PDA

View Full Version : [1up] A mission at lv 55

Sami
Oct 25, 2007, 06:17 AM
Today a friend of mine told me that if you're low lv you don't get the full experience bonus. Where he would get 600 exp as lv 90 i'd get 200ish. Doesn't that sound like B experience? So why not play B if you're not trying to get rares, or if you have you high lv party members.

Anyway so i wanted to know if it's true, so i checked. It's true. I think it's finally a good thing sega did. Something to please the higher lv people. Sucks for me however D:

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 06:41 AM
lol what?

you get the same exp.

he's probably just getting the final hit.

lmao - what the hell are you talking about - my friend was 55 and was getting the same shit i was. (on my 91)

Syl
Oct 25, 2007, 06:44 AM
Somehow I have a feeling this is going to spread as a rumor. Feng Shui anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 06:46 AM
ill destory your Feng Shui w/ my Lv250 Human T4nX0rz!

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
On 2007-10-25 04:44, SylviaEspada wrote:
Somehow I have a feeling this is going to spread as a rumor. Feng Shui anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I give it until I get back from class(3 hours) to hear it from a nub in Uni2.

Wouldn't that mean if you get into B Games at first(level 30 having the monsters at level 65, 35 levels above you) you would get lsightly less experience then?...hm...This is weird, because I was running B games when I hit level 30, and I recall my experience going up by whorish amounts. Not saying your wrong, because it COULD be because the experience is so ridiculously high it doesn't matter really. XD

Damn...if I wasn't level 48 now I would check ;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2007-10-25 04:52 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
Isn't true that being 30 levels behind a mob's level will net you 1 rank lower exp than the current rank you are doing?

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
this thread needs charts.

Neith
Oct 25, 2007, 07:01 AM
It's true for normal missions- my alt is 51 though so I can't test this for Cup Missions yet.

In normal missions, if you are more than 30 levels under the monsters, you receive less EXP from them. I know it's true because I remember my fT at Lv65 getting reduced EXP in Rainbow Beast S2. It may not apply to Cup missions with the increased EXP in place, but it's definately true for normal missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-10-25 05:03 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Oct 25, 2007, 07:01 AM
He Is wrong, because i was doing it on my level 55 on Parum and getting the same exp as all my friends in the party.

Reipard
Oct 25, 2007, 07:27 AM
Rumor Thread is Farfetch'd :.

TranceZiggy
Oct 25, 2007, 07:38 AM
1 word. Wrong. Not snapping.. But it's wrong, you all get the same EXP, only change in EXP gained is whether you land the final blow, or not

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 07:45 AM
Erm, No.

You DO recieve and exp. penalty for being more than 30 levels lower that the enemy, even within the cup missions.

It is not one rank lower tho, you would still get higher exp. that rank B but less exp. that your level 90 buddy. The reduction is by level and a certain % per level (I am not into math so I don't not know the number on that % ).

You can verify this easely as you level up. your exp. recieved in a tag or kill goes up by a few more exp.

I confirmed this with The Jackel a long time ago and it still applies within the cup.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trinitaria on 2007-10-25 05:46 ]</font>

Neith
Oct 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
On 2007-10-25 05:45, Trinitaria wrote:
You DO recieve and exp. penalty for being more than 30 levels lower that the enemy, even within the cup missions.

At least someone's actually tried instead of just saying I'm wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The EXP penalty has always applied, its just that in most missions, you're not more than 30 levels under the monsters. If you're not noticing it in Cup, its not surpising, the boost in EXP will cancel it out anyway- you would however still get less EXP than a Lv90 would.

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 07:58 AM
I think it's actually easier to spot during the cup http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

During normal missions the exp. increment increase is so small, you would really not notice it, unless you are taking notes somewhere, but during the cup you can really notice it.

The best place to actually see this penalty is when you defeat De Ragnus, you don't get those lovely 5 digits if you are level 55, I believe it something like 8900+ ish, my memory fails me here.

Pictures would be great for this particular thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2007, 08:01 AM
Wow, I never knew about this whole thing about an exp penalty. That kinda sux that you're gonna get a penalty for having the guts to go up against monsters more than 30 levels than you.

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
Well, it is sorta annoying. I will admit if I am right in the middle of the battle field, doing the best for my party I WANT that full exp. for my efforts.

But I understand this penalty tho, way too many people would just tag and and stand back just to power level quickly in a high level party. I rather enjoy the game at a good pace and still see those yellow numbers.

But that's just me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I guess it still ruins my plans of making Therion into my main hunting character for the rest of the cup until like, 12 levels. ._.

Mystil
Oct 25, 2007, 08:51 AM
A 55 thinking about doing A runs needs to think twice about even trying.

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 08:54 AM
tha exp is good tho - so letting a 55 join is more of doing them a favor.

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 08:58 AM
On 2007-10-25 06:51, Mystil wrote:
A 55 thinking about doing A runs needs to think twice about even trying.

I disagree with this =/

Level is no indication of skill at all, and I have honestly met some lovely people within the 55 level circle.

That and my newbie that I have been training for some time (Bacchi) made a real effort to reach 55 in one day of playing the cup just to reach 55, I would never deny him playing with me on A rank after all that effort that he put into reaching that goal.

I think other 55's would feel the same way too.

Sami
Oct 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
I did A runs when i was 55. I died as much as on B so it didn't matter. And most 55's can deal decent damage. You can get 8 points with 2 lv 55 people in your team.

