PDA

View Full Version : 1UP? no the Majarra cup

Nanoframe
Nov 1, 2007, 06:27 PM
Majarra spear pa is really strong and useful but alot of times I wanted to use the other PA's and they are nowhere near as good at fast killing as majarra.

I dont want Sega to "adjust" majarra but sure wish the other pa's were closer to it in damage so that using them woild not slow down the runs. <3 axe

Guess after 1up we can return to leveling the other PA and cut down the majarra spammings.

HFlowen
Nov 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
Almost all the other strike PAs are getting a generous boost in AoI.

-Xios-
Nov 1, 2007, 06:33 PM
umm Twin Handguns > Majarra.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 1, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-11-01 16:33, -Xios- wrote:

The only class that uses both well is FG, and not everyone plays FG, so that's kind of a moot point.

Mystil
Nov 1, 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm beginning to love using Renzan Seidan-ga. And looking forward to it's boost to 220% in AoI. Majarra is good for the EX. I tried using Dus Robedo, but it's too slow for the EX.

EDIT:
Name/Original %/New %/ Original ACC/ New ACC

Source: Psupedia

Assault Crush 185% -> 245% - -
Bogga Danga 150% -> 180% - -
Bogga Zubba 160% -> 260% - -
Dus Robado 150% -> 230% - -
Gravity Strike 140% -> 150% - -
Moubu Seiren-zan 145% -> 165% - -
Renkai Buyou-zan - 83% -> 93% -
Renzan Seidan-ga 150% -> 220% - -
Rising Strike 160% -> 210% - -
Shousen Totsuzan-ga 150% -> 100% 75% -> 84% -
Spinning Break 168% -> 205% - -
Tornado Break 160% -> 170% 75% -> 85% - First part hits 4 targets instead of 3.
Tornado Dance 180% -> 220%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-11-01 16:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-11-01 16:55 ]</font>

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 1, 2007, 06:57 PM
We didn't have Majarra back in the days of Famitsu Cup, you guys got it easy.

-Aurora-
Nov 1, 2007, 06:59 PM

ummm....u sure about that buddy?? i know twin handguns pretty dam well....+10 and lvl 30 on all pa's of twin handgun...still doesn't compare to my good old 50% ice and fire spear

-Xios-
Nov 1, 2007, 07:12 PM
Ummm I garentee you that Twin Handguns beat any spear, It might not deal as much damage, but you don't get left with that over skill and waste time, you just point and shoot. I hit about 300 each shot so they die fast and im not left with the waste of all the skill time, and with majarra you usally only kill 1 or 2 no matter what your % is. I use majarra and twin handguns, the % on your weapon dosn't matter much either. I know that my twin handguns will out kill anyone using majarra and im just a fG not even a fortegunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Xios- on 2007-11-01 17:15 ]</font>

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 1, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-11-01 17:12, -Xios- wrote:
Ummm I garentee you that Twin Handguns beat any spear, It might not deal as much damage, but you don't get left with that over skill and waste time, you just point and shoot. I hit about 300 each shot so they die fast and im not left with the waste of all the skill time, and with majarra you usally only kill 1 or 2 no matter what your % is. I use majarra and twin handguns, the % on your weapon dosn't matter much either. I know that my twin handguns will out kill anyone using majarra and im just a fG not even a fortegunner.

I loled

beatrixkiddo
Nov 1, 2007, 07:26 PM
On 2007-11-01 16:27, Nanoframe wrote:
Majarra spear pa is really strong and useful but alot of times I wanted to use the other PA's and they are nowhere near as good at fast killing as majarra.

I dont want Sega to "adjust" majarra but sure wish the other pa's were closer to it in damage so that using them woild not slow down the runs. <3 axe

Guess after 1up we can return to leveling the other PA and cut down the majarra spammings.

Your sig is more than twice the allowed size. :3

bahk
Nov 1, 2007, 07:30 PM

Ok, I get it now, but you really need to work on making it more obvious when you're making joke responses. "umm Twin Handguns > Majarra." is still remotely believable as a serious answer. Try making it longer, maybe even make a stab at your own statement, if you want to make posts that aren't intended to be taken seriously. Or just put "jk" at the end. That helps.

-Xios-
Nov 1, 2007, 07:37 PM
I wasn't ganna spend 10mins typing up a reason why Twin Handguns are better, I was just putting in my opinion, But someone had to put there 2cents in... and bash about my opinion. Oh right... thats what a forum is, to bash on other ppl and there opinion. Correct?

