PDA

View Full Version : Why does EVERYONE hate Robots?

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 28, 2007, 06:21 AM
Almost every time I've asked for Ex mission 1, sence it drops the 10* bow[it's name eludes me], I've been responded by, "No, i don't like robots, do 2."

Why do people hate robots? their HP is minescule, and they are not that hard to fight, and the explosion is a helping object sometimes, such as, when one explodes, and send you away, you are safe from damage from any surrounding robos.

Also, why does everyone hate Magas Maggahna? Just use a Gun on his shoulder or belly once his base drops off.

<.< These things really are fun after you get used to the stuffs.

So, back to topic question, why does everyone hate Robots?

Nyreal
Oct 28, 2007, 06:25 AM
They're annoying.

Get a group of your friends together if you want to do EX 1. You're never going to get anything but the normal, average, boring, status quo path whenever you do it with a random party.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 28, 2007, 06:28 AM
Because they use their damage-resistance to diminish the otherwise large and manly numbers I throw out as a ForteFighter. I don't like being robbed of my manhood like that.

!!

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2007, 06:31 AM
I think most ppl want to get to the end boxes, and EX2 is easier for that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2007-10-28 04:31 ]</font>

Theoderic
Oct 28, 2007, 06:33 AM
If the mission wasn't timed, and if the bots had the same weakness as the Ageeta, then maybe it would be a better EX than the other. Besides, although [B] Hirokteri drops, most bow users are content with another kind of bow, be it Alteric, Ulteri, Tengoh Bow (for some), and Kohibumiteri. If they were dropping the latter, more people would do it. It's not like medium sized enemies drop anything. I never got drops from any medium sized enemies, and the only thing I saw frequently was Ragnus boards.

Retehi
Oct 28, 2007, 06:43 AM
They're ugly, and their momma dresses them funny.

As for the robots, they're fine.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 28, 2007, 07:02 AM
I'm Rin btw.

Robots explode, I have no use for an S Rank Bow, reduced damage in a timed event meaning longer to kill.

The other monsters what...use Barta?

And I could use an S Rank wand >_>

Rashiid
Oct 28, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-10-28 05:02, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
Robots explode, I have no use for an S Rank Bow, reduced damage in a timed event meaning longer to kill.

this is the perfect quote for us fighters.

Rizen
Oct 28, 2007, 07:39 AM
To sum it all up: Explosions. Anyone hit by it is sent flying and you lose time trying to get back up. On top of that, they have damage reductions that make them a bit more annoying to fight.

I remember when PSU first came out, everyone would avoid Groove of Fanatics because of the robots. Everyone feared them and wouldn't even think about doing it without a force around. I guess this fear still lives on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Otis_Kat
Oct 28, 2007, 07:52 AM
The robots take 4 hits to kill anyway and Ageeta are easily one hitted. I fail to see the problem besides every elitist is afraid to see a reduced number on their hits.

Theoderic
Oct 28, 2007, 08:02 AM
I'm no elitist, but I can tell you now that from doing both evenly, I have only completed 2. It's not that hard to deal with, but the few extra seconds can deter the EX mission. It's like having Rappys but no drops. They just make the mission longer. Maybe a full team of FTs can do it, so try looking there for your EX 1 attempts.

TranceZiggy
Oct 28, 2007, 08:38 AM
On 2007-10-28 04:31, Ezodagrom wrote:
I think most ppl want to get to the end boxes, and EX2 is easier for that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2007-10-28 04:31 ]</font>

Exactly. Robots take longer to kill, the EX mission is about speed, especially when theres nothing I want from the enemies before the 3rd set of boxes..

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 28, 2007, 09:24 AM
<.< well, I guess that's... uh... reasons to hate robots.

All this 1UP stuff really drags out elitism to it's prime o.o

either way, I have no use for Box drops, except if Daiga-Misaki, Yamata Misaki, or Har/Quick[trade material sence I don't give another bull about the retarded thing] drop, The 10* bow is all I honestly want, no Armors, no Wands, no Force units, blah.

Remedy
Oct 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-10-28 06:38, TranceZiggy wrote:
Exactly. Robots take longer to kill, the EX mission is about speed, especially when theres nothing I want from the enemies before the 3rd set of boxes..Err, no? Get a Fortecher. My Gizonde two-shots robots. :V

Broodstar1337
Oct 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
On 2007-10-28 08:23, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-10-28 06:38, TranceZiggy wrote:
Exactly. Robots take longer to kill, the EX mission is about speed, especially when theres nothing I want from the enemies before the 3rd set of boxes..Err, no? Get a Fortecher. My Gizonde two-shots robots. :V

No way in hell that's fast.

