PDA

View Full Version : Set Order / Set Random?

Fleur-de-Lis
Oct 25, 2007, 03:57 PM
I don't know what you're trying to say. Is it bad to get two 10* at random? Good?

Remedy
Oct 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
It's 1UP, and it's Ragnuses. Everyone has like... a thousand Ragnuses except for me because I give mine away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Darkly
Oct 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
As if most of us have a choice, 360 side anyway most people refuse to play set random and i have no idea why.

-Xios-
Oct 25, 2007, 04:08 PM
wrong pic, guess I can't edit it either.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p42/EternalNerd69/psu20071026_054820_002.jpg

Fleur-de-Lis
Oct 25, 2007, 04:12 PM
Ah, I see now. That is rather disappointing for an A run, but random is random. At my level, I'm happy just to find a group.

Better luck in the future, man.

Guildenstern
Oct 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
Set Random is the only way to be. It's like an awesome potluck.

Rashiid
Oct 25, 2007, 04:33 PM
^ indeed

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
when there are so many rares, mostly synthesis items, order is the best way to go. Normally I'd say random, but order is agreed upon by my friends to be the most fair for EX missions.

THE JACKEL

omegapirate2k
Oct 25, 2007, 05:13 PM
If your playing with randoms, random is the best way to go, because alot of people will try and cheat you out of S ranks by abusing set in order, in random, everyone has an equal chance of getting anything, regardless of what shitty rare they just picked up.

Kylie
Oct 25, 2007, 05:50 PM
I used to prefer order over random because it seems like predictably fair, but I've started using random for no real reason. It doesn't really make much of a difference though, honestly.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 25, 2007, 06:07 PM
I greatly prefer order, but I will settle for random if I have to.

DonRoyale
Oct 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
Order.

See Xioz's pic for all the reasons why. The staggering...three reasons. Damn, bro, you got OWNED on that one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

EspioKaos
Oct 25, 2007, 06:14 PM
I used to prefer order, but after dealing with endless bitching and whining over who picked up a Kerseline or Scape Doll, I came to appreciate random quite a bit more. Sometimes I have my days with it where I get tons of nice rares. Others... not so much. I've gone through dry spells of not receiving anything outside of a few synthesis materials.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 25, 2007, 06:40 PM
You see, Espio, the simple solution is to just set it to order and then boot the morons who bitch about Kerselines.

l_Will_l
Oct 25, 2007, 06:49 PM
I play random. Because that way they can complain if they didnt get the rare. but it was on random so everone has a 1/4 chance of getting something during 1up

Sha Sha
Oct 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
Depends on my group Normally for people I know like friendlist know we use in order or even better friends just use finder and sort out the rares later. For people I dont know its usualy random

ChronoTrigga
Oct 25, 2007, 07:00 PM
I prefer order with my clan. That way we get the Synth items evenly. Whatever boards someone needs, we just give em to each other. Even if we don't get anything in return.

Sami
Oct 25, 2007, 07:16 PM
I like order for the reason why this thread was started in the first place. It's just imposseble to wait for your turn, or pick up junk so you would get the rare. You're still lucky if you get good rares on order. While on random your buddy might get 3 S rank items and you get nothing. That's just bullshit.

MrNomad
Oct 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
Order...Anytime you switch to random I'm letting out Lu Bu and Maeda Keiji on your ass.

Sazan
Oct 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
random means 'no rare for me' so order is just fine.

Powder Keg
Oct 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
I generally don't like order because if you get a certain item, then a rare happens to drop afterwards, you have a 0% chance of obtaining it unless you're starting a new order set/round. I'm the last who will complain about kerselines or anything else....they're not cheap. I have almost 7 million meseta. and nope, they're still not cheap.

I've seen random get funny and give 5-6 items in a row to one person, but I honestly only saw that happen twice since last October.

