PDA

View Full Version : Good time to come back?

Blueblur
Oct 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
Hey all, I quit playing PSU months ago so my character's probably been deleted for a long time now. I was browsing through PSOW and the game has my attention again.

I wanna know if you guys think its worth coming back to? I stopped playing because it felt like work leveling up Maya, my character, and the Xbox 360 economy sucked. I was mostly frustrated at how little meseta the game rewarded you with and how expensive ner armor and weapons were. Has any of this changed?

Or should I just wait for the expansion?

Eliash
Oct 24, 2007, 09:13 PM
If you want to come back now is the best time to. Especially considering that most of your problems are with xp and meseta. Currently (as you probably know) there is an event (1UP cup) taking place that drops ton of meseta while giving unheard of xp for characters of all levels.

C-Rank [LV 30 monsters] - 15k Rewards (S-Rank, Complete under 20 mins, and get all 1UP Chips), 9k Experience per run.
Bonus mission that can (when succesfully completed) give upto 15k more in sellable items (to NPC) and rares from rappies are selling for 50k+ even on C-rank.

The event won't last forever, and eventually it will be a bit harder to gain cash again. But if you are interested in coming back now is the time.

Tulio07
Oct 24, 2007, 09:14 PM
put simply, I think it'd be dumb if you waited till the end of the 1ip cup to come back. There is excellent money, exp, everything ... except frags

Mr_Confused
Oct 24, 2007, 09:20 PM
also your characters might still be there, many people have had there characters remain even after the 3 month limit.

Dragwind
Oct 24, 2007, 09:39 PM
Come back now, rake up some rewards from 1up to get a good start and then you'll be good for AoI.

Blueblur
Oct 24, 2007, 09:41 PM
Hmm, I suppose I'll give it a try.

Skuda
Oct 24, 2007, 09:44 PM
I got back from 6 months of downtime, and my characters were still around. You should be fine. Also, I'd say this is probably the best time to get back into PSU. Very nice EXP.

Elley
Oct 25, 2007, 01:20 AM
I just came back as well, and I am LOVING it. The game has improved 100% with the 1up event not to mention the expansion is being released soon. AotI looks to be one of the best expansion packs for an online game ever. The upgrades to the base game are staggering. Way better combat system, search features, new missions, items, classes, everything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elley on 2007-10-24 23:23 ]</font>

kissablepimp
Oct 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
Yes they all right now is the great time to come back I came back just for this event and in the first day I gain three levels. and have over 2mil.

y2jd
Oct 25, 2007, 04:44 PM
me and my wife just came back few days ago after 8 months inactive.. both of our accounts are still there.. seems like they never delete anyone's.. now seems alot hella better than 8 months ago.. we left 8 months ago and now is right time to come back and expansion is right around the corner ull see alot of great things

omegapirate2k
Oct 25, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-10-25 14:44, y2jd wrote:
me and my wife just came back few days ago after 8 months inactive.. both of our accounts are still there.. seems like they never delete anyone's.. now seems alot hella better than 8 months ago.. we left 8 months ago and now is right time to come back and expansion is right around the corner ull see alot of great things

If I were sega I'd probably only ever delete characters when server space was threatened, and that HARDLY seems to be the case http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bliven
Oct 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
This is kinda off topic a little, but I'm mad cause my xbox got red ring right before 1up started, so I'm gonna get it back around november 8th -_-

R3Dirkulous
Oct 25, 2007, 05:48 PM
ya im pretty sure your character wont be deleted, I was gone for awhile and returned about a week and a half ago. In my opinion it was a really good decision. The 1upcup is awesome, plus the expansion is coming out soon. I highly recommend you return, you wont regret it.

Sami
Oct 25, 2007, 07:19 PM
They only put that deleting part in so they have the right to delete characters when servers are full. But servers aren't full because psu is not world of warcraft.

Nobo
Oct 25, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-10-24 19:44, Skuda wrote:
Very nice EXP.

Yes in the event right now there is 4times increase on exp for event missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

A2K
Oct 25, 2007, 08:03 PM
It's always a good time to come back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif