PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Offline Episode 2 Story Mode voices & custscenes "Excl

Xtian913
Oct 26, 2007, 08:23 AM
Okay, so I'm sure most people have heard the official Nov. 20th release date for AotI.

BUT, unless I'm reading this wrong, I do believe we 360 players are being shafted when it comes to the re-worked offline Episode 2 content.

"Exclusive to the PC/PS2: Offline Episode 2 Story Mode with new voices and cut scenes" as shown here:

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/illuminus_info.php#release

While most of us will be spending 99% of our time online, I do enjoy offline mode once in a while and this is probably one of the only times I wish I didn't play on 360 if that's indeed the case. ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-10-26 06:44 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Oct 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
Come back to the PC side, defectees!

Deus-Irae
Oct 26, 2007, 08:35 AM
wow, misleading topic title.

Sekani
Oct 26, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm just going to torrent the PC version for the offline stuff.

Reipard
Oct 26, 2007, 08:40 AM
The offline from what I heard isn't that impressive anyway. I don't know why it's so exciting to everyone- it's basically what we have now, plus a few new missions and the new weapons/clothing. There isn't even advanced types. If I understand correctly, the Just Attack and Just Counter don't even work.

Xtian913
Oct 26, 2007, 08:46 AM
Well, regardless of the offline content not being anything amazing, I still feel a little screwed over. I mean, come on, Oblivion's expansion was able to squeeze in a ton of more content. High-res graphics, full voiceovers, etc etc etc... Can Sega seriously not compress their data? Geez...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-10-26 06:47 ]</font>

Rashiid
Oct 26, 2007, 08:47 AM
lolposts.

anyway - i aint trippin` off of this - im glad its microsoft points - much easier to ask for then 20$ str8 up.

my focus is online anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif - i can always read about what happens

Reipard
Oct 26, 2007, 08:47 AM
I honestly have no idea how that happened. That had to have been the worst combination of a connection hiccup and a form post I've seen in a while. If the moderators are reading this, then let me apologize for that. It was honestly unintentional.

Well, regardless of the offline content not being anything amazing, I still feel a little screwed over. I mean, come on, Oblivion's expansion was able to squeeze in a ton of more content. High-res graphics, full voiceovers, etc etc etc... Can Sega seriously not compress their data? Geez...

Well, the offline portion might be something of a gyp- but that has to coexist with the online portion at the same time, remember. In this context, it's a little easier to accept. At least for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-10-26 06:53 ]</font>

Chibi_psu
Oct 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
The offline mode in aoi is great .Counter and attack works fine.There are lots of mission,weapons and items.Its worth the extra money it cost on pc and ps2 i swear

Sylpheed
Oct 26, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-10-26 07:14, chibichibi wrote:
The offline mode in aoi is great .Counter and attack works fine.There are lots of mission,weapons and items.Its worth the extra money it cost on pc and ps2 i swear

Pish Posh give me the cheaper version (360) with no offline mode over the PS2 version anyday.

princejake2
Oct 26, 2007, 10:12 AM
It seems fair, considering us 360 players get it cheaper.

Esufer
Oct 26, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-10-26 08:12, princejake2 wrote:
It seems fair, considering our version doesn't suck.

Fixed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sylpheed
Oct 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
On 2007-10-26 08:16, Esufer wrote:

Amen to that.

JAFO22000
Oct 26, 2007, 10:19 AM
If PC/PS2 players were given a choice:

$40 for version with offline mode

or

$20 for version with no offline mode

which do you think would be the better seller?

Xtian913
Oct 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
Hmmm, now that I think about it.... Didn't some importers say that when they first logged on, not all the content was available, but once they passed the offline story mode, most stuff was unlocked?

I'm guessing it'll be unlocked for us 360'ers right off the bat?

Zorafim
Oct 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
Everything in offline mode is available online, isn't it? There isn't even a new story, it's the same thing we saw this past year. I don't think anyone will even notice a lack of offline.

Esufer
Oct 26, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-10-26 08:49, Zorafim wrote:
Everything in offline mode is available online, isn't it? There isn't even a new story, it's the same thing we saw this past year. I don't think anyone will even notice a lack of offline.

