PDA

View Full Version : AoI drop questions?

DurakkenX
Oct 29, 2007, 02:26 PM
I've read that in AoI the drop table is different... that's cool, but I've read that this new drop table does not effect the original PSU... so what happens when someone with AoI and someone with PSU play in the same game... what drops? and if it is the AoI drop table does that mean PSU players see something else?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 29, 2007, 02:29 PM
Drop tables are per mission, not per character.

So if an AoI player is playing with a PSU player, they must be playing in a PSU mission, where only PSU items can drop.

Golto
Oct 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
Good thing is it appears they won't completely ignore v1. There still is a good number of units and 11-12* stuff that is in v1's data that could be added to v1 missions and/or be seen by v1 players if they drop in AOI missions. Recently in JPN pc/ps2 they added Stun/ Resist to Mad Beasts boss box to give one example.

DurakkenX
Oct 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
No no.... they've CHANGED the drop table of the old missions, but these changes only effect AoI players.

So if something drops the AoI's player data will say drop X item while PSU's player data will say drop Y item. Whether the item is in PSU or not doesn't make a difference when the network says to drop two different things.

Golto
Oct 29, 2007, 03:05 PM
Where have you seen someone say this to be true?

Angerpigeon
Oct 29, 2007, 03:06 PM
Even if it is the case wouldn't the drops just depend on the leader of the party then?

Mewn
Oct 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-10-29 13:05, Golto wrote:
Where have you seen someone say this to be true?

Yeah, I'm interested to know this as well.

Ceresa
Oct 29, 2007, 03:17 PM
Simply put, it's not true.

DurakkenX
Oct 29, 2007, 03:27 PM
It's on the info thing on Psupedia... perhaps i'm understanding wrong what is meant there but it's on the psupedia page that lists all the changes with AoI

Mewn
Oct 29, 2007, 03:37 PM
Point out the statement which confused you, so that I might clarify it, because I'm really at a loss as to what you're trying to point out here.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 29, 2007, 03:40 PM
Why do you use PSUPedia? All of their staff has been banned.

Mewn
Oct 29, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-10-29 13:40, beatrixkiddo wrote:

And I play 360.

Soukosa
Oct 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
Is there even any non-illuminus players left on PSUJP to find out if AoI players get different drops? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Outside of the taxi and NPCs, I haven't seen any white names in a long time.

Either way, it's been concluded that the version 1 enemies in the new missions have the same drops they've always had. If they were to give illuminus players a different drop table it'd be obvious there.

About the Stun/Resist, it could be an enemy drop from Gol Dolva. There was a screen of someone getting one from Sleeping Warriors S2 along with a Hard/Power Charge. It's anyone's guess where they come from through since no one's posted the drops on the wiki yet. Guess we'll find out soon enough if ST manages to get everyone to play those missions.

DurakkenX
Oct 29, 2007, 03:53 PM
"Monsters which appeared in missions in the regular version of PSU appear to have different drops when they are killed in Ambition of the Illuminus missions. The drops in normal PSU missions remain unchanged." <-this sentence was it but it has been changed since i saw ir because before it included the words "drop table". This way of putting it has made it clear.

Kamiense
Oct 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-10-29 13:53, DurakkenX wrote:
"Monsters which appeared in missions in the regular version of PSU appear to have different drops when they are killed in Ambition of the Illuminus missions. The drops in normal PSU missions remain unchanged." <-this sentence was it but it has been changed since i saw ir because before it included the words "drop table". This way of putting it has made it clear.

That means if there's a monster that was in a v1 mission, and it shows up in an AotI only mission, the same monster might have a different drop. The v1 missions remain unchanged.

Mewn
Oct 29, 2007, 04:01 PM
I just checked the history of that page, that sentence does not appear to have been changed since it was first written. The term 'drop table' doesn't appear in any of the old revisions.

Although it's still vague in its current form.

Edit: @ Kamiense, the different drops are, most likely, the different area drops in the new AoI missions. Example: all monsters, including existing monsters, can drop [B] Sweet Deathic in 100+ Rozenom missions. So the sentence as it stands is true (in a sense), but misleading. I'll change it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewn on 2007-10-29 14:06 ]</font>

Golto
Oct 29, 2007, 04:05 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-10-29 15:06 ]</font>

Golto
Oct 29, 2007, 04:08 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-10-29 15:07 ]</font>

Golto
Oct 29, 2007, 04:11 PM
Maybe it was meant for sometime in the future to have drop changes to monsters like Ollakas that haven't happened yet?

Schubalts
Oct 29, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-10-29 13:40, beatrixkiddo wrote:

They got banned? Huh. That's news to me. when did that happen?