PDA

View Full Version : Illiterate people shouldnt lead groups... (Warning:Long ramb

Randomness
Oct 24, 2007, 08:51 PM
Before I begin, I'm level 76, and Wartecher 10. My inventory is set up with fire, ice, and lightning weapons/techs, all set for where I plan to go: Moatoob A.

Honestly, I specify EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I CLEARLY state I'm looking for Moatoob A runs. Then, three things happen. First, its a level 60-something that invites me. Fine by itself, but then...

She ignores the level 92 CLEARLY asking for Moatoob A, and proceeds to invite a level 60-something and a level 70. [i]There is absolutely no chance a group with an average level of 72 AT BEST is going to be able to get S rank on Moatoob A in a reasonable time. Furthermore, half the people dont even KNOW the Moatoob map. She ignores someone who is both clearly CAPABLE of running Moatoob A well, and, by specifically asking for it, is implying that they KNOW the map, and KNOW they can S rank it.

And then, as I'm wondering how on earth this is going to work out, she reveals how illiterate she is. She then proceeds to ask "Parum or Moatoob?" As if I hadnt CLEARLY stated I wanted a Moatoob party.

I leave.

I ask again, but after a bit, relent a little, and ask for Moatoob or a 10 pt. Parum run, since I want to get the 10 before Neudaiz comes out. After a bit, I get an invite. By ANOTHER 60-something. Who is partied with 60-somethings. I ask how they plan to get a 10 on Parum, assuming theres no way they're doing Moatoob. First thing out of thier collective mouths? "Why would we want a 10?" I leave, fed up with their ignorance.

I can understand 60-somethings grouping up-they arent in as high demand in A ranks. I can understand them wanting someone 10+ levels above them in the party. But why do they invite me and then turn around and defy my request?

Is it just that they see someone of a higher level asking for a party, and ignore everything else? Do they just see "A" in the text and expect me to do whatever? (Actually, at least one of them did just that, as I was logging, I caught a snippet where he said he "just saw the A")

I am very clear in what I want, its not unreasonable, I'm easily high enough to do the map, although getting to the end of an EX might not happen. (For the record, I've gotten into the final 10 enemies of Moatoob's EX 1 with Gizonde spamming)

Why is it that they blatantly ignore my wishes and invite me expecting me to do whatever level they want?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2007-10-24 18:51 ]</font>

mizukage
Oct 24, 2007, 10:29 PM
7up Cup group leadership? Well... Although I tend to be a melee in the offline, but if I ever do play online. I will take the medic ninja role, I mean... Generally, another team player who uses Giresta and Resta from time to time. I don't care who takes the group leader role, as long as the leader isn't going to kick out all the members over a S-rank board midway into the mission.

Mystil
Oct 24, 2007, 11:41 PM
For the record, I was in a party of 60s that smoked parum A and each time we got faster and faster. Interestingly enough I was 73 in a party with 90s and we finished with times over 22 minutes :/.

Some weird paradox going on here =P.

Randomness, if possible just make your own party for moat. High levels are a lot more inclined to do it than low levels. Most of them are just grabbing whoever is shouting reguardless of stage preference.

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 07:22 AM
On 2007-10-24 18:51, Randomness wrote:
She ignores the level 92 CLEARLY asking for Moatoob A, and proceeds to invite a level 60-something and a level 70. [i]There is absolutely no chance a group with an average level of 72 AT BEST is going to be able to get S rank on Moatoob A in a reasonable time. Furthermore, half the people dont even KNOW the Moatoob map. She ignores someone who is both clearly CAPABLE of running Moatoob A well, and, by specifically asking for it, is implying that they KNOW the map, and KNOW they can S rank it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2007-10-24 18:51 ]</font>

While I understand that high levels are quite desirable in a party, I disagree on using average level of the party as an indication of potential for sucess. I much rather party with a level 55 party that is skilled that a level 100 party that just tries to overwhelm everything with raw power,which, I will admit,works SOMETIMES, but I have seen way too often these same level 100's slaughter the wrong monster for the second chip on Parum and fail the friendship test on Moatoob becuase they just RUSH without thinking.

Raw power =/= skill

I have done the Moatoob mission with two level 55's,one at 77 and another at level 90 and we still managed to get 10 on Moatoob A and manage 71 kills on the EX. Best yet, it was fun =) !

Other than that, I think you managed yourself pretty well in your situation.

Anduril
Oct 27, 2007, 06:07 PM
I find incompetence is not measured by the a person's level, but rather on how many periods they use in a calm situation. Odds are if a person is willing to use proper punctuation when chatting before a mission, they are far more likely to pay attention to the requests of other party members, and things will get done in an efficient manner. Either that or they'll think themself superior and bark orders.

Noblewine
Oct 28, 2007, 07:16 PM
I can understand, but I'm mostly running 1up to just have fun and feel my curiosity of what rares I'm going to find. I haven't had to the same problem though I sometime join groups that are silent, that's about it. :/

Dragwind
Oct 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't let it get to you dude...most of the people in crowded universes have dumbed down intelligence. Just make some good friends and try to stick with em.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 31, 2007, 05:52 AM
This is totally irrelevant, but..I came in to post, cause the title of your thread made me lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I thought this thread was a rant about George Bush http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Randomness
Nov 1, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-10-31 03:52, Kikumaru wrote:
This is totally irrelevant, but..I came in to post, cause the title of your thread made me lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I thought this thread was a rant about George Bush http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I can rant quite eloquently on how blatantly unconstitutional his administration is, if you'd like, lol.

Nyreal
Nov 1, 2007, 07:45 PM
It would be nothing new, but it would be enjoyable to read, nonethless, Random. XD

Powder Keg
Nov 3, 2007, 11:12 PM
After learning the maps, I found myself wanting to lead parties on my own and discussing the important parts before starting at the gate....it usually worked out.

l0c0dantes
Nov 10, 2007, 07:10 PM
Levels dont mean everything.

Things go much faster if people know how to play.