DonRoyale
Oct 25, 2007, 08:08 PM
Artea, Kerseline are 2k apiece from NPC's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But Kerseline isn't too bad when you do B runs. They got me a 44% dark Death Dancer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, them and dumb luck...but mostly them

Mystil
Oct 25, 2007, 10:28 PM
All three settings suck.

Set Order = People can abuse it and screw honest players over.

Random = Server can give 5 rares to one person.

Give finder = lol might as well solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-10-25 21:37 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Oct 25, 2007, 10:39 PM
I like random. Why? Because it is random, no one has any control over it whatsoever. Besides, since I normally party with random people, it works for the better. Maybe I'll join a clan that is nice enough to share. Until then, random is the way

Then again, I have no problem with set order either.

But then again, I gave away a Vahara Claw board to a stranger free of charge, because I don't use claws... so maybe my opinion doesn't count http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ALC
Oct 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
Set in order. I just think it's more fair. I was in a run where the leader set it on random and I suggested that he put it on order. Of course it turned out me and one other person in the group got about 90% of all the rares that dropped (a few included boards). The leader got mad and decided to change it to order. "I told you so..."

Indica
Oct 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
When I am leader it's ALWAYS Order/Order

GreenArcher
Oct 25, 2007, 11:40 PM
I always put it on random.

Sure there's some times where everyone else is getting the loot.
But then there's times when you're the one getting all the phat lootz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Gen2000
Oct 26, 2007, 12:06 AM
All of them suck one way or the other but Order sucks the least. During an EX mission, it's good because as long as people only pick up Srank [b]s or Rappy drops, every one at least gets one(*or has higher shot at getting one). It only gets screwy when people picks up EVERYTHING like kerseline and shit that messes it up, otherwise Order can be awesome if done right.

*Order can be broken too at times, I've seen some messed up distros from it before like giving 1 person 4 items in a row.

Tetsaru
Oct 26, 2007, 12:43 AM
Tetsaru's preference for drops (along with most of my friends' prefence):

Rares: Random
Non-rares: Finder

With rares on random, ANYONE has an EQUAL chance at ANY rare item. Order seems to be better at distributing loot EVENLY, but it tends to screw things up imo once weapon boards, units, etc. come into play, since then, no one has an equal chance at getting them. As for commons, if it's set to finder, the people who like to stock up on random stuff (like me! :3 ) can grab whatever they want, and other people won't complain about their inventories filling up with junk that they don't want. Personally, I'll pick up any wood or metals I see, because I can eventually upgrade them into A rank stuff and use them for synthing 9* weapons. The only issue I see with it is maybe when elemental photons drop, but then again, they're not that big a deal.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 26, 2007, 01:08 AM
Set random is made of epic fail, set order is a bit more fair.

F*** Set to Random, it should wither and die. How about a this for a poll "who here as never gotten an S-Rank Board, not even a Twin Ragnus" *I check "never have"* >_<

Para
Oct 26, 2007, 01:11 AM
Order/Finder is my preference with so many rares dropping at once, its hardly predictable who gets what//who gets a chance or not but at the same time it distributes items more evenly.

Xaeris
Oct 26, 2007, 01:15 AM
Random please. With Order, you tend to get people telling you not to pick up any mats below 10*s. Listen Rockefeller, you may have no qualms about buying vulcaline for 8k from the shop when you can pick it up off the ground for free, but from this event, I've got stacks of the stuff wrapped in my PM, ready to go for AoI. So you go right ahead and go broke on buying stuff the game is trying to give you for free, then go on to blame leftover haxeta for your inability to synth anything good.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 26, 2007, 01:15 AM
set in order works for smaller groups quite well, especially in a high rare-dropping type mission like 1UPcup.

Set in order fails for large parties, where fewer rares drop. And example might be crimson beast S (not S2). While everyone loves a few chicotites, when that solid power / S drops, you don't want to have just recieved a Grinder Base A.

