PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell People, Patience is key!

Kimil
Oct 22, 2007, 04:04 AM
I keep hearing how ppl are braking the S rank they are getting from the missions... And All I can think of it is...

We are getting a 20-25% Synth Boost after 1UP Cup

Now...
Melee S rank on a full PM - 80%
Range/Force S rank on a full PM - 75%

Add up 25%? Guess what!? 100% Chance!
If you synth it and brake, don't complain, you should have waited...

Ranting Aside

Just hold off your S rank synthing till the week after 1 Up ppl please -.-

Miyoko
Oct 22, 2007, 04:11 AM
Counter-arguement: Getting those S-ranks done and out of the oven could conceivably mean people killing things faster and more efficiently, thus resulting in faster missions, which ALSO results in more S-ranks being found and made.

Really, who cares if they break them or not. >_> If they want to take the risk, more power to them?

CyarVictor
Oct 22, 2007, 04:15 AM
I'm cooking 4 mugunruks right now. I'll be able to get more if they do break. Been doing moatoob and will be till next mission release. So much mats are dropping even within the regular mission before the ex, why not make em now?

Neith
Oct 22, 2007, 04:48 AM
There's no point waiting on 10* items that drop in the Cup. If it breaks, get another. While I can feel for people who break 11*'s, is there any confirmation the rate WOULD go to 100%?

Dragwind
Oct 22, 2007, 05:31 AM
Hmm, really? Getting S rank isn't hard at all, really....Usually S them everytime ;D

Rashiid
Oct 22, 2007, 06:40 AM
chances of getting 5mil - SLIM

ppl have skool now - there goes 1/2 of PSU for 1/2 the day - meaning 1/2 the points we made so far.

you get so many anyway - why not make them now.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 22, 2007, 06:52 AM
I believe in JPN the synth rate maxed out at 90%.... just saying it still won't be 100%
at least from what I heard

THE JACKEL

New_One
Oct 22, 2007, 06:58 AM
Well its not like they're inexpenable, so why not ay?
I'm synthing 1 out of 3 tries of a Rabol Dunga right now with a 25% chance. Wish me luck >_>

Theoderic
Oct 22, 2007, 07:03 AM
Miyoko, S Ranks DO NOT make anyone stronger. Compare Blackbull to Phantom (9) I just cranked one out last night...). Blackbull has more ATA, and that's it. No Grinder S means grinded A ranks will allow one to be stronger. People are so quick to be the 1st with this or that, and synth up tons of half-assed pieces of trash. I recommend people hold on to their 10*s until after the cup (assuming we achieve the points for the synth reward), and maybe even until after AoI, when we get increased synth anyway, and the %s on things will average around 26-28 (doesn't apply to Ranger and Force weapons). In AoI, if things fail, you get better shit than a damned monomate...

I hope I didn't come across as rude, I was just countering your counter-argument with an example of numbers, and then decided to rant a little myself.

As far as what I think people should be doing, I think I'm done trying to give advice. Let them all blow S Ranks. Let the palette of Halarods replace Howrod (10). Watch all the S Ranks blind the lamb into synthing and using Uransara over trying to grind Magical Wand... Seriously, do it. More value for my shit when I synth it. Saves me money.

Eleina
Oct 22, 2007, 07:17 AM
Waiting 4 weeks = pointless by then aoi comes and the current 10*s will be junk

Rashiid
Oct 22, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-10-22 05:03, Theoderic wrote:
Miyoko, S Ranks DO NOT make anyone stronger. Compare Blackbull to Phantom (9) I just cranked one out last night...). Blackbull has more ATA, and that's it. No Grinder S means grinded A ranks will allow one to be stronger. People are so quick to be the 1st with this or that, and synth up tons of half-assed pieces of trash. I recommend people hold on to their 10*s until after the cup (assuming we achieve the points for the synth reward), and maybe even until after AoI, when we get increased synth anyway, and the %s on things will average around 26-28 (doesn't apply to Ranger and Force weapons). In AoI, if things fail, you get better shit than a damned monomate...

I hope I didn't come across as rude, I was just countering your counter-argument with an example of numbers, and then decided to rant a little myself.

