PDA

View Full Version : has karma helped anyone out?

gryphonvii
Oct 24, 2007, 10:59 PM
I am a firm believer in karma, one good turn deserves another and all that sentimental stuff. But has it actually helped. My best find was giving my friend a beamgun.Then finding a python a few days later. So has karma helped any of you guys out, or were you all cheated, and someone else got the good stuff?

BlackHat
Oct 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
I gave out 5 Halarods about a month ago to lvl 2,4,5,8 and 12 Newmans with a higher ID, new players. Haven't gotten a damn thing back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif But, It made me feel good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wallin
Oct 24, 2007, 11:05 PM
I kindly tried to help someone's friends get 10 on Moatoob since the leader had done it before but didn't know any of the chip locations or the Vanda spawn or fake wall, and then the leader b$%@'ed me out for telling them to stop before the Bil De Vear so that we wouldn't get tossed around and then proceeded to sprint ahead without warning, completely failing the friendship check, so all I got for trying to help someone was grief.

Karma sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-24 21:07 ]</font>

MrBeans
Oct 24, 2007, 11:07 PM
I think karma hates me, I give away all the stuff i don't use anymore (like anything from death dancers to muktrands) and i see three halarod boards drop to the same person ( it was set in order) and also a couple mugunruk boards with the same result. That last one made me super angry cuz I wanted a mugunruk so badly. I ended up trading a tero / guard away cuz I wanted one so badly. It was only 12% ice too. Apparently even with the plethora of those boards dropping, a cool looking weapon still goes for like 2.5m with a 14% ele on the 360 servers.

Eliash
Oct 24, 2007, 11:15 PM
Well, a while ago I was invited to join a run with a friend to hunt for a rare item that was selling for (at the time) 10 million. We ended up doing about 3-4 runs and a Sori / Mind dropped (for which I had no use) so I ended up giving it to him.

Today he decided to repay me for that and gave me a 34% dark Stormline. Now, I'm not really a believer in Karma. However, I do believe that being generous may result in finding good friends.

Just as a note, I don't consider him a good friend only because of the Stormline...because I know someone will make a comment on that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
Oct 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
Iunno, I try to be generous, but I think I've recieved my share from close friends, and them being there when I need them.

My first S rank went to someone, *cough* Aim *cough*, and I did it 'cause I didn't need it, and he wanted it.

Hopefully my Deva'll drop soon XP

Omega_Weltall
Oct 25, 2007, 01:07 AM
no such thing... i've been nice my whole life an only gotten taken advantage of. and that BS that girls like NICE guys is total crap! So to hell with that i'm being a complete jerk to everyone who's a jerk to me. only rares i found were: Crea Doubles (pre 1up) and 2 Headed Ragonus (during 1up and failed synth)

Turbobrain
Oct 25, 2007, 04:24 AM
I have Karma coming back at me the other way.... I did a bad thing a few weeks back(well part of it).... and I have seen 3 orpa/guards drop and more Muguntruks than I can count... no orpas to me, and the one Mug that went to me failed.... Payback is a bytch;) I hope I paid the debt for my foul dead.... I have 3 bills, another to Mugs and a Lebfa ready to cook(I need to horns).... If they all fail I may just have to offer a blood sacrifice.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 25, 2007, 04:30 AM
On 2007-10-24 23:07, Omega_Weltall wrote:
no such thing... i've been nice my whole life an only gotten taken advantage of.

Amen.

I believe in Karma myself but as time passed, I'm a firm believer that nice guys finish last.

I tried being the jerk but I can't keep it up naturally.

The thing I believe in most now is to take care of yourself first before fulfilling other people's wishes. If other people don't understand that then they are just greedy themselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-10-25 02:33 ]</font>

Syl
Oct 25, 2007, 06:09 AM
On 2007-10-24 20:59, gryphonvii wrote:
I am a firm believer in karma, one good turn deserves another and all that sentimental stuff.

That's a common fault. Doing nice things and expect or feel that you deserve something in return isn't really what karma is about. It's like forcing yourself to be nice for your own advantage.

Doing nice things to make others happy is what it's all about. If you get a reward for it, good for you. If you don't, at least be satisfied with the reward of others being happy. Of course, sometimes there's faults with that and it's best to consider yourself.

