PDA

View Full Version : Any news from the japanese players?

beatrixkiddo
Nov 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
Japanese players do not have AotI for the XBox yet.

Achaiah191
Nov 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
About whether or not the Xbox version of the expansion increases frame rate? I really want to play this game but not if the frame rate is still really bad.

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 04:50 PM
ST is being extra fair to X360 players. The release date is Nov. 20, 2007 for everyone around the world, regardless of the country for 1600 Microsoft points or $20 at XBox Live Marketplace!

Hank
Nov 2, 2007, 08:58 PM
360 players don't get the offline content or extra mode though.

Kismet
Nov 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
Sucks to be on XBox... >=D

Jinto117
Nov 2, 2007, 09:13 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:00, Kismet wrote:

Not really. What really sucks is a shitty economy.

buzyb77
Nov 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:13, Jinto117 wrote:

and the 360 players All get the ablity to get the expantion Same day..and it only 20$ US... oh and ya know what else...I sitll have not finished the offline Story mode...so 20$ more for crap I don't want...Mmmm...ya know what I am happy with a 20$ version...with LESS voice acting...

Cavarcous
Nov 2, 2007, 09:24 PM
lolinb4consolewarandthreadlock

On topic:

I'd like to know this as well. I used to play PC/PS2, and when I switched to 360, I noticed the difference immediately how smooth it runs. Now, if I had a higher-end computer (I played PSU on my decent laptop) there might be room for argument between PC/360. Every once in a while I hear someone talking about or see pictures about how pretty the PC version can be with a good computer.

Konstanse_Xx
Nov 2, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:22, buzyb77 wrote:

and the 360 players All get the ablity to get the expantion Same day..and it only 20$ US... oh and ya know what else...I sitll have not finished the offline Story mode...so 20$ more for crap I don't want...Mmmm...ya know what I am happy with a 20$ version...with LESS voice acting...

It's not really a win-win situation for anyone, because not everyone -wants- no offline for 360, and not everyone wants an offline for PC. I just find your point moot.

For example, I would love to play offline whenever my internet goes down, this is possible on PS2 but if I was on 360 I wouldn't have that luxary.

No offline is a gift or a curse, it's all dependent on the person. =P

buzyb77
Nov 2, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:24, Cavarcous wrote:
lolinb4consolewarandthreadlock

On topic:

I'd like to know this as well. I used to play PC/PS2, and when I switched to 360, I noticed the difference immediately how smooth it runs. Now, if I had a higher-end computer (I played PSU on my decent laptop) there might be room for argument between PC/360. Every once in a while I hear someone talking about or see pictures about how pretty the PC version can be with a good computer.

Silver...Acounnt....You need Gold Man...

yeah PSU would have been Alot better if their was Not a PS@ version to Consider...That and Dial up...

As for the PC Graphics...they could have Run on Direct X 7...and were on what now...Direct X 9 on the 360... And 10.1..on the PC...

Think about it For a Sec..PSU with BioShock or Crysis Grafix.....Drool.........

RedX
Nov 2, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:24, Cavarcous wrote:

PC is the smoothest version. This is fact. This is because of Frame Skip, if you didn't have it set up on your copy then maybe thats why it wasn't smooth. Thats what this topic is about, the frame rate not the resolution or model detail or anything, Frame rate which because of Fame Skip PC has the best.

Cavarcous
Nov 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
I wasn't aware that having Silver or Gold affected how smooth the 360 version runs. Where is this stated?

To RedX: I tinkered with the frame rate when I played on PC. You can mess with it all you want, but if your computer doesn't have enough power to run everything at the same time, it doesn't matter what the frame rate is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cavarcous on 2007-11-02 19:42 ]</font>

-Xios-
Nov 2, 2007, 09:41 PM
I went from the PC/PS2, to the 360, back to the PC/PS2... I believe that the 360 has a bigger population, economy wise... they both have over price goods. PC wins by far couse it has no slow FPS. The 360 having a bigger population dosn't mean anyting... And the thing I like the most is I don't have to hear the little UK kids playing 20 questions every time they hear a female voice through the mic.