Sekani
Oct 26, 2007, 01:43 AM
I've become a fan of Random/Finder lately. Even with friends, random is more fun because it's so unpredictable. In pick-up games Random also prevents whining about what gets picked up (I'm not leaving perfectly good Kerseline on the ground) and knowing when a super-rare drops that you're NOT going to get it because you just scored a Scape Doll board.

drizzle
Oct 26, 2007, 01:54 AM
I guess the OP wanted bigger numbers of vestalines and berries or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
4 items doesn't mean a thing. You could get 40 and still have nothing of value.

What drops is random, so the most appropriate distribution method is random. Order fails because it doesn't look at the actual value of the items; it treats [B] Scape Doll and [B] Psycho Wand exactly the same. I also like synth mats, and want to pick them up without people crying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I'll play any setting but I greatly prefer random.

Ken_Silver
Oct 26, 2007, 02:10 AM
Heh, the vote is soo close. I am curious to see how this will all end.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 26, 2007, 02:13 AM
Well..this is really a tough choice for me, honestly. Here is where I stand on the matter:

Order
------

Order is nice because that way, we know for a FACT everyone in the party will get a rare. This is preferred during the EX missions for 1UP, so everyone has a chance of getting a board if it drops. However, at the same time..some people like to take advantage of Order and will tell you to not pick up certain items so when a "good" rare drops, someone will pick it up and it will go to that person which specified not to pick any rares up, because he/she wanted the rare.

Random
-------

In certain situations, I love going on Random because it's like..interesting, really. You don't know who the rare will go to. Also, everyone still has a chance of obtaining something. Sure, Player A may get a Tero / Rainbow thrown his way and you got stuck with the Kerseline, but it's all part of Random. There's nothing you can really do about it.

You can complain, but..it's kind of pointless complaining about something being RANDOM. It's like reaching into a bag of blue, red, green, yellow, and purple marbles, and your friend telling you to pick out a green one, but you get blue instead, then want to complain about it, despite it just being based on chance.

Anyway, Random is nice and all, but sometimes I believe Random favors certain members at times. I've been through some runs (and I'm sure there are others that have as well, lol) and even with it set to Random, there was ONE person in the party getting 90% of the rares. I don't think that's fair, but...there's nothing we can really do about it.

Like I said before, it's all based on chance really. So, I'm honestly not sure which to choose because I like both, but it depends on the situation (like 1UP for example, I would prefer Order for EX mission, so everyone can get something).

So yeah..I'm not voting. Sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-10-26 00:13, Kikumaru wrote:
Sure, Player A may get a Tero / Rainbow thrown his way and you got stuck with the Kerseline, but it's all part of Random.

except Tero/Rainbow is 6* and not included as a rare!
I figured that out when there was a blue armor symbol, and no one picked it up, and I saw it was tero/rainbow and got it lol
didn't know it was only 6*

THE JACKEL

Noblewine
Oct 26, 2007, 02:20 AM
A player suggested setting it so that rares are on random to increase the luck of everybody getting a rappy feather. However I slayed one and got cheated out of a rappy feather but the second run I got Halloween decoration and rappy wands. I'm kinda glad I was able to get another rappy item since I accidentally sold the last one I got. :/
Though Ironically out of the 1st to the 4th run when the 1up event started I didn't get any rares at all so I just picked up synthesize items instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-10-26 00:24 ]</font>

Sekani
Oct 26, 2007, 02:29 AM
When you play Random and see someone get six rares in a row, ever notice that they're all junk that you probably didn't want anyway?

When you play Order and everything is equally distributed, ever notice how one person seems to get all the good stuff while your inventory is full of random synth mats?

Nyreal
Oct 26, 2007, 02:31 AM
Set in order works well for things with your friends. If there's something we tend to be hunting at that moment, we'll also call things. But random works amazingly for all the random noobs you'll end up playing with.