PSU has an offline mode?

Reipard
Oct 26, 2007, 12:01 PM

It's fine that you think that way, but I'm not exactly raring to go play the online story missions and Unsafe Passage > True Darkness all over again just so I can check out a few new missions and deck out my character where it doesn't really matter in the least.

And are you sure? I definitely remember reading that Just Attack/Just Counter have the EFFECTS in offline AOI but they dont' actually do anything.

Kinako78
Oct 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
Thank you, RedX.

waluigi1
Oct 26, 2007, 02:35 PM
I think it does seem kind of fair that the 360 version is cheaper in exchange for no offline but if I could pick to pay more for the offline, I would...Also with no disc/offline mode, I wonder how the achievments are going to work if there are any...And lastly, I am getting both versions now specifically for the offline mode and cause I would like to have the cases next to each other...

beatrixkiddo
Oct 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-10-26 10:01, Reipard wrote:

It's fine that you think that way, but I'm not exactly raring to go play the online story missions and Unsafe Passage > True Darkness all over again just so I can check out a few new missions and deck out my character where it doesn't really matter in the least.

And are you sure? I definitely remember reading that Just Attack/Just Counter have the EFFECTS in offline AOI but they dont' actually do anything.

Yes, Just Attack and Just Counter work offline.

Turambar
Oct 26, 2007, 02:41 PM

Clips of AoI gameplay that display damage disagrees with you.

Xtian913
Oct 26, 2007, 02:41 PM
I agree. I know a bunch of people who have never, and will never, touch Offline Mode - which is understandable, but whenever I can't (or don't want to) log on for whatever reason Offline is fun to just test new characters out on.

Hmmm, of course, we never know if in the future SEGA might release an actual packaged game of PSU:AOI for the 360. Tomb Radier Anniversary was originally intended to be download only for the 360, but is now will be actual packaged game. Then again, this is SEGA....

ThEoRy
Oct 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
lemme see, 20$ more for content that I've already played? And you think I'm getting the shaft? Someone fell asleep in economics class.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 26, 2007, 02:52 PM
Illuminus's offline mode is actually decent. I'd buy it but I've already bought three copies of PSU and money's a little tight as of late, so... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xtian913
Oct 26, 2007, 02:55 PM
I liked playing the original Story & Extra Mode just to see stuff months before it's unlocked for us online. I'm not really bitching, just saying I would have liked the option to buy just the online content, or paying extra for both online & offline.

Sasamichan
Oct 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
Heh, nice to see the PC/ps2 version to get something exclusive.

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:49, ThEoRy wrote:
lemme see, 20$ more for content that I've already played? And you think I'm getting the shaft? Someone fell asleep in economics class.

Bingo.

JAFO22000
Oct 26, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-10-26 12:35, waluigi1 wrote:
...Also with no disc/offline mode, I wonder how the achievments are going to work if there are any...

Online achievements:

50pts.- Rappy booter: Kick all other party members upon rappy sighting.

50pts.- Spamanator: Go the the most populated lobby and spam badly misspelled and overpriced items in your shop to everyone there. Constantly. For 3 hours. Achievement will not unlock if you don't use the "yell" bubble.

50pts.- Vanilla: Run only the most popular mission because it has the best reward for the time spent. Must run the same mission 847 times in a row to unlock!

50pts.- HEL YEH!: Scam somebody out of items totalling more than 1,000,000 meseta during one 24 hour period.

50pts.- Jao Booter: Same as "Rappy Booter", but for Jaos.

50pts.- Everybody loves me!: Constantly talk in your microphone for a whole mission. Also works if you have a fan that causes a constant stream of noise to annoy others.

50pts.- Genius: Get 25 people to believe that confirmed story you heard from your friend's sister's father's dog's hairdresser's mailman that Newmans are getting summons.

50pts.- This sucks!: Complain about 3 star luck until your character has it, at which point it becomes the best thing ever. Continue complaining the day after about how you didn't get anything "good".

50pts.- Diga Spammer! (force only): Get your diga to max level while keeping your support techs under level 6.

