PDA

View Full Version : cast or newman

stampe
Oct 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
hello this is my first post so... hi

i got a lvl.80 newman ft an a lvl.68 cast fortegunner
i dont know witch one i wanna play on my newman is a dmg mage and dont heal alot what i wanna know is witch one is going to be better after aoi
thanks i advance

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2007, 04:46 PM
That's a rather silly question. I'll try to give you some advice, but really...

Fortetechers are going to get lv40 techs. This means, they'll have bigger explosions than ever before. They're also the only class capable of supporting other members.

Fortegunners get S rank guns. S rank guns have specialized bullets for that gun. You may be heavily impressed with the bullets that they end up using. They also get access to traps, which are normally instant status.

Considering these facts, I believe the obvious answer is that you should be a beast fortefighter.

*adjusts glasses*

Mr_Reverend
Oct 29, 2007, 04:50 PM
I may be biased, but I'd say go with the fortegunner...although I may only be basing that decision on the new SUV that summons a hefty great sword.

Admittedly, that isn't the best thing to base a decision on! I guess it depends on what kind of play style you prefer, whether you intend on playing solo or in a group, and whether you really, REALLY enjoy using a giant sword-based SUV.

Umberger
Oct 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-10-29 14:46, Zorafim wrote:

They're also the only class capable of supporting other members.

Acrotecher (40) > Fortetecher = Guntecher (30 each) > Wartecher (20) when it comes to support TECHNICs in AoI...I have no idea what you're talking about.

Criss
Oct 29, 2007, 05:13 PM
Personally, I don't think "better class" is a good argument. I say just play whatever you have the most fun playing. I personally dislike fTs from the lack of mobility when using TECHs, but that's just me. Some people like to use those to blast a whole group of monsters away with big flashy TECH animations. Some would rather use TECHs to heal and buff other party members so everyone kills faster and survives better. Others like the huge damage numbers from smacking monsters up close with powerful melee weaponry. Others like me prefer staying on the move while constantly shooting, strafing inbetween enemies while dealing damage and status effects. Or you can stick to long range marksmanship with rifles and such.

PSU is all about fun, cooperation and looks. In the end, all that counts is to play what you feel like playing and have fun with it. Even if it involves arguably "underpowered" characters.

MSAksion
Oct 29, 2007, 07:05 PM
Dont....Like...Attack...Techs...does not... compute......*Suffers Heart Attack...

Newman or CAST... both use TECH and GUN... why not make one of them a Guntecher?

Either would excel at the job. The CAST has all of its ForteGunner Guns ready to be a GT. Just add Card fans and RESTA/REVERSER and you're good to go. Your TP would suck but guns are the way to go.

Your Newman would need to have the CAST's guns transfered to him but hed be AOIs superior Tech HEALER over a Wartecher at least. Long range fire support and lvl 30 GOOD Resta would be greatly appreciated. newman guns are weak but you'd survive against most magical monsters with high MST and heal pretty well with number one TP.

Either way you could'nt go wrong. Low HP on a newman is negeted by the fact that a GT can dance around and is never stationary.

Whats wrong with FT and FG? Both jobs require a good sniper point and set up of heavy Artillery fire support. Whether Grenades and rifles or DIGA and Damubarta - the name of the game is Squad Tactics.

Nothing like sitting back and doing 1000 to six targets rather than only 1900 to one target. By the time you're done annihilating an entire squad's HP your team hunters will come in to finish the job.

OR you can play the consistant damage game. TECH is slow. Swords are slow only because you're running up to an enemy. Guns start spitting fire and dont stop till the enemy is dead no matter where they run. Its all up to you.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 29, 2007, 07:15 PM
For the umpteenth fucking time, there is no u in Dambarta.

Anyway, for the OP:

"don't heal alot" means you must suck at anything force related, so stick to the fG.

Rasputin
Oct 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
Cast. Meatbags don't fly so well with me.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
Depends on what you like better, elves or toasters? Awaits the wrath of Zorafim...

-Aurora-
Oct 29, 2007, 09:05 PM
Play them both!

Da_trader
Oct 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
u should go for cast man fo real they get new parts new weapons new everything look at one of the new faces

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8056/psu20071024143955013wo2.th.png (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu20071024143955013wo2.png)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1475/psu20071024143725005pk2.th.png (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu20071024143725005pk2.png)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da_trader on 2007-10-29 19:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da_trader on 2007-10-29 19:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da_trader on 2007-10-29 19:22 ]</font>

AerisZeal
Oct 29, 2007, 09:56 PM
RAnewearl here. I say you switch their classes and have some fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

..and by "switch" I mean, make the Newman Fortegunner and the Cast Fortetecher. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AerisZeal on 2007-10-29 20:04 ]</font>

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-10-29 18:08, Shiroryuu wrote:
Awaits the wrath of Zorafim...

Receives the wrath of Zorafim...

