PDA

View Full Version : parum EX shortcuts: quick reference

tailz
Oct 23, 2007, 04:57 AM
not sure if this exact list has been posted, if so, sorry for the double post... but im just killing 10 minutes til my halarods done...

this is the fastest way to get S (8 points)

if you dont know how to tell the first portal set, you listen to them... the correct portal will make noise, the wrong portal wont make any noise

in block 2, look for the portal with the flower on it, then go to the one to the left of it... if the flower is on the left portal, you go in the right one

in block 4's turret room (5 box room) you can always skip the middle box, and 1 box on each side contains a turret that cant be destroyed, so try not to break the turret boxes
note: middle box contains svaltus

most people already knew that, so heres the stuff not everyone knows... at least the ones ive played with

ive confirmed these at least 5 times each, but ive heard there is still a possibility of B4 being random, so let me know... the last 10 runs ive done have worked perfectly

the entire run is based off of which portal you get at the start, so DONT forget it

RIGHT PORTAL AT START

Block 3:
kill the badira first and the key will drop early

Block 4:
only kill the volfu, no matter what side you're on
stair side--> pick the right switch at the top of the stairs
non-stair side--> pick the left switch in the hallway

B4 big box room:
key: stair side, furthest from the stairs
chip: locked door side, furthest from the door

LEFT PORTAL AT START

Block 3:
skip the badira and kill the vahra first, then go back to the gate and the key will drop early

Block 4:
only kill the golmoro, no matter what side you're on
stair side--> pick the left switch at the top of the stairs
non-stair side--> pick the right switch in the hallway

Block 4 turret room:
key: box in front of the stairs
chip: box in front the locked gate

hopefully this helps
and thanks to all who posted info on this map
im not taking credit for all this, im just trying to make a simple, one page guide

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2007-10-23 09:36 ]</font>

Wubbie
Oct 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
I can also confirm all the new information you've found out... Including B4...

desturel
Oct 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
Instead of saying "kill the golmoro first" or "kill the Volfu first" you should say "only kill the volfu" because once you kill the other creature, the door/gate relocks.

My group has been able to churn out 8~10 minute runs consistently on A rank. The only problem is we keep doing EX mission 1. I have so many Halarods I'm going to choke on them. >_<

I wish more stormline boards would drop, but I can't complain since the price on those are going down.

Sasamichan
Oct 23, 2007, 10:48 AM
Just want to add that Rappies only appear if the first portal in Block 1 is on the right. Haven't seen them appear on the left. I also see them appear is when Curtz is with you. I don't know what else that makes them appear.

So:

B1: Right portal
B2: ???
B3: Curtz

tailz
Oct 23, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-10-23 08:48, Sasamichan wrote:
Just want to add that Rappies only appear if the first portal in Block 1 is on the right. Haven't seen them appear on the left. I also see them appear is when Curtz is with you. I don't know what else that makes them appear.

So:

actually rappies appear on both sides:

On 2007-10-21 17:48, HFlowen wrote:
Maps for VR Parum are dependant on a few things:

B1: Starting teleport, left or right.
B2: Contents of the first box, and teleport.
B3: NPC and the left side enemy spawn.

RAPPY MAPS
---

b1: left
b2: Vahra, no key. middle teleport (flower on right teleport)
b3: Norphe. normal Vahra.
----------
b3: Curtz. normal vahra.
----------
b1: Left
b2: Vahra, key. Gate tele (flower on far left tele)
b3: Curtz, normal vahra
----------
b1: Right
b2: Doesn't matter
b3: Curtz. Vahra(Shield)

(Curtz's right side map can have anything in b2. Getting Curtz on the right always has rappies.)

We've been doing alot of reasearch with this: http://tinyurl.com/2hsy5s

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-21 18:22 ]</font>

ive tested and confirmed that list
dont forget the middle transport when its mentioned... i got the entire left side map correct with curtz but the flower wasnt on the right and no rappies

thanks for mentioning that desturel, ill change it

Soulvayne
Oct 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
I've found generally that with Curtz if you have to kill Vahras with the Defense buff (Shield) you tend to get rappies. Also in the relics site (rappy side) I generally go with the consensus Curtz or no npc = right switch. Bruce or Norphe=Left Switch and then reverse the switch needed for the other team.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 23, 2007, 11:42 AM
Question, has anyone heard these noises on PS2 versions? Because I'm having trouble differentiating. =/

Neith
Oct 23, 2007, 11:44 AM
The correct warp makes a pulsing noise- knock the music off on the PC version to hear it.

