PDA

View Full Version : Fire or Ice, Neudiaz

DaRkWoLf30
Oct 26, 2007, 06:34 PM
What armor do you prefer to wear on Neudiaz when your doing runs, Fire or Ice since both monsters are there?

HFlowen
Oct 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
I wear a lightning delette line to be sort of neutral from the foie and barta while having some exta STA.

Inazuma
Oct 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
you can change your armor during the mission, as long as you arent frozen at the moment.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 26, 2007, 06:46 PM
I prefer Ice armor since I get hit with ice more than fire.

stukasa
Oct 26, 2007, 06:46 PM
Both. I tried going with Light the first time (as a sort of "neutral" armor), and... yeah, not doing THAT again. >.>;; fTs just don't have the HP to withstand it. xD

mizukage
Oct 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
I don't see the difference between attack power when using ice attacks rather than fire attacks, but I usually use fire. Mainly, it gets 110% power at LV1 in comparison to 105% at LV1. And so, fire is actually stronger than ice, yet when used against the Dulk Falkis, the attack power is almost the same thing, probably just off by 50 points or so.

Edited: Oops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I wasn't reading the topic. Its actually about armors and not technics. I never wear any element armors and I don't see the point in wearing them either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-10-26 17:06 ]</font>

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 06:49 PM
Where's the "I wear both because I have the skill to switch armor on the fly" option? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kaloa
Oct 26, 2007, 06:59 PM
I don't wear fire or ice armor, and it has nothing to do with lack of skill. I just don't feel like changing my armor every 2 seconds. I'd rather focus on killing enemies.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
I find fire hits harder when they launch a foie attack

THE JACKEL

Eri_Kasamoto
Oct 26, 2007, 07:03 PM
any element that isn't mentioned in the topic.

Rashiid
Oct 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
ice. then fire - i switch sometimes.

Sylpheed
Oct 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
I use my fire stormline, the fire Gohmons Foie does WAY more damage than the ice ones. (to me anyway).

Indica
Oct 26, 2007, 07:28 PM
I switch between armors like any map. Weld-Line 44% Ice, Phantom-Line 24% Fire and for robots bonus, I just use Ganna-Line 50% Earth

-Xios-
Oct 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
Imz ganna breg abeet my leeta aAmourrrR

Mystil
Oct 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
I switch according to what spawns. If both spawns, I break my gun out shoot say...fire olgohmons and then switch to ice and melee attack the ice ones.

As long as I dont draw the fire olgohmons attention, I'm safe from being superbbqowned by fire while having my ice yamata-senba on.

Neith
Oct 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Where's the option for both?

Switching armour every spawn only requires a second or two anyway. If there's a mixed spawn, I go for Fire armour. As much as buffed Gohmon Barta hurts, it pales in comparison to 2000+ from a Foie Gohmon if you get caught out wearing Ice Armour.

Authenticate
Oct 26, 2007, 08:10 PM
I have both fire and ice armor and I switch as needed. Once a group is down, I pop my menu up while running to the next group and get ready to switch if needed.

Acceleration
Oct 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
I wear both, and switch on the fly when necessary. This is crucial for me, since I wear 50% fire and ice armor, and use Tero/Rainbow. it HURTS if I get hit with the wrong element. If the monster is buffed, that's a possible one shot from full health. Takes finesse.

For mixed spawns (like 2 fire Olgohmons and 4 ice Olgohmons) lure the fire ones away from the ice ones, and fight them first. The fire ones walk towards you, while the ice ones stay put for the most part. You can lure the fire ones far enough from the ice ones so their Barta won't hit you.

For spawns like the 3 Ollaka + 2 ice Olgohmon, I wear fire armor and kill the Olgohmon first by attacking from behind. Risky, but it can be done if you can kill the Olgohmon fast enough and stay behind them, thus avoinding the Barta. After they die, unleash on the Ollaka.

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
Acceleration basically described what I do, but without the 50% armor here (I have 20%, I don't have gobs and gobs of meseta nor the devil's own luck).

Dirkster111
Oct 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
This mission is a perfect example of why we should be able to change armors throught the pallette.

Randomness
Oct 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
I was screwing around with both in there, and I think ice is better, simply because for me, as a wartecher, I can quickly heal off any non-lethal blow, as long as I'm not frozen. If I'm frozen, I'm helpless, so with ice, I can get frozen, and take a lot of hits beofre dying, enough time to unfreeze.

BlackHat
Oct 26, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-10-26 16:35, HFlowen wrote:
I wear a lightning delette line to be sort of neutral from the foie and barta while having some exta STA.

