PDA

View Full Version : fUTure Expansions

susaru7
Oct 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
Ok, since someone posted the spoilers of ep3 of psu. In this spoilers i seen no indication of another expansion coming out. Is it still possible for sonic team to make another expansion for this game. I really hope so because the more they make the longer this game will live.

DanMalak
Oct 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
Eh, the new expansion (aoi) comes out nov 20th in usa, if that's the expansion your talking about.

Otis_Kat
Oct 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-10-28 10:46, DanMalak wrote:
Eh, the new expansion (aoi) comes out nov 20th in usa, if that's the expansion your talking about.

-_-

They might release another expansion to milk PSU as long as they did PSO.

Eliash
Oct 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
In terms of online gaming there is possibilities for unlimited expansions provided there is a player base to play and pay for the delevelopment of such expansions. It is more than likely that there will be an expansion at this point, but that could change in the future depending on the sucess of AoI.

I would say don't worry about more expansions until you had a chance to play and enjoy (or hate) the current one scheduled for release the 20th of November as stated above.

Krisan
Oct 28, 2007, 01:25 PM
Well, Sega claimed they had a 5 year plan in mind for PSU.. We've only just passed out first year, and we're getting our first expansion as a result. Chances are, yea, we'll get a few more before the curtain finally closes on the game. (Although, that does indeed depend on whether we have a community still playing and paying by then.)

omegapirate2k
Oct 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
I don't much care for the story anyway, an expansion comprised of only online content would be just dandy with me.

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
Future expansions? I am betting on that.. Considering that they had released Episode 3 online, there should also be an Episode 3 offline, but the possibility won't occur within 1 year. After all, they just released an expansion last month, which was AOI (Episode 2 offline and Episode 3 online). And so, by the year of 2009 or 2010, I am guessing that there will be another expansion which will contain Episode 3 offline and Episode 4 online. Why 4 episodes? Well.. The original Phantasy Star games had 4 to the series, while PSO also had 4 Episodes and so, why wouldn't PSU get 4 episodes??

Sinue_v2
Oct 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
I believe it's already been stated that PSU Ep III will be the end of the current storyline.

We're not sure yet if Sonic Team has abandoned it's 5 year plan in favor of another project, or if PSU's storyline is just going to shoot off in another direction. They could possibly set the next expansion several years (decades, or millenia) into the future and focus around a new storyline. The only problem with that being - how do you explain the transfer of characters without having to start all new characters?

Or, more likely, further expansions would take place a few years after the events of Ep III - but instead focus on another threat. The defeat of the Darkness may only be the first chapter, and later installments may revolve around finding the Light and destroying it in order to keep the darkness from ressurecting.

I tend to think we'll eventually have to kill the Great Light for two reasons.

1. PSO set the precidence of "Light... Darkness... a Pair Exist.. Reincarnation is the rule" as an explanation for keeping the darkness around after the defeat of the PD.

2. In early interviews about the creation of Phantasy Star V, the design team stated that if another Phantasy Star were created, it would not take place in Algol. It would take place in another solar system, and revolve around destroying the Great Light. Sonic Team may be taking cues from the old playbook.

zandra117
Oct 28, 2007, 03:53 PM
(Maybe now that all the seed are sealed away they can combine into another profound darkness within the seal and begin planning their escape.) And history repeats itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-10-28 13:53 ]</font>

HFlowen
Oct 28, 2007, 03:56 PM
Card Game.

Breadmaker
Oct 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
YES MY BRING ME A CARD GAME WITH NO HACKING FOR THOSE MOD NEWBS, that wold be

SUPER

majan
Oct 28, 2007, 04:13 PM
allegedly,sonic team is supporting PSU on a "5-year plan" which could mean that AoI is going to get a buttload of new stuff and events and whatnot to keep it interesting for an additional 4 years,or they are going to release new expansions every year,or perhaps every other year.whatever keeps the material fresh but I dont want to be bothered hunting like 18* items or anything like that,with all the speculation surrounding 13-15* items now,I hope they dont get too crazy with that shit.itll completley ruin any originality to the system.other than that,I say fuck it bring on the new material.I have the money so i cant really complain(not like Im JD rockefeller) about the 10/month and hten more money to buy another expansion each year or watever,but it does suck for the people who enjoy playing but dont want to or cant pay for more material.

long live the psu.

Ryna
Oct 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-10-28 14:13, majan wrote:
with all the speculation surrounding 13-15* items now

There isn't much speculation about 13* to 15* items. They exist in offline mode and you will see them eventually online, probably whenever the new S2 missions are released.

Jinto117
Oct 28, 2007, 07:29 PM
Well, one thing I wouldn't mind seeing in a possible second expansion pack would be a new playable race. Perhaps something like a seed/humanoid hybrid. *shrugs*

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-10-28 13:12, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I believe it's already been stated that PSU Ep III will be the end of the current storyline.

True enough, but I believe that a new storyline will start or rather to say, the same Ethan storyline but with a new threat other than SEED or the Illuminus, as long as AOI is a project that yields a large amount of profit. However, this is just speculation. Personally, I do hope to see another expansion though.

Immortal44
Oct 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
maybe the future expansion would include a story based more on player created characters instead of SEGA's characters. More like PSO. I dont expect to see anything till aleast about this time next year though. As long as its popular in Japan though they may continue to make new content.

ThEoRy
Oct 28, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-10-28 18:39, Immortal44 wrote:
maybe the future expansion would include a story based more on player created characters instead of SEGA's characters. More like PSO. I dont expect to see anything till aleast about this time next year though. As long as its popular in Japan though they may continue to make new content.

The current expansion already covers that base.

majan
Oct 28, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-10-28 14:59, Ryna wrote:

On 2007-10-28 14:13, majan wrote:
with all the speculation surrounding 13-15* items now

There isn't much speculation about 13* to 15* items. They exist in offline mode and you will see them eventually online, probably whenever the new S2 missions are released.

yep and if were eventually gona be finding those synth materials Im sure well be getting weapon boards for them.cant wait till hackers break into the codes and see all the locked material (for educational purposes of course)