PDA

View Full Version : PSU bought for $15.27

RegPaq
Oct 28, 2007, 08:59 PM
is the dollar amount in which i purchased PSU on ebay with shipping included. Is PSU not as popular as PSO cuz they are selling for so cheap!
I haven't been on here in 2 years and have returned cuz of PSU. Just bought that and xbox 360 on ebay and getting back into the game. Anyone play live from the OC?

--
Mod: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-10-28 21:32 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Oct 28, 2007, 09:02 PM
Welcome back!

DonRoyale
Oct 28, 2007, 09:03 PM
I bought PSU for $54.99 about a week after its release.

The same store now sells it for $19.99 on all consoles. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And, lol, the OC. California, here we come, right back where we started from...

Nevermind, my friends tease me enough about that >.>

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-10-28 18:59, RegPaq wrote:
is the dollar amount in which i purchased PSU on ebay with shipping included. Is PSU not as popular as PSO cuz they are selling for so cheap!
I haven't been on here in 2 years and have returned cuz of PSU. Just bought that and xbox 360 on ebay and getting back into the game. Anyone play live from the OC?

You mean that PSU costs $15, while PSO costs $27?? It can't be possibly that expensive.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

RegPaq
Oct 28, 2007, 09:10 PM
ThAnKyOu ThEoRy, haha
And dang DonRoyale, that sucks. but you have had it for a year longer than I have http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
haha Mizukage, if PSO is selling for more thats funny, but hard to believe if PSO is still for sale
unless, of course, I'm not catching your drift. P.S. does your name mean like respected on of the water, or like water lord?

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-10-28 19:03, DonRoyale wrote:
I bought PSU for $54.99 about a week after its release.

$55 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif That is VERY EXPENSIVE!! To be honest, I bought mine for $20 and didn't played it at first. After it was left eatting dust for a few weeks, I decided to try out the game, which was when I started liking Phantasy Star Universe!!!

DanMalak
Oct 28, 2007, 09:34 PM
He got it right when it came out and for the normal price (or a bit cheaper) then a normal xbox360 game. You (im guessing) got it a while after it came out for the ps2, probably used, am I right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

RegPaq
Oct 28, 2007, 09:40 PM
yeah that is expensive. but now i have to pay for the expanision though, too. cuz unfortunatley for xbox 360 users they dont make it a whole new disc. Well if i think about it, it would sell for 60 probably. and in all after the expansion i would pay 35 haha so im making it pretty good. Are there more users on PSU for xbox live than there was on PSO for the GC?

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-10-28 19:40, RegPaq wrote:
Are there more users on PSU for xbox live than there was on PSO for the GC?

I believe so, but I don't know. However, I did heard that at the start of the 1up Cup event, there were about 4000+ players in PSU, so...

On 2007-10-28 19:34, DanMalak wrote:
He got it right when it came out and for the normal price (or a bit cheaper) then a normal xbox360 game. You (im guessing) got it a while after it came out for the ps2, probably used, am I right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Maybe. To be honest, I don't remember whether my PSU game was used or not, all I remember was the price. After all, it was eatting dust for a few weeks. The fact is I have too many games to play, yet so little time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-10-28 19:51 ]</font>

RegPaq
Oct 28, 2007, 11:08 PM
well, so back to the topic, although unclear.

do u think the expansion will entice people who have never played PSO or PSU or heard of the phantasy Star franchise to purchase the game? I have actually never heard of PSO or PSU wheni bought it PSO. I don't know why I did but i saw the box at like walmart or something when it first came out and i got addicted. But ST doesn't really market the series well at all. what do u guys think

LightBreaker
Oct 28, 2007, 11:18 PM
Amazon has it for $8.99 new. D:
http://tinyurl.com/37w7uq

Kion
Oct 29, 2007, 12:31 AM
saw it for $10 at blockbuster... and a couple in the eb bargin bin. yeah, nodody gives a shit.

Reginaldo
Oct 29, 2007, 12:42 AM
Real expensive xD. Try buying SNES games in the early 90's for 79 bucks, when you're 8 ;-;

Weeaboolits
Oct 29, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-10-28 19:04, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-10-28 18:59, RegPaq wrote:
I haven't been on here in 2 years and have returned cuz of PSU. Just bought that and xbox 360 on ebay and getting back into the game. Anyone play live from the OC?You mean that PSU costs $15, while PSO costs $27?? It can't be possibly that expensive.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gifPSO discs are no longer being produced, though (unless I'm wrong), and PSU has a sequel (or expansion if you'd prefer) due soon. ;o

RegPaq
Oct 29, 2007, 02:39 AM
wow kion thats the cheapest i've seen cuz u don't have to pay for shipping on that
and hey reginaldo haha, we have the same name, except mines just reggie.
do you guys think people will buy PSU now that an expansion will be out?