50pts.- Spread 'em! (hunter only): Spread EVERY enemy in a map. Do not let them group up at ANY cost. The further you throw groups in different directions, the better. Bonus if your force is using a Ra- or Dam- spell or if a PT is about to set a trap down.

50pts.- Killer Shot Roks! (ranger only): Use killer shot on robots. Make them explode only when your teammates are close to them.

I didn't see the rest of them, though...maybe someone else knows what they are???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-10-26 13:13 ]</font>

Reipard
Oct 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, Just Attack and Just Counter work offline.

Then I consider myself mistaken on Just Attack and Just Counter. Thank you, a confirmation is always nice ^_^.

Though I still don't consider what I played already with an AOI flavor and an added pointlessness to be new and interesting. I'm raring to get online even more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-10-26 14:34 ]</font>

physic
Oct 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
offline isnt the greatest thing, having to redo the online missions is annoying. Howevetr the game balance is totally different, it favors speed an action, you find stuff differently, get stuff for s ranking levels, annd some of the content that is offline you may not see for months. Its a fun little romp, just imagine psu on turbo power

Reipard
Oct 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
That doesn't sound any different at all from PSU Extra Mode o_o.

A2K
Oct 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
I find it disappointing myself, but hey, we're paying just half of the retail versions, so I'm not going to complain. I would be quite interested if they released AotI offline in yet another separate $10-$20 download, but I'm not holding my breath.

toxic_rf
Oct 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
Personally I'd rather pay half the price and not have the offline stuff. Also, by leaving all that stuff out, it makes the filesize smaller, which means I can download AoI to my 360 quicker.

I guess if I'm desperate then I could rent the PS2 version and rinse Story Mode over the course of a few days.

PJ
Oct 27, 2007, 06:48 AM

Considering a lot of people will be getting the PC version for free...

Eeyore
Oct 27, 2007, 07:41 AM
On 2007-10-27 04:48, PJ wrote:

Considering a lot of people will be getting the PC version for free...

http://www.xbox360achiever.com/promo.php

PJ
Oct 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
a) No one outside the US can get that.

b) Is it even real?

c) PC version is still free.

Apone
Oct 27, 2007, 08:43 AM
I like that I wont have to go to the store too. I hope live doesnt start lagging like that time when the bioshock demo released. It is almost 2 gigs after all.

Raven5_1
Oct 27, 2007, 09:33 AM
On 2007-10-27 05:48, PJ wrote:

we get what free?

waluigi1
Oct 27, 2007, 09:55 AM
On 2007-10-26 13:11, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-10-26 12:35, waluigi1 wrote:
...Also with no disc/offline mode, I wonder how the achievments are going to work if there are any...

Online achievements:

50pts.- Rappy booter: Kick all other party members upon rappy sighting.

50pts.- Spamanator: Go the the most populated lobby and spam badly misspelled and overpriced items in your shop to everyone there. Constantly. For 3 hours. Achievement will not unlock if you don't use the "yell" bubble.

50pts.- Vanilla: Run only the most popular mission because it has the best reward for the time spent. Must run the same mission 847 times in a row to unlock!

50pts.- HEL YEH!: Scam somebody out of items totalling more than 1,000,000 meseta during one 24 hour period.

50pts.- Jao Booter: Same as "Rappy Booter", but for Jaos.

50pts.- Everybody loves me!: Constantly talk in your microphone for a whole mission. Also works if you have a fan that causes a constant stream of noise to annoy others.

50pts.- Genius: Get 25 people to believe that confirmed story you heard from your friend's sister's father's dog's hairdresser's mailman that Newmans are getting summons.

50pts.- This sucks!: Complain about 3 star luck until your character has it, at which point it becomes the best thing ever. Continue complaining the day after about how you didn't get anything "good".

50pts.- Diga Spammer! (force only): Get your diga to max level while keeping your support techs under level 6.

50pts.- Spread 'em! (hunter only): Spread EVERY enemy in a map. Do not let them group up at ANY cost. The further you throw groups in different directions, the better. Bonus if your force is using a Ra- or Dam- spell or if a PT is about to set a trap down.

