PDA

View Full Version : EU PC AotI: We have been saved!

Angerpigeon
Oct 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=13517

Reliable website which I and I'm sure many others have used before. Was just put up today for preorder, I'm sorting mine out tomorrow.

Tekershee
Oct 29, 2007, 02:58 PM
KAPOW.

Neith
Oct 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, ordered mine as soon as I saw it up. Thank god there is at least one site we can get it from without too much hassle.

Angerpigeon
Oct 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah otherwise I think I would have lost it being stuck on normal PSU untill the end of January reading updates that meant nothing too me.

Chibi_psu
Oct 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
How long do you think it could take to ship to europe?Cause if its 3 weeks its not worth it.Thats canada you know....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2007-10-29 14:00 ]</font>

Jaden_Korr
Oct 29, 2007, 04:08 PM
I should mention,play.com and amazon.co.uk are both listing december release dates for AoI

Neith
Oct 29, 2007, 04:12 PM
Even with a 3 week wait, it's better than 2 months. The costs come down to around the same as walking into a UK store for me, and if it means I can play AoI before January, then it's worth it.

It says upto 14 days, if I remember correctly, which isn't bad really.

Jaden_Korr
Oct 29, 2007, 04:12 PM
I should mention,play.com and amazon.co.uk are both listing december release dates for AoI

Elaniel
Oct 29, 2007, 04:52 PM
Shopped with them a lot, they don't take more than 3-4 days max.

And so what if Play.com and AMazon UK have it listed for December. Doesnt mean it will be out then, they just havent got their press release from Sega yet.

Angerpigeon
Oct 29, 2007, 05:12 PM
Yup from what I'm seeing most people say 3-4 days, I'll confrim what it says tomorrow when I order it. Even 2 weeks is better than 9 and 1/2 waiting normally.. And the shops getting it in here is another thing..

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/faqs.php Scroll down abit if pre-ordering maxium is 2 weeks so even at it's longest it's still worth it and like the person said before it's about the same you'd pay for it in the shops here including delivery.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angerpigeon on 2007-10-29 15:21 ]</font>

Soulless
Oct 29, 2007, 06:34 PM
Hey guys,
Im wondering... if you get a copy of AoI, dont you think there might be problems for europeans with the playSEGA account switching from to AoI? Just a lil worried there...

Arika
Oct 29, 2007, 07:29 PM
where can I find the list of country that they can ship to?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 29, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-10-29 16:34, Soulless wrote:
Hey guys,
Im wondering... if you get a copy of AoI, dont you think there might be problems for europeans with the playSEGA account switching from to AoI? Just a lil worried there...

Nope.

Clumsy said that Europeans will have absolutely no problems if they import the PC version.

mizukage
Oct 29, 2007, 07:39 PM
Not sure why there is a rush for AOI... I mean, its not like the stores will be sold out in a day. I am buying it on Nov. 21 and I am sure that it will not be sold out. I mean.. Not everybody plays PSU everyday.. There are tons of good games out there, but don't get me wrong. I like PSU and will buy AOI the first thing I go to store.

Wallin
Oct 29, 2007, 08:25 PM
On 2007-10-29 17:39, mizukage wrote:
Not sure why there is a rush for AOI... I mean, its not like the stores will be sold out in a day. I am buying it on Nov. 21 and I am sure that it will not be sold out. I mean.. Not everybody plays PSU everyday.. There are tons of good games out there, but don't get me wrong. I like PSU and will buy AOI the first thing I go to store.

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the news. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif The release date for the European version of AoI is scheduled for January 25, 2008. So the only way to get it at roughly the same time we do is by importing it.

I'm thrilled for you Europeans, glad you have a way to play "on time" after all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Angerpigeon
Oct 29, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-10-29 17:29, Arika wrote:
where can I find the list of country that they can ship to?

Not sure I just know they deliver to most Maninland Europe and UK they have an email addy I'm sure if you ask em they will reply quick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh and thanks for the positive support Wallin nice to see it instead of "lulz sucks to be you" that most people give.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angerpigeon on 2007-10-29 18:43 ]</font>

Mystil
Oct 29, 2007, 10:53 PM
This is good news for you guys. The other half of the community being left in the dakr for 2 months surely would have had a noticable negative impact in AoI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-10-29 20:54 ]</font>

TranceZiggy
Oct 29, 2007, 10:55 PM
Oh freaking awesome, finally a site that will allow pre-ordering, for shipments outside of the US. Just added to my cart, will pay for it later tonight, when I get paid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Broodstar1337
Oct 29, 2007, 11:01 PM
Now the Europeans know how I felt when I switched over to JP... well, sorta.

