PDA

View Full Version : When are you planing to cook your S [b]?

milka
Oct 23, 2007, 07:22 AM
topic n_n;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milka on 2007-10-23 05:24 ]</font>

LP_Phoenix
Oct 23, 2007, 07:28 AM
i got synthed some yet, but those , which are on my main want list, no....i will use the grinded synth rates... why?
3 meteor cannons... rate with my pure pm: 75%
my pm is that useless..... only 1 survives....and the other 2? monomates...

Rashiid
Oct 23, 2007, 07:33 AM
whats all this cooking - PMs are not Easy Bake Ovens!

i make em as i get em - wheres the fun in waiting.

so far i made a desta (sold my bil de axe and mugunruk whille they still sold for 3mil-ish)

i have 2 Meaty-whore Kann0nz undergoing synthesis now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 23, 2007, 07:36 AM
I only cooked one S rank so far, a 2-headed Ragnus, and it came out a 20%. m/>.<m/

Guildenstern
Oct 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
I already made my Halarod-- it's my first S rank. It's wonderful and sparkly.

Neudaiz needs to be released already so I can get some S ranks I can actually use in AOI when I go Acrotecher. Uransara goooooooooooo!

Sylpheed
Oct 23, 2007, 08:09 AM
Every board ive found so far ive synthed and all three have come out, those being:

Desta
Meteor Canoon
Mugunruk

milka
Oct 23, 2007, 08:20 AM
actually.. I will wait until AoI to synth Gazarods, Armors and Bil Axe.. everything else is in the oven

Powder Keg
Oct 23, 2007, 08:28 AM
I'm afraid to synth my Bil de Axe. I'm most likely waiting til AOI...I may not find the morbinia til then anyway, lmao.

I already made a Ragnus, Meteor Cannon (with another cooking currently) and need to find 2 more catiliums for the 10* spear. Not sure what I want to do with my Storm Line board yet.

Soulvayne
Oct 23, 2007, 09:53 AM
I attempted on Meteor Cannon I got a dimate. I think I'll hold off on it, unless I can find someone willing to trade Meteor Cannon boards for Halarod boards.

str898mustang
Oct 23, 2007, 10:03 AM
[B] Halarod x 4
[B] Gaozoron Rod
[B] Baji Senba

gonna wait for the rewards

Golto
Oct 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
Umm aren't the rewards happening when AOI is out for NA? If I'm not mistaken the snyth % changes were to the server, thus effecting v1 and AOI.

Orin654
Oct 23, 2007, 10:52 AM
If its a weapon that has no elemental % Ill synth it with the 1UP cup award. Everything else AOI

Xtian913
Oct 23, 2007, 10:55 AM
My friend's Tech PM successfully made my Halarod, while another friend's PM broke both of his Halarods! I was gonna cook my other Halarod, but now I'm paranoid. Gonna wait for the rewards (while I'm currently making my own Tech PM!)

Aisha9
Oct 23, 2007, 11:07 AM
whats all this cooking - PMs are not Easy Bake Ovens!

Thats what I've always thought..."cooking" just sounds stupid IMO.

Anyway, What I do depends on the boards I get.

Halarod and Ragnus so far. Plentiful. Already synthed (Both worked and Ragnus 26%, yay)

If I happen to get something like a Svaltus board (I hope...) or a Bil De Axe etc, I might just wait for the synth increase after the event.

Everything else just depends on how many of that kind of board I happen to get...

mizukage
Oct 23, 2007, 11:54 AM
Synth. boards.. I plan on saving all my synth. boards including the rare Svaltus Sword until I get the expansion AOI where the synth. rates will increase significantly. Aside from that, the droprates of raw materials will also increase. It would be pointless to waste 10 hours finding rare materials right now as compared to spending 10 minutes once AOI comes out.

EspioKaos
Oct 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
First, I'm going to have to make some alternate characters just to make specific partner machines for them. I've already got a pure TECH PM with Logan, but I'll need to make pure striking and pure ranged partner machines before I even consider synthing my 2-headed Ragnus or Meteor Cannon. I know I'll be able to create those well before the end of the Platinum Cup, but I'll probably still wait until AotI before trying to synthesize those weapons... well, depending on how large of a boost we get in success percents. Of course, it also seems that Illuminus will be out during our reward period, so double increase maybe?

Remedy
Oct 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
Already in the oven, baby.

*huggles the two new Halarods*

Elemental percent means nothing to me (Fortecher, lol), and 75% is solid enough for me to take the risk, with how common Halarod boards are. If I were to, say, get a Psycho/Gaozoran Rod, then you bet your ass I'm saving that for after the Cup and the rate changes. But Halarods? Yeah, I'll cook those the second I get the Ydral and Walna to do so. I need more glitter! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well, you're not really cooking unless you count sticking ramen in a microwave for two minutes as cooking.