50pts.- Killer Shot Roks! (ranger only): Use killer shot on robots. Make them explode only when your teammates are close to them.

I didn't see the rest of them, though...maybe someone else knows what they are???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-10-26 13:13 ]</font>

LMAO That would suck...you have to remember this is sega though...remember the achievments on PSU? It would probably be more like...

50pts. - Get to lvl 10

50pts. - Get a PA/BA/Tech to 10

50pts. - Beat a mission

50pts. - Get an S on a mission

50pts. - Beat online story missions (Gasp?! Challenge?!)

Schubalts
Oct 27, 2007, 10:25 AM
Maybe the achievements suck because the Xbox Achievements system sucks, yet games have to have achievements?

PJ
Oct 27, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-10-27 07:33, Raven5_1 wrote:

On 2007-10-27 05:48, PJ wrote:

we get what free?

Torrent it, unless ST decides to use CD keys this time around, but I doubt it.

And everyone and their mother has JP AoI, and only one system file seperates it from US AoI if its anything like regular PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-10-27 09:39 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-10-27 08:25, Schubalts wrote:
Maybe the achievements suck because the Xbox Achievements system sucks, yet games have to have achievements?

If you took those seriously, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also, games have Achievements, yes, but there's no rule stating expansions are required to have them. Your opinion on the suckage of the Achievement system is not something I'm going to argue about, because you aren't worth the ban.

Schubalts
Oct 27, 2007, 01:41 PM
The original PSU didn't have achievements? Because I wasn't talking about AoI. :|

And I don't really care if you agree with my opinion of the Achievement system.

PJ
Oct 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
You'd get banned for arguing against the worthlessness of the Achievement system?

Anduril
Oct 27, 2007, 01:57 PM
This is just stupid..... Why would they do something like this? I feel upset and nauseated....

February
Oct 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-10-26 08:17, Sylpheed wrote:

On 2007-10-26 08:16, Esufer wrote:

Amen to that.

Elitism lol

Sekani
Oct 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-10-27 11:41, Schubalts wrote:
The original PSU didn't have achievements? Because I wasn't talking about AoI. :|

And I don't really care if you agree with my opinion of the Achievement system.

The "achievements" JAF0 listed were fake, sarcastic, and totally made up. Of course, that should have been obvious, but it amazes me how even the smallest details have to be spelled out for some people.

The original PSU does have achievements, but they are of no concern to you or your opinion.

omegapirate2k
Oct 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
See, you guys, people like us having numbers beside our names. Big numbers, the more we have, the cooler we think we are, and this means that we get respect, street cred. Obviously you can't comprehend what these numbers mean to us.

Schubalts
Oct 27, 2007, 03:09 PM
As I said, I wasn't talking about AoI. And it's funny how Achievements are "of no concern" of mine just because I don't worship them.

buzyb77
Oct 27, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-10-27 13:08, omegapirate2k wrote:
See, you guys, people like us having numbers beside our names. Big numbers, the more we have, the cooler we think we are, and this means that we get respect, street cred. Obviously you can't comprehend what these numbers mean to us.

it's not really that it's the whole Finised the game stuff...with the acheivements....we all know that guy that says that he is Great at X and he beat it on the Hardest diffculty but when you play againgt them they seem not to event know how tohold the controller or what button to push.. Acheivemets Prove wheiter that Gamer tag finished the game or not and if they say one thing and the Gamertag says anothe then you can pimpslap them for lieing.

Stat Tracking it can be your best Friend or worst enemy.

Schubalts
Oct 27, 2007, 05:27 PM
So, it is pointless other than e-peen comparisons? That's what mutiplayer is for!

Anduril
Oct 27, 2007, 05:42 PM
Just a question....Does SEGA even still ship new copies of PSU for the 360? I hardly ever see them, other than used copies. So doesn't that mean that by making the expansion download only they are killing the chances of getting more users? I don't think it sold well enough here to warrant a re-release as a greatest hit like Oblivion. So I wonder does this mean they will either start shipping out more copies of v.1 for the 360, or will they eventually make a disc form?(This is based on my assumption that they don't ship out new copies of v.1 in large quantities or at all at this point in time anymore)