Zael
Oct 26, 2007, 03:24 AM
Random for EX missons, Order for everything else.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 26, 2007, 03:24 AM
On 2007-10-26 00:18, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

except Tero/Rainbow is 6* and not included as a rare!
I figured that out when there was a blue armor symbol, and no one picked it up, and I saw it was tero/rainbow and got it lol
didn't know it was only 6*

THE JACKEL

Thanks for clearing that up Jackel. I feel like an idiot now XD. I KNEW I should've came up with something awesome for an example..

like Orpad / Guard

T_T

imfanboy
Oct 26, 2007, 03:34 AM
On 2007-10-26 00:29, Sekani wrote:
When you play Random and see someone get six rares in a row, ever notice that they're all junk that you probably didn't want anyway?

When you play Order and everything is equally distributed, ever notice how one person seems to get all the good stuff while your inventory is full of random synth mats?

Actually, someone got 2 Rappy Feathers, a Magical Wand, and then the Halloween Deco, along with a [b] Gudda Skela, during one run that the leader had it set to random.

Hm, let's see, that's... FIVE GOOD THINGS going to one person?

Another run, they were talking about how this same person got THREE [b] Mugunruk boards.

Random fails, and fails hard. It's for people who are greedy but too shortsighted to see that the game's not about "me me me ME ME ME" but about EVERYONE in the party getting a fair share of the goods.

Don't be a greedy pricklich. Set in Order still gives you a shot at any really good items. You CAN'T manipulate it, because it also counts items that weren't picked up.

Ithildin
Oct 26, 2007, 03:39 AM
Just be glad people that you HAVE a choice! Remember PSO? (Oh btw I've gone for order, it's the only fair way, random is for greedy people! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Grand_Rider
Oct 26, 2007, 04:11 AM
I prefer set order; as long as people pic up items of worth that they actually need then everyone is guaranteed something decent. Random has too much potential to screw someone over. I've been in missions where I've received one good item after another, much to the anger of my team mates however, I've also been in missions where I was consistently passed over. In my opinion it's not a fair option at all.

drizzle
Oct 26, 2007, 04:49 AM
On 2007-10-26 01:34, imfanboy wrote:
Actually, someone got 2 Rappy Feathers, a Magical Wand, and then the Halloween Deco, along with a [b] Gudda Skela, during one run that the leader had it set to random.

Another run, they were talking about how this same person got THREE [b] Mugunruk boards.

Random fails, and fails hard. It's for people who are greedy but too shortsighted to see that the game's not about "me me me ME ME ME" but about EVERYONE in the party getting a fair share of the goods.

Don't be a greedy pricklich. Set in Order still gives you a shot at any really good items. You CAN'T manipulate it, because it also counts items that weren't picked up.

You know what greed is? It's crying when someone else gets more good rares than you. Which can just as easily happen with Order, by the way.

Also, that last bit about drops counting even when not picked up, is a myth.

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2007, 05:45 AM
So every Japanese player is a 'greedy pricklich', then? Please.

Order can be abused, easily, and no, it doesn't count things that weren't picked up. Order fails so hard it's not even funny.

In AoI, distribution defaults to Set Random for both categories, because that's what the Japanese prefer. Now, I highly fucking doubt that all 10,000+ people on the JP server are 'greedy prickliches', so I think people here just have sour grapes because they're too greedy themselves to realise that a RANDOM chance of getting an item is just that. You get screwed over as much as you win, and it gives everyone a fair chance no matter what crap they just got.

Sekani
Oct 26, 2007, 08:09 AM
On 2007-10-26 01:34, imfanboy wrote:

Statistically speaking this situation is just as likely to happen under Order as it is under Random. This does not prove one system to be better than another for equal distribution of "good" rares; the game can't seem to tell the difference between good ones and crappy ones.

It was cool to think like this months ago, back before several peoples' tests proved that this is not the case. (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=147389&forum=22) Get with the program.