Chibi_psu
Oct 30, 2007, 03:16 AM
Wait for play asia guys.They should putthe pc version for preorder soon.And play asia ships really fast...

Turbobrain
Oct 30, 2007, 06:34 AM
TY for that, sorted.

EDIT: Oh yeah they sell the PS2 version... got that to... now all I need to do is get swap magic... does anyone know if this 100% works on import games?

I'm sure there was another Canadian site that had the PS2 version I'm sure I just can't remember what one it was...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-10-30 04:58 ]</font>

Chibi_psu
Oct 30, 2007, 08:06 AM
sorry to tell you this but it looks like we cant play usa or japanese games online with our ps2 pal.The only thing we can do is buy the pc version...

PD:swap works for offline mode but im not sure about online...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2007-10-30 06:07 ]</font>

Angerpigeon
Oct 30, 2007, 08:23 AM
On 2007-10-30 04:34, Turbobrain wrote:
TY for that, sorted.

EDIT: Oh yeah they sell the PS2 version... got that to... now all I need to do is get swap magic... does anyone know if this 100% works on import games?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-10-30 04:58 ]</font>

Yeah the PS2 version won't work online cause it won't connect to the DNAS.. only real way of playing ps2 version online from the EU is to also look for a US PS2.

Turbobrain
Oct 30, 2007, 08:30 AM
On 2007-10-30 06:06, chibichibi wrote:
sorry to tell you this but it looks like we cant play usa or japanese games online with our ps2 pal.The only thing we can do is buy the pc version...

PD:swap works for offline mode but im not sure about online...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2007-10-30 06:07 ]</font>

Why is this? Because of Gameguard? I am just in the process of finding my friend a modding solotuin. Some of the modchip claim to be transparent so maybe these will not be picked up by Gameguard?

If anyone knows about this, I'd love to hear from them!

Or if anyone wants to trade a UK PS2 for a US one for some reason...

Turbobrain
Oct 30, 2007, 08:32 AM
On 2007-10-30 06:23, Angerpigeon wrote:

On 2007-10-30 04:34, Turbobrain wrote:
TY for that, sorted.

Yeah the PS2 version won't work online cause it won't connect to the DNAS.. only real way of playing ps2 version online from the EU is to also look for a US PS2.

What, the protection software? What if... the chip was transparent>?

Rayokarna
Oct 30, 2007, 10:00 AM
The reason why us EU/PS2 players can't import because the server connection is region locked, full stop. no if, no buts. Just take it, us PS2 UK lot are stuck, and there is nothing we can do about it (unless you have the money for a gaming PC, then knock your self out.). I'm still hating this and everyone that knows me knows that. Us PS2/UK lot have to accept the release date so if you were about to import for PS2, then forget it. Save your self £45 and buy your self Warhawk or Monster Hunter Freedom 2. >.>

Turbobrain
Oct 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-10-30 08:00, Rayokarna wrote:
The reason why us EU/PS2 players can't import because the server connection is region locked, full stop. no if, no buts. Just take it, us PS2 UK lot are stuck, and there is nothing we can do about it (unless you have the money for a gaming PC, then knock your self out.). I'm still hating this and everyone that knows me knows that. Us PS2/UK lot have to accept the release date so if you were about to import for PS2, then forget it. Save your self £45 and buy your self Warhawk or Monster Hunter Freedom 2. >.>

Maybe, my friend will buy a US PS2 from EBay or something... anyone here have a PS2 they want to sell/trade:lol:

I used to live abroad and had many US appliances, the only problem I had was with the voltage(120V/60hz compared to 240V/50hz...) I will never forget the death throws of my US Atari 4800 as I plugged in the adaptor cord into the socket.

Is it possoble to use a UK power supply on a US
PS2? The voltage should be the same but I'm not sure about the 'phase'.

I have no idea why my friend does'nt just buy a PC... espeically as I'm gonna be upgrading soon anyway from this one... I guess he just does'nt like computers much...