Nyreal
Nov 1, 2007, 07:44 PM
I want to see that insane swimming that we get in AoI. I'll spam that one senseless.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
On 2007-11-01 17:37, -Xios- wrote:
I wasn't ganna spend 10mins typing up a reason why Twin Handguns are better, I was just putting in my opinion, But someone had to put there 2cents in... and bash about my opinion. Oh right... thats what a forum is, to bash on other ppl and there opinion. Correct?

Well, if it's just your opinion, don't claim it as fact.

Nyreal
Nov 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
But... this is the internet. All opinions are facts. And if you're wrong, then you're stupid.

Dragwind
Nov 1, 2007, 07:57 PM
That's an opinion with the hole twin handguns > majarra, but I really disagree. Twin handguns imo vs Majarra....I just lol.

Anyhow, Majarra is possibly one of the most useful PA's to use until the rebalance anyhow so embrace it.

-Xios-
Nov 1, 2007, 08:26 PM
You know im talking about the Ex-Mission, Handguns are best for Ex-Mission, but the actual mission yeah Majarra is best.

-Aurora-
Nov 1, 2007, 08:30 PM

Your hitting about 300 each bullet...and I hit about 500-550ish per bullet....yet i hit 1000+ with my spears not counting if i crit then it jumps to 3000+ its funny that ppl replies with "LOL" and "thats your opinion" but hey more power to ya...

GreenArcher
Nov 1, 2007, 08:36 PM
EX-Mission, honestly Twin Handguns own the crap out of everything.

Neudiz A EX, Ageeta are down in 3 bullets (so 2 shots). Twin Handguns have the range to cover the whole area, so you pop it into FPV and unload. There is potentially no wasted time if you can land all your shots. There is no movement, all you do is shoot.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 1, 2007, 08:38 PM
I still can't figure out why they're nerfing the 1st single claw PA. That PA was never anything special in the first place. Why nerf it so it's just as strong as a normal attack but hits more targets?

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-11-01 17:52, Nyreal wrote:
But... this is the internet. All opinions are facts. And if you're wrong, then you're stupid.

-Xios-
Nov 1, 2007, 08:56 PM
Green_Archer has the exact point, range is hands down the best thing for Ex-Missons. I hate walking monster to monster with majarra, i waste so much time.

Mystil
Nov 1, 2007, 10:56 PM
On 2007-11-01 18:38, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I still can't figure out why they're nerfing the 1st single claw PA. That PA was never anything special in the first place. Why nerf it so it's just as strong as a normal attack but hits more targets?

As of now it does not hit two targets on the first combo. Only the second.

The nerf is to offset its new ability to hit 2 targets on the first combo in AoI. The single claw PA is the majarra of claw PA's. It hits OMGBBQ times in a short amount of time for big time damage, plus it blows away. I wanna say that it makes the twin claw PAs look rather silly in comparison. With 150% and being able to hit 2 targets..you know how destructive that thing will be?

Shoushen Ts-xxxxxx-ga(cant spell it) is underrated and underestimated. It is strong, very strong, and ashame it will lose that strength in the expansion. It makes Kametoze, Kodd Nadds, pretty much any big monster cry.

The2dCour
Nov 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
Obviously your opinions are stupid facts. And if we're all wrong then being right is stupid too. So crabs steal your waffles and game over.

DAMASCUS
Nov 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
Thats interesting to know that Japan didn't even have Majarra to use for their CUP. In the last week as an added challenge we should try to make it through to the EX3 missions without using Majarra. We will know the maps by heart by then so that handicap(?) would be welcome for some of us who grow tired of the repetition for the sake of...OMG MOR RAREZ NAO!!

Mystil
Nov 2, 2007, 12:01 AM
They didn't have lvl100 cap either.

gryphonvii
Nov 2, 2007, 12:08 AM
I only used majarra in ex when I was doing moatoob, every other time I use machine gun or twin handuns when apllicable, depends on which one I hace the highest bullets on for the monster.

bahk
Nov 2, 2007, 12:18 AM
On 2007-11-01 17:37, -Xios- wrote:
Ummm I garentee you that Twin Handguns beat any spear

I was just putting in my opinion

the best thing for Ex-Missons

Ah, you're learning quickly. Contradicting yourself is another good way to make it so that your less than serious posts are taken less than seriously. But you don't want to make yourself look too stupid in the process. Try toning it down a little.

Broodstar1337
Nov 2, 2007, 12:52 AM
Just wait until you get slicers... Good god...