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 08:19 AM
I love Order. I love when it ends up like:

Remedy: Vestaline
Fortefighter: [B] Uranasara
Fortegunner: Diad
Figunner: [B] Baji Line

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fuck Set In Order.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 09:13 AM
look, I use order not for equal distribution of good rares, but for equal distribution of rares period. I play with friends, we pick up every rare, and we don't care what the order is. The whole reason it's on order, is so everyone gets the same number of rares. Now, when there aren't so many dropping, we always play on random. But when tons and tons of rares drop, EX missions, we have it in order so everyone gets shyt, good, bad whatever. We're picking up rares too fast to keep track of the order. I've picked up a rare in an EX run and it didn't show up for 30 seconds on the rare scroll thing. Manipulating? hell no.

THE JACKEL

milka
Oct 26, 2007, 09:41 AM
I order is not fair!!!

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-10-26 07:13, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
look, I use order not for equal distribution of good rares, but for equal distribution of rares period. I play with friends, we pick up every rare, and we don't care what the order is. The whole reason it's on order, is so everyone gets the same number of rares. Now, when there aren't so many dropping, we always play on random. But when tons and tons of rares drop, EX missions, we have it in order so everyone gets shyt, good, bad whatever. We're picking up rares too fast to keep track of the order. I've picked up a rare in an EX run and it didn't show up for 30 seconds on the rare scroll thing. Manipulating? hell no.

THE JACKELYeah, right. Sure. That's why all the fucking Har/Quicks and Diads and shit conveniently end up in the hands of Fortegunners who conveniently have some sort of stupid fucking Force alt that "needs" them when the Force right beside him who's been diligently supporting him for six fucking Deadly Brilliance A runs has been saying she needs a fucking Har/Quick.

It's not even really the drop mechanics. It's the fucking community of this game that blows.

Powder Keg
Oct 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-10-26 07:45, Remedy wrote:

THE JACKELYeah, right. Sure. That's why all the fucking Har/Quicks and Diads and shit conveniently end up in the hands of Fortegunners who conveniently have some sort of stupid fucking Force alt that "needs" them when the Force right beside him who's been diligently supporting him for six fucking Deadly Brilliance A runs has been saying she needs a fucking Har/Quick.

It's not even really the drop mechanics. It's the fucking community of this game that blows.

That's part of the game. Who made up a rule where you should have to yield an item to someone else? "Oh, because it would be nice?" Shut up. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

BTW, anyone saying that Order can't be manipulated is wrong. The only thing you need to know is if you just got a rare, you can pick up three other crappy things if you're at the start of the next turn order to insure that you don't get them. Now, Jackel is right when almost everyone doesn't or can't pay attention to the actual order when so many things drop, but fact remains it can still be manipulated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-10-26 08:01 ]</font>

Trinitaria
Oct 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
Now, now. I am sure you will find your Har/quick soon enough Remedy. Just be patient about it and in due time it will come to you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

I would however be upset if say... x person in your group recieves 2 Har/quicks and refused to share one >.>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Topic now:

I much rather have things set in order, pretty much for the same reasons that The Jackel has mentioned before, I mostly party in a group where we share our rares, so even if say, four S ranks end up on me I would distribute them to the group. I know how bad it was before the cup came when the boards were so rare. So I think it would be nice to share with others.

kissablepimp
Oct 26, 2007, 10:11 AM
Set in order is the way to go because everyone gets something.

Turambar
Oct 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
On 2007-10-26 07:45, Remedy wrote:

Now now. You should know how dumb that logic is. You can't manipulate order easily, unlike what some would claim, since after 4 rares when everyone gets one, the order of who gets rares first changes for the next four. (or else there would be no explanation of how I got 2 rappy feathers in a row in Invisible Path when I was playing on order).

That said, I still prefer random just because people still tend to complain about the vestaline that someone picked up. Ultimately, the best solution is to just play with friends, but *shrug*

milka
Oct 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
BTW, anyone saying that Order can't be manipulated is wrong. The only thing you need to know is if you just got a rare, you can pick up three other crappy things if you're at the start of the next turn order to insure that you don't get them. Now, Jackel is right when almost everyone doesn't or can't pay attention to the actual order when so many things drop, but fact remains it can still be manipulated.

DAMmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Someone here has a brain!!!!

Thank you!!!!

MrNomad
Oct 26, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-10-26 09:44, milka wrote:

DAMmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Someone here has a brain!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Better to at least have a rare, than all the rares go to one person though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Cracka_J
Oct 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-10-26 09:58, MrNomad wrote:
Better to at least have a rare, than all the rares go to one person though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

not really. our team's been running to hit those 3rd boxes on every run, and when you're doing that, every member in the team should have an equal shot at hitting that rare board or unit, which is why I prefer random. In a group of 4 when that board is picked up everyone has a 25% chance at getting it. if you're playing order, one player has 100%, the rest have zero. IMO I will gladly support whoever gets those boards on random, it is luck and nothing else. If they get more then 1 board a round, it's cool, I had a chance at it and it didn't go my way. I'll gladly take a 25% chance over a 0% chance any day of the week. after all, we aren't hunting vestalines and copernia here folks.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 01:21 PM
except the order is still randomized. You don't have a 0% chance, that's the dumbest thing I've heard. The only difference is, it rolls for all 4 of you at first, instead of each of you each time.
for example
player 1, 2, 3, 4
roll dice, get 2, then 4, then 3, then 1... that's the order so you're guaranteed an item if 4 dropped
roll dice every time, get 2, then 2, then 2, then 4, then 3, then 4, etc. so you're guaranteed nothing
it's instead of rolling the dice and setting an order off of it, meaning it randomizes an order, it randomizes every pickup.

randomizing an order gives everyone a chance of getting it just as well. Especially if you're picking up everything anyways.

now why people are complaining about the "common" rares is beside me. Kerseline, well I need it for Rabol Dunga. Vestaline, well, in AoI, the new weapons only have up to 8* boards in store. Vulcaline, well the obvious 9* weapons. Anything else, hell there's a purpose for everything. You don't want it, sell it then. Everyone can use more money. The point is with order, you're not walking away with absolutely nothing. Your chance of getting a rare is equal to anyone else.

Even better yet, you only want to pick up good rares? Order is even better. Only pick up those rare weapon boards. If 4 drop, everyone gets a rare weapon.

THE JACKEL

Orin654
Oct 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
Remendy is pissed because I got the Har Quick and was running a Fgh at the time. I guess if you aint running force, you dont deserve crap huh?

chibiLegolas
Oct 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
Like I've always said in the past:
set in order > random.

Don't blame the players who pick up the Keros and scapedolls. Blame the RANDOMIZED order you were placed into to receive those items!

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-10-26 11:42, Orin654 wrote:
Remendy is pissed because I got the Har Quick and was running a Fgh at the time. I guess if you aint running force, you dont deserve crap huh?

if you're not playing as a force, you never play as a force, didn't you know that? Or even better, you don't have a friend who's a force who wants it just as bad.

THE JACKEL

Tsundere
Oct 26, 2007, 01:58 PM
I used to like set order...until I duoed with a friend and she got 7 out of the 8 rares that dropped. Plus, with order you get people who like to "work the system." Now I only choose random when I lead a party.

imfanboy
Oct 26, 2007, 02:04 PM

And when she gets the Solid/Power S or the [b] Sweet Death or the [b] Gizaha-Zashi or whatever YOU want (only punk n00bgunners have that much arrogance in my experience), she has the right to flip you the finger.

That's what being friends are about - you give your buddy what they want, and they give you what YOU want. Capish?

Jerk.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 26, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-10-26 11:58, Tsundere wrote:
I used to like set order...until I duoed with a friend and she got 7 out of the 8 rares that dropped. Plus, with order you get people who like to "work the system." Now I only choose random when I lead a party.

If it was set in order, then how did your friend get 7 out of 8 rares? o_O?

