PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Mission: Rappys On Neudaiz Help! (1UP Cup)

UltimateAura
Oct 27, 2007, 08:17 AM
Ok To Find The Rare Rappy Bird On The New Mission: Deadly Brilliance, I know you need the maiden, however i am wondering,
1. Is there anything else that you need to get them?
2. Is there a way to trigger the maiden, E.g. Time?
coins collected?

Thanks for the help, If I get any.

Rizen
Oct 27, 2007, 08:18 AM
I believe its random.

-Xios-
Oct 27, 2007, 08:23 AM
everyone has thies thoughts about rappies and stuff, i had maiden 3 times in a row and not once did I get rappys, its all random stop thinking its somthing special.

Alamar
Oct 27, 2007, 08:26 AM
had her 4 times last night and nothing. so I am starting to think its random myself

-Xios-
Oct 27, 2007, 08:41 AM
Finally, on my 4th run I got 29 coins in the boat thing, and got the maiden and I got rappys, so out of 4 runs with her I got 1 set of rappys...

Wallin
Oct 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hmm... long shot here, wonder if it's related to the coins and/or the time you get on the floaders.

Very unlikely, but anything to get us more feathers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
So, I finally hit 100 with Shiro Ryuu [the Human FI, not to be confused with Shiro the Newman FT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif] in Thursday. I wasn't on here for much yesterday, so I just decided to post it now. Now I think I'll work on Therion.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1838/psu20071026103203000wz6.png

beatrixkiddo
Oct 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
Er, wrong thread? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rappies are most common with Karen, but Karen shows up the least of all NPCs.
Rappies are decently common with Mirei.
Rappies are uncommon with Ethan
Rappies are very rare with no NPC (or not possible)

Da_trader
Oct 27, 2007, 12:36 PM
i bealive u need the 30 coins and a decent time to get mirei and rappies will spawn cause we had them 3 times in a row with mirei so idk

Bitey
Oct 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
i bealive u need the 30 coins and a decent time to get mirei and rappies will spawn cause we had them 3 times in a row with mirei so idk

The coins mean nothing except for how many boxes you get after the Floaders. Every time I solo the mission I almost always get Mirei (I have gotten Mirei about 10 times now, ethen once, and no NPC twice) and I rarely collect more than 20 of those coins. I have gotten rappies about 5 times as well.

It is random.

tailz
Oct 27, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-10-27 06:23, -Xios- wrote:
everyone has thies thoughts about rappies and stuff, i had maiden 3 times in a row and not once did I get rappys, its all random stop thinking its somthing special.

well considering this game has been out for a year and there is not a single mission that rappies have been just completely random, im guessin ur wrong...

ive made lists of every creature that spawns in each run i do, and theres parts with different creature spawns... once i get more time, i guarantee you i can figure out possible rappy maps... i did it on parum, and once i had my list made 3 days into the week, we got rappies every single time i called it... it is absolutely NOT random

Itsuki
Oct 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
On 2007-10-27 11:02, tailz wrote:

On 2007-10-27 06:23, -Xios- wrote:

well considering this game has been out for a year and there is not a single mission that rappies have been just completely random, im guessin ur wrong...

ive made lists of every creature that spawns in each run i do, and theres parts with different creature spawns... once i get more time, i guarantee you i can figure out possible rappy maps... i did it on parum, and once i had my list made 3 days into the week, we got rappies every single time i called it... it is absolutely NOT random

Its random whether you get the map that allows for rappies or not. That, in effect, makes them random. Just like they're random in ALL other missions.

Theres nothing you can do in a mission, short of restarting the mission, that can increase your chance of rappies.

Thinking points or chips or something else has some influence on wether or not you get rappies is about as dumb as that feng shui thing. As far as I'm concerned, this is just 360 players off in their own world.

DUN
Oct 27, 2007, 08:05 PM
I did not get rappys with the maiden i got them with her sister i dont rember her name though.

Sekani
Oct 27, 2007, 08:45 PM
The only way to get rappies is to get lucky, basically. That hasn't changed since the beginning of the game.

On 2007-10-27 11:11, Itsuki-chan wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, this is just 360 players off in their own world.

I didn't see any mention of either console in this discussion, so why are you trying to start shit? The mods might let you slide on this bullshit because you're a contributor, but believe I won't.