Kismet
Nov 2, 2007, 09:46 PM
I didn't mean to bash the 360 version in general, just that one particular player's problem. XD

RedX
Nov 2, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:40, Cavarcous wrote:
To RedX: I tinkered with the frame rate when I played on PC. You can mess with it all you want, but if your computer doesn't have enough power to run everything at the same time, it doesn't matter what the frame rate is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cavarcous on 2007-11-02 19:42 ]</font>

errrr, doesn't sound like a decent computer to me. My 6 year old computer(it was mid when i got it, not using it anymore btw) can run PSU with fairly decent frame rate and it's gfx just meets the requirements being a GeForce 5 series(integrated crap to). So either you didn't know how properly set up a games settings or your "decent" laptop is utter garbage.

BlackHat
Nov 2, 2007, 09:48 PM

Then you shouldn't be on PC >.>

buzyb77
Nov 2, 2007, 09:56 PM
I wasn't aware that having Silver or Gold affected how smooth the 360 version runs. Where is this stated?

Silver and Gold class Xbox.come argument...Post something as a Silver... and odds are somone will not beleive you basied on the fact you have silver...its an old funny thing on the 360 fourms as often Sony fanboys will post something as a Silver or just "spamers" / Trolls will make a silver account just to troll.

Cavarcous
Nov 2, 2007, 09:57 PM
I fooled around with the settings quite a bit when I played on my laptop, and no matter what I did, it still didn't run as nice as 360. Almost has the same amount of weapon lag as PS2.

But to entertain you, here are my specs:

Intel(R) CPU T1350 @1.86GHz

Direct X 9.0c

Graphic Card:

Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-11-02 19:57, Cavarcous wrote:
I fooled around with the settings quite a bit when I played on my laptop, and no matter what I did, it still didn't run as nice as 360. Almost has the same amount of weapon lag as PS2.

Direct X 9.0c

Graphic Card:

Is it possible for PSU to freeze if the specs are lower than the minimum requirements? The game seems to be super cheap right now, but...

Syl
Nov 2, 2007, 10:09 PM

Direct X 9.0c

Graphic Card:

I don't know what you're doing wrong, maybe it's your ram?

I played 360 once, sure, looks better than PS2, but the slowdown is just as bad, if not worse. If you say its better than PC, oh boy are you poorly mistaken or you have a really crappy comp.

My pc gets no slowdown while I'm playing, and yes, that's at highest specs on frame skip 0. /epeen

My PC was made from scrap parts too, which rather surprised me.

AMD Athalon 3200+ 2.0 GhZ
1GB of Ram
Dual RADEON x800 video cards

Nothing over the top, and it runs as smooth as silk while still being able to have MSN, Winamp, Vent, and even fire fox open all the same time.

As far as on topic, I believe it'll be just like the PS2 version of AoI. As in, the graphics get dumbed down a bit allowing the game to run better.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 2, 2007, 10:15 PM
His problem is that he has an integrated card.

RedX
Nov 2, 2007, 10:26 PM

Direct X 9.0c

Graphic Card:

Yeah thats pretty terrible. a 1.8GHz single core Intel CPU, an Intel GFX card, and by mention the Weapon lag i suspect 256 or 512 RAM. Thats barely at the requirements if not bellow with the GFX card. Plus you were probably trying to run it in window mode.

Edit:

On 2007-11-02 20:15, beatrixkiddo wrote:
His problem is that he has an integrated card.

Not necessarily, but that is a major problem in this case. The problem is, is that it's a crappy integrated intel card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-11-02 20:29 ]</font>

Pentence
Nov 2, 2007, 11:22 PM

Actualy thanks to the cup event the pc/ps2 servers have seen a massive price adjustment.People seem to finaly understand the priceing of goods.I havent been into a realy outragiously ovberpriced shop in a good bit now.Its refreshing they put this event in just before AoI for us.It will help out with alot of things.