DAMASCUS
Nov 2, 2007, 12:55 AM
On 2007-11-01 22:01, Mystil wrote:

Ah, so this is starting to make sense now. Neudaiz seems insanely easy because we have both Majarra and lvl 100 which JPN didn't. Since they packed Parum and Moatoob into the same week the challenge turned out just right. I'm not using Majarra the last week, thats all there is to it. Deathmakers on the other hand..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2007-11-01 22:59 ]</font>

TranceZiggy
Nov 2, 2007, 01:08 AM

*cough*Mechs>Twin Handguns*cough*

mvffin
Nov 2, 2007, 03:01 AM
mechs>*

Nyreal
Nov 2, 2007, 03:03 AM
50%+ Charge Mechs > All.

TranceZiggy
Nov 2, 2007, 03:31 AM
100% Hit Charge Vulcans, anyone?

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 03:34 AM
Psynergy Mechguns with Berserk or gtfo

New_One
Nov 2, 2007, 03:39 AM
Yak Zagenga>>>>>>>Twin Handguns>>>>>Handgun>>>>>Majarra

*Hides under chair*

imtehlueser
Nov 2, 2007, 04:12 AM
>_> If you're actually good with majarra, it's the best. And of course, you need to have teammates that aren't retarded and draw away tons of monsters while taking forever to kill them with weak pas. But yeah, if you're good, you have to chase down nothing. The initial attack kills 2-3 things, the second kills 2-4, and the swing should finish off anything around you, while another 2-3 enemies are running up to you for you to start it all over again. Works wonders.

Mystil
Nov 2, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-11-01 22:55, DAMASCUS wrote:

On 2007-11-01 22:01, Mystil wrote:

Ah, so this is starting to make sense now. Neudaiz seems insanely easy because we have both Majarra and lvl 100 which JPN didn't. Since they packed Parum and Moatoob into the same week the challenge turned out just right. I'm not using Majarra the last week, thats all there is to it. Deathmakers on the other hand..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2007-11-01 22:59 ]</font>

Yes thats why a lot of them say we have it easy.

physic
Nov 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
dont realy need majarra at all. FG and fg can easily tear up the place with mechs and a dagger with buten. FF may have it easier, but you could have used reg daggers to kill mobs fairly quickly, only dif is you have to run with more calculated movements. I also think they had just gotten cap 90 sooo it isnt that insane. Anyhow, regardless the jp were basically getting 80 in most games after an initial week while your learning the ropes.

As far as neudaiz seeming easy, neudaiz (level) was really just about weathering the storm, them throwing 153 mobs at you with opposing elements. not that different from a normal mission. its the longest and most boring.

As far it being easier to beat the ex, i dunno if thats really true, keep in mind you had a week a leveling and skill building before seeing neudaiz, the only thing id say is huge dif in hardness is the damn vanda mission, but im a FF which cant do much there since vanda love to back away from mobs.

mll
Nov 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-11-01 18:38, PALRAPPYS wrote:

They aren't nerfing it. Its atp went down by a third and the number of targets you hit went up by a third its going to do the exact same ammount of damage its just going to be more useful in most situations.
(and its ata went up too)

physic
Nov 2, 2007, 11:42 AM
actually only the first hit increased to 2 targets. the second hit was always multi target, so yeah its a nerf. and yeah it wasnt that great to begin with, heavy pp cost on a low pp weapon. it is fast though. Maybe they did that because the just attack is really quick with that weapon, which would make it stronger than it used to be with JAs just not strong as other stuff with JAs

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-11-02 01:39, New_One wrote:
Yak Zagenga>>>>>>>Twin Handguns>>>>>Handgun>>>>>Majarra

*Hides under chair*

People riding on spears = Dus Majarra

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kylie
Nov 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
I use majarra sometimes because it is so useful on the 1UP mission with the missions timed and all, but I don't use it nearly as much as a lot of other people. As for leveling skills, I actually have most of the ones I want to keep capped.

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 2, 2007, 12:55 PM
I fail to see how dualies could be better than majarra on Moatoob EX #1 with four ForteFighters using lightning Muktrands.
When Moatoob comes back, you people who worship your dualies should get together and try to get an S rank on that EX. Bil de vears cut bullet damage in half so don't cry if you can't get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-11-02 10:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-11-02 10:59 ]</font>

Nanoframe
Nov 2, 2007, 06:40 PM
Majarra is especially great in hive with all same element enemy, nice on fakis too. too bad 1up dont give Pa frags so i can get ult axe pa for cast

Winter_of_uno
Nov 3, 2007, 08:08 AM
Majarra is good in many situations but not in all situations. 4 melees surfing to the same ageeta/pannon/ (insert small mob here)/ is just ridiculous. For damage on 1 or 2 mobs I would go with Gravity Break anytime and multiple hitbox bosses scream for jabroga imo.