LP_Phoenix
Oct 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
okay....now i know which spawn is important...
and trust me its that easy... if u get a king ageeta in the 3rd warp room, then u get rappys.... i got that version with mirei and karen. i will test ethan too, but just right now...no ethan will play with me^^ only the maiden and her sister

awesomegary
Oct 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
does anyone know the rappy map on deadly brilliance

buzyb77
Oct 27, 2007, 11:25 PM
the two times i have seen them I got 27 Coins...

LP_Phoenix
Oct 27, 2007, 11:28 PM
lol..... and i know the important spawn.... u need to get a ageeta king in the 3rd warp room , then u get rappys in the normal mission. got that rare map with karen and mirei... i dont see ethan atm.... so i cant say that this spawn works for him too...
if i know it, i let u know...

ShadowHado
Oct 27, 2007, 11:35 PM
I got rappies 3 times yesterday, and I can only confirm a few details.

1. EVERY time was with Mirei as the NPC helper.

2. The second and third time I got them, I noticed Mirei saying "I can feel the presence of very powerful photons nearby..." or something VERY close to that. As far as I know, she doesn't just say that every time you get her.

3. Although this doesn't help much, I did notice that in I what I believe was the "2nd room" of Ageetas when you enter the temple, there was a King Ageeta amongst the others, where as that normally doesn't happen. Again, I know that doesn't help much because by that time you are a few rooms from finding out if you got rappies ANYWAYS, but I thought I would share.

That's all I got, but I'll let you all know if I find something in block 1 or 2. I thought I saw an alteration of some kind with the Ollakas, but I'm just not sure. Good luck hunting.

BlackHat
Oct 27, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:35, ShadowHado wrote:
I got rappies 3 times yesterday, and I can only confirm a few details.

1. EVERY time was with Mirei as the NPC helper.

No.

2. The second and third time I got them, I noticed Mirei saying "I can feel the presence of very powerful photons nearby..." or something VERY close to that. As far as I know, she doesn't just say that every time you get her.

No.

3. Although this doesn't help much, I did notice that in I what I believe was the "2nd room" of Ageetas when you enter the temple, there was a King Ageeta amongst the others, where as that normally doesn't happen. Again, I know that doesn't help much because by that time you are a few rooms from finding out if you got rappies ANYWAYS, but I thought I would share.

Maybe.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 27, 2007, 11:54 PM
You're saying he didn't find rappies three times with Mirei?

BlackHat
Oct 27, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:54, beatrixkiddo wrote:
You're saying he didn't find rappies three times with Mirei?

Exactly. That is the case of smoking hemp.

No those circumstances don't matter at all.

R2R_Crysaki
Oct 28, 2007, 12:08 AM
Well, my first run there(which was A rank) we had Ethan Waber and 8 points and got rappies on EX mission two on our first run

Sydz
Oct 28, 2007, 12:15 AM
On 2007-10-27 22:08, R2R_Crysaki wrote:
Well, my first run there(which was A rank) we had Ethan Waber and 8 points and got rappies on EX mission two on our first run

Ex is its own rules. As for Mirei that's not really concrete. I've seen them with Karen, and not Mirei.

Authenticate
Oct 28, 2007, 12:24 AM
I've seen rappies with Karen and Mirei. Never had them when Ethan was around or there wasn't an NPC. The enemy lay out is pretty consistent across the first few blocks of the maps so reseting is pointless. By the time you can tell, you may as well just finish for the meseta bonus and the Gurhal Check points or whatever they're called. I know 5 million is an impossible dream, but we need all the points we can get dammit.

UltimateAura
Oct 28, 2007, 05:03 AM
ok, so Rappys can occur no matter what NPC you get,
They are common with Mirei and Karen
Mirei MIGHT say "I sense the presence of powerful photons." (She said that when I got them but never had her without Rappies.)
In one of the warp rooms, there will be a king ageeta.
Some1 test that and we might have worked out something. I would but my internet is all funny and I cant connect to PSU

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2007, 05:54 AM
On 2007-10-28 03:03, UltimateAura wrote:
Mirei MIGHT say "I sense the presence of powerful photons." (She said that when I got them but never had her without Rappies.)

She says that with or without rappys.

LP_Phoenix
Oct 28, 2007, 06:52 AM
lol.... i dont know why...but the ageeta king spway doesnt work with ethan, got it and no rappys... now the question, does anyone got rappys in normal mission when ethan appears?

TEARZOps
Oct 29, 2007, 05:40 AM
it doesnt matter about the NPC's or the ageeta king

it has to do with the coins and time

27 coins and a time of 22:30 and you will get karen saying "your late" and then you will have a 60% chance at rappys

30 coins and 11:25 you will get no NPC and a 40% chance at rappys

other then that i dont know aside from no matter what you do you have a 20% chance at rappys spwaning randomly in the bonus mission

Sekani
Oct 29, 2007, 07:42 AM
On 2007-10-29 03:40, TEARZOps wrote:

27 coins and a time of 22:30 and you will get karen saying "your late" and then you will have a 60% chance at rappys

other then that i dont know aside from no matter what you do you have a 20% chance at rappys spwaning randomly in the bonus mission

*facepalm*

Aka
Oct 29, 2007, 08:09 AM
On 2007-10-27 20:58, LP_Phoenix wrote:
okay....now i know which spawn is important...
and trust me its that easy... if u get a king ageeta in the 3rd warp room, then u get rappys.... i got that version with mirei and karen. i will test ethan too, but just right now...no ethan will play with me^^ only the maiden and her sister

Getting a King Ageeta in the 3rd room and having Mirei as NPC does not guarentee a Rappy Spawn.

Noblewine
Oct 29, 2007, 11:59 AM
THey probably show up randomly however cross your fingers that you get one if you put it on order or random.

UltimateAura
Oct 29, 2007, 05:35 PM
it isnt to do with time or coins. the only thing coins do is change the laser gates to speed up the floader trip.
king ageeta doesnt garuantee a spawn its like 80% or something

BlackHat
Oct 29, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-10-29 03:40, TEARZOps wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

---

It's basically random. You can't effect who you get.

Ethan has 0 chance from what I've seen.
The Maiden has about 20% chance, from what I've seen.
And Karen has a 75% chance, from what I've seen.
No NPC has about 10% chance.

I've only gotten Karen a few times and all but 1 time there was a Rappy spawn. I've gotten the Maiden 10 times in a row and haven't seen any Rappies. I've gotten Ethan alot and he never has Rappies.

Basically if you're hunting Rappies abandon if you don't get an NPC or you get Ethan.

Suz
Oct 29, 2007, 07:31 PM
And just how is everyone getting these so-called statistics from this? I don't understand.

shakenbake
Oct 30, 2007, 12:07 AM
they are making them up.

by the way, ive been wondering about the king ageeta spawn too, after running it for the last 3 days, king ageeta means only 3 ollaka spawn after the maze, regular means a 4th will spawn (aka, where rappies will be). and i haven't gotten rappies when no king spawned, so i've never gotten 4 rappies on this mission. its held true all day today, so i'm pretty sure thats correct.

BlackHat
Oct 30, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-10-29 17:31, Suz wrote:
And just how is everyone getting these so-called statistics from this? I don't understand.

With hax.

OraReen
Oct 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
Definitely random.

stukasa
Oct 30, 2007, 10:44 AM
Karen > Mirei > Ethan

I think that about sums it up.

I've only gotten rappies twice, both times with Karen. Go figure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

P.S. - By the time you find out if you've got rappies you might as well just finish the mission..

BlackHat
Oct 30, 2007, 11:10 AM
On 2007-10-30 08:44, stukasa wrote:
Karen > Mirei > Ethan

That's a good way of putting it for the simpler minded people..

UltimateAura
Oct 30, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-10-29 22:07, shakenbake wrote:
they are making them up.

I don't think that is the right way to say it.
Read for yourself, rappies arent completely random on ANY mission. The only random thing is getting the map that gives you Rappies. Sega hide things in the game and just because they don't leak it people think it isn't true

shakenbake
Oct 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
nothing in computers are completely random, only simulated random. but they are still guessing at the figures, until they show us their statistical research.

i dont get how you say getting rappies aren't random on a mission, but still say getting the map for them is. that makes it random for me.

stukasa's right though, since the indicator for rappies is about 3 mins from the end of the mission, might as well finish it. even C drops me/quicks, and the ex can have rappies too.