I prefer order myself, and I feel no need to argue whether or not it's fair, because IMO, it is. Simple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2007-10-26 12:08 ]</font>

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:04, imfanboy wrote:

And when she gets the Solid/Power S or the [b] Sweet Death or the [b] Gizaha-Zashi or whatever YOU want (only punk n00bgunners have that much arrogance in my experience), she has the right to flip you the finger.Yeah, except, I'm a decent human being, and if a HU-based class were to ask for something like that which I had just received, I would. Fuck, I gave away a damned [B] Svaltus Sword earlier in the week.

But then again, I'm attempting to get decency out of scum. Not likely to happen.

Tsundere
Oct 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:06, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

On 2007-10-26 11:58, Tsundere wrote:

If it was set in order, then how did your friend get 7 out of 8 rares? o_O?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2007-10-26 12:08 ]</font>

Good question.

Orin654
Oct 26, 2007, 02:13 PM

And when she gets the Solid/Power S or the [b] Sweet Death or the [b] Gizaha-Zashi or whatever YOU want (only punk n00bgunners have that much arrogance in my experience), she has the right to flip you the finger.

That's what being friends are about - you give your buddy what they want, and they give you what YOU want. Capish?

Jerk.

So...much...BS

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 02:14 PM

Jerk.

and why would anyone give up something for nothing? I can't tell you how many times I've personally been screwed over by people that once claimed to be my friend. I'm not one to just give something up anymore.

THE JACKEL

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
and why would anyone give up something for nothing?Oh, I dunno, this little thing called human decency? If I have something someone wants and I have no need for it, I'll give it to them. Why not?

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:16, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-10-26 12:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
and why would anyone give up something for nothing?Oh, I dunno, this little thing called human decency? If I have something someone wants and I have no need for it, I'll give it to them. Why not?

except, you could easily trade that thing for something you want. And you completely missed the rest of my post to try and make me out like an ass. I've given shyt away in the past, and gotten screwed over by people I thought were my friends. I'm not having that happen again. So unless you have something I want, I'm not giving away anything.

THE JACKEL

Cracka_J
Oct 26, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-10-26 11:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Even better yet, you only want to pick up good rares? Order is even better. Only pick up those rare weapon boards. If 4 drop, everyone gets a rare weapon.

I guarantee you if the above scenario happens, say 4 vahras all drop ragnus boards at the same time & they are all picked up, more then 1 will go to the same person on order, especially if rares are being skipped.

To clarify what I said based on your order terms, person A just got a kerseline and is in order C A B D. Next, the rare board spawns and goes to the next in order. Person A had a 0% chance of obtaining the board, but now has a wonderful kerseline to show for it. If you're down with that, it's fine by me. I just like everyone having an equal shot at the good stuff.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:24, Cracka_J wrote:

On 2007-10-26 11:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

I guarantee you if the above scenario happens, say 4 vahras all drop ragnus boards at the same time & they are all picked up, more then 1 will go to the same person on order, especially if rares are being skipped.

To clarify what I said based on your order terms, person A just got a kerseline and is in order C A B D. Next, the rare board spawns and goes to the next in order. Person A had a 0% chance of obtaining the board, but now has a wonderful kerseline to show for it. If you're down with that, it's fine by me. I just like everyone having an equal shot at the good stuff.

order is determined when rares are picked up. If nothing is picked up before those 4 boards, every single person should get a board

so the order is C A B D huh, and A got a kerseline. Now board drops and B gets it. Congrats, B got lucky enough that when their turn in the order came, the enemy dropped the rare. It's just as likely that A could've been in that spot in the order, or that monster that dropped kerseline could've dropped the board.

THE JACKEL

Sasamichan
Oct 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
Don't worry about it Remedy, humans are known to be selfish. No wonder why this world is all shitty.

Starrz
Oct 26, 2007, 02:30 PM
We've been over this months ago. There is no clear cut answer.

It all depends on your definition of "fair."

If you think everyone should have a shot at each rare, even if it means one person can get all of them, and someone can get nothing...then you might think Random is more fair.