WolfBlade
Oct 28, 2007, 10:40 AM
hard 2 S rank ex1, and two types pf elements

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WolfBlade on 2007-10-28 08:43 ]</font>

Remedy
Oct 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-10-28 08:38, Broodstar1337 wrote:
No way in hell that's fast. Faster than gunners or fighers, so I'd say it's fast. 5 seconds at the most, and if the idiots in the group clump up, they all walk right into it.

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2007, 10:44 AM
People say robots take longer to kill, but consider it this way; if you could do Moa's Bonus 1, you can do Neu's Bonus 1. The robots show up with the same frequency as the bil de vears and they effectively take the same amount of time to kill since the vears have more HP, but don't halve damage. Plus, even if the explosion hits you, you can use it to your advantage by orienting yourself so you get blown away in the direction you were going to run anyway.

Anyone apprehensive about doing it should do themselves a favor and just give it a shot. Even if you don't clear it, I guarantee you'll get further than you're thinking you will. I did so yesterday with just me (fF) and a fT and we got to 74. Took a third person and cleared it with loads of time to spare.

Elley
Oct 28, 2007, 10:56 AM
1) Their AoE explosion when they die.
2) Damage resistance.
3) Burning status effect.

Feelmirath
Oct 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
On 2007-10-28 06:02, Theoderic wrote:
Maybe a full team of FTs can do it, so try looking there for your EX 1 attempts.

A full team of fTs wouldn't work because there are more Ageeta than robots in the mission, and Ageetas are tech resistant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

1 fT and 3 fFs, however, go to town on it.

DonRoyale
Oct 28, 2007, 11:00 AM
Shplosions.

Nuff said.

They're earth, too. Resistance to Diga? Nothnx.

Remedy
Oct 28, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-10-28 08:56, Elley wrote:
2) Damage resistance.

1) Move.
2) Fortechers. Killer Shot.
3) Antimate.

On 2007-10-28 09:00, DonRoyale wrote:

If Diga is the only tech you have leveled, you fail at XXXtecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-10-28 09:12 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Oct 28, 2007, 11:17 AM
I don't mind them if I have a pair of fortegunners(or guntechers, whatever) in my party, with killer shot of course, just have to use ranged weapons on them, and I'm fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-10-28 09:18 ]</font>

Indica
Oct 28, 2007, 11:58 AM
Robot Ex bonus is Easy, the only problem is finding a good team to team to do it. I joined a random party the 1st day and we wiped out that section with 28 seconds till left on the clock.

All the other parties Ive been with can barely do it or come close and just do it once within a few seconds left on clock. I really want this friggin Bow and a bit upset. I expected to have 3 of these boards by now..heh Just incase if any fail.. I just want 1 working bow.

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2007, 11:59 AM
It's Fortetecher, Remedy.

I'm no fan of Robots because they stun me with that weird lightning ball thing. I tend to stay stunned for the better half of the mission. >_>

Remedy
Oct 28, 2007, 12:00 PM
Earth armor + Foney evasion = why are you getting hit? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BlackHat
Oct 28, 2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah casts su...

O you mean THOSE robots. I don't hate them.

XenithFlare
Oct 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
With a party of mid-90s (me being 87), we completed EX1 with about 15-20 seconds to spare, only two of us being CASTs. Xbows win pretty easily there, too...

Elley
Oct 28, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-10-28 09:09, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-10-28 08:56, Elley wrote:
2) Damage resistance.

1) Move.
2) Fortechers. Killer Shot.
3) Antimate.

On 2007-10-28 09:00, DonRoyale wrote:

If Diga is the only tech you have leveled, you fail at XXXtecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-10-28 09:12 ]</font>

Ok. I am a beast fortefighter. They're a pain to kill for me, and they make me spam antimates. There are remedies to my problems as you posted, but that doesn't make them NOT annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

DarkShadowX
Oct 28, 2007, 12:31 PM
Indeed. My party often varies, but we usually have 1 FT then 2 Gunner types, maybe a 3rd or 1 FF. And we beat EX1 with time left to spare ranging from 20 secs to 3 XD. Only time we haven't beaten EX 1 at the end was cuz rappies showed up >_>

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
I don't see whats the problem with them.
Its the only challenge we'll be getting out of this mission.
(Got so bored of it I fell asleep while fighting Onma and died. "BOMBER LAUGH")

Koji1m1
Oct 28, 2007, 01:20 PM
On 2007-10-28 08:44, Xaeris wrote:
People say robots take longer to kill, but consider it this way; if you could do Moa's Bonus 1, you can do Neu's Bonus 1. The robots show up with the same frequency as the bil de vears and they effectively take the same amount of time to kill since the vears have more HP, but don't halve damage. Plus, even if the explosion hits you, you can use it to your advantage by orienting yourself so you get blown away in the direction you were going to run anyway.

