PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime?

kizzycrew
Oct 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
Wondering if there is any scheduled (or otherwise) downtime today? Just tried to log in, and I've got the maintenance error!

Turbobrain
Oct 22, 2007, 07:16 AM
Not perpeitent to the original post but you live like 16 miles away from me.... I only know of two other people locally that are on this game. 1 on PC/PS2 and the other on 360....

I dont believe there is a problem however.

I know from ppl on 360 that at times it does odd things re logging on... and it seems that in the EU we get more problems(low ping?)

kizzycrew
Oct 22, 2007, 07:19 AM
Hehe, madness, where are you, Didcot? Wokingham? Something like that? Good to have more local players, I've been a PSO player for years n years!

On topic, I don't have a low ping, I have a huge 20meg internet connection that's dedicated for the Xbox. I guess I'll give it a try later : I have things in synth I want to check on too!

Turbobrain
Oct 22, 2007, 07:26 AM
Slough.... 'that place'.

I come to Reading sometime when I want to pub/club without getting 'trouble'(you'll know what I mean'... it's er, rough here).

OT IDK what the problem could be. Are you on Virgin by any chance?

kizzycrew
Oct 22, 2007, 07:34 AM
Aaah, that place. I know all about that place, I've played gigs there, how uncool. We'll have to keep in touch though, pop [email protected] into yet MSN!

OT, Yeah, I am with bloody Virgin. Usually works fine though, and nothing's changed.

Turbobrain
Oct 22, 2007, 07:47 AM
K mate, I'll email you sometime. As I say, I come to Reading sometimes to party... I used to goto the Weatherspoons bars there(theres like 3 of them) and the other bars.... I once went to 'The Matrix but it was full of skanks(bad night?) I was the youngest there(look at my BD LOL).

But yeah... Virgin Media. Theres your problem. It's pretty bad this time of day. If you run a linespeed checker you may just be a bit sick.... and dont even think of caling them... then calling the 50p a minute number.... it'll do no good. Best advice I can give you is goto another ISP. Virgin(in pretty much 95% of cases) is pretty much a no goer for online gaming. Unless you want to party between 1am-4am(your speeds will be ok then... in general).

I know this as my mother(who is down the road from you also>Camberly was on NTL before they went to Virgin and it was pretty awfull then, she went to Sky(via BT) who are also pretty bad but consistantly bad. LOL she still gets the cable line free as they never disconnected it, when the ADSL went down on Firebreak and I was there I tried the old cable line out of desperartion and it was still on and still is to this day... very incompetenat company that worked in our favour. Myself I am on BT, it's ok.... but really the best piece of advice I can give you is to change ISP.... that will be a challenge itself(try and get your MAC code if your on ADSL... I know from friends) and dont be suckered in y their offers to keep you as they wont honour it.... good luck mate!

IsoDonk
Oct 22, 2007, 07:58 AM
On 2007-10-22 05:12, kizzycrew wrote:
Wondering if there is any scheduled (or otherwise) downtime today? Just tried to log in, and I've got the maintenance error!

Have you even slept?

I got this last Thursday too, before 1UP was due to start. No idea why. And yeah, I'm with NTL too but finding another Cable provider is a nightmare.