I'd also like to add that you can encounter Rappies if Norphe joins you too.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
I'm on PS2, but I'll try it when I do it next, it's kind of hard to tell for me for some reason. XD

tailz
Oct 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-10-23 09:39, Soulvayne wrote:
I've found generally that with Curtz if you have to kill Vahras with the Defense buff (Shield) you tend to get rappies. Also in the relics site (rappy side) I generally go with the consensus Curtz or no npc = right switch. Bruce or Norphe=Left Switch and then reverse the switch needed for the other team.

the rappy spawns are now posted, and that list is flawless
and the stair switch always matches the first block portal side, always...
i have 60+ maps with 3 witnesses to back me up here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
in fact, they can back up everything in this list, so thats always good hehe

tailz
Oct 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-10-23 09:48, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
I'm on PS2, but I'll try it when I do it next, it's kind of hard to tell for me for some reason. XD

ya sometimes its hard to tell... turn music off, SFX at 10 and keep ur volume up and u should easily be able to tell...

if that doesnt work,try what i do
set the SFX to 2, then adjust your tv volume up until it is normal volume, then right after you kill the first spawn, switch the SFX to 10 to hear the portal and switch it back when you find the right one... that way you dont blow ur head off with ur sound system during the entire run lol

or cheat and make someone else listen n follow them
like the rest of my party did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (hehe jk guys)

(wait, no im not...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2007-10-23 10:02 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Oct 23, 2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the rappy map info. That should help me farm rappy feathers.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 23, 2007, 05:45 PM
The room with the flower portal is always going clockwise for the shortest route.

So if you see a flower on one portal, go to the one towards the one clockwise of it.

Wallin
Oct 23, 2007, 06:34 PM
Not to bash anyone's hard work, but upon reflection, aren't the rappy tips kind of useless? The basis for being the correct map are:

This would be helpful, except that it's a combination of all 3, not just B1 or even B2. So you don't really know if you got a Rappy map until you meet your NPC, and then the methods listed above don't list Bruce at all, but people have found them with him, so you still have to check anyway because we don't have all the possible Rappy maps. And since all you need to do to get from the NPC spot to the ruins is to kill the two monsters on the left which takes like 30 seconds to kill and run on C-rank, there's really no point in checking charts or anything like that - just go in the ruins and find out since they're right there.

Has anyone found Rappies when there was no NPC at all? That would be the only exception to quitting early.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 23, 2007, 09:56 PM
You actually only have to kill one enemy in B3, technically. Just kill the "wrong" enemy and you fail the chip and the gate opens.

Raine_Loire
Oct 23, 2007, 10:09 PM
Ummm, I have now officially gotten rappies once, and my pattern was not one of these...

This was what I had...
B1 left portal
B2 Vahra, no key, flower all the way to the left
B3 Curtz, plain, non buffed Vahra

So the guide is not 100% complete yet. Also, I've had this exact same map over 10 times, and only had the rappies once. The only difference I could see was in B4, after the big box room, I've always had Volfu, but the one time I had rappies there were Golmoro. Of course that's after the fact, but...

On 2007-10-23 09:35, tailz wrote:

On 2007-10-23 08:48, Sasamichan wrote:

So:

actually rappies appear on both sides:

On 2007-10-21 17:48, HFlowen wrote:
Maps for VR Parum are dependant on a few things:

RAPPY MAPS
---

b3: Norphe. normal Vahra.
----------
b3: Curtz. normal vahra.
----------
b1: Left
b2: Vahra, key. Gate tele (flower on far left tele)
b3: Curtz, normal vahra
----------
b1: Right
b2: Doesn't matter
b3: Curtz. Vahra(Shield)

(Curtz's right side map can have anything in b2. Getting Curtz on the right always has rappies.)

We've been doing alot of reasearch with this: http://tinyurl.com/2hsy5s

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-21 18:22 ]</font>

ive tested and confirmed that list
dont forget the middle transport when its mentioned... i got the entire left side map correct with curtz but the flower wasnt on the right and no rappies

thanks for mentioning that desturel, ill change it