Anyone apprehensive about doing it should do themselves a favor and just give it a shot. Even if you don't clear it, I guarantee you'll get further than you're thinking you will. I did so yesterday with just me (fF) and a fT and we got to 74. Took a third person and cleared it with loads of time to spare.

hmmm well that much is true but u forgot that fighter cant spam pas on Bill de vears as much as they can with the robots any knockback starts making them do thier spin acttack even though thts easy to avoid to but i do agree with you on the explosions and stuff even though those are easy to avoid too but the only problem i had with the bot is thier melee resist but thanks to high damageing pas like gravity break and Dus majjara it make fighting them or any melee resist monster a bit easier.

imfanboy
Oct 28, 2007, 01:23 PM
Actually, the main problem is that the bots take 2 seconds to really 'die' - in order to do it FAST, you've got to have the fighters using a knockback PA, which means no Majarra.

Next time I do that mission, I'm bringing Rising Strike to the table.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
A high lv'ed Barada Banga kills Ageetas real fast, and if you have multiple KS'ers the bots should die fast too. KS also works on rappies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-28 11:36 ]</font>

Tellemyall
Oct 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
I don't know if you guys realize this or not, except that one person in this thread, but there are as many polavohras/jarbas/bildevears/kognadds as there are robots in an EX mission. You get it yet? Those guys have a 350-400% hp modifier. Robots have a 100% hp mod, hey and what do you know? The other 4 big guys all have resistances to 2 out of the 3 attack types as well and all of them have some AoE bullshit that tend to fuck you up (if you're being stupid at least). I don't know why you guys can't do the math and realize your faulty logic. Both neudaiz EX A's are easily duoable, goodluck.
http://psupedia.info/Monsters

wait, vears are an exception from that resistance part

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tellemyall on 2007-10-28 11:43 ]</font>

Shade-
Oct 28, 2007, 01:44 PM
I think the problem isn't that EX1 is hard, or any harder than the parum or moa EXs, it's that Neu EX2 is so freaking easy, everyone is going to elect for that.

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 01:50 PM
I assume you don't mean CASTs when referring to robots. In that case, robots are annoying in the game because when they are defeated, they will explode and if you stand to close to it or happens to be fighting another robot in the same area as the explosion, it can cause serious harm to your character and also apply the burning effect on him or her. It can possibly lead to a gameover if one doesn't have any scapedolls, resta PP, or trimates/dimates/monomates. The good thing about fighting robots is that it will give out the rare inverter circuit from time to time, which is required for some product synthesis. Still... I don't like fighting robots all that much, since the inverter circuit is useless to me.

Kylie
Oct 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
I don't really mind them. But the robot boss (red one) is annoying because of his constant shielding and teleporting; plus, he moves too fast. If he decides to behave well and stay still, then he's not so bad.

Theoderic
Oct 28, 2007, 02:23 PM
Did a few more and they aren't as bad as people make it sound, but it still is a bit annoying to do. I never cleared any EX Missions in A due to partying with lower leveled players, as well as only having a few hours to play in between work and sleep. I agree that Neudaiz is easy, too easy, but the rewards are shitty. Nothing really drops other than Scape Dolls from the last boxes. Just about anyone can clear either with properly leveled PAs, (4 fTs spamming Gizonde can do it regardless of Ageetas, being tech resistant), but EX2 is easier, and allows for mostly anyone to complete it, regardless of their gear or PAs. 2 is probably so easy, you can have 3 attackers, and one person sitting AFK. EX2 for the win!

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
If robots didn't take so damn long to die in normal missions and practically necessitate Killer Shot just to keep the mission from dragging out too long, I wouldn't hate them. But what I hate more is the fact that instakill had to be given to RIFLES...come on, the people who have the balls to take on exploding robots up close should have been given instakill!

But in the EX mission, I guess they're not so bad. They just die more slowly than ageetas. I'm not really sure if KS really works that well, since sometimes KS goes on strike and the robots wind up dying by pure damage.

Mystil
Oct 28, 2007, 06:07 PM
They are not hard..damage wise.

IF you don't have lightening weapons, it's going to be a painful fight.

In the case of the bonus mission, lightening or not, killer shot > all.

Anduril
Oct 28, 2007, 06:19 PM
My issue with robots is their mobility. Being a Techer, who does not have the blessing of a Quick unit, if the robot is 10 feet directly in front of me, it can end up completely behind me by the time I get a Diga out....

MrBeans
Oct 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
Dus majarra is awesome for robots since it can take you out of explosion range. Just don't lock on.

