PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: A little rant about fighting the rainbow beast

MadDogg
Nov 1, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hey what's up everybody. I've always lurked here but today, I finally had to make an account, to talk about fighting the friggin' rainbow beast in random parties. I don't know about you guys, but it seems 9 out of 10 parties I go into I got dudes shooting him with dark bullets, or dudes hitting him with the 3rd part of their pa combo WHILE rocking a dark element weapon, making him spin AND spam megid and megiverse. Now usually I go out of my way, and be like "yo, why not just use a lightning or earth element bullets or weapons, and for the love of god just use only the first 2 hits of your combo. But to no avail, usually some dude with a stoned voice says, "duuuude, I can totally like stunlock him with meh tornadoe dance maaaaan." So I ask you other fortefighters out there, how do you go about not dieing in random parties to the rainbow beast?

CelestialBlade
Nov 1, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah, it's amazing how many people don't know how to fight it. Fortunately, my Guntecher is busy spamming her Burning Shot all over the guy, not only applying delicious SE4 burn (3001 per tick, yo) but the frequency of hits normally allows me to overwrite any element he chooses to use with Fire. Puts a stop to anyone causing him to spam Megid.

blkbeast
Nov 1, 2007, 02:20 PM
lol roflroflroflroflrofl idk ask my bff jill lol

Zorak000
Nov 1, 2007, 02:27 PM
lol I totally fudged with a party once. I hit him with a g-launcher, let him spin and blow everyone away, hit him again, ect. Then someone asked, "alright, who's knocking him back?" then I said (while holding my gur missal), "uhhh... not me? lol". but I stopped then. nobody died so it was just some harmless fun!

jayster
Nov 1, 2007, 02:28 PM
I always use Melee fury.

ayrista
Nov 1, 2007, 02:29 PM
staggering him is one thing, but seriously, megid/megiverse is not that big a deal. its easy to dodge etc. If anything, I'm usually wearing ice armor when im fighting him so i would want to avoid his foie more then anything, but its attacks are very easy to judge etc.

people take the dark thing way to seriously

ShynForce
Nov 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
Yea i agree 100% btw sup maddogg bout time u got a account on here lol. Anyways this is the price we pay for 90% of the population doing labs there whole PSU career they dont know how to fight anything else thats not a parum monster. Can't wait to see how people do in the colony 1up cup mission against the gao's and such and dark falz on S2 is no joke lol.

-Xios-
Nov 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
Megiverse is an AoE you retard, you can't dodge somthing thats an AoE, just be smart and NOT use dark ele on him kkthx?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Xios- on 2007-11-01 12:36 ]</font>

Neith
Nov 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
Kagajibari seems to spin randomly sometimes. I've even had it where I've been killed by a spin, only for my team to be completely oblivious to it.

I remember when Desert Terror S2 was released, and how many times my Fortefighter got killed because someone else used a staggering PA on a Vear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The other advantage of using Lightning on Kagaji is that, for some reason, he only uses Zonde (rather than coupling it with Gizonde). To be honest, Megiverse doesn't bother me that much, but I'd rather not get hit at all.

You'll always get people who don't know what they're doing though, unfortunately.

perfectminute
Nov 1, 2007, 02:52 PM
I usualy stun lcok it with grenades if the party is pissing me off. If they really are making me mad Ill use dark grenades. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Or if their is more than 1 pt or fortegunner ill tell them to use nades.

drizzle
Nov 1, 2007, 03:07 PM
Don't use PAs that take long to execute, pay attention and as soon as you see him stagger, pull back. Works most of the time. I stopped caring about it; if people really want to make him spin I'll help out too ;P

chibiLegolas
Nov 1, 2007, 03:14 PM
I've always popped a trap and proceed with Mayalee Fury on him. And pray to god that he didn't let loose a Megiverse cause of some careless player.
If Megiverse is in effect, I don't think there's much FF can do except use pistols or suck it up and ask for constant resta support.

New_One
Nov 1, 2007, 03:18 PM
Burn G traps + Yak Banga gets the job done for me. Using Yak Megiga would be suicide with the melee range, wouldn't even have time to dodge the megid @_@

ryvius
Nov 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
Honestly, the megiverse isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. It's like 300 damage per tick at most with no dark armor.. fFs have a lot of hp. They can soak it up if they aren't babies.

RadiantLegend
Nov 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
As a fighter "I" always use dark weapons on the "Beast".

The megid/verse isnt the problem, its the stun->spin attack.

9lotus
Nov 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
burning shot + duranga ftw

DavidNel
Nov 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
Actually, the way I see it, if you have 3 hunters in the party, and they all use their knock-back at the right time, then the Beast can't even fight back! Seems to work well for me, although you will probably use a scape or two if your timing is bad.

Lyric
Nov 1, 2007, 04:09 PM
I usually hit it with my ice or dark bullets honestly. My party doesn't have a problem with the megid, so it's alright. If I'm with random people though, I try to go earth.