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
Lv80 - hit higher and die way less then most 100 male fighters - LvL has nothing to do w/ skill (as stated above)

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
i received 10's from 55's-60's.

Mystil
Oct 25, 2007, 09:06 AM
Note that I didnt say anything about lvl=skill. I come on, I might as well stamp "ELITIST" on my forhead for all that >_>. You might be skilled player by then, but your character stats are holding you back a little. A vahra will run you over if you're not careful.

Sami
Oct 25, 2007, 09:10 AM
Is that a problem? I mean, most people carry dolls. And if they don't, do you leave them dead or something? I've seen people in the 90s dying and not carrying dolls. It doesn't matter.

Mystil
Oct 25, 2007, 09:12 AM
Fine fine fine(no one ever sees where Im coming from anyway).

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I am not really labeling you an Elistist Mystil, I was merely expressing my belief and my opinion on the subject.

As for Vahra stompage, there is a lovely item called a Teroline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, players that are quite skilled and understand the mechanics of the game know to flock to this until they can afford something better.

Besides that, I am sorry if you felt that I labeled you =/.

Neith
Oct 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
Teroline from NPC is enough to make Vahra damage manageable, and Lv55's do reasonable damage, assuming they're correctly equipped. Sure, most people probably won't let you in a party for A at 55 if there's a higher level player available, but a 55 should be able to hold their own (with difficulty though, obviously) fairly reasonably, and the EXP should be enough to level them fast.

Kaloa
Oct 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
While doing A rank Parum runs with my FF, I noticed that each time I leveled up I'd start to get a little more exp from killing vahras. At first I think it was around 290-ish for killing them, but now I'm getting 301 exp for getting the final blow. In comparison, I noticed that my boyfriend that plays on a tv set up next to mine gets over 400 exp for killing the A rank vahras (he's over level 90). I've yet to see those numbers on my screen, even when I'm going solo.

I'd still prefer to run A rank over B rank though. Even if I can run the b rank missions faster and get awesome exp, all the good stuff drops in A rank and that's what I'm interested in.

Zorak000
Oct 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
well, I leveled my alt from lv 35 to 50 at CoR S (lv 65+ monsters) then when I got to S2(lv 90+), I was only getting 2(on badira)-10(on kog nadd) more exp per KILLSHOT. but as I leveled I kept getting more EXP per kill until I was exactly 30 levels below the monster I killed.

ie. anti-power-leveling technology

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2007-10-25 09:58 ]</font>

XDeathX
Oct 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
This is obciously dumb considering getting less xp when 30 levels below monsters is infact RETARED!

Especially when Sega wants everyone to be super soldiers by the expansion. HSM anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-10-25 11:47 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Oct 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
I thought it was a bit odd that an A Rank run on Parum only yielded about the same xp (maybe 3-4k higher) as a B Rank run for a character around lvl 60. Getting more kill hits makes a difference as well, but there definitely is a noticeable lack of xp increase at that level. C Rank yields somewhere around 9k, and B Rank seems to be around 20k. A Rank was only giving my lvl 60 about 23-24k per run. That's going to make the grind to 70 a bit longer than I suppose, but at least the xp should increase with each level gained. Can't say I like the system very much, though.

Itsuki
Oct 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
Ya, this has been known for quite some time. And has been brought up several times. But people continously overlook it. People originally noticed it during Firebreak on JP.

But, if you're over 30 levels under the monsters you are killing, for each level lower, you get progressively lower exp.

Another thing you have to consider is time. Bigger numbers doesn't necessarily mean better exp. B-rank can pretty easily be cleared in around 10 minutes, while killing the same number of monsters with the same partyin A can sometimes take twice as long. So until you're almost level 70, the amount of exp you can potentially gain over time is pretty significantly higher in B-rank.

Trinitaria
Oct 25, 2007, 12:54 PM
I think few can resist the lure of the drops on A-rank tho.

Either way, a level 55 in the company of a few higher level characters can really reap the benefits. All depends on the party and their actual skill I suppose.

Tomeeboy
Oct 25, 2007, 02:02 PM
On 2007-10-25 10:54, Trinitaria wrote:
I think few can resist the lure of the drops on A-rank tho.

Either way, a level 55 in the company of a few higher level characters can really reap the benefits. All depends on the party and their actual skill I suppose.

I think the reason why lower level people would end up in A-Rank runs is mainly due to the people they are playing with. If you're level 55 and grouped with a bunch of level 80-100 friends, they are probably not going to want to do B-Rank, which means you're riding along for an A run. S-Rank drops are a nice, though, and make up for the additional time and potential loss of XP.

XenithFlare
Oct 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
I've... never really seen this lessen'd xp. <_< My gf just got her alt levelled high enough to do A-rank xp runs, and she gets the same xp I've been seeing on my main. *confused*

Raven5_1
Oct 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
soooo i need to level up about 14 lvls to truly see the benefits of an A run. guess thats my goal over the weekend.

Wallin
Oct 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
I think I saw this on the PSU forums an hour ago but it seems it was deleted for whatever reason.

They were saying that there's a penalty on experience if the character's level is X-levels below the monster they're fighting. I was wondering what that level difference is exactly since my main is close to that range (I think they said 30 or 35).

Umberger
Oct 25, 2007, 06:37 PM
30, and apparently an additional penalty for each level past 30.

Wallin
Oct 25, 2007, 06:38 PM
Bah, still 6 levels to go then... that would explain why one guy got 40k from Parum A and I barely got 20k.

Wallin
Oct 25, 2007, 06:44 PM
Ah, here's the post, thank you for pointing it out and merging it!