PDA

View Full Version : Advice on duo'ing and S'ing Neuadaiz B bonus

Turbobrain
Oct 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
Me and my friend are trying to S the B mission, we hear of many people who easily do it and frankly we are suprised this is casuing us so much trouble. We easily could do Moatoob and Parum.

I think it's down to the skill mix. I am using my FF(10)(who is also FiG(10)), they are using FG(10).

The problem is not killing them but the fact they spawn so damn far apart.... I'm running everywhere to get these guys while they are trying to shoot them down(seems the best approach on this mission).

What is the best bullet for them(my FG friend) to use? They reckon it's just as quick to snipe with a rifle but I think that strafing with a Xbow will be better or even using a shotgun. Also, I reckon that using tech's lie Dus Maja... as I have been is probably not the best way to go. It may be better for me to goto FiG and use a bullet... maybe a twin handgun one or even a Xbow(though all bullets would be low, as in 1 so that probably would suck).

I am lvl 99 going on 100, they are level 94. They have FF, FG, FiG job classes to 10, I have FF, FiG to 10 on these particualar alts.... (mine is a M Beast, hers a F Cast). We also both have lvl 96 Newman FT's but I dont think they will be much good to us in this situation.

Any adivce form people that do this(and I know plenty do!) would be appreciated.

While I'm at it, I know the me/quick drops from the B boxxes thats not really what I'm after... I'm after 'mind' units(te/mind, etc) do they drop on B? I've yet to find a comprehensive list for ALL drops on the ex boxxes for ALL ranks.

Again thanks for any advice on this!

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2007, 09:47 AM
I solo a lot, and I find Crossbows and Dus Majarra to be the best things for the EX missions. You didn't mention any Techer jobs but I'll throw it in there anyway, Gi-techs are great if you can keep everything towards the middle.

Deragonite
Oct 29, 2007, 09:50 AM
i am a newman figunner and duo'ed A rank with a fellow female cast fortegunner

we easily did the ex mission with time to spare.

the fortegunner only used one thing, yak banga with a crossbow.

being a newman figunner solely for the purpose of leveling gravity break for AOI, i used gravity break. i would OHKO ageetas. Still, i barely did any of the work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

destroy the boxes as fast as possible with crossbows or handguns or whatever.

also she would SUV after the 2nd wave of boxes when olgoh's spawn really far apart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deragonite on 2007-10-29 07:51 ]</font>

MattMattic
Oct 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
i solo b rank easily, tell your FG friend to stand in the middle with twin handguns with twin burn pa, go into first person mode, then just turn and shoot, target practice=s rank no prob.

Turbobrain
Oct 29, 2007, 09:58 AM
ok, so if both of us use handguns(me on my FiG?) B should be a breeze right?

And yeah she has SUV so thats's great for the last spawn(she hits boxxes and if timed right can lay waste to most of the next spawn).

We both have techers... but I've found them not very effective even with level 30 gitechs(Gifoi, megiverse and gizonde).

The idea with dual handguns sounds great though. I will try that when I come back.

Niloklives
Oct 29, 2007, 10:27 AM
do not use handguns...the DPS is too low. majarra in circles using the mini map to aim ant the oncoming ageets while taking out nearby olgohmon. let your gunner friend use yak banga on everything. two shots at most to killsomething if not far less and xbow is good for clearing boxes as well.

I've Soloed this on A, it's not hard in the slightest. but you have to know how to control your PAs and have solud aim with your xbow. do this right and you'll have a minute left on the clock when the last set of boxes appear.

MattMattic
Oct 29, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-10-29 08:27, NIloklives wrote:
do not use handguns...the DPS is too low. majarra in circles using the mini map to aim ant the oncoming ageets while taking out nearby olgohmon. let your gunner friend use yak banga on everything. two shots at most to killsomething if not far less and xbow is good for clearing boxes as well.

