PDA

View Full Version : SUV Weapons, What one should I get

UltimateAura
Oct 27, 2007, 08:21 AM
Ok guys, I recently got my new CAST character to level 20 and I am looking to buy him SUV weapons.
As I have no experience with these, can you guys help me out, I want an SUV that hits high, but hits all monsters in range.

Alamar
Oct 27, 2007, 08:32 AM
the 120k cant remember the name it is the one that says it shoots missles. the best one IMHO

Mwabwetumba
Oct 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
I'd advise you to go with Sturm Buster. And then, when you're ready to equip some A rank armour, upgrade to the Sturm Attacker. That should have you satisfied. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 27, 2007, 08:50 AM
You probably can only use the Buster series, I suggest if you wanna be covered use Sturm and Grom.

Sturm is the one that juggles enemies and causes burn.

Grom is a great damage dealer for bosses

B rank Armour can only use the Buster Series, A rank can use the attacker series.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2007-10-27 06:50 ]</font>

UltimateAura
Oct 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
thanks guys

New_One
Oct 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
GromGromGromGromGromGromGromGrom

UltimateAura
Oct 27, 2007, 10:02 AM
yeah i got em both with cash from my other account and gave my CAST phantomline for when hes ready lol

Dragwind
Oct 27, 2007, 10:14 AM
Learn to position mobs and use Grom for most damage. Works great on bosses as well.

Eri_Kasamoto
Oct 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
its annoying and stupid to see CASTs that use Sturm on Bosses...its just stupid.

IMO, Sturm users on Bosses = Lazy Aimers

buzyb77
Oct 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-10-27 06:42, Mwabwetumba wrote:
I'd advise you to go with Sturm Buster. And then, when you're ready to equip some A rank armour, upgrade to the Sturm Attacker. That should have you satisfied. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

yeah thats a good Idea for him but I was LVL39 Rank 7 Fortegunner before I could do this.

Gryffin
Oct 27, 2007, 02:59 PM
Sori-senba.

Get one, and get an attacker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

buzyb77
Oct 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-10-27 12:59, Gryffin wrote:
Sori-senba.

Get one, and get an attacker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

you need 56 defence....

Arcturus
Oct 27, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-10-27 12:50, Eri_Kasamoto wrote:
its annoying and stupid to see CASTs that use Sturm on Bosses...its just stupid.

Oh, so casts shouldn't even use their SUV on a boss if it happens to be Sturm? You completely missed the point of why someone would pick Sturm. Duh, of course they would notice it does less damage than Grom or whatever else. However, Sturm is amazing for rooms with hordes of enemies, which can't all be herded into the strike zone where a Grom can hit them. Sturm hits everything, and sets everything on fire.

gryphonvii
Oct 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
the a rank armor with the lowest dfp requirement and extra slot is the ga-senba (only 47 req) so if you can buy one of those and are impatient to get a rank suv's thats the one. I sugesst grom, but blits isn't to bad, I like blitz when I don't want to use grom or sturm,

Broodstar1337
Oct 27, 2007, 11:15 PM
Get the one that drops a giant fucking mushroom on top of your targets.

P.S. I'm not making this up. You WILL see this some day...

buzyb77
Oct 27, 2007, 11:24 PM
Thats the Casnio one...I think... Btw I want this one myself

Zorafim
Oct 27, 2007, 11:32 PM
Buy both Sturm and Grom buster. Always keep Sturm equipped. Once you're ready to use your SUV, equip the SUV you want. No, your SUV will not go away if you switch, so you can choose at the time of your blast which one you want.

Eri_Kasamoto
Oct 28, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-10-27 17:05, Arcturus wrote:

Oh, so casts shouldn't even use their SUV on a boss if it happens to be Sturm? You completely missed the point of why someone would pick Sturm. Duh, of course they would notice it does less damage than Grom or whatever else. However, Sturm is amazing for rooms with hordes of enemies, which can't all be herded into the strike zone where a Grom can hit them. Sturm hits everything, and sets everything on fire.

so...are you saying Bosses BURN as well?

Pics plz

MrNomad
Oct 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-10-27 22:57, Eri_Kasamoto wrote:

Pics plz

I duno, but when you're fighting Magas and a CAST uses Sturm on him, are you still gonna be a prick about him damaging the boss? No, because magas is fast moving and can escape grom normally, and since you're too busy bitching about irrelevant things he's the only person actually hitting the boss.