[B] Ramen
Flavor Packet 3/3
Water 1/1
Bowl 1/1
??? 1/1
Production Capacity 1/1
Success Rate 95%

Golto
Oct 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
If you read the little note on the rewards it states they are in effect after the event ends for two weeks. So anyone snything now won't see the snyth % increase from rewards.

So unless something bad happens to delay AOI for NA there should be at least 1 week overlapping 1up rewards and the patch that changes snyth %. Since the patch is for the server EU players should also see the snyth changes eventhough playing w/ v1. They haven't annouced exactly when the rewards start just after the event is over.

EspioKaos
Oct 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-10-23 10:14, Remedy wrote:
Elemental percent means nothing to me (Fortecher, lol), and 75% is solid enough for me to take the risk, with how common Halarod boards are. If I were to, say, get a Psycho/Gaozoran Rod, then you bet your ass I'm saving that for after the Cup and the rate changes. But Halarods? Yeah, I'll cook those the second I get the Ydral and Walna to do so. I need more glitter! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Agreed. Halarods mean nothing to me as a beast, but if I manage to get an Uransara, Tesbra or Gaozoran Rod board (or two, or three!), I'll be holding on to those until our reward period, at least.

RadiantLegend
Oct 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
Cooked most of what i got.

Got great returns except for the "phailed" desta

Remedy
Oct 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
Pfft, wands http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Those will just be traded for materials towards my final goal for my palette: 4 Psychos and 2 Gaozorans.

God that's going to take forever.

mvffin
Oct 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
as soon as i get enough money to raise my armor and tech pm's to 100.

stukasa
Oct 23, 2007, 12:48 PM
I've waited this long for S-ranks, I can wait another month.

AoI's increased success rates and elemental attribute + 1UP Cup's Holy Light bonus = best odds, granted you have the patience to wait until then.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 23, 2007, 01:35 PM
for guns and wands, I'll synth during the holy light. weapons will wait until AoI.

Question: does AoI increase chance of bettere armor % too, or just weapon %?

stukasa
Oct 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-10-23 11:35, SolomonGrundy wrote:
for guns and wands, I'll synth during the holy light. weapons will wait until AoI.
Won't the Holy Light week and AoI overlap each other since the Cup ends right before AoI is released?

WolfBlade
Oct 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
I only synth the cheap S rank weaps, Hala, Ragnus, etc atm, but for a 11* ill wait til aoi.

HFlowen
Oct 23, 2007, 02:03 PM
I don't really worry about weapons. 85% is more than enough for me.

Umberger
Oct 23, 2007, 02:09 PM
I synthed 3 Halarods (need more Walna), but I am only synthing enough that I will have enough boards in storage to synth during the increased synth % period, should any fail.

In other words, synth whenever, but keeping backups.

Mikura
Oct 23, 2007, 03:31 PM
I'm synthing guns and rods as soon as they drop but melee weapons, especially that bil de axe...yeah, I'm just going to wait until AoI. Except for Ragnus since they've been dropping like candy for us this week and 85% is pretty good odds.

Addark
Oct 23, 2007, 05:20 PM
I just got my hands on a 2-Headed Ragnus board and I'm planning on cooking it up on Friday. I have all the materials though. It's tempting.. But I hear there's a 5% increase on rates happening then, so whatever. I can wait. ;]

My first S-rank!

EspioKaos
Oct 23, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-10-23 15:20, Addark wrote:
I just got my hands on a 2-Headed Ragnus board and I'm planning on cooking it up on Friday. I have all the materials though. It's tempting.. But I hear there's a 5% increase on rates happening then, so whatever. I can wait. ;]

My first S-rank!

Might want to not do it this Friday. The 5% increase won't hit until after the Platinum Cup comes to a close. That would be in the middle of November.

Remedy
Oct 23, 2007, 06:01 PM
*feeds Cura some Neu Walna*

*sets heat to 375*

*sets timer for 24 hours*

It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty Halarod (or two).

CyarVictor
Oct 24, 2007, 01:25 AM
I cooked 4 mugunruks and they did come out with 10/12/14/16%. Then turned around and sold them all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Also using my friends armor pm to cook a fire Stormline. Blasted 32hr wait. I'm not going to wait till the expansion. Never know if you'll get a 50% and make some big bucks -_^. Also with these mats dropping, I'm just cooking what i feel like when ever I can. Boards will drop and continue to drop with the ex missions. Plus everyone is using their shops as a stupid storage system, which makes shopping harder >:(.

haruna
Oct 24, 2007, 02:55 AM
Like an impatient numbnutz, I started throwing things in the PM and started them synthing willy nilly.

Failed a Ragnus, which is really dumb given that we should be earning ourselves a boost that puts the synth rate at 100%. Threw in a Rabol Lebfa as well....No wonder I keep playing to hunt for stuff. I keep doing stupid stunts like this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If I find a Mugunruk board though, I am SOOOO holding on to that. Same with the 2nd Ragnus board I found.

Skye-Fox713
Oct 24, 2007, 03:05 AM
in the oven, out of the oven and so far all have been a sucsess