I've Soloed this on A, it's not hard in the slightest. but you have to know how to control your PAs and have solud aim with your xbow. do this right and you'll have a minute left on the clock when the last set of boxes appear.

i solo it easily with handguns, takes only 2 shots to kill both enemies, but whatever

Remedy
Oct 29, 2007, 10:47 AM
Stand in the center, back to back with your teammate. Let the enemies come to you - shoot them as they approach. Focus on Olghomon first, then Ageetas. Each of you take a half of the field, and just go to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Aurora-
Oct 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
Save your SUV til the last wave of mobs...After that its cake http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

GreenArcher
Oct 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
I can Solo B bonus EX2, using Twin Burn, Ageeta down in one shot, Olgohman down in two

PALRAPPYS
Oct 29, 2007, 09:25 PM
I've managed to get the A rank EX mission done with 34 seconds to spare...

The Fighgunner and the Fortegunner were using Burning Fury with the Machinegun glitch. X.X

But hey, at least it worked...

-Aurora-
Oct 29, 2007, 09:27 PM
Our best time was 23:50 for mission and 0:18 left in Ex2 and this is with lvl 98 Cast fortegunner and 100 Cast fortefighter... btw it was on A run

BlackHat
Oct 29, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-10-29 07:52, MattMattic wrote:
i solo b rank easily, tell your FG friend to stand in the middle with twin handguns with twin burn pa, go into first person mode, then just turn and shoot, target practice=s rank no prob.

I do that with Twin Dark and it seems to work pretty damn good.

MrBeans
Oct 29, 2007, 10:59 PM
I still like using an mg( bean vulcanic is pretty good) and just make sure you use something like a megastride before beginning. You could also just use an agatride and zodiaride. I did this with a lvl 60 cast fortegunner and I was a 78 beast fighgunner, and we were finishing it close with maybe 3-5 seconds each time. Most people like the crossbows, but i find that having to get that much closer to the olgohmons takes a bit of time off the clock. And make sure you use a sturm when there are only 3 monsters and no more spawning to get rid of the boxes.

And dus majarra is great for robots if you get an ok percentage lightning muktrand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrBeans on 2007-10-29 21:03 ]</font>

Tulio07
Oct 29, 2007, 11:44 PM
S rank'd it solo, B rank with lv 23 lightning crossbow earlier ... with plenty of tiem to spare. Stay in the middle, the little guys will come to you. When big dudes show up, they die fast enough to allow the small fry to group together, aka easy pickings.

perfectminute
Oct 30, 2007, 07:36 AM
Using twin guns or a sniper works greatJ just sit in the middle and zoom in with the twin's and use your minimap. With a rifle just go to the edge a little past where monsters spawn and zoom in. This also makes it easy to open boxes fast.

Libram
Oct 30, 2007, 09:26 AM
When playing my FG I always set her up past the point where enemies spawn. That way I can shoot across the entire map with my rifle and don't have to worry about turning completely around at a moment's notice. Whoever else is in my party is usually sitting in the middle, and most of the Ageetas are crawling their way there to deal with the closer threat. I target those enemies that have either just spawned or have appeared right next to me. While they're working in the center I'm picking off the fringe and am in perfect position to snipe the boxes when they appear. I'm pretty sure I could duo B with anything other than a techer, and even then I could be wrong. I'm even wondering if I could solo B, but I don't think my human female has enough damage output to do so.

Eliash
Oct 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
I can do A-rank EX mission with 2 (1 lv 100 Fortegunner, 1 lv 77 (at the time 70) Fortegunner) both using Burning Mechguns without glitch.

Lv 100 would SUV as soon as he got it (Roughly 20% between first and 2nd set of boxes) and I'll save my SUV for the last wave of monsters before the 2nd boxes (breaking boxes with it too) which is when the Olgamon (spelling?) start appearing around 55 seconds left or so depending on your group (2nd wave). Mechguns work wonders with lv 21 bullets and HPC.

Best time for our duo was around 24 seconds remaining.