noob gun. Geez people get a grip, just because someone uses a gun that is not to your liking doesn't mean its a noobish move. Its called preference.

Gun that requires no skill to shoot - Noob gun.

Grenade spamming? >.> Yeah, uh, sure. I flop thousands of grenades like this is DBZ or something. Again the game is designed to allow the use of grenades. If someone is using it too often, well, that just goes with their style.

Spamming 1hit weapons for 30 minute games x5 rounds - No skill.

I dont understand, the more I play this game the more I realize that I have to play the same exact way, use the same exact weapon, and do the same exact things as all my team members. yes, that sounds like a load of fun.

2 weapons and no abuse of grenades, doesn't sound like 16 people will be using the same weapon.

Granted, this is supposed to be a military type simmulation game, but frankly, does anyone actually call each other, make detailed plans with reconnaisance maps drawned out and synchronize their watches and have their position all preplaned before even getting onto the field? If not, just play the dam game and dont try to get killed. Game people. Its not an actual war you know.

Umm... what?

Also... if people dont voice the way the game is going to be played as in: "Please refrain from constant use of grenades, or you will be booted" I really cant see how you can call them noobs because they do use grenades. Now if you (or anyone) had set down some ground rules before engaging in the game and said person deliberately breaks thems, by all means, boot them. This game requires team work in the truest sense of the word.

Theres a differance between using grenades tactically and throwing them wildly. Theres a differance between using an Airburst efficiently than running around the map only shooting them.

Spawn camping, for example, requires no skill. Spawn camping under any circumstances isn't right. It doesn't make you any better at the game.

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2007, 06:13 AM
Come to Battlefield 2142. You'll see nade spammers aplenty, especially with the way the system is implemented: a Support soldier drops an ammo box next to himself, and starts throwing nades. Infinitely. His supply is limitless. If two Supports gang up together and time their intervals well enough, they can effectively block the way without risk and punish anyone who dares to poke his nose around the corner.

Next are clip unloads. This happens with frightening regularity: I come up behind someone who hasn't seen me - point-blank range, I even kneel down to be even closer to him (or to breathe down his ass, I dunno, whatever makes you happy). Now, my heavy assault rifle contains 15 bullets, and only about 5 of them are enough to kill the guy. But too often, I empty the clip, the guy survives, turns around, shoots me once with his pistol, and I go from full health to zero.

Happens a lot with knives you. Even though the weapon is an instakill, you generally need to swipe the thing two or three times for the hit to ever register.

amtalx
Oct 23, 2007, 07:12 AM
If someone is consistently killing you with a 'noob' weapon, then obviously you are noob as well... If what they are doing works, leave them alone. People that go around yelling "wut? noob cannon lolz" and bitch about it when they die are just sore about getting taken out. Do whatever you have to do to give yourself the advantage. If you like the 'pro' weapons, by all means use them. But don't rip on other players for their weapon choice, particularly if its working.

Schubalts
Oct 23, 2007, 08:05 AM
Noob weapon = anything that kills very fast yet is unproportionately easy to use.

Powder Keg
Oct 23, 2007, 08:41 AM
lol, I remember in SOCOM 2 everyone would whine about the IW-80 and I would promptly reply "Uhh...I believe the object of the game is to be a winner, not a whiner, thanks." If they threatened to vote for something so stupid, I'd just teamkill them and leave, because I know that'll piss them off if something as little as a weapon does.

omegapirate2k
Oct 23, 2007, 09:21 AM
You have vegas too? Awesome, I should play you some time.

I don't play many competetive matches in vegas for those reasons mainly (and lag is a bitch in that game sometimes, honestly), I mainly just play terrorist hunt or story co-op with a few friends.

Although one time I made a terrorist hunt match and I had one public slot open since I was only bringing 2 friends in and if we had one more person it'd be a full game (And for the hardest difficulty of terrorist hunt having a full group makes it much easier), by my luck I get some 12 year old kid, ok, I can deal with that. I tell him the 2 private slots are for my friends, so we started up a match to kill time waiting, and this fucking kid invites one of HIS friends in, another 12 year old.

I ask this kid "Hey, tell your friend to leave I need both those private slots" to which the kid replies "No I get to bring one of my friends and you get to bring one of your friends in". Uhhh what? I made the game and had two friend slots for a reason, which I told you as soon as you entered, don't be so stupid as to think you can invite one of your friends, effectively barring one of my friends entry into MY game, and I'll let that fucking slide.

People on xbox live really piss me off sometimes.

McLaughlin
Oct 23, 2007, 11:15 AM
My general FPS strategy is, "if it's there, I'm going to use it."

