PDA

View Full Version : Most balanced class?

Randomness
Oct 30, 2007, 06:06 PM
Personally, I feel wartecher takes the cake. Can deal good damage of all three types (Melee, ranged, tech), can buff and heal, and basically does anything you could need. The ONE thing it cant do is lay traps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2007-10-30 16:07 ]</font>

Kylie
Oct 30, 2007, 06:08 PM
Wartecher, especially in the expansion.

SuperChoco
Oct 30, 2007, 07:27 PM
Wartecher
runner up would be acrotecher
then protranser

Zorafim
Oct 30, 2007, 07:31 PM
I wasn't aware there was a comparison. Considering how all classes have ranged weapons forced on them, and this class specializes in the two types that aren't ranger, this class has a basis in every weapon type.

mizukage
Oct 30, 2007, 07:34 PM
Wartecher is most balanced, even though many people think its merely a mediocre class.

Rashiid
Oct 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
oh -- this should be interesting......

i think Acrotecher/Wartecher.
and Protranser is suppost to be the mix....see how that worked out

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 30, 2007, 07:47 PM
I think Acrofighter can be pretty well-rounded too. They have strong melee, cards and shadoogs for those melee resistant enemies, and for things that are both melee and tech resistant, they have SEs, DoTs with Burn and Virus traps. Also, as the only non-teching class with cards, they can use that healing card bullet. Wartecher and Acrotecher are also good since they can support theirselves and have 3 different ways of killing things, melee, magic, and ranged.

DavidNel
Oct 30, 2007, 08:03 PM
FiGunner, because I'm really bias! Lol. But really, they can shoot things, and kill stuff up close. Give them enough time and they'll get the job done.

Kinako78
Oct 30, 2007, 08:11 PM
I'll have to go with Wartecher, as well. I have to agree with DavidNel that Fighgunner is pretty well balanced, too, though.

Dragwind
Oct 30, 2007, 08:34 PM
Wartecher and PT imo.

Winter_of_uno
Oct 31, 2007, 10:07 AM
Dunno bout WT, healing and buffing yourself might help out a lot, but no access to SE 2+ seems to be a bit problematic to me.
I say PT cause he can deal high damage to all types of resistant mobs.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 31, 2007, 10:23 AM
Actually, I think Wartechers have SE 3 Burn with their lv 11+ Foie. Well, its slower than a Rifle, but its still something.

Lyric
Oct 31, 2007, 11:32 AM
I've never once had a problem with my GT. Call it bias if you will, but that's what I'm voting. We've got long range covered, can support, and I know my melee isn't bad either. But in the end it's just one opinion, heh.

Zael
Oct 31, 2007, 11:59 AM
Fortegunner

SolomonGrundy
Oct 31, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-10-31 08:23, Shiroryuu wrote:
Actually, I think Wartechers have SE 3 Burn with their lv 11+ Foie. Well, its slower than a Rifle, but its still something.

damfoe as well SE3 from the get go.

Xencia
Oct 31, 2007, 12:18 PM
Easily WarTecher,they've got it all. Good melee damage,good tech damage,access to a long range sniping weapon,and with cards a good strafing gun too. They also have really good defensive stats so they're very survivable. There are other classes that are balanced and have various options,but none have as many as WarTecher does.

FighGunner has no teching or rifle for robots or similar enemies and twin handguns doesn't have the great range of a bow/rifle. Guntecher's melee ability is way below WarTecher's range ability,not to mention their currently bad teching cap. Protranser also has no teching ability,but with grenades and bows I think they're much better off then FighGunners at the least.

amtalx
Oct 31, 2007, 12:48 PM
Most balanced? Wartecher has access a little bit of everything...but thats about as far as it goes. In terms of actual performance, Wartechers leave a great deal to be desired. Guntecher is probably the next best thing thats actually a viable class.

Shishi-O
Oct 31, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-10-30 18:03, DavidNel wrote:
FiGunner, because I'm really bias! Lol. But really, they can shoot things, and kill stuff up close. Give them enough time and they'll get the job done.

i agree lol

not biased at all >>

omegapirate2k
Oct 31, 2007, 01:59 PM
Wartecher, especially in the expansion, biggest weapon selection (well, least S ranks, but you can't have everything) in the game, and to complement the reasonable armament of melee and technic weapons, you get bows and cards, both fantastic ranged weapons, even at low levels (which will go up by 10 in the expansion, makes more of a difference for cards than bows) and the second highest HP in the game (although I'm not sure if this will be the case in the expansion, AF has high health as well).

Winter_of_uno
Nov 1, 2007, 04:23 AM

Oh, right Foie, forgot about that.

Alamar
Nov 1, 2007, 12:53 PM
I have wartecher and transer at 10. I think transer is the better of the 2. wartecher I believe has more HP then my transer. At lvl 100 I have 2601. There was just something about wartecher I did not like can not put my finger on exactly what. I tried Protranser and I really like it. Personel preference I guess. To each his own, but for me Transer has alot of fine weapons. And in AOI I finally get S ranks(WOOT). On top of having the only class to get both lvl 40 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif the only class to do so.. SInce they really screwed Transers in this version. It is frustrating to see all the S ranks and be able to use them. But I am collecting the ones I can use In AOI during this event so I can have them at the start of the expansion. Just not made them yet might try with the % bonus we get or even wait for AOI not sure. Just my H.O.

Schubalts
Nov 1, 2007, 12:59 PM
Protrannies only get level 30 skills, not 40.

Remedy
Nov 1, 2007, 01:04 PM
Actually, I think Wartechers have SE 3 Burn with their lv 11+ Foie. Well, its slower than a Rifle, but its still something. Additionally, post-AotI, they'll have level 30 nukes, so SE4 from Foie 21+.

panzer_unit
Nov 1, 2007, 01:52 PM
Wartecher doesn't have very good access to high-SE Virus... that status is a big deal when soloing. Dammegid is only SE2 (WTH) and there are no techs that do it. PT gets traps, bow @ SE4, handgun & grenade @ SE3.

I found my WT was pretty poor for delivering statuses, until AOI at least Foie and Dam-techs are the only really viable option... and they take a while still compared to shooting faster with a bow at higher SE, or at twice a bow's rate of fire with a handgun for SE3. PT can spam consumables for healing and buffs, WT can't do the same for fast status effects and damage.

In AOI I think WT's going to be much improved in terms of versatility with better SE levels on all sorts of stuff, the ability to cast left-handed, etc, while PT is only getting a (laaaaarge) boost to oughtright power rather than any additional abilities.