PDA

View Full Version : Moatoob and Parum rare enemy maps

Fresh
Oct 23, 2007, 08:17 AM
Hey does anyone know the spawns on these maps to know if you get rappies or not? If you please let me know I really want to find a magical wand....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-10-24 10:05 ]</font>

desturel
Oct 23, 2007, 10:41 AM
On Parum if you get Remilia Norphe, you almost always get rappy. I've never "not" had rappy when I've had her. Curtz you get rappy pretty often with. I haven't seen rappy with Bruce at all.

Remilia's path is really easy too since you don't have to go on the left path at all. With her around you'll always get a koltova and another non-koltova creature. Just don't kill any koltova and you get the second chip. (she's a koltova farmer in story mode for those that haven't played offline story at all).

On Moatoob if you get Tyler, you have a very good chance of getting rappy. Liina is a 50% chance like Curtz and Laia is much like Bruce in that I haven't see any rappy when she's been in my party.

Of course this doesn't mean that you can't get rappy with her or Bruce, just that the chances are lower.

Following that logic (non-main character = better chance at rappy), Neudaiz might have you pairing up with the Maiden for the rare map and the Colony might have President Dallgun (current storylin events not withstanding.)

As for Magical Wand, I wouldn't worry about trying too hard to get it. I have 8 of them so far. Over the course of the cup, I'm sure you'll have more than you can deal with.

If you are thinking of abandoning missions, definitely don't do that. We need the points for the server total.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-10-23 08:42 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 23, 2007, 11:42 AM
I thought that if you got remilia you kill the non koltova creature?

Fresh
Oct 23, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-10-23 09:42, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
I thought that if you got remilia you kill the non koltova creature?

I see you didn't read it says that you don't kill any koltova's WOW!

stukasa
Oct 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
Here's an edited version of a post I made on another forum:

By the way, if anyone's doing Rappy hunting on Parum, I've compiled a list of the maps I know of (with a big thanks to HFlowen from PSOW for doing all the work xD). You can tell if you've got a Rappy map based on certain variables, such as which is the correct teleporter in B1, what comes out of the box at the beginning of B2 (vahra, vahra + key, just key or nothing), which teleporter you take in B2 (the shortcut will always be the one to the left of the flower one, unless the flower is on the left teleporter, in which case you take the teleporter behind the gate), what NPC you get in B3, and what enemy you find at the left fork just before you reach the Relics.

b1: Right
b2: Key. Left tele (flower on middle).
b3: Curtz. Vahra (Shield)

b1: Left
b2: Vahra, key. Gate tele (flower on far left tele)
b3: Curtz, normal vahra

b1: left
b2: Vahra, no key. middle teleport (flower on right teleport)
b3: Norphe. normal Vahra.

b1: left
b2: Vahra, no key. middle teleport (flower on right teleport)
b3: Curtz. normal vahra.

EDIT: My friend Fanin knows of another possible map:
B1 Right
B2 Vahras and Key
B3 key dropped from the 2 badiras. Curtz, shield Vahra

I've gotten at least 2 or 3 of these before so I know most of them work. However, one time I could've sworn I got the right map but ended up with no Rappies. I have no idea why, but it was just that one time.

P.S. - I think you can tell if you've got vahras at the end of B3 based on the positioning of the vahras at the beginning (the 2 that spawn just past the badiras). If those two vahras appear next to each other, you'll have vahras at the end of the block (which is good). If they spawn in front of each other, you'll have badiras at the end (which is bad).

I hope that helps! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Fresh
Oct 23, 2007, 12:03 PM
Ok sounds good thanks for the help on that... um i was just looking at our point totals for the event and its says "2 week limited-time event super holy fortune for all races" and "2 weeks limited-time event chances of weapon synthesis success +5%"... ok so I know what both of these are but what is the 2 weeks part all about does this mean we all get 3* luck for 2 weeks or we had to get 200K points in 2 weeks to get 3* luck and we will find out after 1up how long its going to last

XenithFlare
Oct 23, 2007, 12:08 PM
I've had every NPC multiple times, and still no rappies. ><

blackfox433
Oct 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
nice list of maps for parum, now all we need is moatoob >_>

Illuminate
Oct 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
Stukasa!
You know that first one?
You don't need to get the key. But you do need left tele.

b1: Right
b2: Key. Left tele (flower on middle).
b3: Curtz. Vahra (Shield)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Illuminate on 2007-10-23 11:43 ]</font>

HFlowen
Oct 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
I've found that it doesn't matter what you get when it comes to Curtz's Right side map.

Getting Curtz on the right side regardless of circumstance always yields rappies. I think he just randomly shows up.

pikachief
Oct 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
i haven't gotten the rappies with the female robot on parum yet.... is that bad?

Illuminate
Oct 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
XD That may be right. I'm not entirely sure yet.

HFlowen
Oct 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-10-23 11:55, pikachief wrote:
i haven't gotten the rappies with the female robot on parum yet.... is that bad?

Not really. Norphe has 4 maps, only one is rare.

EDITL: Well, not really "maps" per se. When you get an NPC on the left side map (you always get one on the left side) it generates a random left side enemy in b3. Either badria, or vahra/shield vahra/sword vahra. Norphe needs a normal vahra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-23 12:00 ]</font>

Illuminate
Oct 23, 2007, 09:15 PM
The guide rawks Stukasa XD

stukasa
Oct 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-10-23 11:51, HFlowen wrote:
I've found that it doesn't matter what you get when it comes to Curtz's Right side map.

Getting Curtz on the right side regardless of circumstance always yields rappies. I think he just randomly shows up.

Really? That helps to know. The only question is, is there any way to tell if you'll get Curtz before you actually reach B3? If it's random like you say then you're probably better off sticking with maps that have the left teleporter in B1, don't you think? At least that way you know you'll get an NPC...

@Illuminate: Thanks, but credit should go to HFlowen, he's the one who did the work figuring out the different variations. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

desturel
Oct 24, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-10-23 11:58, HFlowen wrote:

I must be having great luck with Norphe then because the 5 times I've gotten her, I've gotten rappies. Haven't noticed that it's the same map every time.

Bruce needs to get his act together and give me his rare map. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Oct 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
I've seen rappies on Moatoob 5 out of 6 times when Tylor joined the party. I have neer seen them when Liina or Laia join. I don't see any variations in creature spawns either, but I haven't payed close attention to the NUMBER of creatures in any particular area, just the TYPE. I'm sure there is some way of finding out, but it's nice to get that rappy surprise!

pikachief
Oct 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-10-23 11:58, HFlowen wrote:

EDITL: Well, not really "maps" per se. When you get an NPC on the left side map (you always get one on the left side) it generates a random left side enemy in b3. Either badria, or vahra/shield vahra/sword vahra. Norphe needs a normal vahra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-23 12:00 ]</font>

ok good cuz i got her like twice mroe again last night and sitll no rappies XD

i usuaully get rappies with tylor at moatoob though ^.^

i think they all have PNC's like this.

One u have played with beore that doesnt give rappies....

One you've seen fihgt before a few times (liina, karen, curtz)

and the ones with the highest chanhce are the ones you've never seen fight (dallgun, the maiden, koltova farmer, and tylor)

Illuminate
Oct 24, 2007, 03:20 PM
Someone needs to start posting Moatoob...

Wait you can fight with Karen!?!?! HOW!!! O_O

Kinako78
Oct 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-10-24 09:19, desturel wrote:
Bruce needs to get his act together and give me his rare map. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bruce needs to get his act together in general...