Rizen
Oct 28, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-10-28 10:31, DarkShadowX wrote:
Indeed. My party often varies, but we usually have 1 FT then 2 Gunner types, maybe a 3rd or 1 FF. And we beat EX1 with time left to spare ranging from 20 secs to 3 XD. Only time we haven't beaten EX 1 at the end was cuz rappies showed up >_>

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif That made me made. I love rappies, but I wanted to stab them in the face when they spawned that time.

Noblewine
Oct 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
Some of the people in my party have suggested doing the other one but they don't really complain. I don't really see what's hard about them though it takes me a couple of hits to slay one.

buzyb77
Oct 28, 2007, 06:59 PM
Have you ever see a "Robot Dance"....i mean its from the 70s....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoVKUVOnfQ

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/men+at+work/you+can+dance+if+you+want+to_10178355.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-10-28 17:02 ]</font>

My Fave

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/w/weird+al+yankovic/eat+it_20145854.html

weird Al para de

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkq7HLBe178

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-10-28 17:05 ]</font>

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-10-28 16:07, Mystil wrote:

No wonder why it was such a pain taking them in one go.. I never fight using lightning weapons, not that I don't have any, but.. As long as I get the S-ranks, it doesn't really matter.

Remedy
Oct 28, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-10-28 13:07, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
and practically necessitate Killer ShotGi.Zon.De. As I said before, mine two-shots robots.

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2007, 11:16 PM
He's talking about robots in a normal mission. He goes on to say the bonus version aren't so bad.

HFlowen
Oct 28, 2007, 11:29 PM
Secret secret. I've got a secret! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRNGbs26MNo)

buzyb77
Oct 28, 2007, 11:35 PM
On 2007-10-28 21:29, HFlowen wrote:
Secret secret. I've got a secret! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRNGbs26MNo)

LOL thats the one I was looking For LOL

Mystil
Oct 29, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-10-28 18:58, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-10-28 16:07, Mystil wrote:

No wonder why it was such a pain taking them in one go.. I never fight using lightning weapons, not that I don't have any, but.. As long as I get the S-ranks, it doesn't really matter.

They are a hard buy on the PC/PS2 servers(probably so on the 360)..I searched three days and finally found 'one'.

BanF
Oct 29, 2007, 12:47 AM
When Skynet goes rampant your techniques will be of no use! That's why I hate robots!

Lyric
Oct 29, 2007, 01:36 AM
...Domo origato.

I don't know. I haven't had too many problems, but then again I'm a GT...

Gen2000
Oct 29, 2007, 01:54 AM
Unless you got a FO with high level Gizonde or a party made of mostly of Cast/Beast who can get their SUV/Nanoblasts in time towards the end you will be cutting it close and if you're searching for the bow that last spawn of robots is your best bet at even getting it since there are hardly any robots in EX1 anyways compared to the bajillion Ageeta.

I don't like relying on Killer Shot in EXs unless 2-3 Gunners have it, Gizonde from 1 FO will kill robots faster since you're not relying on luck for that instant kill (there have been times when I emptied a full Falghoh and the robot the still didn't die, weak as hell). Even a well placed Sturm from high level Fortegunner or Fortefighter will wipe most of em out despite their resistance.

The problem I have with both of these EX missions is that is a noticeable lower number of Robots and Olgohmons compared the Ageeta unlike Parum/Moatoob EXs which seem to had a nice balance. I only see 3 Bows and 1 Uransara so far. Unless I party with friends or people I'm sure who can complete EX1 I prefer EX2 in randoms since it's more braindead easy to complete (the end boxes rares are more important anyways.)

Remedy
Oct 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-10-28 22:47, BanF wrote:
When Skynet goes rampant your techniques will be of no use! That's why I hate robots!I'll Nosuzonde the FUCK out of Skynet. Doesn't matter WHERE it is, Nosuzonde will find it.

Palle
Oct 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-10-28 04:25, Nyreal wrote:
They're annoying.

Get a group of your friends together if you want to do EX 1. You're never going to get anything but the normal, average, boring, status quo path whenever you do it with a random party....this is almost true.

When I host randoms, I take a vote before the EX. If we do EX 1, I switch to Raisei-sou and ask the gunners (if any) if they'd like to handle the bots while everyone else roasts Ageeta. It's not the most efficient path, but it can help keep Hunter-types from getting blasted about...

I managed to clear the last set of EX 1 boxes, once...

...Randoms are not always FTL.

str898mustang
Oct 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah my fT can two shot them with lvl30 Gizonde or I can one shot them with lvl30 Foie.

Dragwind
Oct 29, 2007, 03:16 PM
People just fall into stupid lazy trends. The bots in the EX missions have such low HP it doesnt really matter what you use. I also learned to dodge explosions in PSU when my characters were like, lvl 10 or something.