Omega_Weltall
Oct 29, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-10-29 17:15, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Anyway, for the OP:

"don't heal alot" means you must suck at anything force related, so stick to the fG.

oh jesus fucking christ , why dose EVERYONE insist on makeing all force classes support ONLY. This isnt an RPG where everyone in the team gets XP regardless weather or not you attack. We dont nuke we dont get XP. Even if you just tag with a debuff we only get 75% of XP. So we just sit back heal and be thankful for the opportunity?! FUCK THAT!

Broodstar1337
Oct 29, 2007, 11:05 PM
On 2007-10-29 20:57, Omega_Weltall wrote:

On 2007-10-29 17:15, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Anyway, for the OP:

oh jesus fucking christ , why dose EVERYONE insist on makeing all force classes support ONLY. This isnt an RPG where everyone in the team gets XP regardless weather or not you attack. We dont nuke we dont get XP. Even if you just tag with a debuff we only get 75% of XP. So we just sit back heal and be thankful for the opportunity?! FUCK THAT!

The only Force that does it's job is still at lvl 1. Thank God I don't do my job then. Then again, I don't need to do my job; the hunters need to learn how to not get hit while spamming their newfag PAs...

mizukage
Oct 29, 2007, 11:10 PM

Well.. Isn't 75% EXP good enough to level up? All you got to do is run around and use giresta and resta whenever it is necessary. Easy job, good pay!

However, when I use the force license, I usually stick with gifoie, rafoie, foie, barta, and dambarta. Occasionally, I do use giresta and resta. Then again, I am usually the melee.

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2007, 11:11 PM
There's no way I'm stun-locking that potentially dangerous mob so the rest of the party can kill the easier ones! I need exp too! Who cares if it uses attacks that can kill most players in one hit, or completely slows down our process of killing so that it takes more than twice as long to get through this spawn? I have different and better PAs that can spread apart the helpless group of low threat enemies which can be killed normally in seconds!

See? Fortefighters can complain too.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 29, 2007, 11:14 PM

Did I say support ONLY? I don't believe I did. But face it, there is one reason anyone wants a force in a party: free healing and buffs. Don't like it, too bad, go solo with your BIG NUMBARZ111.

Also, I think you were looking for "does," not "dose."

Omega_Weltall
Oct 29, 2007, 11:21 PM
i cant beleave this sh... so I should just shut up, delete ALL my attack TECHs and only have a pallet full of wands and rods of nothing but buffs, debuffs, Resta and Reverser? (GiResta's useless cause everyone should carry 10 scapes anyway). if thats the case i should just make my Main (newman male) a FG and say damn being a healbot

Remedy
Oct 29, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-10-29 14:46, Zorafim wrote:
They're also the only class capable of supporting other members.Ahahahaha, how I wish that was true. Oh how I wish.

oh jesus fucking christ , why dose EVERYONE insist on makeing all force classes support ONLY.Support primary. Nukes secondary. Anyone that disagrees fails at Fortecher currently and will fail at Acrotecher in AotI.

They also failed at FOnewearl/FOnewm/FOmarl/FOmar in PSO, too.

On 2007-10-29 21:05, Broodstar1337 wrote:
The only Force that does it's job is still at lvl 1. Thank God I don't do my job then.Debuffs tag too, dumbfuck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-10-29 21:25 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-10-29 21:21, Omega_Weltall wrote:
I should just shut upI agree.

mizukage
Oct 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-10-29 21:21, Omega_Weltall wrote:
(GiResta's useless cause everyone should carry 10 scapes anyway).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Giresta is very useful. Its not like everybody run around with 10 scapedolls. More over, scapedolls cost 5000 meseta each. Moon atomizers are cheaper, but then again.. Why bother putting a cap on Giresta if people don't use it?

Remedy
Oct 29, 2007, 11:31 PM
Agreed. In just this week alone, I think I've scored over 20 successful resurrections with Giresta. Having it at 16 so far doesn't hurt, either. :3

Omega_Weltall
Oct 29, 2007, 11:35 PM
ugh I give up... oh i was being sarcastic about the GiResta thing, being how some people i end up grouping with get pissy when soneone dies and dosent have a scape. oh btw I DO heal when nessisary as most classes dont have the ability to heal/buff themselves (sans GunTechers and WarTechers i'm sure everyone knows this). but i REFUSE to just wait till someone needs to be healed in order to do something.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-10-29 21:35, Omega_Weltall wrote:
but i REFUSE to just wait till someone needs to be healed in order to do something.

And did I ever say you should do that?

Jesus Christ people, stop making things up.

mizukage
Oct 29, 2007, 11:40 PM
how some people i end up grouping with get pissy when soneone dies and dosent have a scape.

True, but I thought it only happens on the US servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Omega_Weltall
Oct 29, 2007, 11:41 PM
some seem to think that way, and it pisses me off to no end

Remedy
Oct 29, 2007, 11:44 PM
i REFUSE to just wait till someone needs to be healed in order to do something.No one ever said you have to. My Force checklist for this game is pretty much identical to the one I had in PSO, too.

