PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode

vox3om
Oct 30, 2007, 01:15 PM
I haven't played extra mode yet. I was wondering if it is like the offline mode for PSO or does it just follow as story and end?

Mysterious-G
Oct 30, 2007, 01:18 PM
You create your own character and have access to all the free missions available in Story mode.
As further you moce in the story mode, the more content is enabled for extra mode.
The characters you create in extra mode, however, can't be used in online mode, like in PSO.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 30, 2007, 01:18 PM
Nope, you just get all the free missions and some redone versions of the ones from story mode, and 500k meseta S ranks.... I miss my shotgun...... T_T

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 02:58 PM
Extra mode is like story mode, but you get to create a customized character and there are NO story missions, instead you get to roam around in a world where most people you approach will vanish in thin air http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif with exceptions to certain NPCs.

Aside from that, its a wonderful game which lets you built your own character, save some meseta, and build a equipment inventory ready for AOI offline storymode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

nyu
Oct 30, 2007, 06:06 PM
whats extra mode

Rainu
Oct 30, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-10-30 16:06, nyu wrote:
whats extra mode

Read the post above yours.

nyu
Oct 30, 2007, 06:27 PM
sorry about that what i meant to say was where do you find extra mode.

Ryna
Oct 30, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-10-30 16:27, nyu wrote:
sorry about that what i meant to say was where do you find extra mode.

You unlock it after completing Chapter 3 or Chapter 4 (I forget which) of offline Story Mode.

SuperChoco
Oct 30, 2007, 07:22 PM
unlock Ch 4 to get Extra mode
but you must beat story mode in order to unlock everything in extra mode

Dragwind
Oct 30, 2007, 08:52 PM
It's just like an empty story mode world imo. Doesn't compare to the offline quality that PSO had compared to its online.

Reipard
Oct 30, 2007, 09:38 PM
It's just like an empty story mode world imo. Doesn't compare to the offline quality that PSO had compared to its online.

PSO's offline and online are the same thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-10-30 19:38, Reipard wrote:

PSO's offline and online are the same thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

No. PSO online enables other players to join you on missions making it much easier than doing solo. In the online, when your character dies during a mission, you will have the option of getting one of the other players to revive you, while in the offline.. When you die during a mission, you only have 2 choices: 1) instant gameover or 2) lose all of your meseta and return to Pioneer 2. On top of that, there are more content in the online compared to the offline. I play the offline and it sucks..

Psycho_Sonic
Oct 31, 2007, 03:46 AM
On 2007-10-30 19:38, Reipard wrote:

*severe facepalm*

Please be sterilized. Today.

Reipard
Oct 31, 2007, 09:03 AM
No. PSO online enables other players to join you on missions making it much easier than doing solo. In the online, when your character dies during a mission, you will have the option of getting one of the other players to revive you, while in the offline.. When you die during a mission, you only have 2 choices: 1) instant gameover or 2) lose all of your meseta and return to Pioneer 2. On top of that, there are more content in the online compared to the offline. I play the offline and it sucks.

Content-wise, they are the same. The offline component is as fulfilling as the online component because they are the same content. Don't twist my words to mean more than they do.

*severe facepalm*

Please be sterilized. Today.

I'm not even going to justify that stupidity with a response.

Bremmon
Oct 31, 2007, 09:20 AM
I thought that the Offline mode doesn't have difficulty levels for missions. For example, you get most missions online with rank C through S2. I don't think you can do that in Offline mode, though I could be mistaken.

Remedy
Oct 31, 2007, 09:30 AM
On 2007-10-31 01:46, Psycho_Sonic wrote:

*severe facepalm*

Please be sterilized. Today.Except, y'know, they are, minus the other people online.

There's some quests that aren't online that are offline and vice versa, but the basic formula is exactly the same.

Kinako78
Oct 31, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-10-31 07:20, Bremmon wrote:
I thought that the Offline mode doesn't have difficulty levels for missions. For example, you get most missions online with rank C through S2. I don't think you can do that in Offline mode, though I could be mistaken.

That is correct. In Extra Mode, each mission has one level requirement. Once you reach that level, you can do it whenever you want.

Bremmon
Oct 31, 2007, 10:09 AM
In Offline mode does the mission adjust itself to your level or is a level 1 mission always filled with lvl 1 monsters? If it doesn't adjust itself, then it seems missions would be almost unplayable because you would outlevel them at some point.

At least in Online you can select a mission rank that fits your current level to keep the challenge appropriate.

Kinako78
Oct 31, 2007, 10:13 AM
They stay the same, but that could work to your advantage. When you achieve S rank on a mission, you get a special item. I find it nearly impossible to achieve an S rank at the minimum level for a mission. The only exception being Annihilation.

Psycho_Sonic
Oct 31, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-10-31 07:30, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-10-31 01:46, Psycho_Sonic wrote:

*severe facepalm*

Please be sterilized. Today.Except, y'know, they are, minus the other people online.

There's some quests that aren't online that are offline and vice versa, but the basic formula is exactly the same.

Oh, right. Besides the new drops and increase in difficulty and experience, you're right. Totally the same. (and yes, this IS a big deal on pso. you can call me a geek for caring, but that's like stating that i breathe)

Reipard
Oct 31, 2007, 04:30 PM
Oh, right. Besides the new drops and increase in difficulty and experience, you're right. Totally the same. (and yes, this IS a big deal on pso. you can call me a geek for caring, but that's like stating that i breathe)

You must remember PSO wrong, because the drops were the same offline and on- and the exp was the same. The monsters were easier, I will give you that- but the two entities had to be compatible because you could take your offline char online in PSO. You cannot in PSU, so PSU's extra mode gets a lot of latency to turn the balance right upside down, have completely different drop charts AND enemy charts, have a completely different set of missions and so on.

I'll give you the side stories, that's about it.

I'll not hear or respond to anything you have to say from here on. As far as I'm concerned, you stated your intentions for discussion quite clearly with your initial post. And I say 'Screw that crap'.

Psycho_Sonic
Oct 31, 2007, 05:58 PM
Ack, you're right. I am shamed. V_V