If you think everyone should have a shot at each rare, except the rares should be more evenly distributed, regardless of the value of the rare...then you might think Order is more fair.

---

I personally believe Order is a lot more fair. There's nothing wrong with the scenario of 6 players in a party, and having 4 rares drop. 3 7-9* synth materials, and a 10* board, and having 3 different players have a synth material, 2 people receive nothing, and one person walk away with a 10* board.

Because if you look at the alternatives, 2 or more people are going to get nothing regardless. You might as well spread everything out, rather than potentially have someone get 2 or more rares.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 02:31 PM
you know, it's not even about being selfish. It's about having friends screw you over in the past. And don't even try and say I'm selfish. I had so many rare boards that I didn't need, I literally sat there until the servers went down, asking people if there was a board they had wanted and didn't get, and gave it to them. But something highly rare, I'm not giving away to anyone at this point.

THE JACKEL

DaRkWoLf30
Oct 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
I usually do order.

Orin654
Oct 26, 2007, 02:44 PM
Whats funny is that I offered rememdy my Me/Quick for free, then he/she say "I dont want a dammed Me Quick" Yep Im the bad guy here. Even said that if the Har Quick comes to me again ill give it up but left before she even saw it -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2007-10-26 12:45 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Oct 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:44, Orin654 wrote:
Whats funny is that I offered rememdy my Me/Quick for free,

I would of taken this as an insult.

Orin654
Oct 26, 2007, 02:52 PM
Really? Most people would have taken it as a freebie?

Turambar
Oct 26, 2007, 02:53 PM
There are selfish people in the world. Then there are overly touchy people in the world. I really don't know what kind annoys me more.

Eventually you're gonna have to understand there are people who wants to keep a piece of equip for an alt and that IS a legitimate reason. Of course, if you asked if you can claim the drop before hand and everyone was fine with it, thats a different story. But really, there is no reason to throw a fit over it. Just find another one. It's not like getting to the last set of boxes on Neu is difficult....

Sasamichan
Oct 26, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:52, Orin654 wrote:
Really? Most people would have taken it as a freebie?

Well, I'm sure Remedy already has a me/quick, and probably took it as an insult. I know I would of too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-10-26 12:57 ]</font>

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:44, Orin654 wrote:
then he/she say "I dont want a dammed Me Quick"Actually, if you want to quote me, my exact statement was:

"I already have a damned Me/Quick, why do you think I'm out here hunting a Har/Quick?"

But whatever. What's done is done and that's one of the predicted three H/Qs that I predicted I'd lose to someone before I ended up getting my own. We'll see how Nostradamus-esque I really am by the end of this week, I suppose.

Powder Keg
Oct 26, 2007, 06:30 PM
assumptions that people are scum for not giving things away. ROFLMAO

And Jackel, it IS possible to have a 0% chance on certain items.

Say the beginning order is A, B. C. D

First item fell: Diad.

A will NOT receive any more rares until B C and D get theirs. So if the next thing that is picked up is a rare board, they're not getting it.

Turambar
Oct 26, 2007, 07:17 PM
The only problem with that is no one knows what is going to drop next. Additionally, you're not the only one picking stuff up.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-10-26 16:30, Artea wrote:
assumptions that people are scum for not giving things away. ROFLMAO

And Jackel, it IS possible to have a 0% chance on certain items.

A will NOT receive any more rares until B C and D get theirs. So if the next thing that is picked up is a rare board, they're not getting it.

but my whole point is, when the order started any person was just as likely to be first, and the rare board is just as likely to drop anywhere in the order.

THE JACKEL

Sazan
Oct 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-10-26 16:30, Artea wrote:

But if you are C or D and A B got some rares your chance of getting the rare boards that could drop next is 50% or 100%. Not crappy 25%.

Sekani
Oct 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
Don't drag this 25% 0% debate out, I think we all know pretty much how Order works by now.

Bottom line, some people have a different idea of fairness than others, some people value certain red boxes more than others. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here.