PDA

View Full Version : Gun/Tech swap option

Jaspaller
Oct 31, 2007, 05:33 PM
Poll is pretty simple, I'm just curious to know what everyone uses.

To anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about, it's for weapons with 4 attacks rather than 2 (weapons with gun/crossbow in one hand and a melee weapon/Wand in the other, rods as well). Used to switch to the other weapon.

I prefer hold, I don't always use that secondary weapon, and it pains me when I swap to a different weapon and back to find myself still in gun mode for a monster in melee range.

Kinako78
Oct 31, 2007, 05:35 PM
Click. Holding down that button makes my finger tired after awhile.

bahk
Oct 31, 2007, 05:38 PM
If it's during 1UP when I'm only using a crossbow or mechgun so I can photon charge it faster, click.
If it's any other time when I have both hands full, hold.

Though it is admittedly quite hard to get adjusted to having to reclick if I use rifle or suv... You'd think if you're only equipped in your offhand they'd just make that weapon available to use like a main.

Jaspaller
Oct 31, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-10-31 15:38, bahk wrote:
If it's during 1UP when I'm only using a crossbow or mechgun so I can photon charge it faster, click.
If it's any other time when I have both hands full, hold.

Though it is admittedly quite hard to get adjusted to having to reclick if I use rifle or suv... You'd think if you're only equipped in your offhand they'd just make that weapon available to use like a main.

Pretty much the same here. I only find myself using it during the EX missions though when I'm running C's.

shakenbake
Oct 31, 2007, 06:00 PM
because of my laptop keypad, I cant hold up and change camera and fire, so i use hold. im a GT anyways, so wand is mostly for situation heals and buffing.

plus i find strafing easier when you don't have to hold.

Sasamichan
Oct 31, 2007, 06:03 PM
Well, on my fG, I don't equip anything on my right hand with my xbows. So, click would be appropriate. On my fT, hold.

Aethereal
Oct 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
I use Click on my GT. My finger does get tired holding down the L2 button on my controller after a while. Also if I release even the tiniest amount of pressure off of the button, it will switch over to my wand and mess me up if I'm spamming crossbow shots.

Rashiid
Oct 31, 2007, 07:03 PM
click. if i switch to the other hand - i generally want to keep using that weapon.

Remedy
Oct 31, 2007, 07:04 PM
Click. Couldn't stand doing it any other way as a FT, considering how long I'll use one side of a rod.

Rizen
Oct 31, 2007, 07:09 PM
I prefer Hold for any and all my characters. I pretty much set it up so that I know what I'm going to be using the whole run. Also, I have a lot more control (imo) to switch out at any second if the situation calls for me to switch.

I guess its also a Resident Evil habit *shifty eyes*

Anduril
Oct 31, 2007, 07:38 PM
Click with both tech/gun swapping and with strafing. Makes it a whole lot easier to use cards, mechguns, and twin handguns when I have this configuration, albiet if I have to run to save someone it could mess me up a bit.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 31, 2007, 07:58 PM
Click always.

Lyric
Oct 31, 2007, 08:04 PM
I prefer to hold. Makes swapping between the weapons much easier. Though it seriously baffles me how your fingers could get tired from almost-effortlessly holding down a button. I've never had that problem...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
Hold.

Click would mess me up so bad.

BlackHat
Oct 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
FT I use hold, GT I use click, Melee I use hold, and Range I use click.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 31, 2007, 08:06 PM
The only time I use click is when leveling an offhand weapon since it tires my left finger after a long while. I prefer hold so I can switch to the wand for last-second Restas.