PDA

View Full Version : LUCK!!!!

Striker112
Nov 1, 2007, 04:33 PM
so the next mission in the GC is themed "luck". i wonder how this is gonna play out. the parum mission was supposed to be "intuition" but it was figured out pretty quick. is the same thing gonna happen with this mission or do u think that the runs will be totally randomized and the players will have no control.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Striker112 on 2007-11-01 14:34 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Nov 1, 2007, 05:03 PM
From what I understand, there will only be certain map variations that you can get 10 points on, which should make this one a bit of a pain.

Rashiid
Nov 1, 2007, 05:06 PM
ZOMG ITS T3H TOMMIEZ!!

im guessing it has a lot of teleporters that are just random.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 1, 2007, 05:24 PM
Look for the road block from across the map from where it's showing you.
I believe that's the correct 10 map.

http://www.psu-wiki.info/upbbs/lib/printimage.php?id=00001983.jpeg

pikachief
Nov 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
The mission can be 2-3 blocks i believe and i also recall the boss being random aswell, as in u can either fight the 1st form, 2nd form, or both.

Lyrise
Nov 1, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-11-01 15:24, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Look for the road block from across the map from where it's showing you.
I believe that's the correct 10 map.

http://www.psu-wiki.info/upbbs/lib/printimage.php?id=00001983.jpeg

Not quite. That picture is illustrating the map that leads to the possibility of getting a 10.

Checklist time!

a. Is the portal unblocked in Block 1? (there are 2 exits to block 1, but one path has the enemies you need to kill)

b. In block 2, do you get warped to a burning trap field? (You might get sent ahead)

c. In Block 3, Does the last door lead to block 4? (there might be a boss warp instead)

d. When you get to the boss warp, do you fight Fakis 1? (You might skip ahead to fakis 2)

If you answer "No" to any of these, your maximum score is 8. All it takes is 1 thing to go wrong and that spells the end.

Wallin
Nov 1, 2007, 10:56 PM
Holy cow, got enough requirements there? Guess this really won't be fun after all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jayster
Nov 1, 2007, 10:58 PM
I'm just going to run around shooting my guns, I'll let someone else figure out the maps.

BlackHat
Nov 1, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-11-01 20:58, jayster wrote:
I'm just going to run around shooting my guns, I'll let someone else figure out the maps.

bahk
Nov 1, 2007, 11:19 PM
Wow. That sounds horrible.
Does it at least force you to kill all enemies? Or are we going to be stuck in parties of people skipping unnecessaries since the odds suck so much anyway?

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 1, 2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Lyrise!

That's really a lot of work, after all. I think I'll just go with the flow and do all the maps until someone comes in knowing everything.

gryphonvii
Nov 1, 2007, 11:27 PM
funny that we are getting a mission based on luck on the day nobody seems to be getting any luck.

Lyrise
Nov 1, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-11-01 21:24, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Lyrise!

That's really a lot of work, after all. I think I'll just go with the flow and do all the maps until someone comes in knowing everything.

There's nothing else to know really. That checklist is essentially the entire mission, and those events are what affect your killscore.

The chips aren't too hard to find at albeit a bit randomized, the only thing you need to remember is that this time, there's 2 on block 2 (one is at the beginning, either behind you, or in a pile of rubble; the other is near the end, shoot the switch mounted on the ceiling; Warning - if you miss the first chip, you can't turn back and get it, you gotta get it before you take the first warp!) and 1 in block 3 (behind a fake wall).