PDA

View Full Version : Just to Clarify...

Phoenix_Black
Oct 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
Picking up rares does not make your boosted rate go away, in an Ex mission. The message simply goes away, to make room for the "GET Scroll." It does the exact same thing to the message that indicates how many Chips you have.

Picking up the rares at the last second i also a bad idea. Items will de-spawn, after so many more items spawn. I've seen an entire mission of rares seem to dwindle into nothing. Also, if you pick up to many rares so fast, it will cause some kind of lag, and you won't get nearly as many rares as you've picked up.

BlackHat
Oct 28, 2007, 12:12 PM
Ok.

Rashiid
Oct 28, 2007, 12:25 PM
who said it did? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Eliash
Oct 28, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-10-28 10:08, Phoenix_Black wrote:
Also, if you pick up to many rares so fast, it will cause some kind of lag, and you won't get nearly as many rares as you've picked up.

Not true, the messages disappear but you should still get the rares. There's a limit on how many Rare Messages can be in the queue at the same time, when it fulls up the first message is pushed off the queue and disappears but the rare should be already allocated into someone's invitory. (This is why you can see if you got a certain rare before the message scrolls up saying who got it if you check your items.)

Phoenix_Black
Oct 28, 2007, 01:02 PM
There have been parties I've been in where no one could account for the rares we thought were picked up.

Otis_Kat
Oct 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe they didn't even see everything's name as they were picking up every red box?

Eliash
Oct 28, 2007, 01:11 PM
I would say that it could be attributed to human error by thinking something dropped (the missions go by fast so chances are that people aren't fully paying attention to every rare that drops) or by missing it in their items.

It is possible that I am mistaken about this, but it just seems very unlikely that such a system would be placed in. And pretty much all the data I can remember points to my eariler suggestion.

Phoenix_Black
Oct 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
I mean, as we were picking everything up at the end, we probibly got fifteen things, and ended up with only half that.

bahk
Oct 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-10-28 10:08, Phoenix_Black wrote:
Also, if you pick up to many rares so fast, it will cause some kind of lag, and you won't get nearly as many rares as you've picked up.

Lies. It's happened to me when I grabbed a Sori / Force, it blew through the rare announcement and didn't specifically say I got it, and I still had it.

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2007, 12:31 PM
The rare item ticker is just for show, open up your inventory and you'll see that as soon as you pick it up, it's there.

Soulvayne
Oct 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
Also sometimes you might not notice the rares you got when its say a Kerseline/Vestaline/Vulcaline sorted to you and you have a bunch in your inventory already.