As far as what I think people should be doing, I think I'm done trying to give advice. Let them all blow S Ranks. Let the palette of Halarods replace Howrod (10). Watch all the S Ranks blind the lamb into synthing and using Uransara over trying to grind Magical Wand... Seriously, do it. More value for my shit when I synth it. Saves me money.

just to say somthin - the day the expansion is released - we are able to grind S ranks.

seeing that it isnt far till expansion (after cuppy) ppl will take all of their made S ranks and begin the grinding process.

and for melee - a 50% Mugunruk is stronger then a 50% muktrand - you get tha balls to grind a 50% muktrand to match the power of tha mugunruk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

enjoy your Phantom (9) now - cause after the cup - there will be blackbulls grinded.

unless you wear that crappy Phantom Line (or scape-losing line as i call it)

amtalx
Oct 22, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-10-22 04:58, New_One wrote:
I'm synthing 1 out of 3 tries of a Rabol Dunga right now with a 25% chance. Wish me luck >_>

O.o Which rank does that drop from?

PJ
Oct 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
Uh... 75% chance.

If it breaks, that's just unlucky, it's not MORE likely going to break. You might as well synth it as you get it, assuming you have the materials.

Rizen
Oct 22, 2007, 08:17 AM
On 2007-10-22 05:46, amtalx wrote:

I got one to drop yesterday on B. I think it was EX 1.

amtalx
Oct 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-10-22 06:17, Rizen wrote:

I know what I'll be doing tonight... I've been waiting for a Dunga set for AGES. Anyone know what the set bonus is?

Golto
Oct 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Waiting is not pointless because a lot of the sranks that drop in 1up will not recieve the increased drop rates in the new AOI missions. Next JPN update might change this but we will have to see what the drop changes are. JPN got to 100% with the bonus, thus the fix to pc/ps2 100% success glitch.

Rashiid
Oct 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
if you are making S boards to KEEP - then wait.

if you are making S boards to SELL - then go for it now.

Broodstar1337
Oct 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-10-22 04:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I believe in JPN the synth rate maxed out at 90%.... just saying it still won't be 100%
at least from what I heard

THE JACKEL

Bingo. Synth rates max out at 90% here. There isn't a weapon in the game that has a 100% chance for success, not even a Saber synthed with a pure striking bot.

Rashiid
Oct 22, 2007, 08:53 AM
*cough* Halp Serafi/Twin Bear Claw *cough cough*

Golto
Oct 22, 2007, 09:35 AM
Pwand and Gaozoran Rod max out at 98% too w/o reward bonus:P

Gen2000
Oct 22, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-10-22 06:33, amtalx wrote:

I know what I'll be doing tonight... I've been waiting for a Dunga set for AGES. Anyone know what the set bonus is?

As for Rabol Dunga (drops from navals in Moatoob B EX1), the set bonus is +68ATP(to each bullet),+25DEF, and +35ATA. Link to its set bonus info and others found here: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=152448&forum=22

Since it's a lower star item combined with the increase drop, it's VERY easy to get. Sometimes you get 4-6 of em per run. Also for Knuckles fan, the Rabol Gant (set with Gudda Gant) drops from the end boxes of the same EX mission too sometimes.

Turambar
Oct 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
Here's a thought. Let people do what they want? Does people failing synths hurt you in anyway?

CyarVictor
Oct 22, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-10-22 07:55, Turambar wrote:
Here's a thought. Let people do what they want? Does people failing synths hurt you in anyway?

Exactly. I know we'll most likely save kubara [B]s for the last week due to their low success rate, but still. These ex missions have crazy drops. No point in being stingy and saving everything. I watch a techer destroy a few magical wands to get 4 or 5 to 10. These boards have high success rates as they are for the most part, scared to lose the only board you got? Then maybe wait. For those who keep getting them, let them do what they want.

Noblewine
Oct 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
I haven't really bothered with synthsizing since the 1-up cup started. I've only gotten a couple of ex mission but the rare drops weren't really good however I don't think I want to try. The people that want to be impatient and synthesize however It's really their fault if the weapons breaks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Oct 22, 2007, 04:44 PM
Was I able to be here during the cup I'd definitely wait till the synth boost.

I know I'm having my good buddies wait until the rate boost to synth my stuff that they find me during the cup http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kimil
Oct 22, 2007, 07:30 PM
These Weps wont be useless in Aoi -.-
What, you think Aoi = instant 11* and 12* Weps? lol no. 10* Weps will still be good.
Hell, if you wait till AoI to Synth the ones with elemental %, you just might end up with one that isn't, ya know, 12% ? lol

Miyoko
Oct 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-10-22 05:03, Theoderic wrote:

Oh no no, I understand that a fully grinded 9* is better. But I'm speaking theoretically. For many, that 10* WILL be an improvement over their 9*s, because they can't get a high grind 9* (I know, for the life of me, I can't get one. T_T I have TERRIBLE grinding luck).