So do I >:/

BanF
Oct 26, 2007, 11:28 PM
I only have the ice one.

Broodstar1337
Oct 26, 2007, 11:42 PM
I wear Light because there's no way in hell I'm switching between fire or ice when I fight combo mobs of both...

Jarek
Oct 26, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-10-26 17:57, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Switching armour every spawn only requires a second or two anyway. If there's a mixed spawn, I go for Fire armour. As much as buffed Gohmon Barta hurts, it pales in comparison to 2000+ from a Foie Gohmon if you get caught out wearing Ice Armour.

Same for me.

Kion
Oct 27, 2007, 12:50 AM
i go neutral and dogde everything. well, most of it >.<

Noblewine
Oct 27, 2007, 03:53 AM
I use fire though that puts me in a huge disadvantage against ice but at the same time present a challenge.

MT7218
Oct 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
I tend to switch armors a bit: Usually what element the Olgohmons are in groups, fire or ice, and in mixed Olgoh groups, which element is more commonplace. Ageetas are a joke, regardless of their element, so I usually don't bother switching armors and just attack away. Tengohs(sp?) and Ollikas I'll switch to fire, unless Ollikas are accompinied by Ice Olgohmons, and keep an ice armor on. I'll also wear Fire armor agianst the Kagajibari, since using Dark on it is a bad idea and I like to leave burn on them with Burning Shot. In all honesty, though, the best defense here is to focus and kill off mobs of one element quickly before killing off the other ones. Priortize killing enemies of one element ASAP, then take care of the enemies of the other element. Have like one person distract the Fire mobs, while the others kill the Ice mobs quicker, then all converge on the Fire mobs. Which you choose to kill should be based on your group: No techers, kill the Ice enemies first. Freeze sucks to get stuck in, leaving you to the mercy of the enemy, or hope to god someone uses a Sol Atomizer on you. With a techer, Fire, as they hit the hardest, making the Techer have to heal more.

UltimateAura
Oct 27, 2007, 07:14 AM
i have made a fire rabol rappy but havent used it as i am using my light one. I tend to change it when i get to the old temple to light so i can get protection against balls of light

Sasamichan
Oct 27, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-10-27 05:14, UltimateAura wrote:
i have made a fire rabol rappy but havent used it as i am using my light one. I tend to change it when i get to the old temple to light so i can get protection against balls of light

Rabol Rappy is light only.

zeroguy518
Oct 27, 2007, 01:33 PM
I use Ice since I'd much rather be burned than frozen

Kinako78
Oct 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
Fire cause that's all I have. I usually manage to dodge the ice attacks, anyway.

Anduril
Oct 27, 2007, 03:56 PM
As a FT I use my Neutral Hiragi-senba. When I switch to GT I use my Dark Hoza-senba. Of course I kinda have issues when I switch out to Fortegunner, since the highest level armor that I own that I can use is a Gi-senba, so I'm constantly dodging fireballs.

Tekershee
Oct 27, 2007, 04:00 PM
On my fF, I go Ice mainly because I see huge rows of barta everywhere but hardly any Foie.

If I'm not feeling sleepy, I'll switch about a tad.

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-10-26 17:57, UrikoBB3 wrote:

I got caught not paying attention, and a Foie from the buffed Fire Gohmon hit me while I had my 26% Ice Crimson Line equipped. It killed me twice over, and I have 2300 HP.

I now stick with my Lightning Crimson Line (until one of the Techers decides it'll be fun to Diga the Kagajibari. Then I switch to Fire, because I use my Fire Mukfet on him.)

Remedy
Oct 27, 2007, 04:52 PM
[b]On 2007-10-27 14:09, Obsidian_Knight (until one of the Techers decides it'll be fun to Diga the Kagajibari. Then I switch to Fire, because I use my Fire Mukfet on him.)For some reason, people tend to get real cranky when I Megiverse him, yet there're people smacking him with dark weapons and whatnot.

Hypocrites. :|

Midicronica
Oct 27, 2007, 05:12 PM
I love the Rabol Dunga set and the only one I have is fire, so that's pretty much the only armor I wear during the mission.

Kinako78
Oct 27, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-10-27 14:52, Remedy wrote:

[b]On 2007-10-27 14:09, Obsidian_Knight (until one of the Techers decides it'll be fun to Diga the Kagajibari. Then I switch to Fire, because I use my Fire Mukfet on him.)For some reason, people tend to get real cranky when I Megiverse him, yet there're people smacking him with dark weapons and whatnot.

Hypocrites. :|

I actually found Diga was the best thing to use on him, cause it causes him to do the least damage and it only inflicts silence.