Also frame skip is on pc er only i wish they had a auto skip funstion built in to ps2 ver and 360.I have played and seen both 360 has some frame rate issues also.Pc so far beats all for this game still though albiet with a controler no less.

Lastly i dont hate the offline mode but i dont love it either i just hope to have jap english choice of sound effects and voices.So this way if i decide to play it on one of offtimes when my net or their servers are down i can enjoy it.

Miyuki-chan
Nov 3, 2007, 02:40 AM
The 360 version running slowly has more to do with a badly coded game and less to do with the hardware... If ST were to have actually put forth an effort into the 360 version we'd be seeing arguably the best version... But since they didnt put in the effort and just threw it together at the last second just to say they did it... Well here we go! "Slowdown City!"

Kismet
Nov 3, 2007, 07:24 AM
omg, this is off-topic but, sylvia! that pic of suigintou in ur sig! i have that as my wallpaper on my comp! *huggles*

Cavarcous
Nov 3, 2007, 10:14 AM
Well sorry RedX, not everyone's mom can buy them an uber PC, kthx. I like my laptop just fine (at least I bought it), no need for you to bash it.

In the end, though, I'll have to get the PC version to play offline story mode, to get get pretty pictures and stuff. Not like I can really upgrade my laptop too much, so I'll just make do, and leave online for 360.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 3, 2007, 10:25 AM
On 2007-11-03 08:14, Cavarcous wrote:
Well sorry RedX, not everyone's mom can buy them an uber PC, kthx. I like my laptop just fine (at least I bought it), no need for you to bash it.

I use my Macbook - I can't run it in full screen without seizure inducing lag, but it works just fine, and if it's cold outside, the whole thing keeps me warm. ^_^

cApNhOwDy
Nov 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
PSU runs at max settings, no slowdown or otherwise FPS problems whatsoever, on this $1200 computer that I built well over 2 years ago. These same parts can be bought today for ~$700. It's not a necessarily huge investment.

AMD 64 Athlon 4000+ Single Core San Diego CPU
MSI k8N nForce4 SLI X16 Diamond Edition mobo
Sapphire X1800XT 512MB videocard
2GB Corsair XMS RAM
Western Digital 74GB 10000RPM harddrive
ASPIRE 520W Power Supply
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard
Windows XP Pro w/ SP2

Cavarcous
Nov 3, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-11-03 10:21, cApNhOwDy wrote:
PSU runs at max settings, no slowdown or otherwise FPS problems whatsoever, on this $1200 computer that I built well over 2 years ago. These same parts can be bought today for ~$700. It's not a necessarily huge investment.

AMD 64 Athlon 4000+ Single Core San Diego CPU
MSI k8N nForce4 SLI X16 Diamond Edition mobo
Sapphire X1800XT 512MB videocard
2GB Corsair XMS RAM
Western Digital 74GB 10000RPM harddrive
ASPIRE 520W Power Supply
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard
Windows XP Pro w/ SP2

Why bother when I already have 360?

cApNhOwDy
Nov 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
I didnt say you should. I was letting it be known that spoiled rich kids who's parents give them $3k to spend money on a computer arent the only people who can play PSU PC on max settings and enjoy silky smooth framerates.

Krisan
Nov 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-11-03 08:14, Cavarcous wrote:

In the end, though, I'll have to get the PC version to play offline story mode, to get get pretty pictures and stuff. Not like I can really upgrade my laptop too much, so I'll just make do, and leave online for 360.

He wasn't bashing it honestly, and while I am sure that laptop is good for whatever everyday tasks you use it for, it is not really a gaming PC.. nor would it be classified as "decent" by todays standards in the PC world, the PC gaming world especially. (Actually, probably wouldn't be considered decent from the standards present several years ago either..)

It is pretty low-end from the specs you posted, so yea, not surprising at all that PSU didn't run so well for you. Glad you have the 360 version to play though, at least.