If it's such a goddamn noob tactic, it should be easy for you to figure out a counterattack. But no, you dumbasses keep flooding through the door in a single-file line into the barrel of my shotgun. If it works, I'm going to keep doing it until it doesn't work anymore. Call me a camper, or a Shotgun whore, or whatever, but know that I can't hear you, because you're dead.

Now, certain things I won't do because of my own ethics and morals, like that grenade blockade example Kodia explained. And I won't glitch out of a map either. If someone else does it, they usually get cocky and lean a little too far into my crosshair, and pop goes their weasel.

BlackHat
Oct 23, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-10-23 05:12, amtalx wrote:
If someone is consistently killing you with a 'noob' weapon, then obviously you are noob as well... If what they are doing works, leave them alone. People that go around yelling "wut? noob cannon lolz" and bitch about it when they die are just sore about getting taken out. Do whatever you have to do to give yourself the advantage. If you like the 'pro' weapons, by all means use them. But don't rip on other players for their weapon choice, particularly if its working.

I consider myself fairly good at Socom. I rarely get killed by the F90, except one someone sneaks up on me, and even then I don't call them a noob, because I was dead from behind no matter what gun they were using. I was simply stating that the F90 doesn't require much skill to use, so noobs flock to the gun.

On 2007-10-23 06:41, Artea wrote:
lol, I remember in SOCOM 2 everyone would whine about the IW-80 and I would promptly reply "Uhh...I believe the object of the game is to be a winner, not a whiner, thanks."

I suck with the IW. I rarely play on the Seals enough to use it anyway.

Solstis
Oct 23, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-10-23 09:15, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
My general FPS strategy is, "if it's there, I'm going to use it."

If it's such a goddamn noob tactic, it should be easy for you to figure out a counterattack. But no, you dumbasses keep flooding through the door in a single-file line into the barrel of my shotgun. If it works, I'm going to keep doing it until it doesn't work anymore. Call me a camper, or a Shotgun whore, or whatever, but know that I can't hear you, because you're dead.

Now, certain things I won't do because of my own ethics and morals, like that grenade blockade example Kodia explained. And I won't glitch out of a map either. If someone else does it, they usually get cocky and lean a little too far into my crosshair, and pop goes their weasel.

If there is a shotgun or a sniper rifle in a game, I will use and abuse those weapons until I get tired of the lack of a challenge. But, yeah, shotty whore? Use a nade and take care of it, dummies.

Still, playing with the weakest weapon is kinda fun sometimes.

PhotonDrop
Oct 23, 2007, 06:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with using any of the guns available. Unless its the XM-26 LSS. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Darkly
Oct 23, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm from the uk and it's strange that, aside from the general douche-baggery from americans, it's english kids that piss me off the most. Obviously it's not the accent that bothers me it's how they come out with really generic insults like 'yo shut up. all americans are just fat anway' as a response to getting killed. However don't get me started on american kids squeal voices.

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2007, 07:44 PM
I wonder just what the hell those heliums are doing in the first place on a game that's rated for people 16 and older.

I'll stick to TF2, kthx. Playing on the Disco Van server is a total blast, someone plays music while everyone else calls each other a *fag over the voicechat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

BlackHat
Oct 23, 2007, 10:02 PM
Man, there was an 8 year old on Socom cursing at everyone in the room. Kind of funny to hear a little voice cursing. Not sure even if it was a male O.o, any way, "he" would call everyone a "biotch" for stealing his kills. Funny shit though.

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
See, this is why not a single parent in the entire world should allow his kid to play online games. If the game is rated T, wait 'till he's 13. If it's rated R, wait 'till he's 16. But no. People are such fucking idiots that they'll go ahead and let their kids fag up everyone else's day by hopping into an online game and acting like a complete retard. These kids are the ones who spam chat in all caps and yell at everyone over TS for every littelest thing somebody did wrong. They are so used to playing single-player games where they are near-invincible that getting fragged means the end of the world to them. They're not made for online games. They're not even made for social interaction. It's like picking up someone with no arms and placing him into a Formula 1. There will be crashes and there will be deaths. But everyone's too stupid to realize it. It's MY SON CAN PLAY ANY GAME HE LIKES CUZ WE LIVE IN AMERIKA N ITS A FREE CUNTRY LOL!