Or at least that's how I see it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I've given some stuff away as well helped out some of my friends. Personally I haven't received anything uber but I feel my reward is having those people help me out and helped me get everything I have now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

edit for clarity <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2007-10-25 04:11 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Oct 25, 2007, 06:19 AM
Ironic, DJ. You're one of the nicest people I've met here o_o

And Sylvia brings up a good point, too. I do try to help whenever I can but seeing that it makes others happy is enough for me. I think "karma" is something us humans invented so we'll feel like being nice will eventually pay out serious dividends later on in life. Seems like nothing more than psychological pleasing.

Zainith
Oct 25, 2007, 07:11 AM
Not yet, I told these three high levels how to get all three chips on Parum and Moatoob then when one asks if I want to join them in A rank runs, the other two say im too much of a noob(lv. 56) and kick me from the party =/

Dragon_Knight
Oct 25, 2007, 07:54 AM
No I don't believe in in...for the most part...If I do bad or mean things to people, bad and mean thinsg happen to me....If I do good things for people, bad and mena thing STILL happen to me. I'm kinda in the nice guy boat with DJ but I have yet to see any of that return on here OR in RL.

I mean seriously I found out two of my co-workers only work for something to do....one got an inheritance of millions and the other lucked out in finding a string of valuable items and finding collectors soon after that would pay through the nose for it. But me whos been the nice guy to everyone? I can barely pay the bills or play the the games I like. About the only good Karma has done for me is the make sure I don't get killed....and I'm having strong suspicions as to why now...>_>

Theoderic
Oct 25, 2007, 08:11 AM
I don't believe in karma, I believe in math. If I do something for a random person, the chance of one of the few things I would consider beneficial enough to happen to compensate for my trouble (or good deed, whatever) is the same as it is if I end up keeping my item/service to my damned self. If one puts time (literal time, or finances representing time) into someone/something, then there are 3 probabilities: 1) Get nothing, wasted time. 2) The system which received the input will return something to you. 3) No direct benefit from the system, but something attained from outside the system (ie. feeling good to help someone, someone rewarding you for helping someone else, etc.). When it comes to the bones, so to speak, I don't care about frivolous emotions. Humans have evolved to the point where we/they have become greedy animals. I guarantee, every action done is to benefit the doer.

With that understood, I have only helped my brother, because I know he helped me, and a few others, but simultaneously attaining something from them (trade).

I'm from Newark, New Jersey. People don't say hi to strangers on the street. We lock everything. We realize that to get ahead, we have to grind harder than anyone else, or become nothing. I realized that the very first time I sold "cookies". M.B.A.M.

Edit: Listen to the music... I'm still waiting on the karma though... Taken from a track I'm on: "My life is like a game of musical chairs: Make it to the end and the seat disappears..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theoderic on 2007-10-25 06:15 ]</font>

Remedy
Oct 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
I do, and I'm just waiting for mine to roll around. I've given away a fair number of S-rank boards to FFs/fGs and stuff, including a Svaltus Sword board.

I just hope someone out there has the same mindset should a Har/Quick or Psycho Wand board drop. We'll see. *shrug*

Bliven
Oct 25, 2007, 09:06 AM
I believe in it.... sort of. I gave my rl friend a BUNCH of stuff to start up, but unfortunately my xbox got the red ring right before 1 up started.... I'm lvl 55, so he said he's going to lvl me during Neudaiz. I'm supposed to get my xbox back around November 8th -_-

Shinou
Oct 25, 2007, 09:38 AM
Yessir it has, after synthing tons of S ranks for friends and actually giving some away. I finally got an Orpad/Guard yesterday. Then after getting one, another one dropped which was given to a friend. Lets just hope this keeps up

ALC
Oct 25, 2007, 09:48 AM
I've helped some low levels do stuff, and I have given some things up to people. But even so, my sweet death synthesis failed. I'll have to get another during week 4, I guess.

Xtian913
Oct 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
Well, I guess I kinda believe in it. I don't necessarily give away everything I get that I can't use, but if I know someone has been desperately looking for something, I'll help them out. Had the favor returned to me a few times, and it feels nice knowing someone wants to help out.

-Aurora-
Oct 25, 2007, 02:30 PM
Hmm...Karma eh??