Stezan
Nov 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
I personally don't attempt to heal people when they are using dark on kajigabari, it's a waste of my time.

Noblewine
Nov 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
I spam gravity shot and my non elementaly machine gun. It helps though it takes a while to take him down.

Sasamichan
Nov 1, 2007, 04:20 PM
Anyone I see use the worng weapos or attacks, I just sit back and watch.

panzer_unit
Nov 1, 2007, 04:25 PM
I tell my team to use fire. Gunners can burn, which is the better DOT anyway, and everyone's got great fire armor by now unless they're roleplayers* so Gifoie isn't a big deal. At least you don't freeze. If the randoms don't want to go along with that, I'll hit it with full PA's to maximize my own damage and walk away from all the spins I initiate.

* "Fire armor killed my dad so I'm going to wear this shop Sori-Senba in his memory forever"

Mystil
Nov 1, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-11-01 14:20, Sasamichan wrote:

Schubalts
Nov 1, 2007, 05:38 PM
Hurray for stunlocking Kagajibari so it can't fight back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Rashiid
Nov 1, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-11-01 15:31, Mystil wrote:

On 2007-11-01 14:20, Sasamichan wrote:

indeed. as i just keep pumpin` mah rifle/bow at it (electric/ground)

Norcris
Nov 1, 2007, 05:55 PM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is about using dark weapons on the Kagajibari...

I usually have other members use fire/lightning on it, then end it in seconds with a 44% dark spear. No megid, no hassle.

Even if, by some freak chance, it DOES change to dark:

1) Megid is easy to dodge.
2)Megiverse hardly does any damage, and heals even less.

Oh, and i'm not sure how many people know this but the Kagajibari will *only* spin if you use knockback from behind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norcris on 2007-11-01 20:59 ]</font>

pikachief
Nov 1, 2007, 05:58 PM
if the dark spells bug u do not invite Kitty.

She got some super cheap 44% dark 8* twin daggers for 700k and she needs to lvl up her ult twin dagger PA XD

lol sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (if i got another person knocking him back with me he's usually being knocked back too much to attack anyways ^.^)

Mystil
Nov 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
Megid is not what I worry about. It's being hit with the spin and megiverse.

One time I was hit with megid, the shield and megiverse. And then immediately killed by the spin attack as he "teleported" to my position.

Wheeee.

Sylpheed
Nov 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
I could care less what element people decide to shoot/hit it with, Megid isn't hard to dodge if you have an ounce of intelligence and as already stated Megiverse dosen't do shit to FF's who it only really effects.

The only thing that REALLY pisses me off is when some dumbass fighter runs straight in and makes it stagger OVER and OVER again making it continuously spin, at this point i sit back and laugh at their retardedness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-11-01 16:14 ]</font>

Gen2000
Nov 1, 2007, 06:17 PM
Depends who I party with, with friends I just use dark weapons. Usually the other melees are using dark weapons too and the Gunners are using Duranga for stunlock so the Beast dies before even the megiverse even gets to its 3rd tick (which barely does any damage anyways).

In randoms I use neutral/fire/lightning because 9 times out of 10 there are a bunch of pansies who freak out over the megiverse and the slow, easy as hell to dodge, Megid but they don't seem to mind taking longer than necessary to kill it and I don't feel like hearing their bitching about me using dark weapons.

IMO, the worse offenders are those who use freaking Ice. Yeah the melee fighters really appericate being frozen and open to any random attack the Rainbow Beast may follow up with.

ThEoRy
Nov 1, 2007, 06:47 PM
lol I seen the same thing.
It's like, "what are you doing?"
I'll usually throw foi or diga. Sometimes I'll stun lock him with regrant.
No worries here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Theoderic
Nov 1, 2007, 07:34 PM
I got bitched at one time about this, and I told the guy that it wasn't really that serious. I mean, anyone who knows how to fight this guy would just use electric element things on it, or if going to stagger it, use a constant flow of grenades, or Mayalee Fury from behind. I mean, not hard to understand. But I feel like Infecting it sometimes. I mean, I may not always have Burn Traps on me, so DoT from Virus... I mean, Megiverse isn't that bad. This guy said it demolishes fighters... I'm a Caseal Fortegunner, I'm pretty sure my low MST would mean it demolishes me too. SOme people, go figure.

Sekani
Nov 2, 2007, 12:12 AM
Fighting the Kagajibari is probably the closest you'll ever come to PvP in this game. You should try and make the most of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BlaizeYES
Nov 2, 2007, 04:12 AM
lol, i have no idea what you're talking about. the title for this topic just made me rather confused, and im going to ask the age old question:

what year agito do you need to make an oriagito with the books and the swords?
it has been 6 long years and i am still awaiting the answer

amtalx
Nov 2, 2007, 06:33 AM
If someone is being a jackass, I put my feet up and relax with a beer in one hand and my Rifle in the other. If you force him to spin and get yourself killed, too bad. I'll moon you when I'm done with my beer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif