PDA

View Full Version : Starting a fT, had some questions...

Arcturus
Oct 31, 2007, 09:11 PM
Running Neudaiz with my fG was starting to get draining, so I started a second character. Wanted to make sure I'm going in the right direction.

1. Leveling techs is going really slowly. I got Dambarta to 11 pretty quickly, but Rafoie and Razonde are both taking forever. Is there a "hump" to get over, after which leveling techs becomes easier?

2. I was inspired to make a force by seeing that video of level 40 and 50 techs. I wanna be able to summon a lightning bolt the size of the room too! The question is, what's also useful, besides looking cool? Something tells me that Zonde isn't the best tech to be concentrating on (although the level 50 version looks too cool for words).

3. Wow, Resta is going to take forever to go anywhere. So will Reverser. Should I be worried?

Might seem like stupid questions, but someone might have some good info.

Oh yeah, and my force is currently level 11, with level 11 Razonde and Dambarta, level 6 Diga, and level 2 buffs. Am I making good progress?

jayster
Oct 31, 2007, 09:23 PM
fortetechers take alot of time. My level 60 fortetecher only has a couple techs over 21:

24 nozdiga
27 dambarta
21 noszonde
18 diga
15 gidiga
14 radiga
7 foe
14 rafoe
16 gifoe
21 buffs
11 giresta
21 resta
12 reverser

My other techs aren't worth mentioning. But leveling techs definatly seem harder than bullets. It's good to get buffs high at a low level so find some buffing partys. Resta and reverser level up slowly on their own. Techs seem to only get easier to level after 21 :-/

Also, a tip, don't buy all the tech pa's at once. I bought them all and I fill overwhelmed when I look at everything I need to level. Just concentrate on a few at a time, and then buy more when you get those to a level you're happy with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-10-31 19:25 ]</font>

Umberger
Oct 31, 2007, 09:25 PM
1. Unfortunately...no. They seem to level faster after 21 to me, but I think that's just because that's when I stop power leveling them. =p

2. All the TECHNICs are useful in their own situations, but I'd stress at least leveling the Gi- and Ra- variations of each TECH, as well as Foie/Diga (very high power [270% and 280% at level 30], and Foie has level 4 Burn). Dam- TECHs are very useful and fast at dealing damage, and come AoI they all gain a stutter effect. But really, just experiment with all of the TECHNICs, level the ones you like, just use the proper element on the proper enemies and you'll be fine.

3. Resta and Reverser...just level them as you go. People get hurt in parties, and there are plenty of creatures that can inflict SE (especially Neudaiz ones)...don't worry about them, they'll be 30 before you even know it.

Yeah, you're making good progress, don't worry about your TECH levels too much. If you really want to power level them, there's always the tried and true method of 1* Wands as a WT on LLA (although you may want to do C~B at your level). Good luck on your Force-dom. =p

indescribably
Oct 31, 2007, 09:29 PM
I have a level 100 techer. And I have no patience to really level up spells. And I replace PA with ones I don't use. So here is my list.

Foie: 30
Damfoie: 4
Gifoie: 14
Shifta: 30
Jellen: 14 (really useful)
Rabarta: 17
Dambarta: 30
Gibarta: 30
Deband: 30
Zalure: 14 (really useful)
Razonde: 1 (hate this spell)
Gizonde: 30
Noszonde: 21
Zodial: 30
Zoldeel: 1
Diga: 30
Radiga: 9
Gidiga: 30
Nosdiga: 30
Resta: 30
Giresta: 28
Reverser: 20
Regrant: 30
Retier:3 30
Megid: 7
Ramegid: 21
Nosmegid: 2
Megiverse: 21

Try using the same element on same element creatures. AKA using Dambarta on an Ice creature, that way you use it more and it levels it up faster. And do buff and debuff parties. Mad Creatures C by the photon charger, don't kill the enemies just keep on debuffing.

galaxy
Oct 31, 2007, 09:31 PM
unfortunately, leveling techs only gets worse. there isn't really a hump, just a steady incline. after leveling hunting PA's, its almost offensive how much slower technics level. and once you hit the teens and twenties, its like molasses getting those levels up. i mean, im level 66 and i've got 3 techs above 20, most above 10, and some still in the single digits. here's some advice though:

for resta/reverser and all buffs: join buff parties. essentially 6 people gather in a game and just cast buffs and heals on each other continuously. thats the only effective way of leveling those, and it seems to work well. might get boring, but those don't really level much otherwise.

for nukes: i find the best way to get thse up is to just pick one and use it excusively until you get it to the desired level. some people suggest running solo linear lines using just that tech, since the monsters are slow and tend to line up well. this can get terribly boring though, so, while it might be slower, just running normal missions with people using one tech still also works.

also, each technic element has its uses. there are certain technics in each element that you probably want to focus on at first though:

diga/gidiga/nosdiga are the primary earth elements to focus on raising. diga's your strongest tech in terms of pure damage, and all gi- techs are useful. nosdiga's homing and average damage, plus possible stun effect is a great tech as well, but its got a hefty PA fragment cost of 75. move to the others later.

foie/gifoie and potentially damfoie are primary fire elements. foie's an all around useful tech, fast and high damaging (plus theres lots of fire weak enemies), gi-techs once again, and damfoie since it's got lvl 4 SE. it doesnt get to useful though until after lvl 11 when it's range gets larger.

razonde/gizonde, and maybe nosuzonde are your primary zonde techs. the straight zonde is not terribly useful, since its low damage, hits only in a straight line, and is a full on B**** to level. but you can work on it once the others are up. for some reason, razonde seems to grab 3 targets more than the other ra technics, but it might just be me. also, it looks sweet. again, gizonde is gi-tech, and those are great. plus, for both ra and gizonde, the paralyzation's extremely useful. nosuzonde's a grab bag, since its homing is nice, but its really slow, uses lots of PP, and costs PA fragments (only 50 though). that ones up to you.

dambarta/rabarta are the most useful barta techs. dambarta is your staple ice technic after even lvl 11. generally, i find that any time i could use gibarta, its probably more effective to stick with dambarta (although if you want, gibarta is still nice). rabarta's better at getting ranged enemies then your single barta tech, and it's stronger.

all buffs, resta, and reverser should all be leveled. debuffs are nice, but not an essential for fTs.

i hope this all helps!

Broodstar1337
Oct 31, 2007, 11:00 PM
Lvl 48 fT currently. I don't have a single tech that's past 20.

Foie/Diga: 16
Buffs: 11
Ra-spells: 8
Gizonde: 9
Gidiga: 7
Dambarta: 12
Jellen/Zalure: 8
Zoldeel: 3
Resta: 12
Reverser: 9

Slow and steady. I'm in no hurry to get my attacks particularly high; it'll come when it comes.

darkante
Oct 31, 2007, 11:18 PM
If there is one debuff spell even worth leveling then it gotta be Jellen, still itīs not that very good but itīs worth using on bigger enemies to easen that whoopass dmg some do.
All other debuffs spell only increase very little more dmg chances for other party member in a mission and generally just a waste of time so your magic will do the trick just fine.

I have a way to level my buffs spells thought but it is still very time consuming.
Doing the train mission on Parum, there is a photon charger thing there.
Buy around 6 wands or rods which should be 1-2 * on.
That way you can keep the cost down and just refill through the photon charger thing when your palletes pp is empty.

I suggest you get the "Joy to Key" program to make the keyboard button or controller get a turbo funktion on the attack button.
So you just configure that buff spell you want to level on that button and just hold it down to make this less of a pain to level.
Movies can be nice to watch during this boring thing.