PDA

View Full Version : About whips...once again

ChaosAngel92
Oct 21, 2007, 10:32 PM
I read on some part on psupedia that A rank whips can only be synthed with zon and di photons. That means you can only synth them with ground and thunder electricity propeties. 2 questions to those AoI experts

1) The only whip that can be synthed with any element is the S rank?

2) This means that WT can only use ground and eletricity whips?

To you in advance, have a nice night.

EphekZ
Oct 21, 2007, 10:37 PM
think it varies between *s but i know kubara can be synthed with any element.

Zorafim
Oct 21, 2007, 10:38 PM
Certain whips can only be synthed with certain elements, yes. I'm not sure of the restrictions, but each whip is different. Also, each element changed the effect on the whip.
There are also Kubara whips, which can have any element, but only have one status effect no matter what you synth it with.

Genoa
Oct 21, 2007, 10:43 PM
They'll probably make more Kubara weapons (even whips) with specific designs for even A ranks (such as the Frying Pan and what not) in the future. Whether or not they'll be elemental specific is another story.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 21, 2007, 10:46 PM
7* Whip is Ground/Electric
8* Whip is Light/Dark
Kubara A-Rank whip is any element, with a fixed SE (which I never remember)

So no, WT is not stuck with those 2.

ChaosAngel92
Oct 21, 2007, 10:49 PM
But there are only 2 whips right? the A rank of Tenora and the S from kubara.

ChaosAngel92
Oct 21, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-10-21 20:46, beatrixkiddo wrote:
8* Whip is Light/Dark

Thanks, thats what i was expecting to hear, but to be honest, im quite dissapointed for not having whips with the most enemy elements (Ice, Fire)

ChaosAngel92
Oct 21, 2007, 10:58 PM
Wait, wasnt there an S rank whip?

gryphonvii
Oct 21, 2007, 10:59 PM
I think that this is fine, since whips can hit multiple targets, the shock on the lightning would be quite nice.
Question: anybody know what level the status effects are on the whips, can you say: infect or shock a polavahra or a jarba?

pikachief
Oct 21, 2007, 11:01 PM
On 2007-10-21 20:52, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

On 2007-10-21 20:46, beatrixkiddo wrote:
8* Whip is Light/Dark

Thanks, thats what i was expecting to hear, but to be honest, im quite dissapointed for not having whips with the most enemy elements (Ice, Fire)

the elements are very well divided in the expansions, there is an all lgiht level, all electric leel, adn all ground level now.

So there isnt really a big gap in between elements anymore their fixing that pretty well so far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EphekZ
Oct 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-10-21 20:59, gryphonvii wrote:
I think that this is fine, since whips can hit multiple targets, the shock on the lightning would be quite nice.
Question: anybody know what level the status effects are on the whips, can you say: infect or shock a polavahra or a jarba?

Vishi (electric): shock LV4
Vishi (ground): silence LV4
Vishi Tien (light): sleep LV2
Vishi Adan (dark): infection LV2
Vishi Adac: paralysis LV2

(Pulled from the Japanese wiki.)

gryphonvii
Oct 21, 2007, 11:35 PM
oh man, only infection level 2, guess I might be using mostly lightning, but that paralysis seems pretty good though.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 21, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-10-21 20:58, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

And the post I was replying to was asking about the whips WTs can use. Which means, not S-Rank ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-10-21 21:39 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Oct 22, 2007, 12:03 AM
On 2007-10-21 21:39, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2007-10-21 20:58, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

And the post I was replying to was asking about the whips WTs can use. Which means, not S-Rank ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-10-21 21:39 ]</font>

Well yeah i know. But i only wanted to know if there is an S rank whip, cause i dont want to make my cowgirl beast an AT only for that one.

EphekZ
Oct 22, 2007, 12:28 AM
Well yeah i know. But i only wanted to know if there is an S rank whip, cause i dont want to make my cowgirl beast an AT only for that one.

of course there'll be S-rank whips.

oh man, only infection level 2, guess I might be using mostly lightning, but that paralysis seems pretty good though.

eh, what you should do is get both, for grunt enemies; slap some infection then shock. Sounds like a deadly combo to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-10-21 22:30 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Oct 22, 2007, 11:35 PM
Cant wait to use this things. Thanks to all.

chibiLegolas
Oct 29, 2007, 11:36 AM
Something's been bugging me lately the more I think about whips.
I'd ASSUME only the PA's on whips would deal out SE and not just the normal melee combo?
I could only imagine that ST would want us to use PP to spread SE around.
If so, with the whip's multi target ability and slight PP gain from normal combos, isn't it easy to get back PP, just to deal more SE all over again?
And is the PP cost expensive in general? (I'm not sure what the ratio of the cost per PA compared to the max PP the whip gets).

I remember Itsuki stating the the whip's (PA Teir 1) range is comprable to the sword's range. So one can't exactly SE cheese all the time as I think they can?

I'm both disapointed and glad that GT's lost whips. They really look fun to use, but it would of been cheese with a SE weapon on BOTH hands.
whips: silence/sleep/Shock + crossbow: burn/virus = broken.
ST's gotta make us switch weapons at LEAST if we wanna SE combo things, which I'm glad they did.