Arcturus
Oct 28, 2007, 11:48 AM

Pics plz

><

Ok, listen. I really hope you can understand this. I'll make it as simple as possible: The people who use Sturm believe the pros of its ability to clear out an entire room outweigh the cons of the low damage it does on bosses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus on 2007-10-28 09:51 ]</font>

DUN
Oct 28, 2007, 07:21 PM
Im a lv64 cast and I would tell you to get the strum starting then go to a A rank hagle I kno I spelt that wrong but yea it hits 1000 to 1500 and higher and it sweeps insted of just hits in the air so yeah do that.

IsoDonk
Oct 29, 2007, 06:52 AM
I went for Grom Buster/Attacker for the longest time, and in the right situation it's devastating. Works best if you have enemies near a wall as when you hit them with it they'll get blown backwards - meaning that of the ten hits it does, you might only connect with three or four if there's a wide open space behind them.

If you've got a wall behind them though, they'll take the full 10.

What with the 1up cup though, I picked up Sturm Attacker (120k) for use in the EX missions - and boy is it special at the right time. It's also a good one to use if your enemies are spread out or in a wide open space - it won't do as much damage but it will hit more things.

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2007, 07:06 AM
It's good to have a few because all of them are good in different situations. Just switch them out based on your given situation.

Rashiid
Oct 29, 2007, 08:44 AM
On 2007-10-28 09:48, Arcturus wrote:

Pics plz

><

Ok, listen. I really hope you can understand this. I'll make it as simple as possible: The people who use Sturm believe the pros of its ability to clear out an entire room outweigh the cons of the low damage it does on bosses.

a real pro would carry a sturm and a grom on them - like me.
n00bs run around w/ only a sturm

darkante
Oct 29, 2007, 09:25 AM
On 2007-10-27 21:32, Zorafim wrote:
Buy both Sturm and Grom buster. Always keep Sturm equipped. Once you're ready to use your SUV, equip the SUV you want. No, your SUV will not go away if you switch, so you can choose at the time of your blast which one you want.

W00t?
All the time i have played this game and i have never thought of that, god i feel dumb.
That is a very neat trick, ty for the info. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Theoderic
Oct 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
I use Sturm, and I use it on bosses. I know that other SUVs are more damaging, but when a boss can move out of the way, Sturm catches them where others won't. I'm sure that any Sturm user uses this for the the 360 degree radius of attack, and the Burn SE3 (which further damages). In lower ranked missions (C/B) one can end up OHKOing tons of enemies, especially if they spawn in groups one after another. In higher missions, an annoying group of 100+ monsters can pretty much be left up to a few finishing blows. Buffed Fire Olgohmon groups take about 2 hits (or 5 bullets to be exact) from Yak Riga (30) on my Cugo Mamba (10).

Sturm is so useful, I used it as a Buster while there were only 3 "non-Sturm" Attackers available, because Burn is such a useful effect. I always complain about how certain combinations would be perfect on certain things, but this is one that actually does fits perfectly. ST did a good job at making this SUV, and I think the EX Traps were somewhat based off of Sturm.

Oh, and I only carry one SUV. I used to carry 3, but then I stopped carrying clothes (I so hate how they take up space) and I ended up only carrying the one SUV I used the most. I try to keep my inventory as empty as possible, because I am such a packrat. I see people dropping 7* mats, Photons, and other things, but I pick them up. Less mats to buy, and more junk to sell. Though once Rappy Suit is available, I will have that one clothing item in my inventory, but I will just probably stop carrying Moons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theoderic on 2007-10-29 12:03 ]</font>

Kinako78
Oct 29, 2007, 02:00 PM
My CAST in Extra Mode uses Hegel Buster, but that's cause it's the only one I've been able to get, since you can't buy them like you can online. It does a pretty good job, but I get the feeling some of the other SUVs are probably better. My CAST online has yet to reach level 20, so I'll keep everyone's suggestions here in mind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ilovetypemoon
Oct 29, 2007, 03:33 PM
I've been using Blitz Buster/Attacker since the beginning and it works fine most of the time. I know it doesn't deal as much damage as Sturm or Grom but I'm a sucker for sweeping lasers (watched too much gundam). It's really good for attacking a lot of enemies in front of you and stuns them to boot but it's really not for bosses (although it did insane damage to de ragnus once when he walked with the sweeping of the laser.