1: Is anyone dead? If so, Giresta them.
2: Is anyone in immediate danger of dying? If so, Resta immediately.
3: Is everyone buffed? If not, center yourself between the team and buff fully.
4: Are the enemies before us worthy targets of debuffing? If so, are they debuffed? If not, debuff them with at least Zoldeel and Jellen (and usually Zalure, too)
5: Is anyone at about half HP? If so, Giresta them.
6: Everything above clear? Nuke something!

Elley
Oct 30, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-10-29 21:44, Remedy wrote:

i REFUSE to just wait till someone needs to be healed in order to do something.No one ever said you have to. My Force checklist for this game is pretty much identical to the one I had in PSO, too.

4: Are the enemies before us worthy targets of debuffing? If so, are they debuffed? If not, debuff them with at least Zoldeel and Jellen (and usually Zalure, too)

o.o
O.O
x.x

stampe
Oct 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
so i guess this mean i should work on my fortegunner

Rashiid
Oct 30, 2007, 08:56 AM

woah - thats like...me! cept tha debuffing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
will be harder as a guntech to do it tho - cant wait for Lv30 support, for some useful resta.....

CelestialBlade
Oct 30, 2007, 09:35 AM
On 2007-10-30 06:56, Rashiid wrote:

woah - thats like...me! cept tha debuffing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
will be harder as a guntech to do it tho - cant wait for Lv30 support, for some useful resta.....

I actually plan on doing a little debuffing on my GT in AoI. One of my palette slots is going to be dedicated entirely to buffs/debuffs, currently planned is my Cometarac and a Madoog of some kind (as high PP as I can get, obviously). That covers the four buffs. Now, I'll get a second Madoog and have Zalure and Zodeel on it (the two most useful debuffs, IMO). When you're done buffing, just swap the Madoog and you have debuff-age.

Geez, I thought GT was fun now....it's gonna be a total blast in AoI.

And I know it's old, but I agree, there is no freaking "u" in Dambarta. Or in Nosdiga.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 30, 2007, 10:23 AM
Shouldn't GT be using wands preferentially to madoogs?

I mean, your main weapons are left-handed....

Remedy
Oct 30, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-10-29 23:50, Elley wrote:
o.o
O.O
x.xWhat? Any good Fortecher whose priority is her party thinks the same way.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 30, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-10-30 08:23, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

I think one set of madoog/wand for the buff set makes sense.

resta/reverser/giresta/debuff - that makes sense to have weapons in the left hand wands in the right.

CelestialBlade
Oct 30, 2007, 11:31 AM

I can afford to lose one palette slot to buffs/debuffs. I do use wands but it's a pain only being able to link two buffs per palette slot. Madoogs fix that problem entirely.

Other than the buff slot, I have wands/dagger paired with one-handed ranger weapons, then a couple slots for two-handed weapons. It works out.

Rashiid
Oct 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
i will have a Madoog/Wand combo consisting of tha 4 buffs.

i could have a debuff Wand.....

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 01:20 PM
On 2007-10-30 09:24, SolomonGrundy wrote:

resta/reverser/giresta/debuff - that makes sense to have weapons in the left hand wands in the right.

Wouldn't a Rod be more effective? By equipping a Halarod and Te/PP with Sori/Tech Charge on a Sori-Senba would boost the technics, while reserving PP, right?

Zorak000
Oct 30, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-10-30 08:30, Remedy wrote:
What? Any good Fortecher whose priority is their party thinks the same way.

<.<
>.>
fixed

Remedy
Oct 30, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-10-30 11:32, Zorak000 wrote:

<.<
>.>
fixedPoint given, I suppose. I still think about Fortechers in feminine terms because of Remedy. Bad habit, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tsundere
Oct 30, 2007, 02:01 PM
Level them both. You should be able to get them both pretty high in level by the end of the event.

CelestialBlade
Oct 30, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-10-30 11:20, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-10-30 09:24, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Wouldn't a Rod be more effective? By equipping a Halarod and Te/PP with Sori/Tech Charge on a Sori-Senba would boost the technics, while reserving PP, right?

Guntecher.

Remedy
Oct 30, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-10-30 12:14, Typheros wrote:
Guntecher.Or Acrotecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 02:37 PM
Fortetecher too? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 30, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-10-30 11:32, Zorak000 wrote:

<.<
>.>
fixed

While I agree that it is really creepy how Remedy thinks in the feminine, "any" is singular, so "their" is incorrect ("he/she" is most correct, with "he" being preferred in the general sense).

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 30, 2007, 04:38 PM
Wait, aren't both Te / PP Tech Save and Sori / Tech Charge both head slots? I don't think there's a way to put both, is there?

Gunslinger-08
Oct 30, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-10-30 06:37, stampe wrote:
so i guess this mean i should work on my fortegunner

This is no longer your topic, but yes!

ThEoRy
Oct 30, 2007, 07:19 PM
Follow your heart's true path Grasshopper.