PDA

View Full Version : Luck? how do i get it how do i know if i have it? ty

xlancex
Nov 2, 2007, 03:10 AM
HI i was online the other night and someone said i had lv 3 luck. i was huh how you know that that they said they can tell. i was really sonfused and when my bandwidth limit ran out i was unable to ask how why and what do you mean. does any one know what this is all about. thanks

TranceZiggy
Nov 2, 2007, 03:16 AM
The stars to the left of your name.. four tiny, flickering stars = Lvl 1 Luck, a cluster of about 15 or so flickering stars = Lvl 2 Luck, the same cluster of stars + a golden glow = Lvl 3 Luck.

Nyreal
Nov 2, 2007, 03:18 AM
Yes, well. Sometimes luck doesn't come all that often. It tends to favor Newmen and Females, just in case you were wondering. XD

SakuraJr
Nov 2, 2007, 03:20 AM
Those flickers indicate how much of a chance you'll find rare drops and such during missions.

XIIBlades
Nov 2, 2007, 03:20 AM
If your on PS2, click L3 (push on the left analog stick untill it clicks) do this untill your name/level appears above your head. if you have luck, a special shining effect will appear next to your name/lvl. It will appear as either:

- a few shining stars (lvl 1 luck)
- many shining stars (lvl 2 luck)
- A bright orange glowing effect (lvl 3 luck)

luck can increase drop rates for rare items slightly and possibly increase synth rates? (I forgot if this is true or not)

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 03:25 AM
On 2007-11-02 01:20, SakuraJr wrote:
Those flickers indicate how much of a chance you'll find rare drops and such during missions.Incorrect. Luck does not affect anything but Drop-Anything Rate (the odds of an enemy dropping anything at all) and Grind Rates.

SakuraJr
Nov 2, 2007, 03:26 AM
On 2007-11-02 01:25, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-02 01:20, SakuraJr wrote:
Those flickers indicate how much of a chance you'll find rare drops and such during missions.Incorrect. Luck does not affect anything but Drop-Anything Rate (the odds of an enemy dropping anything at all) and Grind Rates.

Durr lol I'm so out of it tonight >_< thank you for correcting me. Note to self: don't post when you have lack of sleep

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 03:28 AM
Only reason I was as gentle as I was in correcting you is because I assumed you knew better already. :3

SakuraJr
Nov 2, 2007, 03:29 AM
On 2007-11-02 01:28, Remedy wrote:
Only reason I was as gentle as I was in correcting you is because I assumed you knew better already. :3

Yes I knew already I'm just tired is all X3

xlancex
Nov 2, 2007, 03:35 AM
oh i see i have never seen my name and level next to my name (did not know about the click analog stick ) how noob am i lol. thanks guys

xlancex
Nov 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
so how do i get it? ty

Chuck_Norris
Nov 2, 2007, 06:41 PM
It changes every day. In AOI there is a NPC you can go to, and change your luck by giving them meseta.