Kion
Oct 29, 2007, 03:14 AM
probably not considdering that AoI's starting price is $40. And as ps2 network connecters aren't very easy to come across, i doubt anyone that randomly picks the game up will be going online.

Nyreal
Oct 29, 2007, 04:37 AM
I bought PSU for the PC for about ten dollars. It was awesome.

LightBreaker
Oct 29, 2007, 05:07 AM
On 2007-10-29 01:14, Kion wrote:
probably not considdering that AoI's starting price is $40. And as ps2 network connecters aren't very easy to come across, i doubt anyone that randomly picks the game up will be going online.

Luckily they stopped making those PS2s ages ago. I still have mine though from launch and it is still running. The slim PS2s all have online capability.

Turbobrain
Oct 29, 2007, 08:01 AM
When I went to the PC version a few months back after being on the PS2 version forever.... I payed £4.99 from Game. About $2.20. It was new and the last one they had in the shop or any shop around here. PSU in the UK.... unkown.

RegPaq
Oct 29, 2007, 08:46 AM
On 2007-10-29 06:01, Turbobrain wrote:
When I went to the PC version a few months back after being on the PS2 version forever.... I payed £4.99 from Game. About $2.20. It was new and the last one they had in the shop or any shop around here. PSU in the UK.... unkown.

4.99 pounds is a lot more than 2.20 u.s. dollars. yeah its sad that they just don't put the game out their enough for anyone to find about it. 4000 people were on PSU the other day or something someone mentioned. I bet that number doesn't compare to people playing wow and halo at the moment.

Turbobrain
Oct 29, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-10-29 06:46, RegPaq wrote:

On 2007-10-29 06:01, Turbobrain wrote:

4.99 pounds is a lot more than 2.20 u.s. dollars. yeah its sad that they just don't put the game out their enough for anyone to find about it. 4000 people were on PSU the other day or something someone mentioned. I bet that number doesn't compare to people playing wow and halo at the moment.

Ooops yeah, I go the conversion the wrong way around... it's the other way about $12.50. Still pretty cheap.

Sega shoot themslevs in the foot though when it comes to the game here...

Not promoted, not supported and frankly the fact that we are getting AoI 2 months later says a lot for Sega's conviction to the UK and EU.

Most people I know over here who are into PSU will be importing or some EVEN will be Torrenting it.... so when the game DOES come out here it'll be down to your average Joe to buy it by chance.... then it'll get poor sales... and from that Sega may draw the conclusion that UK/EU is a waste of time and be even less interested... really I sometimes wish I had just imported the Japanese version.

XenithFlare
Oct 29, 2007, 10:10 AM
I bought mine from GameFLY with their awesome $5 coupons, and spent $11. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Though now I have to spend the money on the 360 version, so $17 down the drain...

Elley
Oct 29, 2007, 10:53 AM
PSU is so cheap because the expansion is due out soon. The game is still wildly popular on Japanese and Xbox360 servers. The PS2/PC side of things is dying.

Neith
Oct 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
PSO is so expensive because it's a cult game now. Walk into a games store, and it's unlikely you'd see a copy of it now.

PSU being cheap is probably an attempt to get rid of excess copies ready for the Expansion.

And please, don't say PC/PS2 is dying. Especially since the cup, we've had a huge surge in players. If anything, PC/PS2 is the most alive and kicking it's been in a long time, and the expansion will help too.

mizukage
Oct 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-10-29 03:07, LightBreaker wrote
Luckily they stopped making those PS2s ages ago. I still have mine though from launch and it is still running. The slim PS2s all have online capability.

For a period of time, I was looking all over the places for ps2 network adapters, then to realize one day that my ps2 actually had a built-in network adapter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

On 2007-10-29 00:39, RegPaq wrote:
do you guys think people will buy PSU now that an expansion will be out?

For the online players, the answer is probably not.
For the offline players, the answer is yes, why not?

Edited: Removal. Reading another page, replied on this page.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-10-29 10:25 ]</font>