Too bad the word "free country" doesn't imply shooting people at point-blank range with a Winchester. I'd be freeing the country from those hinderances pretty quickly, thank you very much.

omegapirate2k
Oct 23, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-10-23 20:15, KodiaX987 wrote:
See, this is why not a single parent in the entire world should allow his kid to play online games. If the game is rated T, wait 'till he's 13. If it's rated R, wait 'till he's 16. But no. People are such fucking idiots that they'll go ahead and let their kids fag up everyone else's day by hopping into an online game and acting like a complete retard. These kids are the ones who spam chat in all caps and yell at everyone over TS for every littelest thing somebody did wrong. They are so used to playing single-player games where they are near-invincible that getting fragged means the end of the world to them. They're not made for online games. They're not even made for social interaction. It's like picking up someone with no arms and placing him into a Formula 1. There will be crashes and there will be deaths. But everyone's too stupid to realize it. It's MY SON CAN PLAY ANY GAME HE LIKES CUZ WE LIVE IN AMERIKA N ITS A FREE CUNTRY LOL!

Too bad the word "free country" doesn't imply shooting people at point-blank range with a Winchester. I'd be freeing the country from those hinderances pretty quickly, thank you very much.

Quoted for epic, epic truth.

BlackHat
Oct 23, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-10-23 20:15, KodiaX987 wrote:

You sir, are a genius.

Schubalts
Oct 24, 2007, 08:01 AM
Adults do that, too, though.

Solstis
Oct 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
I've had to deal with some bratty Canadians on Xbox Live, and by deal with I mean I left the game. Since when did the suburban ghetto get to Canada? How is that still cool?

_truth_
Oct 24, 2007, 10:36 AM
Facts: (Pertaining to Socom CA)

F90=nubbery.
HK7=nubbery.
203's n GL's=nubbery.

They are ridiculously too easy to get headshots with.

Dre_o
Oct 24, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ahh I remember my days in Rainbow 6:3 and Black Arrow...sooo many kills against people who had no idea what the fuck happened to them...oh those were the days. So many random kills that would look SO FREAKING AWESOME on slow motion replay.

Anyways my way to deal with noobs is this: If they whine about being killed, kill them faster next time. They'll probably leave. If they don't leave, proceed to introduce them to your friend from Italy. THE BOOT.

BlackHat
Oct 24, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-10-24 08:36, _truth_ wrote:
Facts: (Pertaining to Socom CA)

F90=nubbery.
HK7=nubbery.
203's n GL's=nubbery.

They are ridiculously too easy to get headshots with.

YES!

Im glad someone agrees with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Oct 25, 2007, 12:04 AM
I always use machine guns and shotguns in shootin' gaems, as my aim isn't that good, so more bullets = more better, but once that fails, I'll start ambushing peeps w/ shotgun.

BlackHat
Oct 25, 2007, 12:42 AM
I usually go for the snipers. Far from danger and I can help my team by scouting for enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Weeaboolits
Oct 25, 2007, 01:19 AM
I take too long to line up shots, my friend is really good at it, though.

Schubalts
Oct 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
Real snipaz run around and get headshots from 5 feet away!

Solstis
Oct 25, 2007, 08:23 AM
On 2007-10-25 06:08, Schubalts wrote:

Did you say 5 feet? Point blank range, CoD 1 style sniper-shotgun. Well, until they fixed that (mostly) in a patch. And, well, put it back in with CoD 2, basically.

Yay for panic shots.

Anyway, people could call be a FPS noob, but I do get most of my kills by sneaking up on people or suprising them (such as jumping into a crowd with a machine gun and a grenade, always fun). Pro-active camping.

omegapirate2k
Oct 25, 2007, 09:33 AM
On 2007-10-25 06:08, Schubalts wrote:

That may be, but real snipers keep a distance and take shots when they can.

BlackHat
Oct 25, 2007, 10:54 AM
I'm fairly quick on the shots. Nothing like killing 3/5 people out of a TOW on devils road while the TOW is driving away from you.

Weeaboolits
Oct 25, 2007, 11:34 AM
I rely almost entirely on ambushes when I play, especially since my friend (the only person I ever really played against, since the only FPS I own is Metroid Prime) is a sniper, I can't exactly be out in the open.

_truth_
Oct 25, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-10-25 08:54, BlackHat wrote:
I'm fairly quick on the shots. Nothing like killing 3/5 people out of a TOW on devils road while the TOW is driving away from you.

Nothing like taking spawn 2 on Storm Front, and quick sniping 5 people in 5 seconds ;D Or Prowler for that matter..

BlackHat
Oct 27, 2007, 01:06 AM
On 2007-10-25 10:59, _truth_ wrote:

On 2007-10-25 08:54, BlackHat wrote:

Nothing like taking spawn 2 on Storm Front, and quick sniping 5 people in 5 seconds ;D Or Prowler for that matter..

Haha I hardly ever play Storm Front, usually demo when I do.