PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Typing in Japanese on PSU XBOX 360

iamanotaku
Oct 30, 2007, 01:37 AM
Hello i am writing to ask if anyone knows if there is anyway i can type in japanese on my PSU xbox 360 american version.

I have japanese keyboard

ive set my xbox 360 to japanese. I can type on xbox live in japanese but not on PSU.

is it possible? if so.. I'd like to know

thanks for looking..

Midicronica
Oct 30, 2007, 01:56 AM
You need the JP version of the game.

Sychosis
Oct 30, 2007, 01:56 AM
Not possible. Thank the Lord.

omegapirate2k
Oct 30, 2007, 01:59 AM
On 2007-10-29 23:56, Midicronica wrote:
You need the JP version of the game.

If he has a japanese keyboard, he should have no problem playing the japanese version, I guess.

You could probably import it easily I bet.

Retehi
Oct 30, 2007, 02:00 AM
I hope it's for valid reasons, and not making stupid heart, and music note characters.

iamanotaku
Oct 30, 2007, 02:14 AM
ya i have good reasons of using it. What ive noticed when i search the different player shops i dont really have access to japanese people shops. For the random japanese shops ive come across ive found better deals and cheaper prices.

if we could type in japanese i think we'd have a better selection of items that were on sale.

Sychosis
Oct 30, 2007, 02:18 AM
The Japanese who REALLY want to sell something, typically put big ticket items in their ad in plain English.

Midicronica
Oct 30, 2007, 02:29 AM
On 2007-10-30 00:22, Sychosis wrote:
The Japanese who REALLY want to sell something, typically put big ticket items in their ad in plain English.

Yeah, a lot of them do that. As a matter of fact, I've been frequenting a Japanese players shop lately because he's been selling Rabol Dunga boards for good prices. I access the person's shop by typing 'Rabol Dunga' in the ad search area.

iamanotaku
Oct 30, 2007, 02:56 AM
ya they have better deals..its like they're aren't into ripping people off as much as other people lol.

just seems if we could type in japanese we could find alot better items for sale.

iamanotaku
Oct 30, 2007, 02:57 AM
On 2007-10-30 00:56, iamanotaku wrote:
ya they have better deals..its like they aren't into ripping people off as much as other people lol.

just seems if we could type in japanese we could find alot better items for sale.

Rashiid
Oct 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
On 2007-10-30 00:00, Retehi wrote:
I hope it's for valid reasons, and not making stupid heart, and music note characters.

....ok ya got me....

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 30, 2007, 09:36 AM
I'm going to buy AotI from the Japanese marketplace. So tired of looking stupid typing in romaji.

Rashiid
Oct 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-10-30 07:36, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
I'm going to buy AotI from the Japanese marketplace. So tired of looking stupid typing in romaji.

o.0 that would work ?

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-10-29 23:37, iamanotaku wrote:
Hello i am writing to ask if anyone knows if there is anyway i can type in japanese on my PSU xbox 360 american version.

I have japanese keyboard

ive set my xbox 360 to japanese. I can type on xbox live in japanese but not on PSU.

is it possible? if so.. I'd like to know

Well.. I believe that it is possible to type English in the Japanese version PSU, yet it is NOT possible to type Japanese in the English version of the PSU. If you want to type Japanese in PSU, get a JP version of the game!

DuRaL
Oct 30, 2007, 01:30 PM
if you have the english and the japanese version, do you need an account (and license) for each, or is it possible to switch between the 2 versions with only 1 account (and license)?

i might get AOI from both, the english and the japanese marketplace, if that's possible..

i really miss the japanese shortcuts i had in PSO, but i still want to understand the story-missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Inazuma
Oct 30, 2007, 02:06 PM
wow, how stupid of ST to let the jp and eng players play together on the same servers, but NOT let the eng ver players type in jp. maybe ST really would have preferred to keep them seperate (pc/ps2 ver is that way, psobb was that way) but microsoft forced em to merge? and maybe since ST was forced to do it, they didnt let eng players type in jp, to encourage the regions to stay as seperate as possible.

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-10-30 11:30, DuRaL wrote:
if you have the english and the japanese version, do you need an account (and license) for each, or is it possible to switch between the 2 versions with only 1 account (and license)?

Play-Sega (http://www.playsega.com/)
Sega Knowledge Base (http://sega-us.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sega_us.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=mLzLGgNi&p_lva=1037&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=0&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=?_lvl1=0&cat_lvl1=0&p_search_text=phantasy+star+universe&p_new_search=1)

I believe you have to pay twice, because the payment website is different for the two. However, I might be wrong on this.

susaru7
Nov 1, 2007, 12:52 PM
Hi , i know no one else responded to this, but i read at the official forum that it is possible to type it, but there not telling me how . I was wondering if you find away yet.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-11-01 10:52, susaru7 wrote:
Hi , i know no one else responded to this, but i read at the official forum that it is possible to type it, but there not telling me how . I was wondering if you find away yet.

For Xbox 360? I really don't know about that...

JAFO22000
Nov 1, 2007, 04:58 PM
I played in a party with someone who did not speak the whole mission. They just put up quick on screen typing stuff like "THX" for healing and such. I noticed when Ethan joined our party that his text was in Japanese, at which time I assumed our party leader was from Japan.

So, we finish the mission and he puts up a text of "1 or 2?" so we could choose which EX mission to do. I typed in "2".

Anyway, after the mission, I checked this guys Xbox Live GT and it said he was from the United States. I forgot his GT, but it was something that a stupid kid would have, lke "xX DiSmIsSaL Xx" or some shit....his motto was even in english..slangy English.

So then I was confused. I figured that it was a kid in the US who was able to get Japanese subtitles to print.

Anyway, I know the person understood English, because at the NEXT EX mission choice, when he put "1 or 2" on the screen, I said into my mic "Just pick either one, it really doesn't matter to me". He immediately picked the mission....weird stuff that I don't even care about and probably shouldn't have even spent this much time typing about, but I did, so......yeah.

mizukage
Nov 1, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-11-01 14:58, JAFO22000 wrote:
I played in a party with someone who did not speak the whole mission. They just put up quick on screen typing stuff like "THX" for healing and such. I noticed when Ethan joined our party that his text was in Japanese, at which time I assumed our party leader was from Japan.

I figure the game itself is a JP version. It isn't possible to display Japanese NPC names, if the version is EU/US and I don't think it can be configured in the settings either. It works for other games, but not for PSU. Not sure about AOI...

RemiusTA
Nov 1, 2007, 08:38 PM
On 2007-10-29 23:56, Sychosis wrote:
Not possible. Thank the Lord.

a-fucking-men.