PDA

View Full Version : song of death?

u_r
Nov 2, 2007, 12:41 PM
why was i just given this item i cannot use?

ripped off again *sigh*

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 2, 2007, 12:43 PM
Relative input.
Some people may be more appreciative of getting an S rank Grenade Launcher for free...

amtalx
Nov 2, 2007, 12:44 PM
I'll take it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You can always trade it for something that you do want.

HFlowen
Nov 2, 2007, 12:44 PM
Song for Death.

It a hippy fail launcher. I'd rather use my bazga.

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 12:45 PM
Too bad it's stronger than Bagza

amtalx
Nov 2, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-11-02 10:45, Remedy wrote:
Too bad it's stronger than Bagza

Looks > Efficiency

Duuuuuuuuhhhrr http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Nov 2, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-11-02 10:41, u_r wrote:

ripped off again *sigh*

How were you ripped off? You didn't pay for it; all you did was complete some missions.

As a Fortetecher, I won't be able to use the Song for Death, either, but I'll still be happy to receive it. Hell, I plan on switching types for a bit just to play around with the thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

u_r
Nov 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
im fighgunner lol. may as well feed it to my PM. everyone will have one so wont be worth much...

at least give us a choice of weapons lol

Voison
Nov 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
In Someways we did get ripped off...

in other we are lucky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

amtalx
Nov 2, 2007, 12:54 PM
I'm sure there will be events in the future that give an item that is utterly useless to rangers. Fear not.

panzer_unit
Nov 2, 2007, 12:54 PM
Gunners can finally look ridiculous too. It's about time.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 2, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-11-02 10:41, u_r wrote:

ripped off again *sigh*

o.O Ripped off? You got a FREE S rank weapon for doing 4 missions. You didn't have to buy it,or make it. I don't know about you,but that sounds like a friggin deal to me. And if you can't use it,change classes!

u_r
Nov 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
no, gunners got a free S class.. none gunners got 1 less item space.

Miyuki
Nov 2, 2007, 01:01 PM
If u don't want it, try... selling it?? Just like other weapons (Ank Bico, Frying Pan) that can't be necessarily be used or wanted, people will still buy because they want multiples for grinding, alts, or whatever. Even if everyone gets one, there will always be people who missed out on 1up and will want the gun. Be happy we're getting "free" stuff.

Scline
Nov 2, 2007, 01:04 PM
... Am I seriously hearing this? If I walked up to so me random person and gave them a FREE S Class, if they could use it or not, they'd freak out. Cheapest one I see being sold for right now is Ragnus, for a million, and just because they're a lot of them in the stream, doesn't mean they'll worthless, Save it for AoI, Trade it for something you want when people who never got the chance to get one start lookin' for it.

That's what I'd do, anyway. -shrug.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scline on 2007-11-02 11:05 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 2, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah this is a new low.
Whining about the game, ok.
Whining about updates, sure.
Whining about classes getting buffed, whatever.
Whining about events bursting with loot... I've seen it.
Whining about a relatively good S-rank weapon for free? Cry more.

ALC
Nov 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
I put this on my fortegunner alt immediately. The gun itself doesn't look so cool, but the bullets it shoots and sound it makes are so awesome, I would rather use it than any of the current S rank launchers

Cracka_J
Nov 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
this thread is lol
first people complain about not getting fam./1up
then we get the event and people still find room to complain about everything about it, even free stuff being given out just for playing the event.
I see why sega waits so long to give us stuff now, everyone just bitches about everything anyway.

kissablepimp
Nov 2, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-11-02 10:51, u_r wrote:
im fighgunner lol. may as well feed it to my PM. everyone will have one so wont be worth much...

at least give us a choice of weapons lol

if you don't want it I give it to me give 100-200k for it.

Kinako78
Nov 2, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-11-02 11:16, ALC wrote:
I put this on my fortegunner alt immediately. The gun itself doesn't look so cool, but the bullets it shoots and sound it makes are so awesome, I would rather use it than any of the current S rank launchers

Same here. Don't have a fortegunner yet, but I will in time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ryvius
Nov 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
I believe what everyone is trying to say can be summed up quite easily.

"Shut the fuck up."

Schubalts
Nov 2, 2007, 01:31 PM
Wish we could lobby actions while holding weapons. We could have a rock concert!

u_r
Nov 2, 2007, 01:41 PM
u guys r retarded n needa life tbh if u cant see what I am getting at

Vickie
Nov 2, 2007, 01:43 PM
i bought one for 1 mil so you should sell it now

Sylpheed
Nov 2, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-11-02 11:41, u_r wrote:

Congratulations, any point you were trying to argue is now invalid and you will most likely not be listened to so please let me show you the backdoor out of these forums.