I'm not speaking in absolutes. Just possibilities http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(And don't worry, you didn't come off as rude!)

Golto
Oct 22, 2007, 08:39 PM
I feel bad for the rattlesnake but if they sould have waited. It has 85% success in AOI plus we will probably reach the +15% to weapon snyth from 1up meaning 100% success.

-Ryuki-
Oct 22, 2007, 09:02 PM
Considering how hard it is to get these synth mats for a Bil de Axe, I'm going to take my chances when we get that 25% boost (IF we get that 25% boost). 80% is a lot better than a 56% chance..

Golto
Oct 22, 2007, 09:18 PM
RyukiZero bil de axe snyth rate in 100 striking pm 90% with element in AOI. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So good chance with the two week 1up bonus and AOI snyth changes 100% is quite possible.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 23, 2007, 02:54 AM
do I have to repeat myself?

I remember quite distinctly being told by a JPN server player that synths would not increase to 100% despite the bonus, and they capped out at 90%. So if we get 25% increase, weapons with 85%, go to 90%, with 75%, go to 90%, with 50%, go to 75%.

But I KNOW, I was told it caps at 90%

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Oct 23, 2007, 07:36 AM
well i want ppl to make tha mugunruks now - while i still want them

come expansion - im gonna want that huge Yohemi spear - looks so badass

amtalx
Oct 23, 2007, 07:42 AM
Yohmei....ewwww http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Question: Assuming we get the +25% synth bonus from 1UP, and it will NOT be stacked on the AoI increase, which will be higher?

Rashiid
Oct 23, 2007, 07:44 AM
its hard to tell - since JP had 'Famitsu' before Aoti.

ST decided to just throw it in b4 it - so some prizes are kinda odd and useless.

only time will tell.

Yohmei > all!!!!!!!!!!
moar photony artz ftw!!

Golto
Oct 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
Well Jackel how do you explain Pwand and Gaozron Rods having 98%? Also I'll repeat myself again, they did get to 100% which caused them to finally fix the 100% glitch for JPN pc/ps2. Who told you it cappped at 90%?

str898mustang
Oct 23, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-10-22 06:33, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-10-22 06:17, Rizen wrote:

attack 68 accuracy 25 Def 35 it'll be stronger than a mamba +10 if u get a dunga to +10

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: str898mustang on 2007-10-23 08:32 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Oct 23, 2007, 05:50 PM
I say let people break all their S ranks during the cup, the weapons themselves are becoming worthless as it is. This way they'll retain at least a little value >.>

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2007, 08:19 AM
I agree with Rashiid that Yohmei does indeed > all, not because of PP, but because of looks. Seriously people, stats are pointless when a weapon looks either butt ugly or just plain boring.

Kimil
Oct 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-10-23 08:09, Golto wrote:
Well Jackel how do you explain Pwand and Gaozron Rods having 98%? Also I'll repeat myself again, they did get to 100% which caused them to finally fix the 100% glitch for JPN pc/ps2. Who told you it cappped at 90%?

QFT

amtalx
Oct 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-10-24 06:19, Shiroryuu wrote:
I agree with Rashiid that Yohmei does indeed > all, not because of PP, but because of looks. Seriously people, stats are pointless when a weapon looks either butt ugly or just plain boring.

You have fun fondling your weapon while I'm already in the next block killing everything with my all Tenora arsenal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Besides Yohmei weapons look like something from the bargain bin at Toys 'r' Us or Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Overall I agree that looks are nice. But when there's a job to be done, it's time to put away the Tonka toys and get down to business.

CyarVictor
Oct 24, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-10-24 06:19, Shiroryuu wrote:

Yohmei weapons look like flower vases, over-sized super soakers, and honestly sad. I laughed when I saw their double sabers. I think I'll stick to GRM and Tenora Works, especially the Tenora 2h sword, claws, and machine gun.

Even at 100% if that was possible, a pm still can fail it knowing how this system is. What's so wrong with breaking weapons during the event. All you do is go back in and do some more ex missions. I made all 4 mugunruks and sold them all off a few hrs after. Made 8.1mil with little effort. With all these mats, I'm just synthing what i feel like. Finished off my 4 caliburn [B]s and will soon pump out dark muktrands. Live alittle. This is the reason people use their shops as storage and makes it that much harder to find mats/boards to buy. 99999999 ftl.