Im the type who thinks of others b4 myself...those who know me know my inventory is usually open to them and it wouldn't be strange if half my items are lent out at my expense...I usually play gimped and in return what do I get?? LOL!! Funny...I've been here since day 1 and have gotten maybe less than 5 things from really really great ppl where as I given out many many countless things....So one thing I can agree on is KARMA makes nice guys finish last...

RadiantLegend
Oct 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-10-24 21:29, Gryffin wrote:
Iunno, I try to be generous, but I think I've recieved my share from close friends, and them being there when I need them.

My first S rank went to someone, *cough* Aim *cough*, and I did it 'cause I didn't need it, and he wanted it.

Hopefully my Deva'll drop soon XP

*Cough* Thank man *cough* I'll help you find your deva

ForteStollen
Oct 25, 2007, 02:54 PM
I do believe in Karma, and I think what you give, you will get back in some form or another - Looking or waiting for it to get back to you is pretty pointless though... Most of the time, the 'good thing' you get back, is just the nice feeling of being able to do something for somebody else, which is totally worth it if you ask me - This doesn't mean you should hand out all your stuff, but once you have something for yourself, it never hurts to share it with your friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ThEoRy
Oct 25, 2007, 02:58 PM
I gave my friends a svaltus board a bilde axe board a gur bazga board and a 2 headed ragnus board and now I'm being flooded with halarods and soon to be majimra hirokteri and baji line boards coming my way as well! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 25, 2007, 03:04 PM
I've been nice alot and alot, but really, no pay back in material.

I have made a large number of friends, about... 6... 8... 9... 10..11..12.. about 13 or more friends just for being nice.

Though... I've payed great sacrifice for my materials... 15mil for a Vahra Claw, 7mil for ANOTHER Vahra Claw, 6mil for a Del Jagnus, 800k for a Deljabaner, 1.5mil to help someone get a Bico[still owes me 225k], 800k to help ANOTHER person get Bico[owes me 800k o.o;], I've lent Alteric +5 to someone AND TOLD THEM NOT TO GRIND IT, but they did anyway, it survived though, so it's +7, but it's still a betrayal of trust ; ;.

My brother also used up 90,000,000 Meseta[90mil] on one Degahna Cannon, which to get that 90mil, he got 50mil, for trading all the synth mats of Degahna, and a Fire Crea Doubles, and used 40mil off his and my characters, just to get Degahna Cannon ; ;.

Now in recent, I've FAILED TWO Meteor Cannon's IN A ROW at 71% success rate, and my funds now are soo minimal, that I can't buy anything above 1mil in a shop ; ;...

My Karma on friendship is high, but my Karma on gift giving is low... So low I've kinda stoped giving actual gifts ; ; I guess I just lack materialistic Karma...

Skuda
Oct 25, 2007, 03:12 PM
I haven't really gotten anything spectacular. Nothing too noteworthy. I did find some very cheap S weapons in player shops though. All of which I am using as presents for my close compadres.

As long as I get my Yamata-misaki someday, I'll be perfectly happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kylie
Oct 25, 2007, 03:23 PM
I've given a lot of stuff away, and I've received many blessings (in one shape or another). I don't know if I believe in the whole karma thing entirely, but it is interesting to think about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-10-25 13:24 ]</font>

ALC
Oct 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
Well, I think my karma just got back to me. I just picked up a rattlesnake board. Definitely going to wait for the synthesis boost to do that. It better not fail...

SakuraJr
Oct 26, 2007, 02:37 AM
All those times giving out items to my friends really paid off. Two days ago, I received 2 ragnus [B], 2 Mugunruk [B], 3 meteor cannon [B], 3 shigga desta [B], and an orpad/guard XD

Nyreal
Oct 26, 2007, 02:39 AM
I've been nice to people, for the most part. We'll see how Karma pays off when I hit level 55, and the Deva Zashi hunt begins.

Noblewine
Oct 26, 2007, 03:16 AM
I don't really mind if I don't get rewarded I'm only playing online to unwind and because I wanted to try MMORPG's for awhile. Players that are mean to me or impatient don't really bother me at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reginaldo
Oct 26, 2007, 03:33 AM
I always have something of mine out on loan hehe. "Karma" as you put it has paid me back tenfold I suppose.

I'd take care of myself first but you're nothing without your friends. Besides, we're talking about items on a video game. Friends are more important.

Never give/loan away something with the expectation that some mystical force is going to pay you back for being a nice person.