Neith
Nov 2, 2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Complaining about getting a free S-Rank weapon? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Common sense would dictate that if you can't use it: 1) make a Fortegunner or 2) sell it.

I barely even use my Fortegunner, but I still thought it was nice to get a free S-Rank weapon, especially one that kicks this much ass (it's a star-shooting guitar case, what more could you ask for).

If you're somehow complaining you got one you should have 1) looked at the prize rewards section of the 1Up Cup page 2) considered giving it to someone who won't moan about it.

Golto
Nov 2, 2007, 01:55 PM
Don't forget that PT will also be able to use it in 2-3 weeks. It has good stats and grinds better than the Gur Bazga. Its trade value will not be so great since everyone can get at least 4 of these per account.

GuardianPoe
Nov 2, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-11-02 11:41, u_r wrote:

Given your spelling right there, I'm impressed you spelled the word "retarded" correctly.

Molehill =/= mountain. You've got three hundred and sixty spaces for your items, and the thing has value no matter which way you cut it. If you don't believe me, just go browsing the shops and tell me how many cheap frying pans you can find.

Schubalts
Nov 2, 2007, 01:57 PM
Not just comparable to Bazga, it has more PP than the 12 star Tenora grenades, whose name I forgot.

Vickie
Nov 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
yea its not that bad, sides at least you should have gotten a rappy suit.

u_r
Nov 2, 2007, 02:22 PM
im using on screen keyboard.... easier to type slang.......

n u r retarded..point is, people who dont want a gunner shud have gotten a diff weapon as a reward...

"rare" is ment to b rare, not common

Chuck_Norris
Nov 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
If ANYONE is retarded here, It is you. You got a FREE S RANK WEAPON that you almost NOTHING to get.

Also. Why the fuck are you using an on screen keyboard on a PC?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-11-02 12:33 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
Make sure you never become a FG/GT sometime down the road, should you happen to off that free S-rank you got. Then you'll have regrets.

Vickie
Nov 2, 2007, 02:44 PM
i don't disagree with you, it is kinda shitty that they only gave out a fortegunner weapon when they coulda gave us a choice, they coulda put out other weapons like that DrillFist for example for you fortefighters, But hey they Sega wont make any money if they start releasing everything at a time so i can see where the "rip Off" part comes from (they wanna keep us playin).

Dont get me wrong though im not complainin cuz i was lookin forward to the song for death.
Im just lookin at it from your prespective and it doesnt seem "Retarted" at all.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
I'd still rather have a napalm launcher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-11-02 13:12 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 2, 2007, 03:06 PM
Did any techers complain about getting frying pans for Firebreak?

panzer_unit
Nov 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
Techers can USE frying pans.

Come AOI, I'll be able to use Song for Death with 2 of the 3 jobs my character does... I'm still looking to trade it for Gur Bazga just 'cause of the whole star-shooting thing. My dood isn't cool like that, I just want a big WWII-looking gun thing. If anything I'd rather have Gur Bazgac and kill myself a little less badly whenever I use Boma Duranga.

Failing ANY of my S-rank aspirations the GRM launchers in AOI look hot, hot, hot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-11-02 13:16 ]</font>

Omega-chan
Nov 2, 2007, 03:17 PM
I wish I had one of those for my CAST. I just blew 90K on an A-rank yesterday and am so broke. D:

Dragwind
Nov 2, 2007, 03:18 PM
How can you complain about a free weapon? Wtf....

Sad face.

JAFO22000
Nov 2, 2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe it's payback for the lack of good ranger S ranks otherwise available through the event. I read some rangers stating that there wasn't an equal amount of loot for them, which is true. Perhaps this is to balance it out and give them something to shoot for, NPI. Just be glad you got something and if you can't use it, dispose of it how you see fit. There are MANY S ranks to be had in this event. Surely you have to be excited about the chance to get at least one of them???

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 2, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-11-02 13:03, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'd still rather have a napalm launcher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Gur Nepam. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jaden_Korr
Nov 2, 2007, 03:36 PM
What's the requirements for getting Song For Death?

_Vyser_
Nov 2, 2007, 03:40 PM
Meh, make an alt that can use it. If you really hate it that much, just do what everyone else is saying

panzer_unit
Nov 2, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-11-02 13:24, JAFO22000 wrote:
Maybe it's payback for the lack of good ranger S ranks otherwise available through the event. I read some rangers stating that there wasn't an equal amount of loot for them, which is true. Perhaps this is to balance it out and give them something to shoot for, NPI. Just be glad you got something and if you can't use it, dispose of it how you see fit. There are MANY S ranks to be had in this event. Surely you have to be excited about the chance to get at least one of them???

Fortegunners didn't get a bad shake in 1Up. Meteor Cannon, Shigga Desta, Blackbull and/or Rattlesnake... the mot mission had a decent number of Drua Gohra for Gur Bazga, even if there weren't any in the EX mission.

Guntechers... I dunno if anything dropped a rare crossbow, twins, mechgun, or whatever else they can use. Getting a grenade launcher in rewards doesn't do anything to help them.

I want to know where the [b] Rabol Questa is at. COME ON PROTRANSER GETS ONLY ONE SPECIAL ITEM, LETS SEE IT. PS IT HAD BETTER BE MORE AWESOME THAN A BJ ON A ROLLER COASTER TOO.

AC9breaker
Nov 2, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-11-02 13:44, panzer_unit wrote:

IT HAD BETTER BE MORE AWESOME THAN A BJ ON A ROLLER COASTER TOO.

LOL I"ll drink to that!

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/ac9breaker/Videogames/godot-chugs.gif

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 04:11 PM
I'll put it to you this way.

Which would you have rather gotten for free? A 3*, C-Rank Wand, or a 10*, S-Rank Grenade Launcher?

I don't even USE Grenade Launchers and I CAN use Wands (not that I do that much), and my answer is STILL the bleeding Launcher.

Plus, this means we might be able to do something that the JP players haven't: Make a +10 Song for Death. (no 10/10 Song for Deaths have been recorded on JP, as far as I know)

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-11-02 14:11, Remedy wrote:
Which would you have rather gotten for free? A 3*, C-Rank Wand, or a 10*, S-Rank Grenade Launcher?

I don't even USE Grenade Launchers and I CAN use Wands (not that I do that much), and my answer is STILL the bleeding Launcher.

Pretty obvious!

FurYaNz
Nov 2, 2007, 05:35 PM
I just passed on buying one for 400k, it seems they're dropping dramatically in price already.
Someone else bought it pretty fast though, idk... maybe I should've bought that for 400k lol...

Morganna
Nov 2, 2007, 05:40 PM
I agree with the "don't complain about free uber weapons" crowd.

Moreover, consider: we are basically being powerlevelled in preparation for AotI. Perhaps that also includes a free door prize consisting of an S rank, for those of us who are unlucky with S rank hunting/synthing. Also, it's easy as heck to level up classes during the cup...well maybe not right this minute, but next week when we get all missions it'll be easy as heck. I have Fortegunner almost maxed on my newman main, as well as mid levels of fortefighter and wartecher.

Sasamichan
Nov 2, 2007, 05:57 PM
I find it insulting that the Japaneses had to work hard for it, but we got it easily.

--
Mod edit: Japanese

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-11-02 17:45 ]</font>

BigBadWolf
Nov 2, 2007, 06:06 PM
EZ my @$$

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-11-02 15:57, Sasamichan wrote:
I find it insulting that the Japs had to work hard for it, but we got it easily.

Isn't it more insulting to call the JP players "Japs", because its a derogative term?

Elley
Nov 2, 2007, 06:55 PM
How does one get ripped off for something that's free?

BlackHat
Nov 2, 2007, 07:27 PM
Song of Death is the worst excuse for a grenade launcher. I'm selling it to an NPC.

buzyb77
Nov 2, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-11-02 15:57, Sasamichan wrote:
I find it insulting that the Japs had to work hard for it, but we got it easily.

I find the word slander JAPANESE or JP players as Slander... Look up Jap...you will see why.

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-11-02 17:27, BlackHat wrote:
Song of Death is the worst excuse for a grenade launcher. I'm selling it to an NPC.To be fair, it would've been more awesome as a machine gun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's still badass, though.

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 07:49 PM
On 2007-11-02 17:27, BlackHat wrote:
Song of Death is the worst excuse for a grenade launcher. I'm selling it to an NPC.

Nice one! Actually, the only cool thing about Song of Death is that it is ultra popular in PSUniverse and it seems like everyone wants one. In terms of usefulness, I don't see any...

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 07:50 PM
How's this for usefulness: It outclasses the regular 10* Launcher, plus grinds better, looks cooler, and has a wicked sound effect.

Uncle_bob
Nov 2, 2007, 08:09 PM
Stop your bitching and give it to me. Seriously. Let's meet up. Are you on PC/PS2?

BlackHat
Nov 2, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-11-02 17:50, Remedy wrote:
How's this for usefulness: It outclasses the regular 10* Launcher, plus grinds better, looks cooler, and has a wicked sound effect.

But everyone else has one! /rebel